Welshie's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
welshie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by welshie »

Sunday 4th February

9:00 oj/2 yolk/oo
11:30 banana/oo
1:30 apple/oo
2:30 apple/oo
3:30 apple/oo
4:15 apple/oo
5:15 apple/oo
7:00 apple/oo
9:00 Quorn Lasagne
oj/oo throughout the evening

Well, I finally cracked. My intention was to just have apples for a couple of days as someone else had done to see if it would make any difference to my skin but as you can see it backfired :oops:
Again I spent hours thinking about what cheat food I could eat and last night I guess it got the better of me and the lasagne in the freezer seemed the best option.
The worse thing is I didn’t even enjoy it that much :roll: and had stomach pains after so I hope I learn from that and stay on the wagon, so to speak.
No improvement in my skin and a couple of new spots appeared on my forehead and cheek yesterday.
My period is due to start next week and have read that others have increased their yolk intake the week before so I have a couple of questions.
Is this advisable for me at this early stage?
Could I mix yolks/fish?
How much should I go up to?
Any other advice appreciated.
I do suffer with terrible cravings just before my period so I’m hoping my willpower is strong enough!
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

If you have good energy managment, you don't have food cravings :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
welshie

Post by welshie »

Tuesday 5th February

8:00 150ml oj/2 yolks
10:15 apple/oo
11:30 pear/oo
1:15 pear- a/c/t/oo salad
2:30 ½ apple- salad
4:45 ½ apple- salad
7:30 banana-salad

400ml/40g oo sipped throughout the day; also 2 litres of water.
Yet another couple of new spots today, so I’m not overly impressed :x
I’m going on a retreat for a couple of days but they’re very accommodating on the food front so all should be well.
No communication for a few days which might be hard as I find it quite therapeutic to look at the site regularly.
Bye for now! :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I put this last day in the nutrient calculator (I had to guess certain amounts, like 1 avocado, 0.5 cucumber, 1 tomato, 70ml OO), and the result is about 1600kcal, which is quite low. So it's not too surprising you lack energy. Basically you have to eat/drink more (and I'm not talking about water). Like Dionysus said, it's easier to ingest more energy with OJ (with or without added sugar), but you don't necessarily have to.

Lack of energy can also aggravate acne... :?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Sugar low's (as well as sugar spikes) can cause acne (from what i have been told)
welshie

Post by welshie »

Okay, so I'm back
The retreat went well and so did the diet until...
I have cheated twice this weekend and am feeling pretty p****d off with myself :x
Never the less, I'm back on the wagon again and have been juicing like a maniac- so much so that my little juicer has died- doh!
I've ordered a super duper one so hopefully that will be here soon.
Thanks for all your input guys- I need it. I'm really struggling at the moment- not least because new spots continue to come most days and I still feel tired most of the time.
I was previously advised to have smaller meals more often so have sometimes only been having 1/2 apple but need to fit the extra calories in so will probably have a whole piece of fruit each time. I really don't like the idea of putting sugar in my oj so won't be trying that any time soon.
Did I read correctly that one should try less oo in the oj? (I think it was in Annieke's diary)
The weight seems to be slowly decreasing so that's a good thing at least :)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I need alot of OO in my OJ. Makes me feel calm 8)
welshie

Post by welshie »

Doh! Yet another cheat yesterday cos I went out with friends to celebrate a birthday :oops: It was made more difficult because I didn't have the opportunity to eat much yesterday so I was starving. Sometimes I think this is really slipping away from me... :(

Today has been good though.

8:00 banana/oo
10:00 apple/oo
11:00 apple/oo
1:00 apple/oo- a/c/t/oo salad
3:00 apple/oo
5:30 apple/oo-salad :)

Still no oj because the juicer hasn't arrived yet but I'm hoping it'll come tomorrow :roll:
I really envy those of you who seem to find it so easy to stick to this diet- as I was in the beginning! For some reason it just seems to be getting harder, not easier :(
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's not easy at all...
When going 'cold turkey' the hardest part is in the beginning. The longer you manage not to cheat, the easier it becomes. Make sure (if possible) you're never hungry, and if you feel the need to cheat, eat something on the diet you really like.
welshie

Post by welshie »

Wednesday 13th February

8:00 banana/2 yolks/00
11:15 apple/oo
12:15 ½ apple/oo
2:15 2 kiwis/oo
3:15 1 ½ apple/oo
8:15 500g melon/oo
9:15 50g trout/lime/ ½ cucumber

Thursday 14th February

8:00 banana/oo
10:45 apple/oo
12:00 3 kiwis, ½ apple/oo
1:15 ½ apple/oo
3:00 banana
4:00 apple/oo
7:00 apple/oo
9:00 50g trout/lime/ 1/2 cucumber

My new juicer has arrived :D so juice is back on the menu from tomorrow. That should boost my calorie intake as it's been very poor lately according to the calculator (apart from the cheats of course) :oops:
I seem to find it easier in the week when I’m at work but the weekends and time with friends are much harder. I think I tend to go longer without food on the weekends so will make an effort to utilise the juice more. This weekend might be tough though cos I’m going out on Saturday night. I won’t be drinking, which will be a huge help, but I probably won’t be able to resist the food offered :roll:
welshie

Post by welshie »

Well, after a month I'm giving up.
I have seen no improvement in my skin and am very tired.
I find myself constantly thinking about/ planning/ eating food and, quite frankly, I'm sick of it.
I feel disappointed because I agree with the theory (with limited understanding, it has to be said) and really want to have the marvelous results others have documented.
I'm still eating lots of fruit/juices but also have one meal/day of 'normal' food.
I really admire all of you who manage to stick to this, it just seems that it's not for me at this point in my life.
Thanks to all of you for your input/support. I will continue to visit the site for the tons of information you all contribute
Christina

Post by Christina »

Welshie, if you stay mostly raw but not Wai. It might be an idea to just try to stick with a fruit smoothie in the morning, salad with avo, olive oil, lemon juice etc at lunch and fish/yolks for dinner or in the afternoon if you have a cooked dinner. Have an apple inbetween meals, if hungry. This is a good compromise. It'll take more weight off and might help with the skin once you have really good digestion. Elimination is cruscial to remove acne. Exercise for an hour to help move your bowels. And avoid wheat like pasta, bread...