Hi everybody!

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Ducky
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Hi everybody!

Post by Ducky »

Im new here and i liked to tell you how happy i am for having found this site.

Well ive never been a vegetarian or anything like that in my life but i always played with the idea.
Just before i found this site, for a few weeks ive been doing some searching online for the reasons not having enough energy to do the things i liked to do
in general and to lose some weight (though i dont really have a lot to lose, about 12kg and i already lost 5kg in these last few weeks, but want that flat tummy :)).

Finding out about veganism and particularly raw veganism i, as many, was impressed by the experiences of raw vegan Tim VanOrden (im sure everybody know him by now) I decided to be a raw vegan myself.

The only problem that i had for being a raw vegan is:
eating raw vegetables.
I just couldnt do it, i had to steam them a bit to make them less strong.
Like cale for example.

So i continued my research and i found out about fruitarianism.
My main concern with this was that it wasnt very popular and the people practicing it didnt look very serious so i thought there could be problem with this.

Then i stumbled upon Waisays and i gotta tell you i was really relieved when I read in her book that we have everything in fruits that we have in vegetables.

So actually what im planning to do is, on the long run of course because its gonna take time to adapt i guess, to follow Wai's diet and to "evolve" towards fruitarianism. That is to say only to eat yolk and raw fish if i
feel the need: if tired, feeling down etc...

Because if the vegans can do it i gotta give it a try myself.
I also think that nutrition as a science is one thing and real life examples are another. Seeing that science doesnt know everything yet, a little experience cant harm either.

But anyway it looks like a great community here with a lot of nice people,
I already browsed the forums and now i'd have a few questions to ask too.

Ps i already registered a week ago but in the email that i recieved it says
that i had to wait for another email before posting, but i never recieved the second one.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Welcome :)

Didn't you receive an email saying you could log in using the login and password you provided?
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

No i only recieved one:
Your account is currently inactive, the administrator of the board will need to activate it before you can log in. You will receive another email when this has occured.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Weird, I usually activate all accounts, and the forum should automatically send an email. Well, you're here now :)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Ducky: No uppdates yet? How is it going? Just curious.. :)
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Hey Fictor!

Yes ive been thinking about to post an update so thanks for asking!

In general its going ok and im not gonna give it up.

Im making a lot of new experiences and discovering new things.

Of course i gotta give you credit for saying that cooked food, milk and wheat are drugs. All these years of "drug" habit cant just disappear without trace...

Oh man when the cravings kick in im like going crazy and i just gotta eat some junk food. But its always like a lesson learnt that it wont do any good to me. Unless relieves the pain.The other day i got pretty sick in my tummy from some junk food. I didnt sleep all night. That was a good lesson.

The other thing that i didnt take seriously is the olive oil.
Im on the road all week so i dont juice im just eating fruits whole with some sugar, if i feel the need for sugar, and yolks.

But when i come home i make a tomato/shallot/sugar/olive oil/parsley salad and i just devoure it. Im all spacey all week and then it gives me
an incredible energy boost. Of course now i understand why im so weak
all week: my body needs fat.

I aqcuired a taste for raw tuna too. I never thought it was so easy to eat it raw. It goes down much easier than salmon.

Actually the reason i give in from time to time for munch food is that i have bought a lot of stuff just before i started the Wai diet.
A lot of organic vegan stuff too thats expensive.
I have already gave of them to friends but i dont have the heart to give it all away.
I know i sound stingy, dont i? :oops: :D

But soon there will be no more excuses to not to be 100% wai. :D

Even with this not 100% diet i lost 5 kilos though.
Im only 2 or 3 kilo from my ideal weight.
fictor

Post by fictor »

That is good to hear Ducky! :D

I am glad you are tuning your diet, and yes, fat is an important part of our diet, to balance blood sugar, make you feel satisfied after eating, and for so many functions in our bodies!

Good luck!
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Thank you for the kind words Fictor!

Yes i also realised that my second mistake, after underestimating fats,
was not eating enough.
The farer you are from the amount of food you need, the stronger are
the cravings.
And the stronger the cravings the harder the diet.

I just went cold turkey right away with a lots of enthusiasm for the first weeks.
But i think cold turkey is only okay if its last only a few days or few weeks tops. Then it has to end otherwise you have no life anymore, you are
torturing yourself.

So i take Wai's advice and authorize myself a few munch foods with small protein contents.

One of my favorite is oat milk (0.8g) with some bread.

What about you, are you 100%?
I should search your thread if you have one. :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Cold turkey is quite hard in the beginning, but after a certain period the cravings generally disappear. Decreasing the amount of munchfoods gets harder and harder the closer you get to 100% (which actually makes it harder to get to that 100%), but it'll be more gradual, obviously.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Since I am used to doing different types of diets, I wen cold turkey when I started Wai. The only un-Wai food I conume is raw butter, some carrot(juice) and on rare ocations raw sour cream and red fresh red pepper.

Apart from that I do fullblown Wai :) No nuts, some sundried, no sugar, some honey (raw).