weight loss and juicing

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

weight loss and juicing

Post by Christina »

Hi
I've been on the Wai diet for about 1+1/2 months, maybe even 2.
I've been eating mostly raw with raw animal foods for years. But this is different. After trying it for 2 weeks, I felt amazing, just contented. I'm not in this for acne whereas skin can never be too glowing and beautiful. :wink:
I believe that the only problem I see is that I haven't lost any weight. I could lose 5 kg, maybe even 10. First, I am eating almost according to the sample diet all this time, besides some butter lettuce once in a while. I walk for 2 or more hours per day. I eat small amounts 9 times per day or more, including 1oz of raw salmon or 2 egg yolks every day. I even cut out nuts and dried fruit to counteract any constipation a couple of weeks ago. All my fruit is organic and local. I'm in Santa Barbara, CA. No munch foods. I don't eat more than a dessert bowel of food at a time. Now I resolved to try some juicing.
I make a liter of apple juice in the morning with olive oil and sip from that instead of fruit 1/2 the day. I hope the juice won't stop weightloss since it 's used for gaining.
Am I having too much oil. I can easily have 15 tablespoons per day :?
Plus one to two ripe avocados.
Sometimes, I just mix the salmon with the avos and tomato, cucumber. Could that be a mistake regarding losing weight?
I sometimes have 3 small cucumber, tomato, avocado salads. Is that too much fiber?
Or maybe it takes longer for some people? I'm fine waiting if I'm doing everything right.
Christina
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hello Christina,

It looks like you're doing fine. Personally I wouldn't mix the salmon with the salad, but it shouldn't really be a problem regarding weight loss. The same goes for the lettuce.

15 tablespoons of oil is quite a bit, but it depends on your build and energy level. Any idea how much kcal per day you're getting?

If you're sure you eat according to the diet rules (http://www.waidiet.com/twd-diet.html) and no hidden appetite enhancers (like soy sauce), I think the only thing to do is listen to your body very carefully and be patient. Don't force yourself to finish a bowl if you feel satisfied already. You can experiment with more/less oil/fat if you like, but your body will tell you how much it needs when. It usually takes some time for the body to get completely adjusted to the different diet, going with small steps at a time.

Hope this helps, and keep us updated. :)
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Oscar

I'm 5'8" and about 150 lbs with a medium size bone structure. I feel most comfortable between 125 adn 135 lbs.
I guess that I'm eating betw. 2500 and 3000 kcal per day, since the oil and avocado must run at 2100 kcal already!
I'm sure that all else is according to the diet rules, having read the book several times.
Thanks,
Christina
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okay, patience then :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, the key really is getting to know your body; when it needs energy, and how much. Its about finetuning; listening very carefully. And if you want to kickstart losing overweight, start walking, walking and walking.
Christina

Post by Christina »

RRM and Oscar
Thanks for the replies.
Yes, I believe that I will with time learn to fine tune the diet according to my personal need.
Luckily, I have plenty of time to go for walks. Yesterday I got stung by a wasp under my foot, while walking on the beach :( So today I'm in bed with ice on my foot.
Patience :roll:
Christina
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Christina wrote:Patience :roll:
:lol:
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

In the beginning i use to strictly follow my calorie intake but now i just drink (eat) when i feel i need to, and though i have a high fat diet (a high ratio of fat to sugar) i don't put on the weight.

:)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Christina

Post by Christina »

I'm feeling kinda frustrated. It's been 2 months now and my weight hasn't budged. I've been walking the entire 2 months almost every day for 2 or more hours and I don't eat any much foods :x
How is this possible? Should i eat less. I've already cut my olive oil intake in half.
Could it be that my previous habit of dieting, controlling my food intake makes my body lash out at first. I am so tempted to just go on one of those undereating regimens :evil: . But on the other hand I really want to surf the wave with my body and not against it for the rest of my life :!: :!:
I used to undereat by having only 2 small meals per day, similar to the foods Wai suggests, mostly raw. And I did some fasting, too. Way less calories. I'd wake up with a flat, empty stomach. It was under control though, no fun.
This program brought me lots of positive results but here are the cons:
I'm not losing weight. I wake up with a bit darker circles under my eyes and I have a bit more clear mucus in my mouth after waking in the morning . I used to wake up fresher in that way. The mucus might be to protect the teeth since the fruits, I believe erode them. I've known a lot of raw foodists in the Los Angeles raw scene and the fruitarians usually have serious teeth problems. They don't eat the fish and egg though which might be the cruscial difference. But I have a good feeling in this plan and want to try if it ends up working for me.
I doubt that I am genetically chubbier since my mom is a houndred pounder girl and my dad was lean to and my sisters are 20lbs thinner than me.
Today I cried in my husbands lap about it and he said I could go back to cutting calories but that made me cry more :cry: because it seems like a viscious yoyo cycle. He loves me either way, well I guess he loves the curves too. But I'm not happy. Enough venting. Does anyone have some ideas or did it take long to lose weight for s.o. else? My patience needs a boost, some faith please, mine is fading a bit.
Christina
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

Christina, I really feel for you!!! How did things end up going? Although the cause may ben different I've gone through similar things - fasting and limited meals certainly lead to short term weightloss, but the intense cravings that ensue a few days later ruin it and lead to weight gain. I think you are on the right track applying Wai's diet and glycogen method concept. I don't have any tips right now, but I really hope you feel better!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The closer you get to your ideal weight, the slower it goes. We're talking months then, not days or weeks...

Maybe you could post your exact diet on a typical day, either here or in Diet Diaries, so we can see if there's anything that can be improved or not?
Christina

Post by Christina »

My daily diet

3x daily 1-2cups of grapes with 1/2 tablsp. oo/ev and stonepressed
2 cups of fresh made cantaloupe juice with 1 tablesp. oo (I sip it inbetw.)
4 fresh/organic/biodynamic medjol dates with 1 tablesp.oo divided in two protions
2 slices pineapple with 1/2 tablesp oo
twice per day salad, each with 1 avocado/perfectly ripe, 1/2 large tomato 1/2 small cucumber(7cm) 4 butter lettuce leaves, oo and apple cider vinegar, sometimes a third small salad with cuc./tom/avo, but never more than 2 avos per day
most days 1 oz. raw, wild, unfrozen king salmon/ with the salad meal
otherwise 2 egg yolks with banana

Thanks for your support,
I'll keep posting, esp. once results have set in. :wink:
The walking definitely works regarding toning. I really feel my legs after 2 hours. It keeps the body firm, no matter which size. I think I'd feel amazing already at 140 lbs. which is 10 lbs away. 8) But hey, I'm also having tons of fun now. I don't postpone my joy and pleasure to after being skinny :!: But it can be frustrating not to fit into ones cute pants etc.
Christina
Christina

Post by Christina »

I forgot to mention that I have more or less 4 cups of distilled water daily with a few drops of lime juice, one heaped teasp. really raw honey and 1/4 teastp. olive oil. I drink that in the morning and during the day. It helps me go to the bathroom.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

hey christina!

i've read through your posts and although i'm sure that most women would *love* to have your figure i know what you mean about a comfortable weight and your goal sounds healthy and attainable. i filled in what you eat during the day on nutridiary.com. it comes to about 1900 calories. With the walking you're burning about 300 extra calories a day - which would put you at 1600 calories. I'm am not a metabolism or weight loss expert, but it seems to me that you should be losing weight and not staying steady. you've been at this for 2 months - so what's wrong? here's some ideas:
(1) you just need more time for your body to adjust: solution = patience ;)
(2) you're body still considers this to be a 'fasting' state and is therefore holding on to the extra pounds: solution = counteract this by drinking more juices.
(3) Maybe you have lost fat, but your is colon is clogged which makes you look/feel like you haven't: you could try juices (apple juice is great for this!), oils and yolks/salmon for a week (but probs increase calories as you don't want to feel deprived and end up with cravings or binging) to see if the decreased fiber will help release some of the older fibers.

I hope you continue to enjoy and take such good care of yourself! Self-love there's nothing better :)
Christina

Post by Christina »

Thanks, Claireelis
I never got into the nutrient calculator. But now you cleared that up for me :D . I will try some apple juice next week. I also have new positive energy to keep going. This motivation will carry me a while and hopefully I'll have some weight loss results soon, even if small, so I can be inspired by them. But I only weigh myself once a month right now, as not to get prematurely discouraged.
Otherwise I just love this diet. It's amazing what a good mood I'm in most of the time.