Maya's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Christina »

Orange juice is supposed to be better. But I'm sure it's fine if you have other juices like apple j., too. How about getting lots of bananas and eating those with olive oil and get some 100% sure sun dried fruit like rainins and add a Tablesp. full to each banana meal (not too much). Just have that several times per day. The dried fruit might just help stop the hunger for nuts. :wink: You should be satisfied like that.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I meant raisins :?
Maya

Post by Maya »

Thanks Christina. I'll try alternating between apple and orange juice. And I'll find really sun-dried fruit. Bye nuts! :P
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It is possible to do the diet without either nuts or dried fruits. I know it isn't easy in the beginning, but take small steps and keep going. Your body can't do magic (unfortunately), so it has to adjust things slowly.

There have been some people on the board giving their experiences with Ro-Accutane, for instance Gavriel: http://www.acneboard.com/forum/viewtopi ... light=acne
Maya

Post by Maya »

Omg, what an awful story! :shock:

So, today was the day without nuts. :P
I ate:
- sliced banana and kiwi coverd with 1 tbsp OO and 1 tsp honey
- 3 mandarins, a few bites of the salad
- 1 mandarin, salad (tomato, carrot, 1/2 cucumber, lettuce, parsley, OO and apple cider vinegar)
- made 6 dcl apple juice with OO (also added juice of one lemon)
- banana (sliced) with OO & honey
- fruit salad ( 1/2 apple, 1/2 banana, 1 kiwi) + 1 tbsp OO and juice of 1/2 orange
- juice of 1/2 orange + 1 egg yolk

My plan for the future (tommorow :P ): to start exercising. I read how good this is for the skin - by exercising your body gets rid of the toxins. Would working on Orbitrec elliptical trainer be ok? How many times a week? :roll:
Maya

Post by Maya »

I knew I forgot something. There was a nother meal. Banana and mandarin with a few bites of the salad. :P
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Maya, Wai recommends walking for weighloss but I saw on the forum that bicycling is just as good. So I guess the eliptical machine is fine. If you want to lose weight it's recommended to go at a pace where you can comfortably have a conversation but to do it for 1 or 2 hours. When I go on the spinning bike for an hour, I go at a pace that doesn't get me out of breath but still breaks a sweat. I like how my skin looks after sweating. I hope you're staying strong on the diet. I've felt so discouraged several times but somehow stuck with it. It takes strength not to fall off, when the results haven't really set in yet. :wink:
Maya

Post by Maya »

Christina, I'm definitely staying strong on the diet. Skin is getting better...

My food from the last 2 days:

DAY 25: November 8
- fruit salad: 1/2 apple, 1/2 pear, 1/2 banana, 1 kiwi, juice of 1/2 orange, OO
- fruit salad: 1/2 pear, 1/2 apple, juice of 1/2 orange, OO
- salad (1 carrot, 1/2 cucumber, 1 tomato, lettuce, OO + apple cider vinegar, fresh parsley)
- 1 apple + the rest ofthe salad
- fruit salad: 1 apple, 1 banana, juice of 1/2 orange, OO
- fruit salad: 1 apple, 1/2 banana, a bit of honey, OO
- juice of 1/2 orange, 2 egg yolks

DAY 26: November 9
- fruit salad: 1 apple, 1 kiwi, 1/2 banana, juice of 1/2 orange, OO
- fruit juice: apple, carrot, OO (6 dcl)
- 2 mandarins, 1/3 salad (as usuall)
- 2 mandarins, 1/3 salad
- 2 mandarins, banana, the last third of my salad
- fruit salad: banana, kiwi, 1/2 apple, OO, juice of 1/2 orange
- 3 mandarins, banana, tomato with OO & a.c.vinegar
- 1 tsp honey, 1 tsp OO
- juice of 1/2 orange with 2 yolks

I have a QUESTION: can I drink tea?? Chamomile, green tea, mint, sage, nettle etc.? Is it allowed? It would really feel good to drink something warm now that it's becoming really cold... :roll: Some of these herbs have also cleansing properties.

I have a lot of energy. Yesterday I was baking for about 4 hours. :P I made a cheesecake, biscuits from egg whites and sugar (added also some coconut flour), pastry called "Gradmother's goodness" and gingerbread. Today I made something non-sweet: bread with crushed rosemary and garlic mixed with OO and sunflower oil "topping". Everything smelled soooo good and I got a lot of compliments. :D But didn't try a thing! Scouts honour! :P
Maya

Post by Maya »

Is it allowed to have garlic/onion in the salad?
Plus another question about fish... could you eat fresh fish (salmon/a variety of cod) from the fish market, but lightly baked in the oven (with OO, lemon juice, fresh herbs)? :oops: Just asking. :P
Christina

Post by Christina »

No tea, baked salmon, onion, garlic etc. on the sample diet. Sorry. You just need to stay very strict until your skin is clear. Then you can slowly reintroduce other foods and see if you break out again.
Try marinating your salmon or tuna in lemon juice for an hour or more before eating it. It's yummy with avocado, tomato, oo and apple cider v..
Try just warm volvic water for the warmth. And snuggle up in a cozy blanket :wink: . How can you cook so much stuff? Isn't that playing with fire. I mean it's tempting to have so much unhealthy addicting food around. Especially at the beginning of breaking the addiction. For me it's best to not have one processed food in the house and to never enter those isles in the supermarket either. Although it hardly tempts me anymore.
Maya

Post by Maya »

I love baking and when doing it I didn't crave any of the food. I just enjoyed the smell. :P And I made it for everyone in the house, they won't eat it all in one day, the gingerbread will last longer.
I can't find Volvic water in my country and I never heard before of eating raw fish so I'm really sceptical about it.... :? What's the taste? And you just buy the fish at a fish market?
I'll stay strict until my skin heals completely.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Just get good spring water that is low in minerals.
I buy wild, unfrozen/fresh tuna or salmon at the health food store. I'm used to it, have been eating it for years now. Raw fish is very common in sushi and as sashimi. Which country do you live in?
Maya

Post by Maya »

Christina, I'm from Slovenia. :wink:
Maya

Post by Maya »

Hi! I didn't write a few days now...
My progress is VERY VISIBLE! My skin has really improved (although I ate twice tuna, but otherwise I am strict - still no nuts, just dried coconut), there are fewer bumps on my face, looks more clear, I'm not that red anymore and I feel great! I was really afraid that I would be one of those unfortunate ones who might didn't had such great results with this diet. But I guess it's really working!! I just hope it will get even better and ALL of it will slowly disappear! Plus my boyfriend told me I was becoming thiner! 8) I don't weight myself a lot, but will to see how much weight I've lost.
Today I am feeling not as good as I normally do, I've had headaches and sore throat so I made myself 1 L of sage tea (worked really well).
I will write my food diaries later.
Maya

Post by Maya »

I just woke up, feeling even worse. I'm cold, have a mild headache, blocked nose and sore throat. :( What should I do? I made myself another 1/2 L of sage tea- it helps me with my throat.
Plus, I've been craving a sandwich with mozzarella, lettuce and tomato. I there any way this will not leave any "damage"?