My current diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My current diet

Post by Mr. PC »

So I've been on the strict diet since the Wednesday before last, so 10 days now. I remember my wrists feeling better last time I did the acne sample diet. This isn't the sample diet because I have had raw beef, and I have 6 eggyolks on non-beef nights. I have noticed some new acne on my chest the last few days; is it possible to get acne from stress? I find I've been getting sick some some frequency this year.

Also, totally off-topic. I just need to vent about something.

There's someone who I've been in love with since I met him. He's completely wonderful, smart, and beautiful. I realized for sure this year that he's not attracted to me. We used to cuddle, wrestle, play footsies, read together. He's the only person I've ever been in love with like this before. Recently though he's growing apart from me, even though I still love him as much as ever. It's unbelievably painful. I want to move, partially because I can't take the hurt of knowing him. How do you cope with loving someone who doesn't love you? Anyone experienced this? I'm just writing this here because you guys don't know me IRL.

Oh, back on topic; I was at his place today, and there was nothing I could eat there, so I just drank water. Even though I haven't broken the strict diet, I went all day until about 7:30pm without food. Will that affect the diet at all? Part of me is not thinking if I had a better complexion, he might have more feelings for me. Of course I know that's not true though.
dime

Post by dime »

It has happened to everyone, probably, to me it happened after a pretty long relationship.
I myself decided it's best to just move on and find someone else, otherwise it's so easy to get depressed because you don't get the same love back. It's just bad for you in so many ways. And it's also very hard for the partner too, to be with someone you don't love any more.

Talk to him openly and ask if he's interested in you. If not - move on, because it won't work for either of you.
Once you meet someone else, testosterone (or estrogen if you're female), dopamine, serotonin will all rise, you'll be happy and in the clouds and you'll completely forget about him ;)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Do you know if he's gay ?

You seem to to be unsure about his feelings.
In my experience, the biggest problem is the "being unsure" part.
Not only because it's frustrating in some sense, but also because sometimes people get sort of in love/addicted to the "being unsure" part.

Strange psychology, I know, but I've seen it many times.
I'm not a psychologist, but there is probably some model/explanation for this behavior.

If I could give you an advice, resolve this "being unsure" part.
Find out if he's gay, find out if he's attracted to you.
Send him an email. Ask a friend, or whatever. (I know, easier said than done... )
In my experience, people who truly resolved this "being unsure" part, not only had a much better time after that.
But also seemed to be less in love. (which can be a good or a bad thing of course ;) )
dime

Post by dime »

Kasper wrote:Do you know if he's gay ?
Well, "cuddle, wrestle, etc.", I think it's pretty clear :)

So yeah, it's best to get sure about his feelings. Invite him to a dinner, drink some nice wine and talk about it.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I know a lot of "straight" guys who are just in a nonsexual way touching each other all the time.
Including cuddling and wrestling.
But maybe I know a lot of people with strange human behavior :P

I thought that maybe he's straight, doesn't know you are gay...
Sometimes, such really complex situations do happen...
dime

Post by dime »

Kasper wrote: But maybe I know a lot of people with strange human behavior :P
Probably that's it :D But yeah, everything is possible.
I've never had any desire to touch or play or cuddle with guys (girls on the other hand.. :)) so maybe that's why it seems extremely unlikely to me.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If there is sugar or honey, at least sugar-water takes care of energy.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Oscar thinks, enough gay-talk...
back on topic.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Haha, sorry.

Ya; I used to d o sugar water all the time. I've avoided it because I end up not eating enough nutrients, but I guess I need to find that balance when there's no food.

I think I may be allergic to honey. I'm averse to the taste, and don't feel well after eating it.

He's straight, and he knows I'm gay. He even knows I'm in love with him; he's just very opened minded and I guess likes affection. I guess this is part of what has made me fall so in love. Some times I've wondered if he is gay and doesn't tell me; but I don't think that's true.

Anyway, I've done the strict diet for over 2 weeks not, and I still have acne, all over my back. I've been out in the sun, wearing 60 SPF banana boat sunscreen. I burn super easily, and somehow have burns all over my legs. I have to spend hours in the sun each day, mostly with no shirt, because of my summer job (I run a music camp where we go to the beach) and I get burnt really easily. My burns turn back into white skin when they fade, rather than tanning. I guess this means I'm super acne prone, which maybe means my skin will react to sunscreen, but also to getting burnt.

I really want to get rid of my acne now (and my cravings seem to be really bad today; didn't pack enough food / juice for work. I guess I'm using more energy at the camp).
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

If I go on the ASD, the diet says 5 eggyolks for tall men (I'm between 6' and 6'2''), but I'm really thin. I'm assuming it's still ok for me to eat 5 eggyolks?

I guess eating 100grams of raw beef rather than fish could be harmful in terms of ance. . .

When do you guys usually stop eating? I generally aim to have my eggyolks at 8:30, but often it's later because I'm out working etc. I get so hungry I never want to stop earlier than that.

I have no other option than to shower in regular tap water. Will that dry out my skin causing acne?

I'm afraid that even on the ASD I may have acne because of my tap water and sunscreen issue. Maybe I should just stop worrying about acne and think about finding someone who doesn't care.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So 29 days I've been strict, and now my acne seems almost gone. It was pretty bad yesterday, but has disappeared this morning.

On thing I've changed is reducing my 6 yolks to 5, and avoiding any salmon or raw beef. I guess this means my protein tolerance is low. But I've also noticed since reducing my protein that I need a lot more juice; maybe this indicates I was using protein as energy.

I also haven't been swimming the past few days, so no burns or sunscreen, and I'm house sitting, so my showering water is different than at home. Don't know if it's likely those factors had any affect.

I'm not 100% cleared up, but once I am, I wonder if I should try raw beef/salmon and see if it's ok. 50g would be a reasonable amount? Usually it comes in larger sizes, so maybe (supposing I get a 200g piece) I cut it in 4 and have it over 4 days? Should I then cut out my eggyolk? or reduce them?

I'd like to try my rice and veggies, but at the same time, maybe it's easier being strict than not. It's hard to cook small portions, and I find that having a small amount of cooked food leaves me wanted more. I think raw beef is a better treat.

But what I really miss is being able to go out for sushi. I used to take my guy out for all you can eat sushi, and we'd gorge ourselves (it's too expensive not to :) I'd generally eat a ton of Sashimi, which seemed to amuse the waitresses.

But maybe I can stick to making it at home, making it higher on avocados, and lower on salmon/rice.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

36 days no munch food. I still have cravings, in some ways this is easier and in some harder. Being strict means I simply don't consider whether I eat a munch food. On the other hand, I can't tell myself "you'll get rice later, resist".

Just wondering though, today (which is fairly typical) I hade 950ml OJ, 70ml (about I think) OO, 1 banana, 2 tomatoes, 2 avocados, 5 eggyolks. My only (significant) deficiencies I see are

Zinc, Zn........................................4.83527mg .........15.00mg
Vitamin B3, Niacin, Nicotinamide................9.20446mg .........19.00mg

are these anything to worry about? I don't want to increase my eggyolks for zinc.

Off topic again, I'm thinking of volunteering in the rainforest, hopefully teaching. I found this company, http://www.regnskog.no/hvor-vi-jobber

anyone know anything, have any experience with this kind of stuff? What do you guys think? I'd probably have to stop the diet and eat what the natives eat.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: Just wondering though, today (which is fairly typical) I hade 950ml OJ, 70ml (about I think) OO, 1 banana, 2 tomatoes, 2 avocados, 5 eggyolks. My only (significant) deficiencies I see are

Zinc, Zn........................................4.83527mg .........15.00mg
Vitamin B3, Niacin, Nicotinamide................9.20446mg .........19.00mg
They are on the low side, but still ok.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

If I'm having 100grams of Salmon once a week, will that make up my B3? I don't really understand how some nutrients are needed daily and some only weekly.

Everything that is high in Zinc is also high protein. I have Zinc vitamins, but will the benefits of Zinc outweigh the deficits of the vitamin pill?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm not sure what the minimum of Zinc and vit B3 is that you'd need/can get by with. The problem is that nobody knows exactly. The only way is to experiment, I suppose.
Some vitamins are stored (A, D, E, K and B12 for instance) and some aren't (like most B vitamins and C).