Welshie's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
welshie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Welshie's diary

Post by welshie »

I've found it fascinating to read other diaries so thought i'd put mine on too- hope it isn't too tedious.
I figure this is a good way of promoting sticking power too- just like when I attended 'fat class' at various times (e.g. slimming world. weight management)
I have no means of putting photos on (and don't feel brave enough anyway!) but will record other stuff and will glady accept any advice/tips from you.
I am 33 and have always been overweight. I didn't really suffer from acne as a teenager (apart from the occasional spot or 2) but for many years now I have had acne in varying degrees (mostly around my mouth/nose)
I too have used various topical and oral treatments but none have been 100% effective. For many years I have been taking Dianette which has controlled it, again with varying degrees of success.
Anyhoo, a couple of months ago I decided it wasn't very good to be taking the contraceptive pill so stopped using it. Since then my skin has become increasingly spotty and is driving me nuts! (it's spread to my cheeks and forehead now)
I am lucky in that I don't have acne anywhere else on my body, but I do have lots of the dreaded cellulite- I assumed it was due to being overweight and thought it was just luck that fatter friends didn't have it.
When I stumbled across this site I was fascinated by the testimonies and couldn't stop reading!
So I figured i'd give it a go- although, historically, I am notoriuosly lacking in the willpower department!

Whilst reading I had a couple of glasses of boiled water with fresh lemon.
For breakfast I had a banana followed by dried apricots (quite a few)

For lunch I felt starved and craved bread (a personal favourite) so I had pitta bread with homemade houmous
I later realised it was probably because I didn't have any fat after the fruit breakfast.

For dinner I had an apple (forgot to peel it), some grapes and fresh pineapple. Had to force down the salad but haven't had any fish/egg yolk. (Will be brave and try tomorrow though)

Is boiled water with lemon ok? Also, to peel the tomatoes I put them in hot water- is this ok?
p.s. spent over £50 on this diet today, so i'm gonna have to stick to it at least until i've used all the apples, tomatoes, pears...
Christina

Post by Christina »

Hi Welshie
If you want to lose weight. Eat the sample diet and go on walks two or more hours every day. Take along some oj with oo and sip it, 3 sips at a time every twenty min. or so, dep. on your energy needs. Eat your protein meal after that. Try not to eat foods you'll gorge on. Because, when you eat more than your body needs it'll store as fat, too. So, you need to eat small meals more frequently and don't eat too much dried fruit. Make sure it is sundried and unsulfured which is hard to find even in health food stores. It's safer to eat less of it.
If food has been a source of pleasure in your life. Find different sources, bathtubs, sex, good books, sauna.... When a person is not allowing themselves much pleasure in their life, they will substitute it with food. It'll be very hard to eat healthy and loose weight if you feel depressed and pleasure deprived. But trust me, the Wai diet is such a happyness inducing diet. Even if you eat small amounts.
Christina
welshie

Post by welshie »

Cheers Christina
I feel very positive at the moment and will take on board your suggestions to promote good results.
Having trouble finding nuts in shells at the moment but will spend another million hours on the internet tomorrow to seek them out :roll:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Handling cravings is something we've all gone through. In the beginning it's most difficult, but it does get easier. Make sure you eat something when you start to feel hungry, and stop eating when your body tells you it has enough. When you do get a craving for something not on the diet, eat something you like a lot and which is on the diet. This generally takes care of the craving pretty quickly.

Boiled water with lemon is fine. Putting tomatoes in hot water to peel them is not ok...patience and a sharp knife. ;)

Good luck!
welshie

Post by welshie »

Cheers Oscar
Today is really my first day and so far I've had
Breakfast
2 cups of hot water with lemon juice
1 banana and 200ml o.j. with 2 tablespoons o.o. mixed in (not as bad as I expected)
Late lunch
2 bananas
cucumber, tom and avocado salad with 2 tablespoons o.o.
I am very aware that i'm not eating nearly enough or as often as I should so will make an effort to rectify this. :oops:
Also bought some fish today so will try that tonight, very apprehensive though...
No wonder I feel so tired!
Just to check- can I eat nuts?
They're not on the sample diet but somewhere else I read you should eat some after fruit :?
fictor

Post by fictor »

Wow welshie, your situation sounds almost exactly like my girlfriend!
She also stopped taking the pill (a good thing, those pills really puts your
hormone system out of wack!) and she started braking out a lot,
especially forehead and around the mouth.

She is really really bothered by it, but has not yet come so
far she is willing to try the sample diet. Or well, she actually
tried but gave up after 1-2 days, because she got really sick
to her stomach.

I keep encouraging her to try again, and I think and hope she probably will.

Anyways, try eating more, because as you said yourself, you are
definitively eating too little.

Keep us all posted! Good luck! :)
welshie

Post by welshie »

Just had my first experience of raw fish and egg yolk
It wasn't nearly as bad as expected and I probably managed about 40g of salmon and a large glass of o.j. with 1 egg yolk and some o.o.
I feel very proud as I was 'encouraged' by my veggie friend making fish impressions and chicken noises!
I'm having a murder mystery party at my house tomorrow night so that will be a real challenge as i'm making lots of yummy eats for everyone- but I feel quite determined now that i've started properly.
A trip to the scales is also a motivating factor- 86.2 kg!
The heaviest I have ever been in my life (and the spottiest!)
Chatting to you all and reading about others' success really helps so thanks again x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

welshie wrote:I feel very proud as I was 'encouraged' by my veggie friend making fish impressions and chicken noises!
LOL! I'd rather be a fish or a chicken than a vegetable though... ;)

On the sample diet no nuts, I'm afraid...check here if you're not sure: http://www.waicure.com/acnesamplediet.html

Never played murder mystery, but it sounds like fun. :)
welshie

Post by welshie »

Well, here comes day 2
Had a good sleep and needed the alarm to wake me up.
Have spent ages squeezing oranges and can't wait to get a juicer/extractor...
Have had chopped, PEELED, fruit with a drizzle of o.o. for breakfast and preparing a salad for later.
Skin is looking bloody awful, with a couple of big nasty zits and lots of sore, itchy redness. I'm afraid will have to go on today again.
Bring on the clear skin!

Oscar:
Thanks for clarifying that for me
welshie

Post by welshie »

Howdy!
Well, the party went well and I DIDN'T CHEAT ONCE!
I currently feel very smug and my friends are all incredulous.
Yesterday I ate a bowl of mixed fruits with o.o. for lunch followed by salad with o.o.
I later had a bit of a wobble (mentally)but had a big bowl of fruit and more salad and felt ok.
Much later I had some raw salmon followed by a glass of o.j. with 2 egg yolks and o.o.
I had a couple of bananas in between meals but am still concerned that i'm not eating enough. Oh yeah, had a bottle of o.j. with o.o. throught the day too.
Had a couple of big glasses of water too
During the party, before eating my supper, I felt quite giddy and interpreted this as a sign to eat something.
I also had some fleeting headaches yesterday too

Day 3
My skin is still sore, red and itchy
I have had a very large bowl of mixed fruit with o.o. and 2 lge glasses of water.
Too much pineapple in the fruit cos my mouth is now burning- doh!
At least I don't have a hangover like my friends though...
welshie

Post by welshie »

Well, this is an entirely new experience.
I'm usually ravenous when i'm on a 'diet' but on this one I have a very poor appetite.
After my late breakfast I didn't eat for ages, then had a banana and more water.
I've not had anything else until now, so i've finished off the raw salmon with a drizzle of o.o.
Is it just because i've had a very lazy day? I plan to go for a long walk tomorrow so i'll make a big effort to eat more- never thought i'd hear myself say that!
welshie

Post by welshie »

Ok, so this has been day 4

I've been eating bowls of mixed fruits with o.o. all day, about 4 separate occasions in varying quantities. (probably about 1.5 kg in total) Still not often enough I know but I never realise how long it's been since I last ate. :oops:
I've also been drinking water but couldn't be bothered with the o.j. through the day cos my juicer hasn't arrived yet
No salad today but i've just had a couple of plums with a pint of o.j. with o.o. and (almost) 3 egg yolks. (Still not used to the separation thing despite trying the tips on the forum!)
Will get more fish tomorrow- thought the yolks would be enough for today?
Tried putting it into the calculator but I can't make any sense of it :?
welshie

Post by welshie »

I’ve had a ‘foggy’ head feeling several times over the past few days. Not quite bad enough to call it a headache but not very pleasant. :(
Also, as expected, my acne has worsened and I have 2 new red bumps and a beautiful white headed beast that wants to take over the world! :evil:
I’ve been feeling tired too, but I strongly suspect that’s because I’m not eating enough/ often enough.

Today I have prepared loads to try to eat more/often. I would like some advice please regarding the amount of oil and also, do I need to eat the fat before I go to bed?
Last night I had the o.j. with e.y. and o.o. but wondered if the o.o. was necessary as I was not going to need the longer lasting energy?

Day 5
I have chopped up
2 apples
2 pears
6 kiwi fruit
2 small pineapple (although I probably won’t eat all of this) Total 1.3 kg

4 bananas that I will add 1 at a time when I have a bowl of fruit

I’m having a bowl with 3 tbspn (30 ml) o.o. for breakfast and have added 5 tbspn to the rest of the mixture.

I’ve also prepared 1 pint of o.j. and added 4 tbspn of o.o. to take through the day.

I’m planning to have the a/c/t/o.o salad tonight and some fish with it (ok to eat together?) Doh! Forgot about the eggs, should be ok with about 50 g of fish though.

Phew! That sounds like an awful lot of food but I will try to eat it all at frequent intervals as advised.
I can’t make any sense of the calculator so any input/ advice appreciated.
Just remembered, I will probably drink about 1 litre of volvic too- is this too much water?
fictor

Post by fictor »

Yes, 50 grams of fish or 3 egg yolks should be enough in one day.
It is OK to have the fish or eggs with the salad, as far as I know.
It should be ok to drink that much water, especially if you are
physically active during the day.

During my relatively inactive workday I drink probably 1, 5 l.
of filtered tap water. I have little or no OJ though. Only
fresh and dried fruits with OO, and the salad.
welshie

Post by welshie »

Hi Fictor
Thanks for that reply. I'm also finding that after i've eaten the fruit I feel quite sleepy. I could just go to bed now!