Roocious's battles

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Roocious
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Roocious's battles

Post by Roocious »

I started Wai almost 2 months ago now and have been 100% for about 1 month. I've had many many problems, and also many many good days.

I start this because I seem to be doing really bad - so I shall journal my days and problems in order to get help from many who have been successful.

Thanks.
Roocious

May 16

Post by Roocious »

I've been running into some huge problems these past days:

Yesterday I was reading some threads about teeth - which inclined me to check mine. I realized that mine were starting to become somewhat transparent and I could see an outline of the dentin inside the tooth. This has caused a great deal of worrying - and I now feel even some pain in my teeth (not entirely sure if this is somewhat psychological).

Today while checking my teeth again - I noticed that my tongue was white! And from what I've already read I instantly knew that this was from candida, which would only make sense - since I've had diarrhea for the past 4 or 5 days (although its been getting better). also - I've been a bit sluggish and depressed.

This is really discouraging - at the beginning of the week/ end of the last week I was in the best shape ever - my face was totally clear - I was happy, keeping my weight steady. These new problems I am sure are the cause of some new break outs and bumpy skin.

My question is - (maybe RRM, Oscar, some of you other successful ones can answer this) Can Candida (especially if it has entered the mouth) cause the remineralization process to change? From what I've learned the by-products of candida are toxic and alcoholic (does this also mean that they are acidic?) If I have an eruption on the tongue - would this mean that it is what could be causing a great deal of my teeth problem?

Another thought is that my oranges might not be fully ripened?
Could these both be a bad combination?

Today I'm sticking with avocado, small amounts of fruit (no citrus), and lots of water. This seemed to work on my first diarrhea run which I assumed was also candida.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

I had a cucumber, and just had 2 egg yolks

I feel paranoid, and scared for my teeth and candida problem.

All I feel I can do is drink water, sleep, and do my best to relax.

My teeth hurt more and more, as I am breaking out more and more. Weeks of hard work to become almost 100% clear all down the drain :(.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

Doing much better this morning - no pain, not paranoid - waking up to see the new damage to my face kind of sucks, but it wont get any better being depressed about it.

Just ate a cucumber, and drinking lots of water still - while staying away from sugary and acidic stuff

Hoping to get some feedback from some of you on what exactly I should do - is sticking with cucumber, avocado, egg yolk, and water a bad idea? My idea is similar to a water fast (don't feed the yeast by not feeding myself)

Trying to be as positive as I can.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The white tongue could be Candida, but it doesn't have to be. You could go to a dentist and ask. If you do have Candida, there is a thread which handles about it and what to do about it.

Making sure your body gets all the nutrients and energy it needs, as well as sleeping enough, is the best way to ensure a speedy recovery. A fast is usually not the way to go about things, because you could also slow down or inhibit the healing process.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

I have been eating closer to normal now, less super sugary things, and more of tomatoes and cucumbers.

My teeth seem to be doing better

I know this isn't wai, but I've been chewing orbit sugar free gum (despite the other things in it) to induce more saliva production to help my teeth.

Also drinking everything with a straw and have introduced coconut oil as well as coconut (said to be anti-fungal) and is also good for the fats :)

Seeing the doctor tomorrow about candida.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

Things were looking up for a while

I was eating mostly fat and drinking water (although was'nt getting enough calories) and did'nt have a good deal of energy - but the tongue thrush was going down. Now the past 2 days I've been eating more fruits and fats. Today I feel I did a great job at energy managing - but it seems this is the worst my tongue has been since it started. I don't get it.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Is it only your tongue or is there also white stuff elsewhere?
summerwave

thrush

Post by summerwave »

You may paint it with Lugol's Iodine at night (perhaps this belongs in another thread), if you do resort to non-dietary means. You may do this for several months.

And you may treat the Candida as well. There is a lot of information on here about that, if that is indeed the problem.

The Lugol's will stain your teeth a bit over time...
The Toothsoap I use exacerbated thrush on the tongue when I brushed at night. The kind I used had honey in it, and it is very basic (a basic soap), not acidic. Having a basic pH in the mouth along with simple sugars seemed to be the worst things possible for overnight Candida growth in the mouth, so I stopped brushing at night with it.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

Oscar - it is tongue and cheeks

and have had dirrhea + tons of weird noises coming from the insides (not really pain though), lots and lots of gas.
Roocious

Post by Roocious »

I've been thinking a lot - as well as observing - and I really think the excess fat is playing some role.

The past few days I've been having a great deal of fat (more than sugar) and I've been eating less sugary fruits - and it's only gotten worse. Having too much fat makes sense - if sugars (in fruits) are the simplest energy, and the energy in fats takes longest to break down (in our diet at least) it would only make sense to eat things that are broken down faster and get to the body faster. I'm not entirely sure, but - fats last in the blood stream longer, as well as induce a larger insulin response, meaning it takes sugars longer to get to cells (insulin). I know that there was an argument that oil and fat+sugar was a bad thing and was shot down, but I think having too much fat in correlation to blood sugar problems/ candida makes a great deal of sense - AS long as blood sugar does not spike. (which is what RRM says in a way often)

Looking back - I didn't have any problems for the first 1.5 months of 100% wai when I wasn't eating a great deal of oils and nuts, the only problem was not eating enough. I shall try lowering the fat levels and see what happens.
summerwave

fat + sugar + candida

Post by summerwave »

I posted on here some time ago about just this.

I learned in treating Candida-- which you are still not sure you have, so this is simply observational-- that I used the simplest sugars (monosaccharides like fructose and glucose, which go right into the bloodstream without being broken apart the way, say, sucrose (a disaccharide) would be) most successfully, with a minimum of oil added to juice drinks.

Why? Because it was easiest to monitor my intake and take in only what I needed this way. In other words, it was the simplest, most direct feedback.

Since I craved sugar more than anything (and it was very easy to over-ingest the juice I made; I had to exercise a lot of restraint) I kept drinking until I got the right (and often excessive) amount from my juice bottle; the fat added calories, so I was over-imbibing calories.

I learned to sip just the right amount by using sugars only; and monosaccharide beverages only (grape juice; cherry juice; kiwifruit juice; glucose or fructose or honey added): these are all high in simple sugars and low in sucrose.

It was a long process of feedback and restraint getting it right.

But it worked.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Okay, tongue and cheeks sounds more suspicious. Is there any way you could post (a) picture(s)?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What did the doctor say?
Any test results?