Biev's journal (with pictures)

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
thecalaquendi
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by thecalaquendi »

Welcome back to Montreal! I don't know what neighborhood you're in, but there's a great place to buy fruits and veges at really good prices on the East side of St-Laurent, between Roy and Duluth! (Though I doubt you're living in the Plateau on your budget)

The sun has been out all week! It's been so beautiful! I feel absolutely great, I hope you do too!

Take care,
Nick
Biev

Post by Biev »

Believe it or not, I'm living on the Plateau (at my dad's). I'll have to check this place out!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear from you again. :D
Biev

Post by Biev »

Since I don't have a camera anymore, I figured I'd post the only recent picture of me that I have. Obviously it's gonna be more flattering than my usual mugshots.

So as you can see, smooth skin and I don't look like the living dead anymore. But I've discovered I get small whiteheads when I drink milk. They disappear quick, but yeah... I should know better than to drink milk when offered, anyway (-_-)

Now for a nicer discovery : I'm nearing 30, and that means like other girls my age I've had that stupid extra chub on my upper arms... but I just noticed that that's almost disappeared. It's not like I've done any sort of work out, either. Cool : D
Biev

Post by Biev »

I have to share some frustration. All of my health problems seem to revolve around all the fluids in my body being freakishly acidic. It causes me urinary problems, sexual problems, and also teeth problems. Since I've started this diet I've stopped eating/drinking a lot of things that aggravated those problems (coffee, sour candy, drinks with lots of citric acid) but it's also made me realize I react very badly to anything sour. Anything citrusy gives me instant pain and I feel like I'm peeing straight acid for the rest of the day. Pineapple, kiwi and grape (with the skin) hurt my teeth so much I can't eat them at all either. Then apricots, apples are borderline.

It's just such a pain, guys. It's hard to find decent non-acidic fruits this time of year. I'm stuck eating bananas most of the time. I like bananas, but come on, I need other nutrients too... I've taken so many tests and the doctors never know what to say. Someone make me less acid... (T^T)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, that makes the diet a lot harder, indeed....
I think that your diet should be about nuts, fish, clams etc, yolks, coconut, avocado, banana, cucumber, tomatoes, dates, figs, mango, melons, olives, pears, prunes, sugary melons and watermelon...
?
Biev

Post by Biev »

That's pretty much it, yeah. I eat more (raw) vegetables each day, and I've found that I really need to take their nutrional value in consideration if I'm gonna be anywhere near the RDA for just about everything. I'm also trying to keep an eye on my weight (it's harder without the OJ+oil). I think my body looks fantastic right now, but I'm definitely on the skinny side and I don't want to be just skin and bones later!

When I need a small energy boost I have a spoonful of honey in hot water. I'm eating about three fruit salads, two or three vegetable salads and two or three yolks (usually over potatoes) in an average day. I feel like I couldn't possibly eat one more bite of fruits or veggies after that. I might try to add more yolks (or fish on the rare days I can afford it) and see how it feels and how my skin reacts, though.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nice pic :)

What about other kinds of juices?
Biev

Post by Biev »

Good idea. The thing is, I only have a citrus juicer. Heh, that thing won't have served me very long... I guess a different kind of juicer will be on my birthday list. (Along with a stick blender so I can make aioli and mayonnaise! Yay.)

I'm not 100% sure I could drink, say, straight apple juice and not feel sick from it being too sweet... but if apple-celery is okay, I might go with that... or some other type of less sweet fruit? Anyway, I'll ask for your suggestions once I get a juicer, I guess.

I'm getting really sick of eating my yolks over potatoes or rice. It's frustrating me that I can't find anything raw to eat them on. It can be so good once in a while but as an everyday thing it's just ... ugh. I wish I could afford sashimi every day instead (-_-)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I like the mug shots :wink:
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Biev

Post by Biev »

10 months now, still doing well, no change since last time really except it's summer and we get access to fresh fruit, yay.

I mostly wanted to drop by to say that I've decided I'm tired of being a graphic artist, and I think I'm going back to school (part time, it's all I can afford) to work as a nutritionist : )
Biev

Post by Biev »

Ah, I forgot to add. The other day, I made pork stew for some friends. I decided I was gonna taste it at least. I took a tiiiiny nibble out of that piece of meat, and immediately spit it out. It was revolting. I sure hope that was just my own aversion to meat and not my stew that was bad :lol:

I also used to eat cooked seafood as a munch food for a while, but now I'm finding it more and more gross, especially cooked shrimp. The only thing I ever eat cooked really, is rice, potatoes or (rarely) bread, cause I like to put my egg yolk on them.

Ah, since I know there are a few people here from Montreal (and the Plateau, even), does anyone know a good place to buy fish that is fresh enough to eat raw and where they don't lie about freezing it first?

Also if you have recommendations for not too expensive but tasty sushi places, please let me know. So far I have only been to Wakamono but they are terrible!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

:D
ellen

Post by ellen »

I just saw your pictures!

WOW!
I'm so jealous!
that's so great it worked so fast for you!

I'm not sure why I'm happy for a person i've never met before,
but what the hey!
it gives me hope i guesss ... :P