Welshie's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
welshie
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by welshie »

Monday 28th January

This morning was the first time I thought there might have been some improvement in my skin. It seems soft but I’m not sure if that’s just a placebo thing!

I’ve skipped the OJ today because of the ulcers, which are still very painful. :( Unusually, I’ve been in the office all day so was able to eat more frequently. However, I’ve still felt tired (but that may be because I had a late night last night). :roll:

7:30 1 pear - oo
9:30 ½ large banana – oo
10:45 1 apple – oo
12:15 1 pear, ½ banana – oo
1:15 1 apple – oo
2:30 1 pear – oo
4:00 ½ apple – oo
6:00 ½ apple, 1 pear – oo Total 26 g of oo
8:00 1 avocado, 2 yolks oo

I’ve also drunk about 2 litres of water (1.5 of these being volvic)

I put the above into the old nutrient calculator and it doesn’t look too bad. The calories are about 900 short and some of the RDA’s aren’t achieved but I think I’ve eaten better today than any other since following the sample diet.
What do you think?
welshie

Post by welshie »

Tuesday 29th January

8:00 Banana- oo
9:45 Apple- oo
11:00 Pear- oo
2:00 Banana, pear- oo
3:15 Apple- oo
4:30 Banana- oo
7:30 Avocado, 2 yolks, oo,cucumber
Total 30 g oo
I've also drunk lots of water again and finally got the opportunity to go for a walk :D

I’ve noticed 2 new sore, red bumps on my face tonight so not very impressed considering I’m approaching the end of my 2 weeks on the sample diet :x
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Do you go to bed very early, or do you stop eating after 7:30-8pm?
welshie

Post by welshie »

Wed 30th January 2008

8:00 apple, pear – oo
11:00 ½ banana
1:00 ½ banana, 1 apple, 1 pear – oo
2:30 Grapes – oo
3:30 Grapes – oo
5:00 1 apple, 1 pear – oo
7:30 pineapple followed by 2 yolks, 1 avo, cucumber, tomato salad with oo

I’ve also drunk over 2 litres of water but I’ve been terribly constipated :( I’ve bought oranges again thinking this will help but the ulcers are still there. Any advice?

My willpower is waning now and I’ve been invited out for dinner tomorrow and Friday night. It’ll be possible not to eat at the pub tomorrow night but probably not at the restaurant on Friday night.
I was thinking of being good tomorrow night but having exactly what I want on Friday night. After that I intend to go back on the sample diet and I know it says I’ll be starting at day 1 but the way I see it I’m not acne free anyway! This probably sounds twisted to you but it kind of makes sense to me and I don’t feel like I’ll really be at day 1 again as it’s only 1 meal and i've been doing it for 2 weeks

Hi Oscar
I usually go to bed by about 10 and i'm not in the habit of eating late. Is this ok?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Not eating late is fine, it just seems that the time between 7:30/8:00 and 10pm is a bit long without energy.

Constipation/diarrhea or both are quite common in the beginning. The body has to adjust to the new (healthy) situation without opioid peptides, beta-carbolines, fiber, etc.
welshie

Post by welshie »

Thursday 31st January

8:00 250 ml oj with oo and 2 yolks
9:30 1 pear, oo
sips of oj with oo
11:45 ½ banana- sips of oj
12:45 ½ banana- sips of oj
1:30 1 apple, 1 pear, oo
2:45 1 pear, oo
3:30 1 pear
4:30 1 apple, oo
sips of oj

Although I do have cravings, I’m managing them ok on the whole.
My appetite seems far smaller now I’m not eating junk and it seems such a restrictive diet is what’s needed to keep me on the straight and narrow!
Some good news though- I’ve lost 14 pounds in the last 2 weeks- woohoo! :D
My skin still leaves a lot to be desired but I’m gonna split the protein/fibre to see if it makes a difference.
I also still feel wobbly at times, even though I’m managing to eat very frequently lately.

Oscar- should I leave more orange flesh in my drink to help the constipation? Any advice? It's a real pain in the ... :oops:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yes, you could try to see if that helps (for the time being).

To explain: on a cooked diet the bowels are 'sleepy' because of the opioid peptides and beta-carbolines. They have to be 'woken up' by fiber (which irritates the bowels).
welshie

Post by welshie »

Friday 1st February

8:30 oj with 2 yolks, oo
10:00 apple, oo
11:15 pear, oo
12:45 apple, pear, oo
sips of oj
3:30 4 small plums, oj
5:30 ¾ papaya, oo
8:00 a/c/t salad, oo

Well, I went out for dinner but as you see I managed to stay on the diet- woohoo!
I have mixed feelings about this at the moment. In some ways I feel quite smug that I managed to stick to it despite being faced with much temptation on many occasions 8)
On the other hand, I’m a bit fed up because my skin hasn’t improved despite my resolve :x

I was hoping for at least some of the positive results that others have reported but the only one I see is the weight loss (which is great but I could have done that in a far less restrictive way)
My memory and concentration are still poor and foggy, I feel tired most of the day and my acne has not improved- despite it only being mild in the first place :(

I keep telling myself that I’m doing some good but I don’t really understand all the info in the book and don’t feel I know enough to make critical analysis of it anyway :?
I really want to feel energised and focussed and don’t understand how some people with far worse diets than me don’t have acne or cellulite and their eyes sparkle and they have a better memory.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

You have bad energy management.

Tiredness can be cause by (a) not having enough energy, or (b) intaking to much energy (i.e spiking yourself with suger)

There is an optimium energy that reflects that task you are performing.

IMO you can't do this diet without juice. Because the fiber in fruit inhibits your ability to access the energy quickly .

So basically, i go about my day doing various tasks. And as soon as i feel a 'dip' in energy. I will take a mouthful of OJ & OO. This will 'top-up' my energy.

When you are at your 'optimium' energy level, you feel great. Loads of energy.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I drink 2L of OJ a day with 160gs of OO.
welshie

Post by welshie »

hi dionysus
thanks for replying- i know i sounded negative but i feel pretty desperate :(
bad energy management sounds about right. i don't think i'm spiking because i've been eating only 1 piece of fruit at a time and always with oo (occasionally the oj-oo mix) i also drink the oj periodically through the day to avoid energy dips but it doesn't seem to be doing much for me.
when i prepare oj it's usually about 600 ml and i put about 60 ml of oo (? gs) and a little water with it. i also usually have no flesh in it because of the extra fibre.
my job isn't very active- part desk, part visiting people so i figure i shouldn't need loads?
i've not felt full of energy at any point whilst on this diet
welshie

Post by welshie »

Saturday 2nd February

11:30 250 ml oj/ 2yolks/ 20ml oo
2:20 banana/oo
3:20 apple/oo
4:30 2 pears/oo
5:30 apple/oo
6:50 3 plums/oo
8:30 300ml/2 yolks/30ml oo

I’ve thought about cheating so much today but never quite got round to doing it :roll:
Wasn’t sure if I was doing the right thing by having more yolks but thought I’d give it a try just for the hell of it :evil:

No improvement in my skin today but there’s a huge spot on the back of my neck under my hair- never had one there before!
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I drink a mouthful of OJ+OO every 20-30 mins, just so you understand how little and how frequently i consume energy.

Try cutting out the fiber completely. You will notice a difference :)
welshie

Post by welshie »

Do you mean no avocado either?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

You will have to eat an avacado (or something similiar) for the nutritional value. But apart from that i just drink juice :)