weight loss and juicing

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
claireelis
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by claireelis »

i find your attitude and outlook admirable. persistence and patience are certainly virtues, but i think enjoying the path is what its about :) you go girl ;)
Christina

Post by Christina »

:D
Christina

Post by Christina »

Does yoga count as muscle building exercise? I'm sure power yoga and bikram yoga create more body mass.
How about a regular vinyasa flow with lots of sun salutations. I guess that inolves holding squat like poses etc.. I don't want to stall my slimming process by exercising my muscles too much. I used to do lots of jogging and power yoga. I'm thinking that it creates bigger thighs etc.
Maybe it's wiser to choose mellow kinds of yoga. But I don't recall ever doing yoga that didn't involve some sun salutations. I just want to be part of the yoga community while still slimming down.
Christina
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

I was wondering the same thing - but then more generally - are all forms of exercise such as yoga, cycling, elliptical machine, low impact aerobics (basically marching and a bit of dancing), salsa dancing, swimming ok - as long as you keep your heart rate down if you want to lose fat without building muscle?
Christina

Post by Christina »

Yes exactly
I want to go dancing, too. We have live drumming with extatic dance here. But that can get wild and sweaty :twisted: So that's quite a workout.
I also have a spinning bike which I am now only sometimes using while slowly paddling and reading. I used to go on it for 30 min. to an hour and get a real sweat going. But I'd rather have toned slim legs and fit in my sexy jeans. :P And of course I'm really getting into walking, too. The beaches are so beautiful this time of the year.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

i am guessing that the most important thing with the sports is not to get your heart rate up to where your metabolism is anaerobic b/c then you stop burning fats. and of course not to do repetitve muscle buidling exercises, but other than that i don't see why we can't enjoy (albeit slowly) all sorts of sports.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I would agree.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes.
Note that with every energy-intensive activity we need to be aware of its constraints; eg we need to load up on carbs during, and/or on build up on glycogen in advance to prevent any backfiring (regarding fatigue, muscle loss, munch attacks etc.).
In other words: know what you are doing so it will be in your advantage.
Christina

Post by Christina »

It's been 3 months now and I haven't lost any weight. I'm at a point where I am considering cutting calories and doing a low carb version of the Wai diet :cry: . My tummy is also less toned now, than when I did ab excersises. So I might return to those workouts, too. I cannot watch myself get worse while doing everything right with no munchfoods.
That's too much for me. If I at least had a tiny improvement to keep me motivated. I've read the testimonials and tons of forum pages. It seems that those with improvements definitely see them in the first few months. The Wai theory sounds so true. Why is it not working weight wise for me yet? :evil:
Am I not patient enough?
Christina
Maya

Post by Maya »

Dear Christina,
I'm not an expert or something, just started my diet 4 days ago (today is begining my 5th day, 100% yeeey 8) ), but I was reading this topic and I noticed that you eat 2 avocadoes a day. Maybe this coluld be the problem, since one avocado has 400 calories. Maybe you coluld eat only one avocado/day? Give it a try. :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

On a positive note: you've avoided the most common mistake of not eating enough. :)

Maybe it's a question of listening more closely to the needs of your body. Energy needs can vary per day, and since we're a creature of habit, we might tend to rigidly keep to the meals and amounts we're used to. We also don't want to waste food, so we tend to finish a meal even if we might've had enough already. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but it could be something to be aware of.

Maya's suggestion is also valid. Experiment and see what works the best for you.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Thanks, Maya and Oscar
I will only have one avocado per day. And I will try cucumber juice instead of orange. Can I add some celery juice to that ? I know that, that will cut calories. But I just want to start the weight loss. Then I'll reintroduce more fruits etc. later. I will still be having lots of oliveoil, the fish and yolks, lots of tomato/cucumber.
I did some ab exercises this morning and it felt really good. Just 5 min. of pilates moves, before paddeling for an hour on the home bike.
Oscar, you definitely have a most cruscial point with the tuning in to what energy you really need aspect. I figured, that, if I eat small amounts each time it wouldn't matter. I'm not certain if I am in tune with my needs, stopping when it's right. That's one to keep working on. I'm just trying to ward off hunger and overeating which has been very successful. :)
I'll keep you posted on my progress.
Christina
Christina

Post by Christina »

I'm not on a low carb version but just changed to more oj +oo.
Gavriel and Sula's posts on positive differences are so inspiring. I'll have less cucumber as Gavriel recommends and no nuts, which I dropped a while ago anyway. I am staying on this program. Giving in now is way to early. I'll also peal the tomatoes which I didn't do before.
My wish is, to be one of those, who, after 6 months to a year or two write here how amazing there results are in the end. Being slimmer and toned with baby soft sking.... 8)
So bear with my sometimes rocky process. :wink:
Christina

Post by Christina »

I'm still going strong on this diet. I've lost a couple of pounds. So far so good. :) This is what I've been eating in average
1 small banana and 1 small persimmon with 2 yolks
1 quart of orange juice with 2-3 tablesp. olive oil divided into 10 portions
2x 1 persimmon with 1/2 tablesp. oliveoil
2x small bowl cucumber, tomato, avocado with sometimes 1-2 oz tuna, apple cider vinegar and 1 T. oo each
1 banana with 1 yolk
Is this too much protein to lose weight?
RRM and Sula always recommend small amounts often to lose weight. Do they mean just three slices of banana or 3 sips of orange juice at a time or more? Maybe I shouldn't have a small bowl of salad at a time, but only 4 bites of it spread out?
I've been doing the two hours of walking but stepped it up a notch, walking brisk while still easily able to have a conversation.(but not power walking, slower than that)
I also do 5-10 min. of pilates stomach exercises and 30 squats per day which has toned my midsection and thighs more. That got rid of the soft look. But I need to lose some more weight. I hope to figure out the right balance to make it happen. I'd be happy to have some suggestions.
Christina
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Christina wrote:This is what I've been eating in average...
Did you submit that to the nutrient calculator?
how many calories?
... 2 yolks .... with sometimes 1-2 oz tuna ... with 1 yolk
... Is this too much protein to lose weight?
no, its certainly not.
You could eat more if you are not susceptible to acne.
RRM and Sula always recommend small amounts often to lose weight. Do they mean just three slices of banana or 3 sips of orange juice at a time or more?
Yes!
Maybe I shouldn't have a small bowl of salad at a time, but only 4 bites of it spread out?
Usually, a salad contains little energy, so that you need to eat more to be able to keep your blood sugar up.
I've been doing the two hours of walking but stepped it up a notch,
Dont make it too heavy for yourself; it needs to be an activity that you can keep on doing for many months.
Dont risk a relapse. You better do a little too little (=just a bit slower) than a little too much (will ruin everything).
But I need to lose some more weight.
Take it slow, step by step.
Dont risk doing too much. The slower you get there, the easier it is to stay there.
since I've been on the Wai diet I've had 3 periods in a row on time :D That is the best result in that regard that I've had with any health plan I've tried
Thats fantastic and a really good sign; its your body telling you that you are doing the right thing.