And so it begins

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Havas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Havas »

Yes, fictor is right. It's only on my back, and frankly it's (in my view) indistinguishable from acne, and did say that acutane would (temporarily) clear it, so it's obviously related in some way.

As for the diet, it definitely seems to be helping - but nothing like I hoped. I've had "much" foods. For now, I'm convinced that diet is related to acne, but I'm not sure wai diet has all the answers.

I'm actually not sure what I should be doing. I'm worried the diet will clear my skin to the point where I won't get given accutane and forced to permanently diet this way (which does take a toll on my social life and general enjoyment).

I think I'm going to return to a normal diet and see how my skin responds. I'm really confused. Any thoughts?
fictor

Post by fictor »

I understand your frustration. If I thought that accutane was really the cure for you, I would have supported you fully on trying your best to worsen your acne, so that the derm would prescribe it for sure.

I am sorry to say though, that I have not yet heard of a single case where accutane actually cured someone, permanently. I think being dependant on some heavy drug like accutane, with so many harsh side effects, is actually worse for your social life and general enjoyment, than the Wai diet would be.

Remember that most people that takes accutane do become dependant on it. It does not permanently cure acne, at least not in the cases that I have heard of.

This said, the side effects are not as bad for everyone, and having acne is (in my oppinion) worse than almost any side effect, so I can see why you are tempted by accutane.

Whatever your choice may be, I wish you the best of luck! :)
Havas

Post by Havas »

Thanks. I'm still on the wai diet, mainly as a matter of pride (Don't want everyone saying "I knew you wouldn't last long"). It's no longer really a big deal. Although, there are times that it's hard.

But yes, you're very right. And yeah, it's extremely hard to hear people tell you that there are _possible_ side effects (Of almost all which are reversible with stopping treatment) and you're thinking "Uggh... I don't give a shit. And nor would you, if you had acne..."

Oh well, it's more waiting. A bit less than 2 months to go. I would love if this diet works for me. I don't mind too much if it doesn't work (I gave it a fair shot), I just really don't want half-progress that will still give me shitty skin and no acutane.

We'll see what happens. :)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Hava, I storngly sugest you do the Wai diet 100%, no munch foods, for the two months up until your next derm appointment!

This way you will really give the diet a fair chance to cure you.
What is there to loose?

:)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

When I was 17 or 18 i was on (ro)accutane. I worked for me, but only for 2 months.
Like fictor said: Whats there to loose?