Christina's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Christina's diary

Post by Christina »

I'm still going strong on this diet. I've lost a couple of pounds and then gained them back. :? I've had some amazing positive results on the diet that keep me going despite the 15 or so lbs that I haven't lost although on the diet for almost 4 months. 3 out of which 100% and 1 in the beginning 99%. So my benefits are a regular menstruation for the last 3 times which I haven't had in a long time. Then I have good digestion which I had to bring on with fiber supplements, tons of warm water etc. before. And I haven't overeaten or had cravings since starting this which I always had because diets would leave me deprived. These are huge benefits but sometimes I could just cry because I cannot get into my sexiest skirts and jeans by one or two sizes. And I am walking or cycling two hours every f...ing day :x So, since nobody has really written back on the overweight forum, I decided to try my luck for support here.
This is what I've been eating in average
1 small banana and 1 small persimmon with 2 yolks
1 quart of orange juice with 2-3 tablesp. olive oil divided into 10 portions
2x 1 persimmon with 1/2 tablesp. oliveoil
2x small bowl cucumber, tomato, avocado with sometimes 1-2 oz tuna, apple cider vinegar and 1 T. oo each
1 banana with 1 yolk
Is this too much protein to lose weight?
RRM and Sula always recommend small amounts often to lose weight. Do they mean just three slices of banana or 3 sips of orange juice at a time or more? Maybe I shouldn't have a small bowl of salad at a time, but only 4 bites of it spread out?
I've been doing the two hours of walking but stepped it up a notch, walking brisk while still easily able to have a conversation.(but not power walking, slower than that)
I also do 5-10 min. of pilates stomach exercises and 30 squats per day which has toned my midsection and thighs more. That got rid of some of the soft look. But I need to lose the weight to see a real difference. I hope to figure out the right balance to make it happen. I'd be happy to have some suggestions. I am 5'8" and 150 lbs.
Christina
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

As far as I know, losing weight doesn't depend on the amount of protein consumed, only on the amount of calories/energy.
The amount of protein is only important for people on the Acne Sample Diet.

A smaller meal would be like a banana with an apple and OO, or one avocado and a few cherry tomatoes, or even better one sip of OJ. The smaller the meal (or sip), the better energy regulation possibilities.

It looks like you're getting enough fat, and the amount of protein seems enough with the tuna, but maybe not quite enough without. I'd say you could eat 5-6 egg yolks, or 4oz fish, or a combination amounting to 100-150gr ~ 3.5-5oz (how much exactly depends on you).

Maybe you could experiment with leaving out the apple cider vinegar. I've used it for a while, but I feel I'm better off without. Maybe there's still some heated protein in it?

Hope this helps...
Christina

Post by Christina »

My apple cider vinegar is 100% raw. I live close to the manufacturer and met them. :wink: But I only add 1 teaspoon per salad.

Yesterday I had
1/2 liter oj+ 1 T.oo
1banana +1/2 T.oo
4oz fish with 1 avo, 1 small cucumber, 1 tomato, 1 teasp. oo, acv
1banana +2 yolks
1avocado +cucumber, tom, 1 t. oo,acv
1banana + yolk
1 banana + yolk

I did the math and it's betw. 1600 and 1700 kcal. If it's actually kcal that matter in losing weight, Oscar, then I found out that I need to eat 1500 per day to lose 1 lb per week.
Avocado has the most calories, so I will cut one again, as I have before and I'll count kcal to make it at 1500.
Could so many bananas be fattening?
Maybe drinking more volvic will take off more weight.
I think I don't feel as good in the morning when I eat heavy food like banana with yolk the night before.
If I don't have acne, is it ok to drink green veggie juices like celery, cucumber?
As you can see my choice of fruits is low on friday since saturday is big farmer's market day, when I cart tons of fresh goodies home. :D
Christina

Post by Christina »

I keep rereading the overweight section in the book and the forums and I don't understand why I'm not losing. Wai always says that it's a given, to lose weight if you do the diet 100%. And she says to not count calories. But it's not working for me. Is it normal not to see results until many months into the diet? So, what's really effective for weightloss, cutting calories? Where are all the girls in this forum who have had weight loss success.
In the beginning of the diet I must have had 2000 kcal or more because I didn't even measure the oliveoil and now I'm around 1600 with measuring but I guess I need to have even less.
When Wai talks about models who eat fruit and salad and sashimi. Maybe they eat a couple of fruit in the morning, a salad for lunch and sashimi for dinner which is more like 1000 or 1200 kcal or less.
I'm sure I'd lose weight if I ate like that. But it makes me crave foods more, too, which is scary. Overeating is unhealthy, too.
Have some people never had success with losing weight on this diet even if 100%. Because maybe I'm one of them. or does it happen later for some?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

1600 or 1700 calories sounds like way too little for someone of your size and level of activity. I think it should be more around 2200 or so. Still kinda weird you're not losing weight, but maybe your body is holding on to the fat it has because of the lack of energy. You could try to drink some more OJ and/or add some sugar.
Christina

Post by Christina »

No offence Oscar but I would NEVER add sugar!!!! And I was eating over 2000 kcal for the first three months on the diet.
I mean :oops: , I really appreciate you writing back, but I might have to tweak the diet to make it work for me. I'll keep up about 1600 kcal, but will try a more paleo approach. Less fruit, more fish and yolks and green veggie juices. If it fails :? I'll be back and I'll report here. :)
Let's see how long that resolve lasts, since fruit are so yummy.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Christina wrote:When Wai talks about models who eat fruit and salad and sashimi. Maybe they eat a couple of fruit in the morning, a salad for lunch and sashimi for dinner which is more like 1000 or 1200 kcal or less.
Absolutely not. Its certainly not about undereating. Its about eating enough, but exactly enough, so that no new fat is added, and the old fat will be used anyway.
Have some people never had success with losing weight on this diet even if 100%.
No.
Because maybe I'm one of them. or does it happen later for some?
For some it takes longer to get in tune with how much energy they need exactly. Sometimes it also takes time to start eating much more frequent, much smaller meals.
Give yourself time. You need it.
The key to success for you is to get in touch with your energy levels. When you manage to be in touch your energy levels all the time, you can manage them, and thus also your fat reserves.
When you are in touch with your energy levels you dont need to think about when to eat, or how much, because you feel it.
With everything that you eat, try to establish how energetic you feel before it, and after, and how you feel after a while. Try to be aware whenever your blood enegry level goes down a bit, and how a few bits can change that. Its about listening and responding all the time that you can eventually manage your energy (and spare energy) levels.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Thanks, RRM, ok I will start paying attention and writing down how I feel energywise after meals. And I'll give it more time. If everyone lost weight, then I will eventually, too. 8)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No need to get worked up about sugar... ;)
Christina

Post by Christina »

8) oh good, I think I'm stopping to anger :x perspire at last. :P