My current diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Maia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My current diet

Post by Maia »

Hi Mr PC, it is very interesting what you write about Kuwait! Always interesting to read about other countries and other peoples experiences! :)

Be careful with the ceramic knife!! Me and my boyfriend got one recently and it is very easy to accidentally cut your fingers with it if you have a clumsy nature. (like yours truly...:P)

Have you found any exotic fruits there in Kuwait?
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I've tried a cactus fruit which pricked my fingers, and left pins in me for the rest of the day. Two days ago my Iranian friend who runs a fruit shop gave me this new fruit, but we stopped by his house after on the way to the beach, and he put it in his fridge. While we were out his sister came by and threw the fruit out!

So hopefully next week I'll get a chance to try it; he said it's super sweet and creamy tasting.

My ceramic knife now has a couple chips/dents in the blade. Isn't that unusually if it is supposed to be a super strong material?
dime

Post by dime »

It's not super strong, it's super stiff which means it's hard to make it less sharp, but it breaks easily. Unlike steel knife for example, which is softer and more elastic, but with time it easily loses sharpness.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So recently I've been drinking either 2 or 3 litres of juice per day (I'm hoping to keep it at 3), as well as about 4 bananas, 8 smallish tomatoes, an avocado, and maybe a cucumber or two, with 5 eggyolks at night.

The omega 3 eggs here are super expensive, and often impossible to find, so I'm thinking of going out for Sushi once a week in place of that. I think I've gained weight in the past month (which is good for me). Strange though, even after eating all that (and rice) I still feel hungary.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

May seem like a silly question; my new apartment came with a giant metal post, which is a good size for putting my peeled/sliced up oranges in while I prepare them for juicing. Will the metal in any way harm the oranges? I've read it can give things a metallic taste, but nothing about health/leaking into foods.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I dont know.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So recently I've been doing a LOT of walking (as in going for 2 - 5 hour walks, and sometimes walking all day).

The other day I was in Rome on a 17 hour airplain transfer; I arrived late evening and was leaving at noon the next day. Rather than booking a hostel I decided to walk around the city all night, and maximize my time there, but after a while my knees and left foot became sore. My knees have gotten sore from walking other times, especially in Thailand where I avoided taxies as much as possible.

So I'm wondering about 3 things,
1 - Any general advice on healing? I assume get as much sleep as possible.
2 - What exersises can I go to help this / prevent future harm. Should I do stretches etc. that strengthen the muscles while causing minimal stress on ligaments? What kind of exersises would these be?
3 - Is this kind of walking bad for long term health, even though I'm young (mid 20s) and otherwise healthy?

Thanks
dime

Post by dime »

1 - time
2 - the best exercise to prevent this is walking. Stretching offers no benefit for walking and can only cause injury
3 - yes it may be bad if you're non-stop walking all day long for the first time in your life. If you have serious aches it's probably bad, you should slowly increase duration and difficulty so that you adapt and minimize damage
Mr. PC

My diet

Post by Mr. PC »

I have recently been eating salmon almost every night. It's expensive but I can afford it so I guess it's worth it. I'd be spending about $8 on salmon and $8 on OJ each day, with another $3 on eggs. Basically $20 a day on food which I think is triple what most people spend (what I used to spend).
RRM
Administrator

Re: My diet

Post by RRM »

Sure, but dont you think its money very well spend?
(there are so many less important things we spend our money on)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ok, I did number 1 and it seems to have worked. I'm also thinking I will buy new shoes.

I saw a dermatologist for the eczema I get on my nose today and she gave me Lotriderm cream,

Lotriderm cream contains two active ingredients, betamethasone diproprionate and clotrimazole.
Betamethasone diproprionate is a type of medicine called a topical corticosteroid.
Corticosteroids are medicines used for reducing inflammation. Inflammation of the skin happens as a result of allergy or irritation of the skin, and is caused by the release of various substances that are important in the immune system. These substances cause blood vessels to widen and result in the irritated area becoming red, swollen, itchy and painful, such as is seen in dermatitis or eczema.
When betamethasone is applied to the skin it works by acting inside the cells to decrease the release of these inflammatory substances. This reduces swelling, redness and itch. Betamethasone is a potent corticosteroid.
Clotrimazole is an antifungal medicine that kills fungi and yeasts by interfering with their cell membranes. It works by stopping the fungi from producing a substance called ergosterol, which is an essential component of fungal cell membranes. The disruption in production of ergosterol causes holes to appear in the fungal cell membrane. This kills the fungi and treats the infection.
Clotrimazole cream is used to treat a wide range of skin infections caused by fungi. These include infections with dermatophytes such as tinea, eg ringworm (tinea corporis), athlete's foot (tinea pedis), and jock itch (tinea cruris) and infections with yeasts such as candida, eg fungal nappy rash, sweat rash, or thrush affecting the outside of the vagina (vulva and labia) or the end of the penis.
The combination of medicines in Lotriderm cream is used to treat fungal skin infections where symptoms of inflammation, such as itching, require rapid relief.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/skin-and-hai ... z2SLmszj4i
Follow us: @NetDoctor on Twitter | NetDoctorUK on Facebook

I'm only going to use it on the right side of my nose so I can compare how / whether it is effective. The directions say to 'gently massage into skin' but I don't know whether that means to rub it in until it has absorbed, or if I should allow a white glop to be there (maybe I've put on too much).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:I saw a dermatologist for the eczema I get on my nose today and she gave me Lotriderm cream
Something like that usually comes back.
In general, only dry skin can get irritated to such an extend that it resembles eczema.
Topical corticosteroids may pretty much destroy all the cells that they come in contact with, thus also eliminating the inflammation / irritation.
Prolonged use will leave your skin very vulnerable, due to the peeling effect.
Instead, you may apply vaseline.
It prevents any dryness and irritation drastically, allowing the skin to recover under that protective layer.
Only a thick and resistant fatty substance like vaseline has these properties.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Yes after years I'm starting to think it is worth it. Especially as I'm doing a lot (getting better at guitar and learning Russian) when I'm eating well, wheras when I'm not I tend to waste a lot of time.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

молодец ;)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Topical corticosteroids may pretty much destroy all the cells that they come in contact with, thus also eliminating the inflammation / irritation.
Do you have reference that supports this statement ?