Maya's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Christina »

I just realized that nobody has answered your exercise question. You can exercise. It won't influence your acne. Wai says this about ex.: If you want to lose weight walk 1 or more hours every day. If you want to increase the size of a body part like shoulders or the bum, you want to work that part out, like pushups or squats. But she thinks that intense ex. like running makes you overeat after and therefore gain weight. And overeating is generally bad for you and she doesn't recommend running etc..
Maya

Post by Maya »

HI!
My dried coconut is without preservatives, unsulfured, made exclusively with drying, bio. So I think I don't have to worry about it. :D
But I will buy fresh coconut and am highy excited. :P

Today was DAY 10 (I can't believe how fast time goes!):
- apple juice + OO (1/2 L)
- yummy fruit salad: sliced banana, pineapple (80 g), dried coconut, walnuts
- salad (lettuce, 1/3 cucumber, tomato, carrot with OO+ apple cider vinegar), raisins and hazelnuts
- 1 banana, 1 orange, the rest of the salad
- dried figs, walnuts
- 1 orange, dried figs, walnuts
- 1 dcl OO + 2 egg yolks

Good night! ;D Tommorow I have to get up at 6 in the morning! :shock:
Maya

Post by Maya »

Christina, thank you for answering my questions! I am always really looking forward of your replies/feedback. :P I will start walking more; I do walk almost every day about 1/2 hour, but that's just when I go to the university/home... Pushups would be good too... :roll:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maya wrote:Is it neccessary to add also the walnuts or is dried coconut actually my source of fat?
Coconut can be your source of fat, so you can substitute the walnuts with it.
Maya

Post by Maya »

I have another question! :D Is it allowed to use PUMPKIN OIL or could it cause more acne?
Christina

Post by Christina »

Well, pumkin seeds are not allowed, as are all seeds. So I would guess that the oil is not ok.
About the coconut flakes. They are mostly dried at high temperatures which mostly excedes 118 degrees F which is not raw. Dried or natural does not mean raw.
How is your skin. Is it getting better?
I'm on my period now, it's really strong and I was lying in bed with hot water bottles this morning. But I still got on the spinning bike this afternoon for 1+1/2 hours. My hubby and I will be watching the rest of Transformers tonight which we started yesterday. It's a good movie, if you like some action/ science fiction.
Maya

Post by Maya »

Christina, I think my skin is improving. The face is smoother, without those huge bumps I used to have. But I have a lot of scars! :( :( My back is showing even more improvement - it is really looking better, my boyfriend says it wasn't that pretty yet- we are together 4 years :P . I know I won't be clear in 2 weeks (today is my 12th day), but I will continue whit this diet, until my face clears up completly. How long are you on this diet?
I already watched Transformers (in July in Croatia's Pula movie festival) and I really liked it. I like all the action! :P

Yesterday I ate (DAY 11):
- 1 orange, walnuts
- 1 banana, 1 orange, 5 dried apricots, walnuts
- 1 banana, 1 orange, dried coconut
- salad (tomato, cucumber, carrot, lettuce, OO+ balsamic vinegar)
- dried apricots, walnuts, the rest of the salad
- 1 apple, 1 banana, walnuts
- 1 dcl OJ + 1 egg yolk

DAY 12 (one part):
- 2 kiwi, 1 banana, walnuts
- 2,5 dcl OJ + 1 tbsp OO
- dried figs (yummy :P; 50 g ) + walnuts
- salad (1 tomato, cucumber, 1 small carrot, lettuce, OO + balsamic vinegar)

HOW LONG DOES THE SKIN TAKE TO COMPLETELY CLEARS UP (with severe acne) ?? :oops:
Christina

Post by Christina »

Maya, I've been on the diet for 3 months and 10 days. I keep changing things around to see what works best for me. The positive results I have already are really good digestion without fiber supplements or having to drink lots. My period is regular since I started. It used to be off by one or two weeks before. I'm in a good mood and don't have cravings. So I never overeat anymore. The only thing I'm still working on is the weight. I used to have acne when I was around 20 and it was so hard to live with!! So I absolutely understand how much you want this to go away. Stay on the diet. For some it takes longer. If I was you, I would try having only fresh fruit and fruit juices with oliveoil, cucumber tomato salad with lemon juice, one avo and oliveoil and fish/yolks. No nuts, dried fruit, other oils. And no honey. Just try that for 14 days and see. I've gone through lots of pages of the forum and many have seen results like that. I know it's strict. But it might really work better. You might have been still eating sth. that your body reacts neg. to. Some are more sensitive than others to toxins in foods.
You can do it! :wink:
Christina
Maya

Post by Maya »

Cfristina, thank you for this good advice! :D It might be really efective to try without nuts and dried fruit. So, after eating a piece(s) of fruit, I drink some olive oil? This is really yuckie. :( How do you do it?

Day 12 (part 2):
- dried figs, walnuts, the rest of the salad
- 1 dcl OJ + 2 egg yolks

Today I went to the grocery with my mum and now I have a fresh suply of kiwi, apples (my favourite Granny Smith :P ), oranges, mandarines, bananas and ONE FRESH COCONUT! :lol: I'm so excited! When I shake it, I hear all the coconut water/milk inside! :lol: But how do I open this? :wink:
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I do it kind of like this:

http://www.rawguru.com/html/openyoungcoconut.html

but I end up cutting it in half after I get the top open and our the water out, then I scoop out the meat with a metal spoon.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I just pour 1/2-1 tablesp. of oliveoil over the piece of fruit or into my orange juice. If you have good oliveoil it doesn't taste too strong.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Ok, so the coconut. If you don't have a huge knife to slash the thing you need a screw driver and a hammer and maybe someone to hold it. hammer holes into the three round spots on the top of the coconut. Then you can pour out the juice. Then you can try and through it on concrete pavement and see if it cracks. If not then find a big stone and have a guy crack it open. :P
rischott

Post by rischott »

Maya

Post by Maya »

Thanks everybody for the advices on how to break a coconut shell. :D I also did a little research and found out that the easiest way is to get the milk through one of the three round spots (like Christina said; I read that two of these spots are actually hard and only one will break with the tip of a knife as is covered only with thin skin). After you extract the milk, you open the coconut with a hammer.
Today is day 13 on this diet. When I woke up this morning I noticed that my skin got worse over the night. :( And yesterday I ate a lot of dried figs. So this could be the reason? :oops: So I guess it would be better not to eat them anymore (althouhg I like them so much); and also avoid other dried fruits for now. I am also trying not to eat nuts (walnuts), but is really hard. The walnuts are delicious and it is really hard for me to eat every single fruit with olive oil. In the morning I ate one small apple and then one tsp od OO. That went ok. But later I ate one huge apple and so I swallowed 1 TBSP of OO and almost puked. Honestly! :x :oops: So, maybe my problem are really dried fruits (I ate a lot of figs yesterday and my skin has gotten worse over the night) and not the nuts. I only eat WALNUTS which I unshell them by myself and they are 100% pure as we have a hazelnut tree at home. BUT, I was thinking: maybe I should try WITHOUT the nuts (and dried fruit obviously) for a few days and than see what happens - will I see the results quickly? My skin is improving (slowly, but improving) and all of the fruits and vegetables are really helping my skin, but maybe the dried fruits and nuts are interfering with my progress? :evil: Plus, maybe it wouldn't be so hard (without nuts/dried fruit) as I can eat a peace of fresh coconut after consuming fruit :?: Is it also ok to eat a peace of fruit and then drink a sip (or two) of the coconut milk/water (as my source of fat; instead of OO) :?: That would be really awsome!
Sorry for this long post and all the questions, but this is really bugging me! :?
Maya

Post by Maya »

I made one mistake: I wanted to say that we have a WALNUT TREE at home (although we also have a hazelnut one - but it is really more like a bush)! :lol: