Biev's journal (with pictures)

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Biev wrote:Heh... still low on calcium and zinc.
Forget about trying to get to the RDA of calcium, that RDA is far too high. Other RDAs might be too high too, so just use them as a guideline.

Apparently women's periods can improve by eating more egg yolks the week before. There has been a thread about this. Most women on this diet get more regular and less painful periods anyway. :)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Thanks for the tip : )

I don't worry about meeting the exact RDA, but I try to make sure I'm not more than halfway under anything. If that makes sense...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Makes good sense to me. Actually for me calcium, zinc and iodide are under halfway.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Particularly regarding minerals and trace elements the body readily increases the absorption rate up to 10-fold, so that even if your intake for specific minerals would be less than 20% of the RDA, your body can still compensate for that (by increasing the absorption rate).
Biev

Post by Biev »

Thanks, that's good to know : )

Day ten

ImageImage

Acne : Still good. I'm not sure if I should continue to take pictures or not, since there hasn't been a change in a while. (That's a scar on my eyebrow, not a pimple, if you were wondering.)

Sleep : About 8 hours. Look at that, I look awake today!

Mood : I didn't eat often enough and it pretty much ruined my day. I was in such a good mood when I woke up but I got too absorbed in my work. Everything was going so well and then my energy dropped and I started messing everything up, and my mood became terrible. This diet really requires a whole new kind of discipline.

Weight : 120 lbs

Food :
- orange juice with sugar and oil, 1 egg yolk
- 3 bananas, figs, hazelnuts, raisins, 1 kiwi
- 1 tomato, 1 avocado, olive oil, chives

Now that I'm used to the diet I don't think about it so much, so it's harder to remember exactly how much of everything I ate...
Biev

Post by Biev »

Day eleven

ImageImage

Acne : Still good.

Sleep : I have to wake up often at night now, because my mattress keeps losing air. Excited kittens don't help either... So today I slept much longer, 11 hours in all. At least I feel well rested, even though half the day is shot.

Mood : Pretty good. A little stressed, not too bad. My social anxiety hasn't gotten any better, but I wasn't expecting to see a change in this little time. Hopefully if I can find a way to manage my stress better it will help with that, too. Also I might see a difference if I started going outside more... I pretty much just run in and out. Or rather, out then in : P

Weight : 118 lbs. It's funny, I've maintained the same weight since the beginning, but people are noticing that I've "lost weight" because my belly is nice and flat. It was always round before (just enough to make me embarrassed to wear short shirts). I wonder what exactly caused it? I also have more of a curve to my sides. Er, how do I explain it.... this thing ) . (

My body looks fantastic, quite frankly : )

Food : Ah, I forgot to write down what I ate today (-_-); I think I've pretty much got it down though. I eat about four fresh fruits mixed with a little bit of dried fruit and nuts, then I eat the salad and then either egg or fish, and I pretty much drink orange juice all day long. The oil and sugar really help, without it it was way too acid for my tastes. I'm making an effort to let my fruits get ripe, too. I'll have to overcome my aversion to really soft juicy things (-_-); I've always eaten my fruits still crunchy.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think there are still changes (improvements) visible every day, so please keep posting the pics. :)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Day twelve

Acne : I think it's amazing that I haven't had any new outbursts since the beginning. My skin isn't very dry anymore finally, it feels nice and soft : )

Sleep : Again, had to wake up often, so I slept for a really long time and took a long time to feel fully awake. ...Whoa, I just remembered as I wrote this, that I had a dream that I met Wai and her husband in a restaurant o.O Weird!

Mood : Same as yesterday, I'm happy, even though I still feel nervous.

Weight : 118 lbs

Food :
- orange juice with sugar and oil
- 3 bananas, raisins, figs, hazelnuts
- 1 tomato, 1/2 avocado, olive oil, chives (I can't find a decent looking cucumber anywhere on this island >_<)
- 1 slice salmon sashimi... I'd ordered a lot more, but it smelled a bit odd (not bad, just something alerted me that it was different from usual) and tasted watery and the texture was wrong! I instantly regretted eating that first piece, and I threw the rest away. I didn't get sick. I'm thinking maybe it was frozen?

Now that I'm so close to the end of the strict diet, I'm really looking forward to some diversity, maybe just a tiny bit of rice or potatoes to eat with my egg yolks. Strangely enough I don't miss meat or wheat at all. Even when I cook my husband an egg & bacon breakfast, I'm content just to enjoy the smell of bacon, I don't feel like eating it. The only much food I would actually like to eat is rice, nori seaweed, potatoes, maybe some garlic or green onion. But it's not at all an overpowering need. Oh, except for olives. The only actual craving I've felt in nearly two weeks now was when I opened the fridge door and saw the jar of olives. (I've become my cat! She goes nuts for olives.)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Oscar wrote:I think there are still changes (improvements) visible every day, so please keep posting the pics. :)
I think I've lost the ones for day 12 and 13. That's what I get for not updating this journal fast enough (-_-); But, I can keep posting some from time to time after the two weeks, if you like (I'm really on day 17 right now).
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Looks like its going very well. Keep up the excellent work :thumbs-up:
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm sure that salmon sashimi was indeed frozen.
Sunkist

Post by Sunkist »

Your skin looks amazing!!! :shock: Obviously the diet is totally working for you!! :D

Big Congrats!!! 8)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Day 13 (lost the picture, sorry)

Acne : Still good : )

Sleep : I have to wake up more and more. Stupid bed. I stayed in bed a really long time but with all this waking up I don't feel rested at all. Being pounced by kittens didn't help. But, I should specify that I didn't get my fuzzy good sleepy feeling since I didn't have my fish last night.

Mood : Ups and downs... but that probably has to do with the emptiness of my fridge. I can't go grocery shopping until morning : c

Food :
- orange juice with sugar and oil
- banana, raisins, hazelnuts

That's all I had left. Note to self : buy a LOT of eggs.
Biev

Post by Biev »

Day 14

Acne : Two weeks! Image My skin still looks great. I took the obligatory smiley I've-reached-my-objective picture, but somehow it got corrupted when I uploaded it : c I'll have to take another one.

Sleep : I finally gave up on using that air mattress, and moved back to my awful uneven bed with the protruding springs. I couldn't sleep much and I'm aching everywhere. In the end I had to makeshift a bed using couch cushions and blankets. I stayed in bed for a really long time, so it must have compensated for all the waking up, because I don't feel tired today. I'm quite full of energy actually. I'm thinking it will hit tomorrow, though.

Mood : I feel great! I'm not particularly looking forward to the social event I have to go to tonight, but I'm not stressed about it either (a really good day by SAD standards). More importantly, these last two weeks, even despite the occasional off day, I've felt happier than I have been in...ages. I hope this continues.

Food :
- orange juice with sugar and oil, 3 egg yolks
- bananas, raisins, hazelnuts
- tomato, cucumber, olive oil, chives

And that completes my two weeks! Now the fun part starts, I get to experiment with munch foods. I don't plan on eating them very often, maybe once a week or so. I'm just so bored eating the same thing everyday. Before this diet, I always planned my meals so that I never ate the same thing twice in the same month.

Although I have to say, I really love this diet. It's easy, it tastes good, and it's satisfying. And, it works : )
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Congrats! :D