New here!

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Energy requirement can vary per day, if you're more or less active physically or mentally, if you need to recuperate from activities the previous day(s), etc.

How can you skate without skates?? ;)
We went skating somewhere in Buitenveldert, close to where I live. :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

Yeah, of couse different activity levels require different energy levels, but sometimes I can't relate to why my energy requirements are that high all of a sudden :?

We just walked on the ice :lol:
Ah, so you live near Buitenveldert. Cool. My brother is in Oud West, so we went to the Vondelpark where it was extremely crowded (obviously)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Iris wrote:sometimes I can't relate to why my energy requirements are that high all of a sudden :?
Thats because it very much depends on how much glycogen has been stored priorly. Wether you have 100 or 1600 kcal in glycogen available for physical activities makes a huge difference.
Iris

Post by Iris »

That sounds logical :) I still have to internalize a lot of basic knowledge of nutrition, metabolism etc. Thanks again RRM!

I'm doing average these days. Eating my fruits and yolks/salmon, but with munch foods, so I'm not feeling optimal..... But I was pleasantly surprised when I saw my supermarket sells blood oranges again, jeah! :D I LOOOOOOOOVE blood oranges! So I bought all 6 bags at once, and I'm planning to drink a whole lot of juice this week!!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, they taste really good. Lucky you.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Somehow it tastes like raspberries. The more red, the more raspberry-like :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

It's been a few months now since I started now, but I'm still eating munch foods. Don't know if that has anything to do with it, but I'm stil not feeling to good. I can't sleep at night, and if I do fall asleep, I only sleep for 4 hours or so and then I wake up again. Mostly I'm so exhausted the next day that I sleep for hours in the afternoon :shock: I have severe stings in my stomach, like a knife slides through it, stinging headaches, and I'm often hungry. Last night I even got out of bed to get myself a few apples :shock:(surprisingly, cos you wouldn't expext someone to feel hungry when she's feeling that sick...) And worst of all, I look like s**t. At least, that makes me feel even worse. I know I should realy start being more strict with my diet. Eat more fruit, salmon and yolks. But somehow I can't get myself to stick to that.

Every winter I have trouble with keeping up a healthy lifestyle, and then it gets easier when summer kicks in. But this year it's worse... And summer is so far away :( :( :(
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Iris wrote:I'm still eating munch foods. ... I can't sleep at night,
... Every winter I have trouble with keeping up a healthy lifestyle, and then it gets easier when summer kicks in.
You seem to be serotonin-sensitive.
The good thing about that is that consistently eating a lot of egg yolks (and good fats and sufficient simple sugars) will have a good effect on you.
The downside of it is that you are more susceptible to beta-carbolines (which trick you eating the bad stuff)
But this year it's worse...
I suspect that is because you are tempting your body with good foods, so that it is 'woken up' to want more of that, but then again you are feeding it bad foods, so that its protests are likely to be louder.
Iris

Post by Iris »

RRM wrote:
Iris wrote:I'm still eating munch foods. ... I can't sleep at night,
... Every winter I have trouble with keeping up a healthy lifestyle, and then it gets easier when summer kicks in.
You seem to be serotonin-sensitive.
The good thing about that is that consistently eating a lot of egg yolks (and good fats and sufficient simple sugars) will have a good effect on you.
The downside of it is that you are more susceptible to beta-carbolines (which trick you eating the bad stuff)
Yes you're right about that! At least, that's exactly what I suspected, so it's good to "hear" you confirm it.
But this year it's worse...
I suspect that is because you are tempting your body with good foods, so that it is 'woken up' to want more of that, but then again you are feeding it bad foods, so that its protests are likely to be louder.
And simulteneously the cravings are more difficult to resist (as the beta-carbolines effects are more severe too)? This is how it feels, but am I right about the cause here?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'd suggest you take out the munch foods completely and see what changes occur. Regarding cravings going 100% is much easier (after the beginning) than 99%.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Yeah, I figured that would be best..... Don't know how I can manage to do that, but I think I have no choice now do I :(
Iris

Post by Iris »

Hello all!

I wanted to let you all know how I'm doing nowadays :D
Overall I'm feeling a lot better. When I began eating more strict I somehow didn't like the taste of salmon, but after a few days the taste got better. I first thought the salmon itself was to blame, but I think it was my own screwed up taste :roll: . Anyway I got it back. Same for yolks. I started with 8 yolks, but it didn't taste as great as it could. So I went down to 6, and that seems fine. I am a bit dissapointed I am not loosing weight yet. I still don't fit into my clothes, which is very frustrating. But I'm to stubborn to get myself new ones. So I'm doomed to wear sportclothes and t-shirts :oops: Well I'm hanging on to the thought that sooner or later I will be able to wear a tight pants again and feel good about myself (well, all my pants are very tight right now, but you know what I mean :lol:). But it realy sucks right now! But maybe it's a good lesson.
The weather is wonderfull and it makes me feel very happy! So I find walking way easier nowadays and I realy enjoy it. I think I am addicted :lol: I sometimes walk 3 hours a day, but most days 2. It is so much fun when I take my dog with me. He is so crazy, the weirdo :P Last week he had an injured leg so he couldn't accompany me and walking was so incredibly boring! He realy makes the difference for me. I'm even thinking about getting another one. In fact, I'm going to Belgium tommorow to visit one. Anyway, back to my diet which I am here for :D (sorry :oops: )

I'm thinking about buying an water ice mall and make myself some frozen fruit ice. Just blend some fruit (for example strawberries and raspberries), put some sugar in it to make it somewhat more sweet and put it in the freezer. Is this ok? I think it shouldn't be a problem?

My diet mainly consists of apples right now, besides some oranges. And then ofcourse salmon and yolks. But still next to no juice.....
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It should be fine.

So how does the strictness go?
Iris

Post by Iris »

It goes weel some times, but then after a while I fall back again and eat grains again :roll: So, kind of on and off actually :wink:

I did manage to loose some weight though, which I'n very very very happy with :D

Some months ago, I was feeling really sick. This was in a "good period" :o so I didn't eat any "junk". But I couldn't eat any fruits either. It tasted horrible to me. Even strawberries and raspberries (my favorite fruits, I absolutely love them) made me sick to my stomach. It repulsed me, made me feel like throwing up.... It made me eel sick as a whole. All other fruits the same story.... I tried eating different things, and finally I noticed salmon tasted good. Very good! It felt good too, in contrast to fruit. So I ended up eating about 650 grams of salmon a day (that was the max of what I could eat) and a few carrots (which I normally don't like at all, but now tasted fine :? ). Like instanly I didn't feel sick anymore. But as soon as I ate any fruit, the ill feeling came back. Weeks after feeling really ill, I still couldn't eat fruit. Very slowly, it got better. Last week I suddenly craved pineapples realy bad, so I bought a bunch of them and ate one each day. Now my taste is as good as normal again, just as soon as this appeared, it disappeared again.
I never had this reaction to any food before. Anybody any idea what I could have been?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, that is very interesting!
Honestly i dont have a clue.
Im just wildly speculating. Maybe your body was fighting something that feeds
on glucose or fructose. And maybe it needed a lot of beta-carotene and/or vitamin E
and/or omega 3 fats to fight it.
Did you try egg yolks?