And so it begins

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Havas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Havas »

Thanks guys. I think it's almost a week now.

I haven't been eating any juice, or even nuts. If I have been unsure, I've avoided it.

The most I've deviated from the diet is on day 2 or 3, I accidentally put a fish oil (gelatin) capsule in my mouth, but as soon as I realized I spat it out. Anyway, my acne is actually getting slightly worse. Probably the antibiotics wearing off.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

fictor wrote:Give it a shot! It is not like accutane will be taken off the market any time soon!
:lol: That made me laugh.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

keep up the good work! i didn't have bad skin (i'm doing wai for health), but when doing the sample diet i initially had worse skin then a week later it was much better. hopefully the same works for you! i hope you stay motivated and see this through :)
Havas

Post by Havas »

Been 10 days or so. I won't say my skin is significantly worse, but it is worse. I'm giving the diet 3 more days before I make a dermatologist appointment. And if I don't get an accutane script, I'll buy it online.

I'll try stay on the diet as long as possible, but I get no enjoyment from it - and unless it is a cure for my skin I'm going to have to drop it.
fictor

Post by fictor »

Havas: It is good to hear you are sticking to it so far! If making that derm-appointment makes you feel better, go ahead, but make sure to schedule it in some time from now, maybe a month or two. That way you will have some more time to see if the Wi-way works for you!

As I said, there is NO RUSH! I mean, it sucks having acne, trust me I know, but if there might be a safe, affordable and side effect free cure two months away, I would not even think about doing accutane right away!

Good luck, keep up the good work!
Havas

Post by Havas »

Thanks. It's actually getting a little better. Significant less redness. Let's hope it continues.
claireelis

Post by claireelis »

glad to hear its getting better :)
fictor

Post by fictor »

Good to hear indeed! :D
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

How's it going Havas?

When things stall or get bad, perhaps you can read the motivating testimonies written here?

http://www.freeacnebook.com/results.htm
Havas

Post by Havas »

Thanks guys.

Things have got better. I'd say my face is noticeably better than when I started. Not exactly as good as I was hoping for, but worth it (if things continue to get better).

I tried a few dermatologists, one was booking for February!! But in the end, I found one that has a opening really soon. (This wednesday). Honestly, there's nothing more I want that accutane and getting nice skin and being able to eat normally. I really really hope he just gives it to me.

One part of me feels like doing everything I can to make my skin worse (having a massive protein binge and clogging my pores?), so that he's more inclined to just give it to me. But I've done far too much to throw away.

Wish me luck :D Although, if he doesn't give it to me - I'll probably spend the rest of my life on this diet. Hopefully it's healthy in the long run.
Brazilnuts

Post by Brazilnuts »

Havas wrote:I'd say my face is noticeably better than when I started.
Fabulous! :D I hope you're still taking progress pictures?
fictor

Post by fictor »

Havas: I have never heard of anyone actually being cured forever by accutane. Most people says it works for a while, then the acne returns.
A diet approach is no doubt a mores sensible solution in the long run, although it might not get you the fast-fast-fast results you are hoping for.

You make your own choices, it is your body, but I know that if I have to be on the Wai diet for the rest of my life to even have as good skin as I have now (which is not perfect), I would do it.

I beg you to think again before you make this choice!

I wish you the best of luck, no matter what your choice will be! :)
Havas

Post by Havas »

I went to the dermatologist (a different one). She was extremely good. She looked at my back and told me that it wasn't acne but something else (I forgot now, but some other skin condition). And looked very closely at my skin and said I won't have any scarring so there is no rush.

Then she went on to ask me if I am happy if it didn't get much better (to which I told her no). After thinking for a while she said "Have you heard of acutane before?". I was so happy. We talked about it a bit, and sometime during the conversation I said "If it doesn't work, I'd be glad at least I tried it" to which she couldn't help laughing and said "hahha, no it will work. That's not even an issue". (Which was reassuring after having acne for so many years). She said I'll clear up completely and after stopping my face should be good but my back will start to get worse (but not as bad as it is now, but I don't really mind).

Everything was going great, until I out that I won't be able to start till November (two months away). I need to get blood tests and bring them in, and approval from my surgeon. When I pushed to have the date moved a bit sooner, she told me "By all rights I shouldn't be giving you accutane, but I know it's the only thing that's going to help. But if I'm going to do this for you it means we need to do it as safely as possible - as your acne is auxillary to your health. So that means we'll need your surgeons approval."

I didn't push it any further as I could see that she really just wanted to help and was looking after my best interests. So my next appointment is for November, hopefully I can have clear skin by Christmas.

I'll continue on the wai diet as it's starting to come naturally - but it's not the miracle I hoped for.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Havas wrote:I went to the dermatologist (a different one). She was extremely good. She looked at my back and told me that it wasn't acne
I'll continue on the wai diet as it's starting to come naturally - but it's not the miracle I hoped for.
If it is not acne, then of course this diet doesnt work for you.
...some other skin condition...
You dont want to know?????? :?
fictor

Post by fictor »

I think it was only the "acne" on his back that was not really acne. Am I right Havas?

Also, I disagree with RRM on the point that this diet cant cure other skin conditions as well. I think most diseases and health conditions are caused by eating the wrong (and not the right) foods.