weight loss and juicing

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: weight loss and juicing

Post by Christina »

One thing that really helped me, was the book 'the seven secrets of slim people'. i got it second hand for about $3. It helped me overcome food issues.
I also do not tell myself that I HAVE TO be 100% Wai. If I am at an event and there is food which might happen once per week or once per month. I might eat 2-4 bites just to taste. but mostly, I choose to eat wai because it feels good and it's delicious, too. but i have a history of being a social outcast when it comes to food and i realize that i love feeling connected and surrounded by people and fun. it relaxes me and actually leads to better food habits, overall. it's a small price to pay. and if there are 'fobidden foods', i tend to feel trapped and want to act out. now i go into the health food store and say to myself " if there is anything i want, then i will have a little. i really never want anything but what feels good and thats fruit and fat!!
I also used to overeat out of boredom and when tired which probably stressed my body out and made me mistrust my inner voice, which leads to overeating again and then i would try and control it again with my mind by undereating. its very common for women to do that. You will learn to be in touch with yourself and be more kind to your body, too. :wink:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Are you sure it's the fruits and not the munch foods that are causing the digestive issues?
Christina

Post by Christina »

Yes, because about 1-2 days after i eat oranges or orange juice for example, I have the reaction. nothing else changed and when i stop eating it, i'm fine 1-2 days later.
but i think that my body has been through some struggles and maybe some foods, that are perfectly fine for others have an effect that's uncomfortable for me. who knows maybe it's even a cleansing reaction. But all I know, is, that i need to be comfortable while trying to be healthy and not suffer.
We'll see, I will keep experimenting as I go. Maybe my body is just not ready for the next level. My mind doesn't get it either :roll:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, and some things heal over time, so it might be that after a while (think months/years) you will be able to tolerate them.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I hope so! Have you seen that happen with others?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Well, for instance my mother developed extreme allergies for perfumes, certain plants, chemical products, etc. After a few years on the diet she discovered that she is far less sensitive to those products now. RRM can tolerate far more protein now than before.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Uhhh, I just peeled grapes for an hour and will juice them tomorrow. It will probably only be enough for 2 cups. so much work. I'm not doing that anymore. back to banana pear juice.
I also tried 1.5 days on the foods that worked for summerwave and her candida. I was curious if I would feel even better on honey water, grape juice, fats and yolks, fish and no fiber. Oh god, it felt awful. I had stomach pain and was nauseous and my blood sugar wasn't stable even though I was careful to take in small amounts of the juice often. Even my bowel movement was a smelly splatter the next day :?
i, at the same time, cut out avocado because i read that dime ( i think it was him) mentioned that it caused him bloodsugar issues.
Well, I reintroduced avocado after feeling so nauseous for 1.5 days and it made me feel more calm and stable and it settled my stomach. Also, i sleep much better when eating avocado. The next day, I returned to my banana pear juice etc and am much happier and balanced. I'm not sure if honey works for me at all. I seem to be much more spacey and unfocused when I eat it. even if only 1 teaspoon at a time. and mostly mixed with water. i seem more nervous and wake up more often during the night :?: :?:
My weight loss has stopped after the initial 1.5 lbs. I'm fine with that. as long as i don't gain on the diet. and maybe i will resume losing a few lbs when my body is ready. my skin looks great. and my digestion is good. I'm eating 1700 kcal most of the time. sometimes more. but i seem to gain when i eat over 1900kcal even when spread out evenly.
Maybe i would lose if i went down to 1450kcal but i don't want to make my body go into starvation mode either. I've played that loosing game one too many times :wink:
dime

Post by dime »

If avocado is good for you then don't cut it just because someone (me :)) wrote they had problems with it!
Honey can be tricky to get used to - after my first teaspoon of honey my stomach hurt like hell for a few hours.. but after a few more teaspoons in the next days I adapted to it and now I don't have any pain. Try first to eat it alone, don't dissolve in water or eat anything else along with the honey. If I think about it I also had smelly bowels when first started eating honey.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Interesting. I will continue with some honey and observe. Yes, I always listen to my body. I also appreciate your research which sounds well thought through and like to try it for myself. Thank u for posting your insights!
Christina

Post by Christina »

Dime,
I do see some hyperglycemia symptoms when i overdo the avocado. Yesterday, I ate less fruit and upped my avocado intake. I probably ate 400+ g divided between 3-4 meals. And I notice excessive thirst, tiredness, mental fog, more frequent urination... I can't wait for my blood glucose testing device to come in the mail, to see what's really going on.
dime

Post by dime »

That sounds very much like the symptoms I used to have. Let us know what you discover with the blood glucose meter.
I ate one avocado today and one yesterday for the first time after a looong time, haven't noticed any problems (yet).
Christina

Post by Christina »

I got my glucose measuring device today and tested at 108. What is the ideal number range to strive for on the wai diet? and what number is best for weight loss? I understand that this wasn't a fasting blood glucose test which should be 80-100 in a healthy person. I'll test that tomorrow morning. And after food it should be below 140. those are standard ranges that are given with the device, i bought. I will continue to test at different times during the day.
I will also eat avocado again one of these days and see how it affects my levels. But I'm not too keen on that, since I feel a lot better without avocado. I think that my prior experiment was tainted because I also had all that honey water which wasn't a great idea. esp. since the blending or the kind of honey possibly caused a problem. I've been eating more whole fruit to have the filling sensation, the avocado gave me before. That way I feel fine and no hyperglycemic symptoms. I will play around with juices, whole fruits, different combinations.
I must say that I've added more dates and raw butter to my diet and I sleep better, plus my temperature is up which i hope means my period is on it's way.
As long as I stick to 1700-1800 kcal i do not gain. I am not losing either.
Christina

Post by Christina »

This morning my fasting glucose level was 91. interesting that it was higher than the last one i tested before bed 86. and after eating for an hour it was 100.
i ran out of raw butter yesterday and substituted coconut oil for it during the second half of my day. low and behold, my basal body temperature dropped from 97.9 to 97.5. happens every time. oh, i will need to go to every store and find my butter. i prefer it over coconut oil, which my body cannot stand, slightly nauseating. but olive oil seems to be on the neutral side.
Christina

Post by Christina »

ok, so i tried the bad kind of scenario. i went without food for hours while walking, shopping etc. came home hungry and ate 3 bananas, 1 T. honey 4 yolks, 1T. olive oil and half an hour later my blood sugar is 193. uh oh, not so good and probably being stored as fat as i write :? ok now i really need a nap. and tomorrow, back to small amounts.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I'm back on track. overeating really messes with my physical, emotional balance.
I got buckwheat honey. i remember having it in the past. it is soooo delicious!!
i'm having a very interesting experience with dates/raw butter and honey. it seems to help with my sleep. i used to wake up between 4:30 and 5:30am every morning like clockwork. now i wake up more energized at 7am! and my thyroid is working better on this food. my temperature, as i already mentioned, is up on it. it drops when i change to other oils. I am very happy about these results. Yesterday i even ate my 50g of tuna+2 yolks with 1 T. butter and 1 T honey. Yumm, with closed eyes.
And i was worried to gain weight on those foods but it's all about how many calories i eat. I went up 1 lb after the overeating day which was over 2500 kcal and the next day i ate 1800 and i'm back down that lb. it's all in the details. and i'm glad that i keep track of that. i know that i would soon be discouraged on a even super healthy diet if i let myself gain weight and felt out of shape!