My current diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My current diet

Post by Mr. PC »

I just thought I'd post what my diet has currently evolved into,and get feedback.

On days when I get to stay home I usually wake up around 10-11-12ish. I usually eat a banana gradually while I boil the kettle go pee etc. I than cut up an avocado and have it with a (weak) tea with white sugar and whipping cream (35% fat). Sometimes I'll use store-bought almond milk if I have it or a mixture of both.

*I love to put the avocado in my mouth and than take a sip of the tea than bite into the avocado and feel all the sugar mix into it in my mouth :)

I usually have a second tea re-using the same bag. I really just want an excuse to have warm sugar-water with cream. If I have lots of ripe avocados I'll mush another one up with banana.

In the afternoon I'll thaw a fish (I get frozen supermarket). First in warm water and than I'll break it up and put it into an olive-oil/unsalted-butter/lemon-juice soup. I might eat a couple of egg-yolks after this, and rest for a half hour. (Actually I've probably been on the computer all day).

By now I usually have to go somewhere (mostly work) so I'll take a carton of Tropicana (usually) orange juice mixed with olive oil. I'll sip on this and maybe have a couple of Brazil-nuts (pre-shelled, 'raw' unsalted). Also I might have chewed on Hubba Bubba gum (with sugar, no Aspartame).

When I get home I'll probly have another banana, and a munch food

(no salt spaghetti with tomato-sauce, chives, pepper, olive-oil, butter, hopefully using rice noodles but sometimes wheat noodles, [maybe a bit of cheese]).

(salad with lettuce, carrot, olive-oil, apple, cucumber, [maybe a bit of cheese] and 'Rene's Caesar Dressing'. Or instead of Rene's I might use my home-made olive-oil/balsamic-vinegar/lemon dressing)

(half-boiled potatoes with tons of butter/olive-oil and pepper.)

than 2 or 3 more egg-yolks before I go to bed.

Now busy days are much different. I'll wake up and have my banana, grab a tea and maybe bring an avocado with my to cut up at school. I'll bring my 1.89L Tropicana with OO, and probly munch on the Brazil Nuts and maybe Carots/dates/raisins if it's a long day. Sometimes I end up buying a coffee while I'm out, and occasionally I'll break down and get a slice of pizza (which they MICROWAVE!). This I of course try to avoid.

I'm kindof embarrassed actually. I've been pseudo-Wai for over a year now, and I feel I should be able to eliminate all these bad foods.

Anyways the other part is that every Sunday night I go to my friend Jeff's house. He's a chef and always cooks some authentic (and spicy) food and we have an appropriate wine (usually red). His cooking is the best thing I've ever eaten, but he puts everything evil in it. I try to get him to cut back the salt but he refuses.

Strangely I'm 6'2" and still weight 120lbs, all the fat I eat, plus 1.89L of juice a day, and those munch foods, I don't understand why I don't gain weight. Oh I'm also taking 1tbsn of Omega3 a day (just until my bottle runs out, than I won't buy any more.)

So I was just wondering, any ideas about when I'm at Jeff's? I think that's my number one concern.
Also, what do you think of my diet in general. Maybe rate it out of 10?

Thanks and sorry for the long post.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Its really hard for me to comment on this,
because for me, there are many things i would do very differently, naturally.
So, its like asking a vegetarian to tell you what kind of meat you can eat best.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Well it's not as bad as it sounds there actually. Like I haven't had pizza in a month.

Today all I've had was 2 bananas, 2 avocado, 1 tea-with-cream, Orange Juice with OO, Raw Frozen Salmon with OO, butter, pepper. The bad things I put in that list are sometimes foods whereas the way foods were constant.

Would you say it's correct that the number one thing for me to work on is the cheese and Rene's Caesar dressing? (which come to think of I haven't had in maybe 2 weeks).

Personally I'm most concerned with Jeff's Sunday meal. I read you posting about something like 'acne is created in a minute and can last a week' in a workout thread, and I imagine the same holds true to diet as working out. So if I'm eating healthy(er) 6 days a week, and on Sunday I eat something my body isn't used to, I imagine that will definitely be a significant increase for acne; more so by far than my daily munch foods.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Oh, also I meant to ask, what would you rate my diet from 1 to 10. So the acne-sample diet, or strict Wai diet are 10, and 1 is McDonald's and processed foods. 4 maybe 3 home-cooked meals a day and 6 maybe raw vegetarian?

Also, assuming eating something unhealthy once a week is more likely to cause acne than spreading it out over the week, is it worse for health in general?

And can acne/skin be said to be an accurate reflection of a person's general health?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Would you say it's correct that the number one thing for me to work on is the cheese and Rene's Caesar dressing? (which come to think of I haven't had in maybe 2 weeks).
That depends on what your goals are.
We all have different goals. The reasons why we do this diet,
what we expect from it and what we want to achieve;
So, what good is for you, and what you should do,
totally depends on what you want.
if I'm eating healthy(er) 6 days a week, and on Sunday I eat something my body isn't used to, I imagine that will definitely be a significant increase for acne; more so by far than my daily munch foods.
It doesnt have to be that way.
In my experience you can very often get away with eating something (very) bad
if you have been 100% strict for weeks priorly, and are so again after having eaten something bad.
Whereas if i eat only a tiny little bit of bad stuff daily / regularly,
if will certainly get acne after doing so for a couple of days.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Oh, also I meant to ask, what would you rate my diet from 1 to 10. So the acne-sample diet, or strict Wai diet are 10, and 1 is McDonald's and processed foods. 4 maybe 3 home-cooked meals a day and 6 maybe raw vegetarian?
Im sorry, i cannot do that.
The reason: maybe this version of the diet that you are doing now is a perfect 10 for you.
Maybe it totally fits with what you want and get.
Everybody is different, and everybody has different goals.
Also, assuming eating something unhealthy once a week is more likely to cause acne than spreading it out over the week
Its actually the other way around, except for pure salt.
, is it worse for health in general?
About the same, i think (depending on quantities, of course)
And can acne/skin be said to be an accurate reflection of a person's general health?
Acne? No.
Skin in general? to some extend. (some diseases may not get reflected in the condition of your skin)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So do you agree that having an extreme workout 1 day a week is more likely to cause acne than doing localized workouts? Wasn't this because of the shift in water-retention?

So I can be strict 6 days a week and maybe my Sundays won't have too detrimental an affect?
Any ideas on what I could do to reduce my Sunday side-effects? Would drinking Tropicana orange-juice (because of the naturally low-mineral water in it) help wash out some bad stuff?

The reason I'm on this diet is mostly because of my repetitive-strain injury in my wrists, which I have had a huge improvement on because of this diet (thankyou so much btw), and I want to maximize how much I can play piano.
Although I would be happy to have my acne improve; I've noticed my skin getting really soft as a side effect of the diet and thought it would be nice if the dry-redness on the sides of my nose would go away. It has become less extreme since starting the diet but hasn't gone away.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:So do you agree that having an extreme workout 1 day a week is more likely to cause acne than doing localized workouts? Wasn't this because of the shift in water-retention?
Its because of testosterone levels; testosterone release seems to be related to the intensity of work-outs.
So I can be strict 6 days a week and maybe my Sundays won't have too detrimental an affect?
Its possible, yes.
Any ideas on what I could do to reduce my Sunday side-effects?
Dont eat raw fish / egg yolks on the same day.
Would drinking Tropicana orange-juice (because of the naturally low-mineral water in it) help wash out some bad stuff?
"Washing out" may only work a bit regarding high salt intake.
But your Sunday routine will have more effects than just a salt influx.
it would be nice if the dry-redness on the sides of my nose would go away. It has become less extreme since starting the diet but hasn't gone away.
Have you tried putting vaseline (petroleum jelly) on it daily?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Yes I was putting Vaseline on, and it worked very well, however about a week ago it made my skin a bit red and slightly irritated so I figured my skin might have changed and now absorbs it. I've with-held the Vaseline since then, maybe I can restart it again without these affects.

I usually only have OO around the house which I know is high vitamin E, coconut oil is really expensive over the net and I never see it in stores.

I've considered using a plant/seed-oil even though they have toxins. Would the toxins from seeds have a worse or better effect than the high vitamin E; or does this depend entirely on the individual. Would mixing the two be better?

My nose just seems to be constantly dry and constantly peeling, for the last 10 years it seems.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

What about Omega3 fish oil? Other than being pricey. Moleculerly distilled so there is no mercury. Would it make me smell like fish? I wonder if I put it on at night if I'd smell like fish in the morning.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:I figured my skin might have changed and now absorbs it.
No absorption, but yes, there may be an allergic like response.
Please retry, or something else 'buttery', like coconut-butter.
Yes, you can also try other plant oils.
Mr. PC wrote:Would it make me smell like fish?
Smell it.
Does it smell like fish?
No? Then it will not.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

For the last week-ish I've been having insane hunger. It started after I had 2 days in a row of no munch-food at all; I was gonna post and brag about it. But ever since than I've been so hungry; I feel like I could eat a stick of butter and not be satisfied. Last night there was a small bowl or rice and vegetables left over, so I took half of it with butter and olive oil, thinking it would be enough. But it wasn't and I didn't have anything fatty in the house accept fish, which I didn't want to eat because I'd had something pertinacious and some munch food already.

Anyways my point I went back and had the second half of the bowl and cut a gigantic chunk of butter and half-filled the bowl with olive oil. It was actually disgusting how fatty it was, but I ate it and still wanted more fat.

The problem is also that if I'm hungry I can't sleep, or I would've just gone to bed. But I'm also noticing too-much munch-food and I can't sleep.

My gut instinct is that I need fat but I of course can't be totally certain of this. I have a BMI of 15, which might mean something. If nothing else it makes me scared of being hungry.

(I wasn't sure whether to start a new post or put it here since it seems to be my 'diet diary', and I don't like to make too many new posts. It seems a little greedy.
Iris

Post by Iris »

Whow. Obviously your body needed the oil really bad. So I think you should increase your oil consumption, indeed. Also, your body must have been trying to tell you you needed more oil before this "monster craving" kicked in. So try to recognize these signs earlier on so you can listen to it. Listening to your body is crucial for this diet, I think (but needs some practise :wink: )
Iris

Post by Iris »

Oh, I forgot about the sleep-thing :oops:
I think (but I might be so wrong here :oops: ) the trouble sleeping after eating much munch food might be caused by the "uppers" in that munch food. This (maybe icw excess energy/calories?) makes it very hard to fall asleep.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

The thing is though, that I always have more oil in my juice than necessary. Maybe 2 or 3 times the Wai recommendation; maybe more. (I really hate the taste of oil btw). I usually drink a 1.89L OJ and just poor in olive oil for a few seconds, never really measure it. My mom's worried that I'm gonna clog my arteries; which could only be an issue with the butter.

But thinking back, I've always liked fatty foods, like cheesy pizza, that canned spaghetti, poutine, wieners and beans with butter, cheese and crackers with chocolate. I still get those cravings.

I've been thinking of getting a better tasting oil, like maybe walnut or coconut oil, but the only times I've seen them they've been quite expensive. Like $10 for 250ml. Although I'm just thinking now that the price would probly compare to that of unsalted butter, and probly cheaper than raw unsalted butter, and probly cheaper than buying those nuts. So maybe I should buy them.

But I wish I could know if my body really wants (needs) more fat; being the obvious answer counts for nothing in my eyes.

Is there any kind of test to see if you are fat-deficient? Are there any other people who require the high amounts of fat I do?

It also seems the stronger I get (I was in bad health before starting the diet) the hungrier I get and therefor the harder it is for me to be strict. But I don't want to come off the diet because it's what made me strong, and I'm confident it will continue to make me stronger.