Maya's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Great :)
Maya

Post by Maya »

Are vanilla beans a no no on this diet?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yep, a no-no. :?
Biev

Post by Biev »

Isn't vanilla powder allowed? I thought I read that somewhere.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not that I'm aware of. Especially on the Acne Sample Diet the only allowed foods are:
- fruit (juice)
- extra virgin olive oil
- raw fish and/or egg yolks

Anything else, unfortunately, is considered a munchfood (so basically not allowed). The Wai Diet is a little more flexible, and allows for nuts, meat, vinegar, etc. Small amounts of chives, ginger, etc, are technically not allowed, but since they aren't that harmful (esp in those little amounts) can normally be used without serious consequences.

I'm not exactly sure in which category vanilla powder belongs. It depends on what it originally contains, and how it's processed.
Biev

Post by Biev »

Oh, I found it again, it was in Wai's munch food suggestions. Since it was specified that it had to be powder, I assume it's just a notch above the beans or liquid vanilla extract v(' ')v I'm trying to make a list in my head of not-so-bad munch foods, since I'm off the strict diet tomorrow ;o)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

How come?
Biev

Post by Biev »

Because variety is fun.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hehe, I meant: how come you're going off the strict diet?
Besides, the want for variety could still have its roots in craving. ;)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Ah, well, I've finished the two weeks. Though I plan on sticking to the basic diet most of the time, I think it'd be fun to have munch food on my days off. Mostly it's so I can make something that my husband and I will want to eat together, since he's too stubborn to give the diet a chance. But I'm looking forward to experimenting too.

As far as cravings go, I've only actually had a craving once in two weeks, and it was when I saw the jar of olives in my fridge. But I just closed the door and it went away : P
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah ok, normally you should stay on the strict diet until your acne has completely cleared away. But if that's the case, experiment away. :)
Biev

Post by Biev »

It was clear by day 3 : ) I'm just slow in posting my journal.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When you start experimenting, please do it with care so that you can identify the culprit when your acne comes back. Its best to introduce just one munch food, separately, per 1 or 2 weeks, so that you can clearly monitor the effects.
Biev

Post by Biev »

Ok! Thanks for the tip.