Annieke's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Annieke
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Annieke's Diary

Post by Annieke »

Hi all,

I've been reading about the Wai Diet for a year now, and have been mostly (80+ %) raw for the past few months. What got me started on the raw diet was Dr. Douglas Grahams book 'The 80/10/10 Diet', but since nobody really knows the truth about B12 and I've read all the other benefits of raw egg yolks and raw fish, I decided that I would feel a lot better/safer on the Wai Diet, especially regarding nutrients.

I have mild acne and mild cellulite, the latter I know is caused by using the contraceptive pill. My plan is to stop using the pill in late may/early june, when I've finished my current batch. I want to quit using it because now that I know more about it, I don't want some chemical process controlling me, but at the same time stopping is a really scary thing to do for me. I started using the pill when I was 14-15, am now 20 years old. I started taking it because my periods were very irregular and also very heavy, and I do worry that when I stop the pill, I will no longer know when, how long or how much I'll bleed. I'm hoping that by going on the Wai Diet, I can regulate my periods and make them less heavy.

My acne is not really bothering me, so for now I will not do the Acne Sample Diet. I will however keep my 'dirty protein' below 15g a day. This way I can more easily incorporate the diet into my schooldays.

Today I've started adding raw egg yolk to my diet, if all goes well I will have one teaspoon for three days, then two and increase slowly up to two-three egg yolks a day. I'm also taking one tablespoon of EVOO for every piece of fruit that I eat.

Some facts about me:
Female
20 years old (05/13/1987)
1.76m or 5'7''
57kg or 125.6 lb
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Welcome :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Annieke

Post by Annieke »

Thanks dionysus!

So today....
I've been eating the following:

--- 990 grams of bananas with 7 tablespoons of OO

--- 535 grams of apples with 5 tablespoons of OO and 2 teaspoons honey

--- a tomato/cucumber salad consisting of 400 grams of cucumber and 200 grams of tomato, with 3 tablespoons OO

--- about a teaspoon of egg yolk, this is my first day using it.

Today was good, I'm really noticing the lasting energy from the OO. Also, no more dizziness or spots in front of my eyes when I get up from sitting or bending over, so I guess that means the sugars are nicely balanced! The OO makes me feel nice and full after each meal, something I missed when eating only fruits. Tomorrow is a long schoolday for me, will see how that goes. I think I'll chop up my fruit in the morning, sprinkle it with OO and take it to school in a lunchbox.

Munchfoods I had today:
One piece (70g) of Milano bread and 125 grams of cassave chips, for a total of 8,19 grams of 'dirty protein'.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome. :)

A minor detail: 1.76m is more like 5'10", if I'm not mistaken...1.70m is about 5'7". ;)
Annieke

Post by Annieke »

Oscar wrote:Welcome. :)

A minor detail: 1.76m is more like 5'10", if I'm not mistaken...1.70m is about 5'7". ;)
Ah, OK, the calculator I used said 5'7'' and then some. 5'10'' sounds indeed better, now that you mention it! :wink:

Today was kind of hard, cravings wise. I didn't have any more apples, so had to make due with mandarins, which I already don't like very much, and I didn't take any oil or nuts to go with it, so you guessed it; I got nasty cravings even after eating only one mandarin! :shock:

But it all went well, I stuck it out, thank god I'm really determined not to cross 15g of 'dirty protein'! Then on my way home I bought freshly squeezed oj with banana at a grocery store (juice was made on the 23rd, end date was 31st) but that didn't go over too well, felt a bit nauseaus from it. I probably should've checked for a fresher bottle. :roll:

Anyhoo, tomorrow I'm staying home all day (got a sick dog to nursemaid) so I'll be able to eat much better. I have to really think of a way to bring enough fruit and fats with me to school. Dried fruits and nuts are no option for me, they cause bloating and gasses (the mandarins did, too, but not as much as dried fruits or nuts).

No school tomorrow does mean I can pick up a bunch of apples, those I can then chop up, dress with OO and take them to school in a lunchbox. That's the plan for now, anyway. :D
welshie

Post by welshie »

Hi Annieke
I'm also new to the wai diet and have also been trying to figure out how to prepare the food.
My latest thing is to take a cool bag with lots of whole fruit, a small tub of oo, a fork, sharp knife and container for the peel. I found that preparing beforehand for the whole day makes the fruit go yucky so i'm trying this for a few days. I just peel the fruit when i'm ready for it and dip the pieces in the oo.
Hope this helps :)
Welshie
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Please dont forget that the most important thing to keep on thinking about when you are beginning this diet (as opposed to other diets) is that you always need to make sure to ingest enough energy. Try to eat as often as possible; just little meals.
Try to get used to listening to your body when it comes to energy; whenever you feel a little bit less energetic you need to listen and take some energy. That way you get accustomed to listening.
Annieke

Post by Annieke »

Today I made 1L of apple-smoothie (from the blender) with olive oil and sugaqr added, I sipped this throughout the time I spent in school (about 8 hours). Other than that I had banana chips (100g) and rice crackers (also 100g), and I was fine with that. No hunger, no cravings, and also no suger lows like I usually have halfway through school (my eyes get really tired, hard to keep them open and focussed).

I'm doing fine so far, keeping my 'dirty protein' below 15g a day, and eating many meals a day. I am now eating between 6-9 meals a day. I've mainly adopted this diet because the use of fat and raw egg yolks/fish really seemed like the missing link regarding nutrients and feeling satisfied on a raw diet.

Also, I've always struggled with gasses/bloating when I was on a normal diet eating grains as the main source of food, and now I'm really feeling the effects of even a tiny bit too much fiber in my diet. It's really nice now to know what causes it, and I love to finally have a calm stomach and quiet bowels.
Annieke

Post by Annieke »

Of course that wasn't all I had today, but just letting y'all now how I'm coping with combining food and school properly. :wink:
Biev

Post by Biev »

Annieke, since you're worried about going off the pill soon, it may comfort you to hear that eating a lot of fruits before your period makes it lighter and much less painful. That's what I was told when I started the diet and it's really worked miracles for me.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It also seems that increasing egg yolk consumption before your period helps.