Sugarbarbie's diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Vit C being (far) higher than the RDA shouldn't be a problem. Our bodies normally regulate the intake of nutrients.

Regarding hunger:
- eat small meals throughout the day; whenever there is a (slight) hunger pang, eat something
- keep those meals small; ideally a bite each time, but otherwise two fruits with some olive oil should last an hour or so
- combining fruit with fat/oil should slow down the time until the next hunger pang
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

sugarbarbie,

Have you read this?

http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/plants.htm

I think that are better ways to get calories than grass juice. After all you get hungry from lack of calories, not lack of fiber.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

This is the up-to-date link: http://www.waidiet.com/vgb.html ;)
sugarbarbie

Post by sugarbarbie »

thanks for the links. The link did say there were exceptions and wai even said that it was necessary to eat salad each day. he listed lettuce in the salad section.
Combining fruits and raw vegetables

Most vegetables cannot be consumed raw for they upset your bowels, but a few can. Some can also be combined with fruits:

- Mixed lettuce, chopped red onions, avocado, olives, cold pressed olive oil and some pressed garlic.

- Some lettuce, slices of avocado, sliced tomato, a bit of lemon juice and some chives, basil or any other fresh herbs you prefer.

- Cucumber, tomato, mixed lettuce, avocado with olive oil-dip

- Cucumber, tomato, mixed lettuce, onions fried in butter. (such a little bit of fried onion contains a negligible amount of 'dirty protein')

- Salad of chopped tomatoes, -red onions, -black olives, parsley, olive oil and garlic.

- Mix chopped shallot with pressed garlic, some hazelnut oil (as much as you like), 1 Tbs. wine vinegar, 2 Tbs. orange juice, 1 Tbs. lemon juice, ½ Tbs. powdered sugar, 1/4 tsp. ground cumin, and a pinch of pepper. Add 200 g. / 1 cup chopped carrots and let this rest for one hour. Add chopped orange and hazelnuts.
Mind explaining what are the exceptions and what are not. I believe wheatgrass should be an exception just based on experience. i cannot eat lettuce with out bloating. One bite and I'm done for. But wheatgrass and I just recently discovered that seaweed does not do that to my stomache. everything else does also, such as broccoli etc just as described. Also I found a link that said that cows that were fed wheatgrass instead did not experience bloat either. I know we are not cows but since cows etc were used in the links the opposite should matter too. Plus I believe that the wheatgrass is really young leaves which make them more delicate. I haven't been doing wheatgrass anymore just my husband because he runs a retail store and has no time for lunch breaks and gets by with sipping juice mixed with wheatgrass and brazil nuts during the day. When he gets home I give him a a huge salad like explained in the quote above and shashimi now and then. I am doing the strick diet again because I recently was hired as a back up singer and got some shoots coming up. Thanks once again for the links.[/quote]
If You Can Paste And Submit, Then You Can Grow 2,346 Downlines In a Year
http://www.opportunityplr.com/?rid=357
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sugarbarbie wrote:I am back to doing 100% wai with out the wheatgrass. My husband however is working 12 hrs a day in a retail store as the only manager so he can never leave for a lunch break and has not time to eat the fruit or to keep them. He feels more comfortable with juicing and ading the wheatgrass. that with some nut and he's good.
why does he want the wheatgrass added?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sugarbarbie wrote:wai even said that it was necessary to eat salad each day.
The salad that is 'necessary' is the cucumber, tomato, avocado combination.
You dont need lettuce. It doesnt give you anything, compared to fruits (which the other ones are)
I used the ' ' for 'necessary' because even those foods can be replaced by others.
What is really necessary (without ''), is the combination of animal foods and fruits.
listed lettuce in the salad section.
Combining fruits and raw vegetables

Most vegetables cannot be consumed raw for they upset your bowels, but a few can. Some can also be combined with fruits:
Thats not the 'required' salad section. Thats is the section of (veggie) foods that can be consumed raw without upsetting your bowels too much.
Veggies are not essential (at all) to this diet. Fruits are.
Mind explaining what are the exceptions and what are not. I believe wheatgrass should be an exception
No, it shouldnt, because its a grass, and from wheat. (a double no-no)
I found a link that said that cows that were fed wheatgrass instead did not experience bloat either. I know we are not cows but since cows etc were used in the links the opposite should matter too.
Because wai says we are not cows, wheatgrass is good for us because the grass doesnt bloat the cows?
hmm, i dont follow you here... :?
Plus I believe that the wheatgrass is really young leaves which make them more delicate.
For cows, yes, they love it.
But what exactly makes grass good for us too?
I haven't been doing wheatgrass anymore just my husband because he runs a retail store and has no time for lunch breaks and gets by with sipping juice mixed with wheatgrass and brazil nuts during the day.
What energy exactly does wheatgrass have that fruits dont?
sugarbarbie

Post by sugarbarbie »

it's listed therefore not against the wai diet. I understand that you are sooooo strick with your diet that you dare not eat one munch food or heaven forbid one plant. good for you. However we keeping keeping with the wai diet whether you like it or not.
most plants are not part of the diet BECAUSE they upset the bowls there ARE some exceptions.

wheatgrass does not upset my bowels therefore I can safely consume them as part of this diet. bottom line. lettuce upset my bowels therefore it is not part of my diet.
eating plant food is only elimanted from the diet because ubset to the bowels not because it will adversely affect our health. so what if you get more nutition from fruit.
you know nothing about wheatgrass so stop acting like you do.
stop trying to scare people away fom follwing the free acne book.

stop trying to bully people into not including plant food. saying that it is not a part of the diet is a lie.

will you thrive without plants in your diet...yes
will you thrive with plants in your diet...yes
case closed...

got something else to say bring it. hmm i'm thirsty time for some wheatgrass an d juice mmmmmmm!
sugarbarbie

Post by sugarbarbie »

quoting RRM in another diary:
Wai is less strict (about 90% raw), and regulalry consumes some munch food.

Good enough for Wai good enough for me...Wai IS th e one that WROTE the book...right? hmm?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Wheat grass can upset people's stomach, just because you can tolerate it doesn't mean it is easy to digest for humans in general. I know people who have puked after drinking the stuff.

Why do you accuse him of bullying people? Why would he change his conclusions (which are based on research) because one person *believes* that some plants should be part of the diet?

I suggest, instead of using anecdotal evidence, you do some research on grass, then if you feel you have come up with a different conclusion, you can present it. I think it is more probably that grass is not something humans should be eating, but I could be wrong and am open to seeing your evidence.

I hope we (you) can maintain a nice conversation and stay civil. There is no need to get take things personal or accuse people of things (being a bully, not writing the book, etc)

When I started reading this thread, I was thinking, ok, this person disagrees. Now I'm thinking, this person is getting upset. We don't have to get upset if we can't agree.

People who believe things are usually the first to get offended. It seems to me that you are the one getting hostile, but you accuse him of being a bully.

I hope I am not coming across as upset. Just to be clear (it is hard for me to communicate my feelings via a forum or email) I am not trying to put you down, but rather have a discussion, please forgive me, If I have done a less than good job of communicating this.
sugarbarbie

Post by sugarbarbie »

I wasn't really upset either. But the last thread of RRM was a bit cocky and insulting and I replied in the same matter. I have read thread after thread where the writer is attacked if there is one mention of munch food or plant food.
Yeah just like egg yolk some people have to build up tolerance to WHEATgrass. I did do research before deciding to try it. The only reason that plants should be excluded is if it upsets the bowels and causes gas. It does not have any adverse effects what so ever on me or my family. However one bite of lettuce and I look like I'm pregnant and have gas pains. Yet wai uses it more than once in the diet...after the 2 week sample diet...I'm way past the two weeks and my shoot is past.
It seems to me that RRM stays on the sample diet for the most part and is totally forgetting that after the two weeks you can introduce munch food and plant food to your diet.
I am following the diet. When I have a shoot or whatever I go bac to the strick.

So if I am getting all my nutition from fruit and add plants for whatever reason and they have no adverse affects on me what's the problem?

Gee wish Wai was around so that the real diet would be pushed around here. Btw tonight in honor of wai I'm having french fries and egg yolk as my MUNCH food. Bite on that

:twisted:
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I didn't see him as being insulting, but I guess I have a different perspective. I have actually seen him as being really tolerant and patient with people disagreeing with him.

It is really easy to be taken the wrong way when typing to people. He did put a happy face. I usually see a happy face to mean something like, I'm not upset or being mean, but then again that is probably not universal.

I don't think there is a problem with you consuming grass, it is just not going to be a wai diet food.

I think you should do some research on who created this diet.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Forgive me if you've already answered this (I may have missed it). Why do you eat plants foods as munch foods?

Do you actually like grass juice and drink it purely for the taste or do you consider it something nutritious?

Munch foods are usually things people finding very satisfying.
sugarbarbie

Post by sugarbarbie »

gee I wish I can continue having a diary sometime soon.
yes I enjoy it.
It works for us for many reasons hmmm one being a recession.
It's wheatgrass not grass...yes there's a difference.
the best research is trying it yourself, lots of studies contradict each other even some that contradict the wai diet.
the wai diet includes munch foods and not the sample diet.
Munch foods can be anything you want along the protein guidelines.
much like how if you eat certain combonations of fruit it will give you cramps so will wheatgrass if you eat food too soon or after you drink it.

When the day comes that I can afford an abundance of fruit for my family and/or my own greenhouse and laying hens I will live the rest of my life on the f'ing sample diet with possibly a munch food now and again maybe at b'days or something....until then I will record my findings in the diary and the people on this site will not bother me about it because if they can read they will cleary see that "wai" put in the book that yo can eat plants if it does not upset your bowels.

now on with my DIARY
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

If I am understanding right, you drink it because you can't afford fruit and eggs. So does this mean you are drinking it for it's nutritional value? If so what are the nutrients you are getting cheaper from the grass juice?

I wouldn't consider someone pointing out to me a certain food is not ideal as a bother. Why would you post your diary of what you eat if you don't want feedback. The feedback may be of use to you or not, but it is also of use to other people who read this forum.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

sugarbarbie wrote:wheatgrass does not upset my bowels therefore I can safely consume them as part of this diet.
Sure its safe; most foods are considered safe.
But its not food that is part of the wai-diet.
Of course you can eat anything you like while doing the wai-diet. Its just that not all foods are part of this diet.
Basically, this diet consists of fruits, nuts and raw animal food. Thats it.
Then there are the so called munch-foods; foods that you may want to eat to be able to keep doing this very strict diet. We have selected these foods based on
1) how much harmful ingredients (heterocyclic amines, oxysterols, transfats, nitrite, nitrosamines etc.) and addictive substances they may contain.
2) to what extend they are physically satisfying (excluding the effect of beta-carbolines, opioid peptides and other addictive substances); due to their sweetness or cholesterol or fat content.

In our opinion, wheatgrass was therefore not a suitable munchfood.
Some vegetables are relatively harmless munchoods (potatoes, egg plant etc.), where as leaves and grasses are not.
eating plant food is only elimanted from the diet because ubset to the bowels not because it will adversely affect our health.
No, the anti-nutrients (and nitrate/nitrite in many other veggies) are also considered unhealthy as they inhibit absorption of valuable nutrients.
stop trying to scare people away fom follwing the free acne book.
stop trying to bully people into not including plant food. saying that it is not a part of the diet is a lie.
Wow... :?
This diet is free and you are always free to follow it, strictly, loosely, or not at all. If you dont agree with our views, thats absolutely fine with me and im not trying to convince you to do anything whatsoever. All im doing is trying to explain what the wai-diet is about.
will you thrive without plants in your diet...yes
will you thrive with plants in your diet...yes
case closed...
Our reasoning is that antinutrients have a negative effect on the absorption of specific nutrients.
sugarbarbie wrote:Wai IS th e one that WROTE the book...right? hmm?
We wrote the book together.
Last edited by RRM on Mon 01 Dec 2008 18:57, edited 1 time in total.