New here!

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Iris
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

New here!

Post by Iris »

Since I'm new here, I thought it would be appropriate to introduce myself. But first I want to so I'm so thankfull you guys (RRM, Oscar, and Wai in the past) running this awesome forum (and everyone else who makes it what it is)!!! It gave me so much support the last few years, I really don't know what I should have done without this board and the book. Finding the book, the site and this board truely is the best thing that ever happened to me! It may sound kind of silly, but I really mean that!
As said, I'll tell you something about myself. I'm 23 years old, live in Holland with my mother, her 3 cats and my own dog (a Great Dane, and he is so sweet!!! Maybe I can get a picture of him up here sometimes) I used to study International relations and organizations, but I had to drop out, when I was 37 kg. Now I want to begin an other study, something more related to nutrition. But first I have some more recovering to do.

I found Wai's book while searching the internet for information on healthy nutrition. After reading the book for the fist time it took me some time to get used to the idea of eating this way. I thought I could never pull that off. But as I didn't like the taste of almost everything you are "suppost to eat", I finally decided to give it a try. So now approximaly one year later, I have been say half a year on, and the other half off the diet. This is going to be a very loooooong introduction this way. I'll try to keep it short. Basicly, I've been struggling whith diets all my life. When I was a teenager I used to be a little overweight. I alway felt so groce. I felt like I was trapped in the wtong body. It wasn't who I was. I thought it was due to "emotinal eating" (my vader is an alcoholist who used to beat us up every day...) (now I suspect I'm just very very sensitive to those opoid peptides.... or both...) Anyway, when I was 16 I got out of my vader's home, and since then my weight dropped slowly. Then I fel from one eating disorder in the other. First boulimia. After that I managed to keep my weight and my eating habbits under control for a couple off years. But inside I was struggling with my past, and had no one to talk to. So I got worse emotionally, without even noticing it myself. I blamed myself for evertyhing wrong in my life, and that of others. Even for the problems I had with my dad, even though I knew that made no sense at all. And also I was repeating to myself what my father always told me. That I was useless, and way to fat! When I still Lived with him, he had times when I wasn't allowed to eat, and he always commented on the size of my portion I ate at diner. Eventually I didn't want to live anymore, and I chose a way I already knew; starving myself, to death. Hadn't I been forced to get to a hospitall (been there twice) I wouldn't be alive right now. After being released for the second time I was actualy glad I'd made it. But then.... I had to put on weight. At my thinnest I was 27 kg (I'm 1.73 m.) so that was quite a struggle. Soon I dropped back in an old nasty habbit I swore I'd never do again..... Eating everything I could get my hands on, en afterwards running to the toilet.... I realy am ashamed about this, and I hate myself for not being able to swear it off. Even now I'm not 100% "clean". But I know one day I'll be where I want to be... 100% wai.

It's a bit a chaotic story, sorry for that. Anyway, good part is that I've got my whole family to eat healthier. When I was that thin, I wasn't used to all those taste enhancers and toxins, so I could realy taste them. Everything "they" told me to eat tasted bad. I just didn't believe that it could be good for me. I remember the first piece of pie my mother brought me on her birthday. It tasted awefull!!! I thought it would taste so good, boy was that a disapointment!!! So as soon as I could, I begin searching the internet. Unfortunately, I was already hooked on those things again before I found Wai's book. I realy wish I never learned to eat that s**t again! But my whole experience got my 3 bothers and my moher convinced about the iompotance of one's diet. My mom is 100% wai now, and one brother almost is (let's say he does some munch food sometimes). The oldest eats everything he is suppost top, but also some things he'd better leave out. But he gets his raw yolks and salmon (but for him it's more because off lazyness (he has no "time" to cook...), and where he lives (amsterdam) it's easy to get), and lots off fruit.

As I said, it's a kind of messy story, but I hope it wasn't to boring :lol:
I'm really looking forward to reading and posting a lot more here! And if there are any questions, feel free to ask :)

(One question; RRM, is it ok to post a picture here?)
RRM
Administrator

Re: New here!

Post by RRM »

Wow, thank you for sharing your story with us.

Iris wrote:Even now I'm not 100% "clean". But I know one day I'll be where I want to be... 100% wai.
You dont have to. Maybe you feel perfectly well while not doing it 100%. I mean, dont make it an issue. Just wait and see where your body guides you to. Though it is true that this diet is sooo much easier when you do it 100%.
It's a bit a chaotic story, sorry for that.
Dont apologize; its a perfectly clear and open story.
My mom is 100% wai now, and one brother almost is (let's say he does some munch food sometimes).
Wow!!!
I hope it wasn't to boring
Actually, its fascinating. Thank you!
Its always inspiring to read stories like yours.
Sure!!!
I always like pics.

PS: i will move this thread to "Diet Diaries" after you have posted your next post.
Iris

Re: New here!

Post by Iris »

Thank you RRM! I'm glad it's nice reading ;)
Iris wrote:Even now I'm not 100% "clean". But I know one day I'll be where I want to be... 100% wai.
You dont have to. Maybe you feel perfectly well while not doing it 100%. I mean, dont make it an issue. Just wait and see where your body guides you to. Though it is true that this diet is sooo much easier when you do it 100%.
That's just it, I do feel so much better when doing it 100%. Happier, cleaner, more satisfied with myself..... But as I said, I know one day I'll get there.
My mom is 100% wai now, and one brother almost is (let's say he does some munch food sometimes).
Wow!!!
And the best part is, my brother was in a deep depression, but since he changed his diet, he totaly turned around. After doing nothing for 6!!! years, living as a zombie, he started living again, and he's so much hapier and nicer now!
I hope it wasn't to boring
Actually, its fascinating. Thank you!
Its always inspiring to read stories like yours.
Thank you!!!
Sure!!!
I always like pics.
Great, I'll post some!
PS: i will move this thread to "Diet Diaries" after you have posted your next post. :wink: :wink:
Sure, no problem. I doubted myself about where to place it, so....
Iris

Post by Iris »

Oke, here some pictures of my sweet giant puppy dog. He's my "schoothondje", which means he always sits on my lap :lol: He doesn't seem to realize he's a bit heavy :wink:

And one of the few I have of myself with him

And then our cats

yeah, he actualy enjoys this :roll:

I couldn't choose which pictures where best, cause I have so many of them, so it's maybe a bit much. So I hope you like to watch them just as much as I do :D
fictor

Post by fictor »

Lovely pictures! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Wow, they are beautiful!!!
Iris

Post by Iris »

Thank you Fictor and RRM! That's very kind to say :D
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

Please have a warm Welcome from me to this awesome community Iris!

You sound like a very nice person, its great to have you here. :)

So it looks like youve been lurking around the board for some time.

It was high time to come out of the shades. :)
Iris

Post by Iris »

Thank you Ducky for your warm welcome :wink: You seem very kind too! :lol:
Yes I've been reading here for quite some time now, but due to negative experiences with discussion boards in the past choose to stick to reading first. But the absence of all that negativaty here finally got me to sign up anyway :wink:
Iris

Post by Iris »

Tomorrow I'm going to make a new start with the wai-diet :D I'll be doing 100%, at least, that's the intention... I realy hope I can make it happen. I just have to!!!

I'm going to drink juice all day, and at diner time some pieces of fruit and salmon. It's easier for me if I begin with a meal at diner time, even though it's best to just eat tiny bits at a time. I also hope my taste for yolks comes back soon. When I eat them now, they don't taste good, but I know it's because of my screwed taste I have at the moment. Last time on wai, I ate more and more of them. At realy active days, I even went up to 12 a day, and like 125 grams of salmon as well!!! And then even losing weight!!! But that's way too much for me now.

It's strange... Normally when I'd start a diet, I'd look up against it, not wanting to start. But now I feel exited :D I'm looking forward to feeling better, healthier, more energetic and happier again, and also looking better again!!! And I'd loooove to eat all those yummy foods again.... Thinking about it, it's just rediculous it's so hard at times. But I know cravings fade. They did when I ate only coocked vegetables a few years ago :oops: :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
fictor

Post by fictor »

Good luck to you with trying to go 100% :)

Looking foreward to hear about your progress!
Iris

Post by Iris »

Thanks Fictor :wink:

Yesterday went well, exactly as I planned :D I did eat quite a lot, but not too much at all. In total I ate:

1 mango
2 apples
3 mandarins
125 grams berries, what are they called again? those small red ones....
4 slices of dried pineapple
125 grams blueberries
I think about 120 grams salmon (don't know the exact amount; I'm staying with my brother and he doesn't have an kitchen scale..... But he bought some salmon especially for me, and ate some of it himself...)
5 yolks
juice of 1 lemon
small bottle of orange juice

I was surprised I felt like eating yolks. Not that I really felt I had to have them (as I often did last time) but they didn't raise my aversion either.

I didn't even think about food a lot yesterday. Kept myself busy with doing groceries, reading (what else to do in the train......) and at night catching up with my brother whom I haven't seen in a while. So yesterday was a good day. I hope today will go by just as well. I have a full schedule planned, so I should be fine :lol:
What I did notice was that I had troubles falling asleep.... So I ended up reading, again. Finally I fell asleep at 3.00 am I think.

Got to go now, will report about today tomorrow :)
Ducky

Post by Ducky »

So you are starting your 100% just before Christmas and all? :D

Im trying to go 100% myself, pretty hard with all these temptations.

My last temptation is in the school, where i go now for the next 2 years,
i have free lunch. Just right now when i found this diet. :roll:

I have the right for four fruits if i dont take dessert and entree, and thats good.
And there is fish everyday but of course its cooked.
So i feel like a criminal if i eat a little cooked fish from time to time. :)

Ah its so hard. Its the fact also to choose between eating all alone or eating
with my class mates. Yes i could eat only fruits with them too but its a bit
odd.

Other than that i eat 3 yolks every night mixed with sugar,little salt and the walnut oil you told me about. Its so delicious you should try it.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Hehe, glad you like it!
Actually I don't see it as if I'm not allowed to eat delicious things with Christmas. When I'm asked what my favorite food is, I'll answer fish, fruit and yolks anyway ;) I just eat what I feel like at the moment actually, but it is 100%. Besides, I don't want to feel like crap when all my brothers are there, and we're having a good time. So, I also started now on purpose. But you shouldn't feel so guilty about not doing it 100%. Remember I did this before, so I know what my pitfalls are and what works for me (and what this diet can do!). Thereby, for me it's also easier because my mother is also 100%, and 2 of my brothers eat a lot of wai-food too. Then there is just one brother and his girlfriend left at Christmas, who eat "normal foods". I'd say do what makes you feel best. If that's eating with the rest, then you can, and enjoy it. If you'd rather want to eat fruit, you also can. People will think all kinds of things, but they will anyway. But I know that's hard to do. For me it was a whole learning proces. But now I don't care anymore. Please don't beat yourself up for it, Ducky!!! (Said by the nr1 MissBeatingherselfuptillthere'snoselfrespectleft.... So much easier to know what other people should do huh! :roll: )
Iris

Post by Iris »

No troubles yesterday either. As said had a lot to do, which makes it so much easier for me to just as a routine drink juice and at "diner" some fruit/yolks/salmon. I went to get a haircut. It turned out as a half metamorphosis, which made me feel realy good. Did some shopping, and at night we went to see a movie, and after that I was so tired (not that the movie was that boring, hehe :lol:) I had no trouible sleeping last night either.
I took a bit more (!) salmon and yolks yesterday, because I did feel a tiny need to eat some other stuff, but not stronger than the need for Wai-food. Nevertheless, I felt it might be because my body is dying to get some good cholesterol and vit. D. So this is what I ate yesterday:

small bottle of gauarana-acerola juice (tasted really good actually!!!)
1 mango
1 apple
125 grams raspberries
65 grams of those red berries again
1 pear
190 grams salmon
7 yolks

Right now my whole need for devilish non-wai food food is completely gone. Don't feel hungry either. Overall I feel pretty good right now! So I'm content.