My current diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My current diet

Post by RRM »

Its why medical Drs prescribe only weak topical corticosteroids for thin-skinned and sensitive areas.
A well estabilished side effect is that long term use may lead to skin atrophy, due to excessive amount of death of skin cells.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ok, well I think I specifically have Seborrhoeic dermatitis; as a baby I had cradle cap and still get dandruff badly if I don't continually wash it. The medication I've been taking has been having a positive affect on the right side of my nose, but as you say it can thin-out / damage the skin in the long term.

Assuming it is Seborrhoeic dermatitis, is vaseline still the way to go, or is there something that specifically targets the cause of this disorder? Should I make sure to consume lots of biotin? (eggyolks). Maybe something that fights yeast?

I often wonder if the white stuff on my tongue, my red eyes with the crusty discharge, my dandruff and my nose are all symptoms of one thing.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Assuming it is Seborrhoeic dermatitis, is vaseline still the way to go
No, because seborrhoeic dermatitis is about an elevated production by the sebaceous glands.
Vaseline would make that worse, as the smallest blockade of sebum flow would further increase inflammations.
First, you need a proper diagnosis.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ok, well I mentioned it to my dermatologist, and she said it looks like seborrhoeic dermatitis (she's only looked at it, not any kind of testing.) Should I go by this? If not, what kind of testing do I need?

The drug she gave me is more or less effective, but she also told me the condition is chronic, and I will never cure it but only manage it (in which case I feel it's a bad idea to put a drug on my skin for the rest of my life, especially concerning your notes on the effects above).

I've noticed I can keep my scalp under control though constant washing and combing with a fine tooth comb everyday, using the comb to clean out any eccess dandruff, but keeping the skin on my nose very clean only seems to dry it out.
Mr. PC

Re: My diet

Post by Mr. PC »

Oscar, you speak Russian?
Oscar
Administrator

Re: My diet

Post by Oscar »

Нет, я не говорю по русский. ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

A proper diagnosis would involve examining a sample of your skin.
But if the Dr is not willing to do so, then try the vaseline approach. If its not seborrhoeic dermatitis, it may be the solution.
If it is, you will find out soon enough (as the condition will get worse)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Do you know the name of the diagnoses; I'm not sure what exactly to ask her and feel she may take it more seriously if I know exactly what test she needs to do.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No, i dont know the name.
Just ask her if she can take a sample and have it send to a lab for testing,
so that you may the exact nature of your condition.
Once you know the exact nature, you may find the best remedy.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ok, thanks RRM.

Another question. tonight I had eggyolks (only 6) and I feel a little sick to my stomache. I was feeling it as I ate them; one of those things where I should've listened to my body.

If I eat a piece of garlic in a situation like this, could it help?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Nah, if the egg was a bit bad, your body's defense needs to take care of that.
the stronger your defense, the less you will notice, and the less time it will take.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ya, I've only been eating 4 yolks a day mostly because I've been having so much salmon (350-400 grams almost every day), so maybe it was a combo of bad eggs and having not been eating very many recently. I was fine the next morning.

I started playing piano again yesterday. There's an electronics store nearby that lets me play their keyboard. I played forabout an hour and a half before my hands became a little soar, but I should've stopped earlier, because I feel weeker today. The skin on my wrists is also itchy (this always happens when I play piano). Strangely I can play a lot of guitar without issue. I've already exausted the topic of my wrists, so there's not really any question with it, just comment. I think my wrists have been healing faster since I started the diet, and I've had almost no pain this year until just yesterday when I started piano again. I almost feel as though I could lose my gloves if I were to stopped playing altogether.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Mr. PC, are you sure that your wrist pain is a matter of "sickness" and something that needs healing, and not just that you are using a piano technique which is using unnecessary tension of muscles?
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Maia; part of the reason I got the problem was that I was using bad technique. However now my technique is pretty good. I've worked with many teachers to try and aleviate it.

What I would love to do is have an Alexander Technique teacher help me with my piano technique.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So an update. These days I'm not playing piano at all, though some months ago I was offered a piano gig. I hadn't been playing any piano, but lots of guitar, and I took this gig though I was way out of practice. Somehow I managed to practice 8 hours, then 6 hours the next day plus 3 hours of performing. I was a little sore the following day, but only muscle sore. VERY bizarre, and my diet wasn't great; mostly frozen vegetables and eggs. Though I was eating duck and sme weird things my Russian roomate would cook.

This year I don't really need the gloves, though today in particular I somehow have nerve pain out of nowhere; I thing because of how I slept.

In general now I'm eating a lot of buckwheat, oatmeal, eggs (I try to eat the yolks raw and cook the white, but I live with a family so if they're around I'll cook the yolks as to not gross them out), olive oil (I try to saturate the buckwheat or oatmeal with it), a lot of dried fruits, maybe 4 or 5 oranges a day, and 3 or 4 bananas a day. I also drink a lot of coffee with high fat cream.

I know it's now a really terrible diet by wai standards, but I don't think there's anything really really bad, such as gluten or dairy (other than cream). I just find it's too difficult with my current lifestyle, and atm I'm really focusing on writing my balllet among other things.

I have two main questions

-how 'bad' is the cooked cholesterol from a fried egg in which the yolk is still soft (and not even reallly that hot).
-There is suppose to be some gluten contamination in both buckwheat and oatmeal, but I don't know how significant this is, or whether it's only a problem for allegies / celiacs etc.

I guess I'm going for the halfway diet (well not even halfway by wai standards; my goal is just to basically eat things that are good for my mind).