Libellula' diet for acne-advice very much appreciated!

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
libellula
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by libellula »

Half and half. I get hungry in the evening and in the morning. I never feel completely full.

My acne is a bit worse.
libellula

Post by libellula »

What I mean is that it's not changed much. In the beginning I had some breakouts on my forehead. I thought that was normal, as I wasn't using soap anymore and my skin easily gets oily on my forehead. Also, I thought I was supposed to break out a little in the beginning. It's just that it's never felt like I have stopped breaking out. I hate watching out for pimples, I really just try not to pay attention to them in detail.
I've had some small new pimples on the side of my nose(I don't often get those) in the last days. I've started to use rosewater in these last couple of days.

I'm also still bony in my upper part... I should probably be eating more fats.

Anyway, as I said, I'll wait it out 'till day 14.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You shouldn't be hungry at any time, except maybe in the morning when you get up. So if you feel even a bit hungry, eat (or drink) something.
libellula

Post by libellula »

Ok, I'll take that advice, but I'm asking myself if it's normal that I still break out on day 12? Today is day 13, my skin is not looking very good. I've got those breakouts around my nose and it's really annoying! They're so visible even if they're small and white. I'm wondering if I could be alergic to something I'm eating...? I'm not eating any nuts or dried fruits...
libellula

Post by libellula »

Well,
I had a MAJOR headache attack yesterday. I tried to avoid taking any medicine for about an hour and a half but it just kept getting worse. So I took my medicine. At that point I knew I was off the diet. After 13 days! :x
Oh well. Two days probably wouldn't have made any miracle difference on my skin.
I then felt like throwing up, and since my stomach was in a bad way I eat rice w some oo and some greated cheese.
This morning I had a banana and a little oatmeal w milk and raisins+ a little oatmeal w just oo.
I have resolved to still follow this diet, but loosely.
My skin still doesn't look very good today. I don't know if I was doing something wrong.

Feel free to answer if you've got advice.

Thanks,
-Libellula
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Try not to get too discouraged... Lots of people think (or hope) that the diet is a miracle cure and that after 2 weeks they will be guaranteed acne free. That's not the case. It takes time to get things 'right' (especially if circumstances are not ideal) and for the body to adjust itself to the changes.

The ASD is a sort of 'back to basics' protocol, to eliminate most causes of acne. But it's not just the diet itself, also how one goes about it. For example, if the body doesn't get enough energy, it might resort to breaking down muscle tissue. This means more protein in the bloodstream, which can lead to an aggravation of acne.

I know everyone (myself included) wants their problems solved rather yesterday than today, but most of the time it does take longer. :)
libellula

Post by libellula »

The circumstances were not at all ideal actually. I had been very nervous during those two weeks for many reasons. In great part the diet was causing nervousness on my part bc it was difficult to manage the energy intake the right way. What you told me about losing weight was probably one of the main reasons for which my acne was not disappearing.
I think what I need to do first is pipe down. It's useless to continue the diet in such a stressed way.
Right now I'm going to be wai-friendly. The main goal is relaxing and, as you said, letting it take its time. If then I learn to control my energy intake and I want to clear my skin up completely, I might go more strict.

Thank you for your advice!

-Libellula
libellula

Post by libellula »

Hi!

After quite some time, I'm back. After I went in chrysis about keeping on the wai diet, I had decided to keep wai friendly. Well, that ended up being very difficult, because since then I have been always away from home, to work, and for one reason or another I have been eating very badly, together with collegues. I mostly ate fast, and by eating whatever there was available, I ate too much pasta, bread, sweets, all types of heavy food. I eventually gained 7 kilos (from 49 to 56), but my acne didn't get worse, lucky me. Problem is, I eventually had some small health problems, which were psycho-somatic, meaning my belly was always extremely bloated (very weird for me, as my belly has always been very flat), and lately it started hurting very much, for tension, I guess (I went to the doctor and had a check up, and everything was fine). I know this sounds funny and stupid, but more than the 7 kilos gain, I have been sad about the constant belly bloat, because I was so proud of my flat belly. :lol:
Considering that I have always eaten healthy (even before I tried the wai diet I was always eating loads of fruits), I think the diet change caused everything in these months.

So, after all this chat, I need some advice on how to re-start the diet, maybe not being absolutely strict in the beginning, but such that I can combine some weght loss to skin clearing. I now weigh 54 kilos (I have managed to lose two kilos so far) and I would like to go back to 50 kilos, as I was before, because I must admit I feel akward at this weight.

Would anybody have any advice for me?

Thanks! :D

Libellula
Iris

Post by Iris »

Hi Libellula!
I pretty much have the same problem. I 'm strugglin for a while now to get myself back to the diet. I also always ate a lot of fruits before, but now I get health problems when I eat non-wai. Plus I also gained a lot of weight. I'm ashamed to say even more then you :oops: . I also was 49 kilos, and feel horrible about my body now :evil:. But I'm not giving up, and I want to start again this week.
What always works best for me is to eat your fruit in the beginning. Not juicing it. Because even though drinking juice is the best way to get a flat belly again, it is extremely difficult (for me that is, of course) to feel how much energy you exactly need. So you easily overdrink. Whole fruits make you feel a bit fuller, so it makes the transition easier I think. But for you it may be the other way around, so I don't know if this is of any help :roll: :lol:

Also, for me it's very important to eat a lot of egg yolks every day. But I read you have some acne you want to get rid of, so that may not be such a good idea either..... I'd say eat as much as your skin can handle. And avoid avocado's for the moment, as they contain a lot of calories and you don't realy need them.

And then ofcourse, take yourself for a walk every day. That is something I have managed to start doing again, and it feels very good. It gives you more energy and it helps you losing weight.

Good luck to you, and I hope you keep us posted on how you are doing! :D
libellula

Post by libellula »

Dear Iris,

Thank you very much for answering me! Gosh, I felt so weird about all these changes in my body, it actually made me feel so much older than my age :lol:
Well, how about that then, let's keep each other updated on our improvements in the diet!
I am now leaving for two days, so I won't have a computer with me, but I know already that I will probably eat at a restaurant tomorrow night, so I can't go strict on the diet. I am bringing for two days 750 ml of oj with olive oil, a liter of pinapple juice, four apples, and two or three bananas also with olive oil to be sure to eat more fruit than junk food.

I'll be posting again probably in two days. :)

Good luck Iris for the diet! Let's hope the best for the both of us :D

Libellula
Iris

Post by Iris »

Yeah, I'd like that! It's nice to have someone to relate to :P
I hope we'll feel much better soon. And shed all the extra weight because it sucks being this "fat" doesn't it :?: :shock: :lol:

Anyway, when will you be starting again, when you're back from your 2-day trip? I think that would mean we're starting the same day :lol:
Your diet for the next 2 days looks good! Pineapple juice, mmmmmm :D
I bought a fruit supply today, so now I can choose from apples, melon, cherry tomatoes, pineapple, mandarins and bloodoranges. Not to much variety because then I tend to overeat :roll: But also not to little to prevent boredom. Yeah I'm very picky about my food :roll: :wink: But I have some "bad" foods left which I plan on eating today and tomorrow. I know it's best to throw it away, but I'm not gonna do that 8) :lol:
I hope the weather stays the same. It's almost like summer here! I love it! Makes it way easier to eat the right foods for me :D.

Hope to read from you soon!!!
libellula

Post by libellula »

Dear Iris,

Unfortunately I'm off again for quite a long time, but yes, I have started the diet again today. I hope to find a way to keep pretty strict, but this will be very difficult, as usually many friends make it extremely difficult for me to follow this diet, as they don't understand and get worried about me not getting enough of the right nutrients. Anyway, I have prepared myself to resist as much as possible and I'm taking all my required fruit.

I will probably have my ipod touch, so maybe I'll be able to check in and write about my progress, I'm hoping at least. :P

Ok, so I'm off :(

Hope to be able to write soon here!

Libellula
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe eat according to Wai except for one meal? And keep that meal as healthy as possible? Make sure you satisfy your addiction receptors with that.