Libellula' diet for acne-advice very much appreciated!

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
libellula
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Libellula' diet for acne-advice very much appreciated!

Post by libellula »

Hi,

I just posted some questions yesterday and was able to clarify some issues which had not been very clear to me.
So today I'm starting my diet :) ! I hope I'm doing things right!
(I'm a 17 year old girl, 170cm, 49/50kg)

Breakfast:

1 banana dipped in olive oil
1 walnut
20 raisins
1 apple-pear(is that right? That's what it's called in italian)+olive oil

Snack
1/2 banana
some more raisins
1walnut

Snack
1 cup of oj+olive oil

Lunch
-1/2 avocado+2 kiwis salad(no oil)
-1/2 cucumber+2 medium tomatoes salad covered w olive oil
-50 grams of raw salmon(I got it at the supermarket; I guess it's not pre-frozen because most people buy fish and freeze it, and fish can't be frozen twice, so it wouldn't make sense to pre-freeze it right?)

Snack
1 cup oj+ oo

Snack
100 gr pineapple+20 gr coconut

Dinner
-1/2 banana dipped in oo
-1/2 cucumber+1 carrot covered w oo(is the carrot ok?)

Snack
20 gr coconut+an apple

Tomorrow I'll be starting to intake the egg yolks. How many should I have? And how exactly do I combine them with oj?
How much water should I drink? Is 2l ok?

Thanks!-Libellula
libellula

Post by libellula »

Heck,

I'll just skip the carrot idea, since I just read that it's fiborous and not so energetic. I'll go with another tomato. :lol:
I checked the nutrient values and found that I intake 2200 kcals. I know I shouldn't worry too much about the calcium and zinc RDAs because they are too high, but it just seemes to me that I'm getting very little anyways.. I mean, 264mg of calcium when the RDA is 1200mg? :shock: Isn't that still very low? And 3mg of sinc when the RDA is 12mg? Is that ok?
libellula

Post by libellula »

Well,
I'm on my second day. Yesterday I felt like a hero bc I was at a restaurant with my bf(we work there) and I was always tempted to munch something. I had brought an apple and some coconut w me(the last snack in the list) but I wasn't going to pull it out in the restaurant as that would have been very rude, so I ended up eating at 23:30, when we finally had gotten out of there. But I made it! :P
Anyways, today I have to go to a birthday party and I hope I'll be able to refuse the food without offending anybody... And tonight I'm back at the restaurant, working. Huge charachter strength test.
So far I've had:

Breakfast:
-1 banana dipped in oo
-1 walnut
-some raisins(say about 25)

Snack
-half a banana dipped in oo
-1 walnut+25 more raisins

Snack
-1 pear dipped in oo

Snack
-1 cup of fresh orange juice(got it at the bar)

Lunch
-half an avocado+2 kiwis
-2 tomatoes+half a cucumber covered w oo

Snack
1 cup of oj+ 1 egg yolk

Snack
-half a banana dipped in oo

I'll have dinner at 5:30 :? , it will consist of the same tomato and cucumber salad, preceded by some coconut and 100 gr pineapple.

Again, I shall take some coconut and an apple with me but I'm afraid I'll deeply suffer from cravings.. I'll be out from 6 to 12. That's a long time. Maybe I should just eat some tomatoes with oo at at the restaurant. Maybe I'll bring a pear w me too. It's just that I've always eaten fruit, but not so much of it in one day, so it's hard for my digestion system.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

2200kcal should be fine. :)

Drink as much water as you feel you need. With OJ and fruit you probably will need less than a liter per day. Look at the amount of water in the calculator...about 1.5 liter should be sufficient.

Try starting with one egg yolk for the first week, then 2 for the next, etc. If you can't handle that much (nausea, diarrhea) start with half.

The RDA for calcium is ridiculously high, so you can completely ignore that.
My zinc intake is also on the low side, but I don't have any problems arising from that. Keep in mind that the RDA is an arbitrary figure, usually far higher than needed, to be sure. For instance we need a minimum of about 6-10mg of vit. C per day (to avoid scurvy), but the RDA is 60mg.

In my experience it's easier to sneak sips from a bottle than eat something (in a restaurant). Maybe you can try that?
libellula

Post by libellula »

Uhm,

I live in Italy... The restaurant where I work sells specifically excellent cold cuts coming directly from Parma+heavy hot plates+the inevitable wine... Most people just get themselves a glass of whichever wine they prefer, so the restaurant only has wine, water and sodas. :( No juices whatsoever.

Anyways, I didn't end up having dinner or anything after that yesterday bc I went to the bparty feeling very bad(headache) and then I had to go away from work bc I had a major headache-nausea outburst. But I didn't cheat. I only had some bee pollen and another walnut+some more raisins before going out bc I had the munchies.

Today I had:

breakfast
1 banana+oo
2 walnuts+ 25 raisins

snack
another half banana+oo

snack
half a cup of pure blueberry juice

snack
1 pear+1 apple+ prob. about 40 gr coconut

snack
1 orange
1banana+oo (I'm very hungry today :lol: )

Now I'm off to lunch. I don't have any avocado today!! Noooo!! Oh well, I guess I'll just have some cucumber+tomato+oo salad and 50 gr of raw salmon(always from the supermarket)

Thanks for the advice Oscar!!
Btw, I'm not looking foward to thursday... I'm off to a day of 5 consequent violin lessons w three different teachers, plus the three hours on the train to get there and the three hours back... That means CONSTANT SEARCH FOR ENERGY. I'm out at 7am and back at 12 at night. I'm not taking any fish or yolks w me, it's too risky. And I wouldn't want to intake the yolks in the morning, what if they're not good and I feel sick on the train or something, it's too risky. There are no brazil nuts unshelled here. Should I take walnuts, even though I'm doing this for acne? I might find myself obliged to cheat a little. I have asked my mom to buy me juices, but I really don't know which to take. I don't have a juicer, we only make orange juice at home around here. Everything else we buy. Is apple juice ok? what about those juices that say they contain the flesh too?
libellula

Post by libellula »

Oh, what a dummy!
Forgot to say that I took a tachipirina yesterday(it's a medicine you get without prescription, it's an anti-pain and fever cure that works for headaches too...).. I was forced to take it, it would have been very unprofessional to go away from work without even having tried to take something to improve my physical state and get on with it.
libellula

Post by libellula »

Well,

after lunch I had:

Snack
-oj+oo

Snack
-some more blueberry juice
-oj+oo

Snack
-1kiwi

Snack
-half an apple

Dinner
-half an apple
-2 kiwis+half an avocado
-1 walnut

Snack
-Some blackberries

I think it's all, but probably later I'll remember something I will have forgotten :roll: .. Oh well, I'm off for now :)
-Libellula
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Quite a few people on the diet (myself included) drink orange juice (with some olive oil added) every day. I make a liter per day and put it in 2 bottles. During the afternoon and evening I then take a sip whenever I need energy. Very easy to do, also during rehearsals and such. A lot of people, especially wind players, drink water anyway, so juice isn't that strange.

You could also cut up some fruit, sprinkled with olive oil, and take a bite. Eat the unshelled nuts if you can't avoid it. If you can, avoid the bee pollen until your acne is gone (it's a matter of eliminating all possible causes).

In an emergency you could take (hot) water and dissolve sugar in it. Let it cool down, and drink it for energy. No vitamins/minerals/trace elements, but at least it gives sugar/carb energy.

Cravings are the worst when you're hungry. Don't eat your rosin! ;)
libellula

Post by libellula »

Hi hi,
that would be energetic... :wink: :lol:
Ok then, I'll try doing that. Thanks!!

-Libellula
libellula

Post by libellula »

Well,

so far today I've had:

breakfast
-1 banana dipped in oo and shoot! :x :x I remember wanting to have a walnut but I don't remember if I actually had it.. I was going to try to stop eating them.. Oh well :roll:

snack
-1 apple

snack
-1 pear

snack
-1 banana(small)

lunch
-about 6 strawberries
-half an avocado+2 kiwis
-2 tomatoes+half a cucumber+oo salad
-some coconut(about 30 gr I think)

snack
-1 banana
-1 cup of oj+oo

I know it looks weird that I'm dividing my days, but I don't want to forget what I ate(see what I just did with breakfast :wink: )

-Libellula
libellula

Post by libellula »

Ok,
I need to finish reporting yesterday but I'm afraid I'm going to forget something. I hope this is right:

snack
-some coconut(divided into two snacks; I think it must have been 20-30 gr)

snack
-a cup of blueberry juice

dinner
-1 apple covered w olive oil
-9 cherry tomatoes+oo
-50 gr salmon

I didn't have anything after that bc I started watching a movie but promptly fell asleep :roll:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today so far I've had:

breakfast
-1 banana+oo

snack
-some coconut(20-25 gr)
-1 cup of blueberry juice

snack
-1 cup(small because I finished it!) of oj+oo

snack
-1 banana+oo
libellula

Post by libellula »

Uh...

SHOOT...!!!??? I just read that people take the skin off the fruit even when it's organic... All the fruit I eat is organic but I don't take the skin off of pears or apples... Why do you have to take it off even if it's organic? I mean, if you have strawberries or cherries or anything like that you'll be in the same sitaution... Or am I not understanding something here?
Does this mean that I HAVE TO START AGAIN??? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

-Libellula
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The skin of the fruit contains most of the toxins and most of the fiber (which we don't need anyway).

No need to start again. ;)

How much fat do you get per day? If you combine it with every fruit you eat, the energy will last longer.
libellula

Post by libellula »

Well,
I usually eat my fruits with oil(sometimes it kind of nauseates me, it's a bit much, but I think that's because my oil is very very good but therefore very distinctive in taste :P ). Otherwise I try to cobmine them with coconut or avocado(I eat half an avocado a day because I don't really like it... :roll: :D ).
Well, yesterday my mom made me a big fruit salad with olive oil and she made a salad of tomatoes, cucumber and oo too to bring with me on the trip. No juices because I had them in small glass bottles(that was just too heavy). I dunno, the problem is that I never drink enough. I used to drink very little water, but then during the last months I was trying to drink from 1.50 liters to 3 liters. Now I'm back to barely half a liter a day.. :shock: I'm just going to have to drink more. Well, I didn't cheat yesterday, my breakfast consisted of 2 kiwis+half an avocado, and after the salads I ate half an apple+ a couple of pieces of coconut on the train. But I couldn't eat fish nor yolks bc when I came back I went to my boyfriend's. So that was not a real dinner... Now I'm extremely hungry... :twisted: :lol:
Today I'm still at my bf's, who's not on the diet :lol: but who's promised to make me a nice big salad of tomatoes, cucumber, carrots and zucchinis and to get me loads of fruit.. They don't eat organic here bc it costs too much(you just can't afford it if you're a student..), but think I can manage for one day :wink: . Plus, I'll get some sashimi for lunch... I dunno if it's pre-frozen, but this is the best I can do...

Well, I'm off now,
bye and thanks!

-Libellula
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You only have to drink when you feel you need to. Fruit contains lots of water (look on the nutrient calculator), so you don't need to drink that much anyway.

Being extremely hungry is not good. :?