Maya's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Maya
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Maya's diary

Post by Maya »

Hi! Today is the end of my 3rd day on this diet. I started it to get rid of acne. My face is red and covered with pimples (especially my cheeks), I also have scars. My acne apper also on my back and chest.
So, I've took very seriously what I'm doing. On Saturday my mum and I went to the store and bought different kinds of fruit (bananas, oranges, apples, mandarines, pineapple, grapefruits, kiwi), tomates, cucumbers, avokades ( :? won't buy this any more), lettuce, carrots plus dried apricots, raisins and figs (yummy :D ), brazil nuts (only had those without shells) and pumpkin seeds. And also walnuts and hazelnuts (homemade :P ; unshelled them myself - with the help of my mum). So I prefer eating my WALNUTS because I think tey are more tastier and also I know they are 100% natural - so is it ok to eat these instead of Brazil nuts?
Soooo, I was pretty exited to start on Monday.

This was my diet for the last 3 days:

MONDAY, 15th October - day 1

- 2 apples, 1 brazil nut, a few walnuts
- fruit salad made from 1 banana, 1 kiwi, 2 mandarins + 1 brazil nut & walnuts
- 2 dried figs + 4 hazelnuts
- 2 bananas, walnuts + orange juice (made from 2 oranges; cca. 2 dcl) with one raw egg yolk
- salad: lettuce, 1 grated carrot, 2 tomatoes, 1/2 avocado, 1 1/2 cucumber + olive oil & balzamic vinegar & lemon juice (ate in 2 meals)
- 1 banana and walnuts

TUESDAY, 16th October - day 2

- 1 banana, 1 kiwi, 1 mandarin, 2 dried figs, walnuts
- 1 banana, walnuts
- 1/2 apple, 1 mandarin, 3 brazil nuts
- salad: 1 tomato, 1 cucumber, 1/3 avocado, 1 carrot, olive oil, walnut oil and apple vinegar (home-made) (ate this in two meals)
- 1 banana, 2 dried figs, walnuts
- 2 dcl orange juice + 1 yolk
- 1 mandarin, walnuts

WEDNESDAY, 17th October - day 3

- 1/2 pineapple, 1 brazil nut, walnuts
- fruit salad: 1 banana, 1 kiwi, 2 mandarines, walnuts
- 1 banana, 2 brazil nuts
- salad: 1/2 tomato, 1/2 cucumber, olive oil, walnut oil and apple vinegar
- 3 dcl grapefruit juice + 1 tbsp oilve oil
- 1 banana, 3 dried figs, walnuts
- 2 mandarines, 1 dcl orange juice + 1 yolk

Do I eat enough? I am a 20-year old girl.

I drink water each day (as I did before), but I feel I don't need as much because already fruit and vegetable contain a lot of water.

FACIAL CARE: I use water to clean my face and baby gel for removing my face powder. To moisturize I use organic cold-pressed walnut oil, which I love (but on the bottle is says 38 mf of vitamin E; how is this posssible?? shouldn't contain only 3 mg?).

In this 3 days I didn't noticed any significent change in my skin, but I know it is a bit soon (especially because I have moderate/severe acne).
I feel fine (actually expected to feel less ok) and not fell hungry that much; sometimes I wish I could have a slice of bread or tuna or a little of chocolate (mum brought this new one with caramel yummy yummy), but I know I can't ruin everything. So I am quite proud of myself! :P

And now it is time to go to bed (is already 23:13) and let day 4 begin. :wink:
Maya

Post by Maya »

Today I woke up around 8.30 and I just had breakfast; fruit salad (banana, mandarine and kiwi) with HONEY! Mhhmm it was good (I love honey). Then I followed with a few walnuts. In about an hour I have to go to school, so I'll be making some apple juice to go. Do I have to add oil in it (like in OJ?)?
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Maya
Yes, you definitely need to add some oil. I ususally add 1 teasp. per cup or 1 Tablesp. per quart of juice.
Does your balsamic vinegar contain garlic or salt. That wouldn't be allowed. Try apple cider vinegar in your salad sauce.
If the results don't start within a few days, I would reduce the nuts and have the majority of the fruit with oliveoil.
Lucky you, to start this healthy diet at 20 :D !
Christina
Maya

Post by Maya »

I checked and balsamic vinegar doesn't contain neither salt or garlic. But I prefer apple cider vinegar.
So, this were my meals today:
- fruit salad (banana, mandarin, kiwi) with honey; walnuts
- grapefruit juice (2dlc), 2 dried figs, walnuts
- salad (lettuce, carrot, tomato, 1/2 cucumber)
- fruit salad (banana, mandarin, a few peaces of pineapple), honey, crushed walnuts
- the rest of my salad (vegetable)

Later I will also have orange juice with 2 egg yolks (for the last 3 days I only took one yok per day for my body to adapt to the bacteria in fresh egg yolks). Is it ok to have egg yolks (with OJ) a little late, like 9 or 10 pm?

That's it for now. I'm off to watching Heroes!!
:D
And let me say just one more thing: I think this diet is really not that hard to mantain. I like it! And I am looking forward of the results.... I know I have to give it time.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I put your day 3 in the nutrient calculator (had to guess some amounts) and you're getting around 1900kcal, so that could be right.
Don't eat the brazil nuts if they're not shelled by you, stick with yolks/fish.
Like Christina mentioned, if no results are showing after some days, substitute all nuts with oil.

Having the egg yolks late is fine. Basically any time of day is fine, just as long as you're not too active afterwards, for an hour or so.

Other than that I think you're doing great. :)
Maya

Post by Maya »

Hello!
Just got back from school! I'm happy that the weekend is here, so I will have even more time for this diet. I am a bit worried about a few things:

- I was looking in the mirror and it seems to me that my skin has improved somewhat, but I am worried - what if I will not be able to clear my face - can this happen?? is it possible taht after 14 days there is no improvement; I know I am just stating my 5TH DAY and don't want to be freeking out or something.... :( For now I just noticed that my face is not covered with so many bumps as it used to. I also noticed that from Monday (when I started) I didn't get a lot of new pimples (a few yes), but that could also be the sign that all the dirt is coming out and my skin will start clearing up in the 2nd week. But my face is still red, I also have a lot of scars and marks from previous pimples... I KNOW I have to give my skin more time (I read somewhere that it takes about 5 days for the food to reach the skin; is this possible??) - but I am so exited of seeing the results of my hard work :lol: !

- Then there is a nut issue. I don't know how much a day do I need. I usually eat a few walnuts after every time I eat fruit (I don't really measure anything). But how many do I need to eat (in grams)? And I decided to eat only walnuts and hazelnuts (for which I know for sure they are 100% natural) and stop with Brazil nuts. Also, I am not really sure about this new dried figs (which I just got), for it seems to me like they are really sweet... :roll: on the label it just said no preservative. So, for now I'll substitute them for raisans or try to find sun-dried figs (they were out of those - went to look 2 times :evil: 8) )

- I have another question about egg yolks. Are they "responsible" for your skin to become more beautiful? Because the first 3 days I only ate 1 yolk/day, and yesterday I started with two egg yolks - so is it possible that just now my skin will improve more?

That's all for now; I wrote an awsome a lot. :lol:
I'll report in the evening today's meals.

Oh, just one more thing: can you belive that my cosmetician told me about this diet? :P
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Maya
Wow, your cosmetician. She must be a great person. The beauticians I used to go to had not an ounce of healthy diet ideas. I used to go when I was your age. I'm 28 now.
For now I think you just need to be patient. But remember to do the strict sample diet for the first two weeks. I recall that it says to have fresh fruit, so I'm not sure if you should wait with the dried fruit and it says oliveoil, avocados, fish, egg yolk, cucumber, tomato.It doesn't say lettuce or nuts. Maybe, try the really stict version for the 2 weeks. It also doesn't say sugar or honey.
I would make lots of juice with oo to take to school instead of nuts and dried fruit.
I know it seems tough but it might be really worth it for the first weeks.
:wink:
Christina
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What Christina says is right. The stricter the better, certainly for those two weeks. Sugar isn't a problem, as long as it's table sugar (white sugar).
I don't want to be a party-pooper, but whenever you transgress (so to speak) you're back to day 1...so because of the brazil nuts you're a bit behind... ;)
Also, two weeks is just an indication, because most people get an definite improvement after two weeks. Some people are completely clear, some (most?) are not. Some people take a year to be utterly free of acne, although what's left after a while are just very small bumps. Getting rid of scars is individual. They can totally disappear or stay visible.

About dried fruit: yeah either try to find real sundried fruits, or skip them altogether (the latter option is the safest). Some people have trouble handling the relatively high amount of fiber, so it could have an effect on the acne.

How did your cosmetician know about the diet?
Maya

Post by Maya »

First, this was my food yesterday (19 October - Day 5):
- banana, 2 mandarines, walnuts
- OJ (3 dcl) + OO
- fruit salad: banana, apple, honey, ground walnuts, a bit of OJ
- 2 mandarines, 1 tbsp walnut oil
- salad: tomato & cucumber + few pieces of avocado (with OO and apple vinegar)
- 2 mandarines, 2 dried apricots, raisins and walnuts
- 1 mandarine, walnuts
- OJ (2 dcl) + 2 yolks

In think I see some improvement in my skin.
8) Something definitely IS changing. I am looking forward of seeing more progress... :P The first days my back was poping with whiteheads, now my back is becoming more pretty... :P Hope same will happen with my face!
The sample diet also includes nuts! But I excluded Brazil nuts, continue eating walnuts (and hazelnuts), ut will also have more fruit juices (apple, orange, carrot; with OO), also because it is the simplest way of taking the food with me (to school/university).
I was going to the cosmetician for laser IPL treatments which is really successful with all kinds of acne (also reduces scars to almost perfect skin!), but after some time she told me that the treatments don't have the efect they usually have (like in so many others) and recomended to stop eating meat, sugar... and then came to this diet (I will ask her how come she knows about it...) - and I am really grateful.
:D With my other cosmetician (which I was going a few years ago) we were eating bombons during treatments... :roll:
Maya

Post by Maya »

Yesterday I also made ROSEWATER! :D :lol: :P
From this recipe: http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/rose_water
Christina

Post by Christina »

I think you are talking of the Wai diet not the sample diet. I couldn't find nuts in it and copied it for you.

Acne Sample Diet
The Acne Sample Diet is an elimination diet, to cure acne. Since most food contains substances which can cause acne, it is imperative to have a restrictive diet without those foods.

This diet should be kept on until the skin is totally clean. The rules (see below) have to be followed strictly, eating only the foods which are on the diet.

A two week period is usually required to see an improvement in skin complexion. During this period the acne may seem to get worse, as all the pus still trapped in the skin can now surface. This is part of the healing process. If food is consumed which is not on the diet, or if a rule is broken, this two week period starts over again, as well as the total process of cleaning the skin.

The Diet

fresh fruits
olive oil
an avocado/tomato/cucumber salad
raw fish/egg yolks
Ad 1) Can be eaten as much as needed. Make sure they are ripe.
Ad 2) Has to be extra virgin (cold pressed).
Ad 3) Any combination of these three (culinary) fruits is fine, use (extra virgin) olive oil as dressing. A little bit of chives and/or lemon juice can be used for taste.
Ad 4) Fish has to be fresh, unfrozen; check for parasites before eating.
Eggs (preferably organic) have to be tested for freshness, and building bacteria tolerance has to be done slowly. Make sure to read [Fish and Eggs] for more information.

NB Sashimi in Japanese restaurants is not always completely raw, but salmon and tuna usually are.

These foods contain all required nutrients. Check any version of the 'Acne Sample Diet' by submitting it to the [nutrient calculator].
If that version is low in (a) certain nutrient(s), then it can be upgraded by consuming foods that are rich in that specific nutrient(s). Check [this list], which (for each nutrient) lists the foods that are the highest in those nutrients. The calcium contents will never meet the official requirements, because the official requirements are much higher than needed. [Supplements]

The rules

1) Do not eat anything which is not on the diet shown above. Even a pinch of salt, a drop of soy sauce, or a speck of wasabi can have serious consequences.

2) Combine sugars with fats, to prevent the blood sugar from fluctuating too much. For example: combine tomato/cucumber with avocado and/or use olive oil as a dressing. Other possibilities are to add olive oil to orange juice or a fruit salad. A rough guideline is 1 gram of fat per 2 grams of carbs.

3) Eat small meals frequently. Cooked foods, wheat and dairy products always contain appetite enhancers [Cooking]. Foods included in this diet do not contain such substances, so one has to be careful to ingest enough energy, by adopting a different eating habit. Instead of eating just a few meals a day, eating much more often, like 8 or 9 times, ensures a steady energy intake throughout the day. If it’s still problematic to ingest enough energy, drink more juices (squeezed juices, or juices from the juice extractor) instead of whole fruits (the fiber in whole fruits inhibits appetite). On this diet it’s not that easy to overeat, but undereating happens sooner, and in time always has adverse effects (exhaustion, loss of muscle mass, depression).

4) Animal protein restriction.
For women: maximally 50 gram (1.8oz) raw fish OR 2 egg yolks a day.
For short men: maximally 60 gram (2.1oz) raw fish OR 3 egg yolks a day.
For tall men: maximally 100 gram (3.5oz) raw fish OR 5 egg yolks a day.
Redundant protein can easily increase the blood protein level, thus elevating the protein level in the true skin, making the skin temporarily retain more water and therefore pinching off sebum canals.

5) Always remain physically inactive for at least 1.5 hours after consuming fish or egg yolks.

6) If one has to eat the fruits, salad and fish/egg yolks close together, or even in one meal, first eat the fruits, then the salad and finally the fish/egg yolks, to prevent cramps/gasses/bloating.

7) Juices from pressed fruits (like orange juice) or from the juice extractor are perfectly fine to consume, but not shakes or smoothies made by the use of a blender/mixer (especially when mixing/blending banana). The high rotations speed of the knives in the blender/mixer originates substances which can cause acne.

8) Don’t use supplements, because supplements contain ingredients that can cause acne (like gelatin). This diet abundantly supplies all required nutrients.

9) While on the Acne Sample Diet one cannot use any topical or hormonal treatment (like Murrad, Differin, etc), because any of these can aggravate acne.
No antibiotics can be taken during the Acne Sample Diet, and/or at least two weeks prior to starting it. Antibiotics weaken the defense system, which can be dangerous when starting to eat raw egg yolks or raw fish.

10) Don’t use any moisturizer. Moisturizers contain chemicals that attract water. These chemicals are absorbed by the skin, which could lead to increased water pressure in the true skin, resulting in the pinching off of sebum canals. Combined with a high sebum production this will cause acne.
To protect the outer skin from dehydration, one should instead use a fingertip of oil and spread that all over the (still moist) face, directly after cleaning it with water (see rule #11) or a mild cleansing lotion. The oil to use has to be low in vitamin E. [more]
In some women however, the skin does not react well to oil, so starting carefully with a part of the face is advised. If this does not cause any 'sandy bumps' within a week, it can be safely applied to the whole face.

11) Do not clean the face with tap water, but with bottled low-mineral water (like Volvic, El Dorado or Montcalm). Chemicals in tap water can trigger allergic-like reactions that cause tallow canals to be pinched off. Excessive chloride and other minerals in tap water dehydrate the skin, thus causing dry flaky patches on the face. A plant sprayer filled with low-mineral bottled water can be used to spray the water on the face.
Use the same low-mineral water for drinking water, if needed.

Questions and problems can be addressed on the forum [WaiTalk.com]. To facilitate the analysis of a problem, it helps to keep an accurate journal. This journal should contain information about the kind and amount of the consumed foods, as well as the condition of the skin.

After the acne has gone
Once the skin is totally clean, what then? To return to the previous eating habits would only mean the return of acne. There are basically two options:

Continue on The Wai Diet [The Wai Diet]
Start experimenting with adding food items which are not on the Acne Sample Diet
Ad 1) The Wai Diet is what we consider to be the optimal diet for health (and acne). Essentially it is the same as the Acne Sample Diet, except it is a bit less strict. How strict it will be for ex-acne patients depends on the sensitivity of their skin.

Ad 2) The prepared foods which are the least likely to cause acne, are the ones which contain the least ‘dirty’ protein, and contain few spices. These are the ones to start the experimenting with.

[BACK]

© 2000-2007 Copyright Artists Cooperative Groove Union U.A.
Maya

Post by Maya »

Hi, Christina. I got this diet rules:

The rules

1) As a woman you should consume 2 egg yolks OR maximally 50 gram fresh raw fish a day.

If you are a tall man you should maximally consume 100 gram (3.5oz.) fresh raw fish OR 5 egg yolks a day. If you are a relatively short man, 60 gram (or 3 egg yolks) is the right amount.

This because redundant protein can easily increase the blood-protein level, since blood protein level can fluctuate very much; from 100% (alanine) up to 900% (cystine). A too high blood protein level can elevate the protein level in the true skin, making the skin temporarily retain more water, pinching off sebum canals.

2) You should remain physically inactive for at least 1.5 hours after every time you have consumed some fresh raw fish or -egg yolk.

3) You should always combine sugars with fats. So, when you eat dried fruits, you should eat some [b]Brazil nuts or macadamia nuts[/b] as well (only if shelled by hand) And if you eat a cucumber-tomato-salad, you should eat some avocado as well. Or you could just simply always combine sugars with cold-pressed olive oil, which combines well with virtually anything. Olive oil, for example, can also perfectly be added to orange juice.
All the above to stabilize the blood sugar level. (as a guideline: roughly 1 gram fat for every 2 grams carbs; check this list)

4) If you want to eat the fruits, salad and sashimi in one meal; first eat the fruits, then the salad and finally the sashimi, to prevent cramps / gasses / bloating.

5) Juices from pressed fruits (like orange juice) or from the juice extractor are perfectly fine to consume, but not shakes that you make by the use of a blender / mixer (especially when mixing / blending banana).
This because the high rotation speed of the knives in the blender / mixer originates 'dirty protein'.

6) With this diet, you cannot eat only a few meals a day, but, instead, you need to eat much more often; at least something like 9 meals a day...
If you don't, you will under-eat, which always has adverse effects eventually (exhaustion, loss of muscle weight, depression)
The reason lays in the fact that cooked foods, wheat- and diary products always contain appetite enhancers (beta-carbolines, opioid peptides), and that the foods that are included in this diet, do not contain such substances, so that you likely ingest too little energy if you don't adapt your eating habits properly.
If you have problems ingesting enough energy, you should drink more juices (pressed juices, or juices from the juice extractor) instead of whole fruits (the fiber in whole fruits inhibits your appetite)

7) While on this sample diet you cannot use any topical or hormonal treatment (no Murrad, no Differin etc.), because any of these can also aggravate acne. (Browse through the archives of on-line acne discussion boards).
You should be off all antibiotics during two weeks before you can start with the sample diet. This because antibiotics weaken your defense system, which can be dangerous when you are going to eat fresh raw egg yolks or fresh raw fish.

8) During these two weeks you cannot use any moisturizer. Moisturizers contain chemicals that are absorbed in your skin to attract water, which may lead to an increased water-pressure in the true skin, which pinches off sebum canals, causing acne if also much sebum is produced. To protect your outer skin from dehydration you instead should use a fingertip of oil (that is low in vitamin E, since vit. E accelerates shedding of the skin; NO olive oil etc.) and spread that all over your face (that is still a bit moist) after you have cleaned it with a mild cleansing lotion.
In some women however, the skin reacts not good to the oil, so please start carefully, with one part of the face first. And if that does not cause any 'sandy bumps' within a week, then you can apply it to the whole face.

9) Don't clean your face with tap water, but with low-mineral bottled water (like Volvic, El Dorado or Montcalm). Chemicals in tap water can trigger allergic-like reactions that cause tallow canals to be pinched off. Excessive chloride and other minerals in tap water dehydrate the skin, thus causing dry flaky patches on the face. You don't need to buy a special water sprayer for your face; you can use a plant sprayer filled with low-mineral bottled water, of course.
Use the same low mineral water if you want to drink water.

10) You cannot take any supplement while on this diet, because all supplements contain ingredients that can cause acne (like gelatin). This diet abundantly supplies you with all required nutrients. (but if you are a vegan, you have no other choice than to take supplementary B12 anyway)

11) The rules are there to exclude all other possible causes (except for stress of course). Breaking a rule is no disaster, but if only you break one rule during these two weeks, you need to start from day one again.

12) You best keep a journal during these two weeks, regarding what you eat and the condition of your skin, so that an analysis can be made in case things are not according to expectations.

After those two weeks the results will be very clear (if you stick to the rules of course), and you will be 100% sure that the diet works for you too.

So I thought nuts are allowed. :oops:
But I think I will continue with my diet as there is noticeble that SOMETHING is happening, that my skin is SLOWLY improving. :P I hope I'm not mistaken here. :wink:

This was my diet today: 20 October - DAY 6
- fruit salad (banana, kiwi, mandarin, a bit of honey and crusched walnuts)
- banana, mandarin, walnuts
- salad made from one tomato and one cucumber with a juice of one lime and OO
- raisins and walnuts
- one cut banana, "sprinkled" with honey and crusched walnuts :lol: & OJ (made from 2 oranges = 2 dcl) with 2 egg yolks
- 1 banana, 1 mandarin, 2 prunes, 1 dried fig + walnuts

Today I watched The cronichles of Narnia! :D And now off to bed. Nighty. ;D
Christina

Post by Christina »

I love the chronicles of narnia!!
Sorry, I didn't mean to be overbearing. Just wanted you to know all the aspects. But you're right, it says that your plan gets you clear. I'm also still learning. I'm happy for your success! :D
Christina
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Christina posted the new version, Maya has the old version of the Acne Sample Diet. We just changed it a few days ago. ;)
Maya

Post by Maya »

Christina, I love them too! :D About two weeks ago I was in Italy and bought the book which contains all seven Narnia books (in one volume and in Italian 8) ).
About the diet: I didn't know there was a new version, but am definitely happy to know as much as I can. So, thanks Christina. :wink: Maybe in some nuts are a problem.

Although I went on this diet to get rid of acne, I just weighted myslef this morning and found out I lost 2 kg. Yeeey! :P I'm not overweighted, but would really feel good, to lose a few kgs. :P