New here!

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Ferdinand
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: New here!

Post by Ferdinand »

That would be awesome! I hope to get a sim card for my phone so as to have contact with the outside world should I be away from internet. Trying to find the best way to go about that as a traveler, was recommend "SFR" which I guess is part of "Vodafone" but probably my best bet would be to go into a bigger (corporate) store and talk to someone-- just not sure if it would be better to get one sim card for all of europe, or individual ones for each country.

But I honestly would love to be able to put together a video explanation of the diet in a very concise way for people out there who might benefit from the diet but understand things better when they are "shown"...sort of how I am I guess haha But I'm not sure I'm as technically knowledgeable as you and RRM so it would be a real pleasure to meet the both of you!

I was fortunate enough to run into a family today who, after talking for a bit, insisted I come stay with them for awhile around the Cannes area. Now the challenge...how do I not eat the food without offending them! Je regrette, mais je suis allergique! And, sigh, I was "cornered" today in a kindly offered free meal, and I didn't want to be impolite and so ate a plate full of sodium loaded, damaged protein filled, bona fide, break out banquet.

Hopefully it won't be too bad come tuesday....(fingers crossed :-) )
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It depends where you go, but there are many internet cafes around.
Yeah, the french can be quite tight-assed about food, but maybe the south will be less 'bad' than the north in that respect.
When are you leaving?
Ferdinand

Post by Ferdinand »

Well, I finally left france, for now, stopping at a place called Cinque Terra, and am now in Florence. Very amazing so far! Went to the famous horse race in Siena yesterday....by the end of standing for 6 hours packed in...the people in my group were glad I stocked up on apples that morning :-) Yeah, I've noticed those cafes...even moreseo now that you've mentioned it. I think that's what I'll do in the future when I need to get online and don't have internet at the hostel, went to one with my friend as he needed to get on line the other day, and I think it would ultimately be cheaper then getting a prepaid data plan on my phone.

Sadly I have yet to find ANY avacodoes in italy! And I've subsequently "slipped" a few more times in trying to get enough calories by indulging in bread and oil when I couldn't get any immediate fruit and/or was out of my solution. Gotten a few spots, but they seem to be mostly healing.

Leave for Rome tomorrow, and will probably be there for a week. Hope to find avacodos there! I mean you would think the eternal city would at least have some south american, non roman fruit, wouldn't you? haha

I hope you and/or RRM wont be on holiday when I come to Amsterdam, looking like perhaps mid september when I will be there.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I will be there.
During the daytime im working in L'Opera at the Rembrandsquare (except for tuesdays and wednesdays).
Just ask for Thijs.
I send you my cell phone number by PM.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'll be here, though I might be in the process of moving next door.
Check your PM for my cell phone number.
Ferdinand

Post by Ferdinand »

Thanks so much guys, I look forward now more than ever to when I go to Amsterdam! (which looks to be perhaps next week)

So I made it out of Italy and finally to Vienna. And, though I have long since regretted it, I broke for awhile from the principles, and have since gotten on of the worst pimples known to man! One of the most cruel kind that turn into a whole swollen cheek. But it seems to at least finally be in the healing process so that is good.

But, it leads me to wonder somewhat. I think perhaps a few days of much exertion (much) mixed with little sleep perhaps left me suseptable to catching something because the day I left for rome my tonsils became inflamed, very painful. In fact I even eventually had to go to a doctor (thankfully it was free) where they (it was 3 actually who surveyed me) said I indeed had inflamed tonsils and they gave me antiboitics to deal with it. Because it really was extremely painful, I succumbed and took them. While the tonsils finally felt better, I noticed a new issue....which I suspect may be a yeast thing now, but dont know for sure, but every morning I get a very large amount of white build up on my tounge and a rather nasty build up of yellow film on my teeth. Im not exactly sure why or how do get rid of it. Im hoping it will clear itself up over time, but my teeth and gums suddenly seem a bit tempermental. It is a pain to get off as well...I guess thats what you get for avoiding the dentist for 15 years! (but what can you do with no insurance)

Ironically the rest of my face for the most parts seems more or less fine, but just this one area...BOOM. I will spend as much time as I can today going over the boards for past posts on the topic of candida, antibiotics, etc., as the exact reason for this yellow film that keeps coming back is currently still a mystery to me...