panacea's diet log, and questions...

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
panacea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

panacea's diet log, and questions...

Post by panacea »

hey everyone, I'm new this is my first post, been reading here for about 2 weeks, started a raw food diet about 6 days ago, having some problems, but I'm still figuring things out. I've been reading about raw eating from other websites, and it's hard to sort out the correct information, my previous guru advocated that fiber was a good thing and fat was bad, so yeah lol. I'm 20 years old, 6'8" tall, 195 lbs, in case you can't envision that I'm slender (not muscular).

By the way you're all a very interesting bunch (:

I'll start with day 6 that's all I can remember;

- Woke up, consumed 1 cup store bought pulp free orange juice on way to college (not from concentrate, but pasteurized.. my store (H-E-B) doesn't carry unpasteurized that I could find. Also the oranges here are either very acidic, or very watery and thick skinned. I also don't have a juicer yet (looking for a good one; going to go with a centrifugal masticating juicer I think). I also now know to 'sip' the juice throughout the day, as I believe all of the orange juice in masse is causing me to have headaches. I also sometimes put about 1/2 tbsp olive oil in it.

- Next meal was brazil nuts (preshelled.. I know, I know.. still got to find out where to get them unshelled from.. also I tend to eat like 20 of them in one continuous feast.. I can't get enough of them.. probably not a good idea). Also drank about half an entire carton of orange juice as fast I could (pulp free, no oil just the brazil nuts)

- Continued to drink more of the store bought OJ, no added fat

- Got home, consumed most of an hass avocado, with more OJ.

- Ate some more brazil nuts, almost the entire bag I bought this morning is empty now..

- A while later ate one banana (brown spotted, was good)

- Drank more OJ

On the other days, my diet was a little better, on college days I'm less organized, I usually eat some watermelon (alone), pineapple, way more bananas, occasionally a few bites of an orange, cantaloupe, honeydew melon, and some stuff I can't remember.

Symptoms so far - I used to be chronically constipated, lived off an undersupply of grains and dairy, almost nothing else. All I drank was water, and not that much. It was horrible, I had gas all the time, still have minor gas, probably from the OJ or brazil nuts or unripe bananas I sometimes eat. I also still eat wayy too much at one meal, and plan to incorporate an RRM style intravenous injection 100 meals a day thing.

Have more acne than usual breaking out right now, even one on my bicep (well, there's not much bicep :)) which has NEVER happened before so maybe my water retention is lessening. My skin feels softer at least.. I still have problems in the bathroom, constipation, I found something that really really helped was to start using an upside down laundry basket and put my feet on it, like the eastern peoples do to defecate. As I understand it, it aligns the colon or something so it all gets out easier etc, might want to look into it! (you didn't think toilet posture was natural did ya)

Still, almost all my meals come out at once, with this diet it's usually 24-36 hours inbetween, used to be 48 or more so it's an improvement. Sorry if this is too revealing for a first date people. Also have a weird problem with my woody that's been going on since I was 16 - at the end of urination there's still some urine left that can only be helped out by pressing on the underside of the err, squirrelcasing. Sorry ladies. I think in men this isn't so rare? but for me it's every single time which I think is a problem.. It can't be a urinary infection though because there's no pain or anything, it's just an inconvenience, and it all feels healthy otherwise.

Now if anyone else is as daring as me (RRM, Oscar?) what color is your urine usually from OJ, I'm wondering if my store bought OJ is making it less pure (acidic like) than watery. And how many bowel movements per day usually? Hopefully it's more than one which has all those 100 meals in it at once right..?

Also, where in the world can I get some kind of man to deliver boxes of oranges to my house for juicing? Or is it better/cheaper to just buy cartons at the supermarket, what do you guys do? How do you know the oranges are ready?

How do you clean your ears? I have pain inside one of my ears and was told using those toothpick-cloth hybrid thingies only pushes some wax in deeper..

Another thing I haven't seen posted on here is to use an excercise ball as your computer/office chair.. I know it's kinda weird but it really helps your back if you don't slouch, because constant movement helps your spine and basically whole skeletal structure. We all unlearn this behaviour when we're told to 'sit still' in class (can you remember haha). Lots of studies have shown that children instinctually know best how to carry their bodies if not manipulated by adults (monkey see, monkey do) like how they run, walk, sit (more like moving while sitting), etc.. just some food for thought.

I still can't 'feel' blood sugar dips/rises besides headaches, or when I stand up from laying down for a while, I almost blackout.. but never actually have. My last guru told me this is because the blood can't get to the head fast enough due to lack or delay in adrenaline or something, which means impaired adrenal gland? or maybe my drinking oj is frezeeking up my body? (didn't use to get these as much)

I thought I'd have a lot stronger withdrawals to munch food, but so far I've been perfectly strict except that I sometimes can't get good quality stuff like OJ or good bananas or good brazil nuts (unshelled).

Passing the bakery part or meat part of supermarket is tough though, smells so good.. But I just don't look at it and think of what fruit I want most.. usually it tends to be OJ or avocados.

I haven't incorporated the eggies into my diet yet, or raw fish (where the freezeek can I get raw fish????, those little counters in supermarket where it's on display and you have to ask the guy with the chopper?)

Oh yeah, I also have extremeeelyyy poor air quality in my room which I'm almost always in and looking to get some freezeeking plants to oxygenate it up then when I'm rich I'll get a light ozone machine yeah I know you guys think that's dangerous for lungs but if you put it at the ceiling it reacts with air as it goes down, cleaning the air etc and it's not harmful, it's what happens when lightning strikes in thunderstorms.. natures 'cleaner' keeps plants healthy n stuff. It's also reallyy great at preserving produce, produce thats been bagged, watered, and ozonated lasts 2 weeks longer because ozone eradicates the bacteria that rot them (on the surface atleast). My old guru also suggested rectal insufflation of ozone at the right output with a true cold corona machine can cure cancer (healthy cells have antioxidants to deal with ozone cancerous cells don't). However allmost all (99.9%) of ozonotars, even the $10,000+ on the market don't use cold corona which requires old pig iron transformers and some other stuff so, basically noone has them except people who make them theirselves. (I don't, but I plan to when I get the money/time just incase). Anyway my point is, used right ozone may not be all bad.. food for thought..

I'm really looking forward to the egg yolks I have never had a raw one and already my body craves it lol.

RRM or someone can you tell me if the unripe bananas can cause gas? sometimes I eat 6-14 in a day usually in 2 seperate meals.. They also don't seem composed of alot of water? I remember the best bowel-state I had was when I ate nothing but honeydew melon, watermelon (seedless), oranges, cucumbers, water, and occasional OJ (nothing like now).

Another symptom is my teeth are way whiter and especially on the bottom (for top teeth) it's so white it looks like a problem, probably from all the store bought OJ (I didn't use a straw until today). I can't complain but maybe it's a bad thing.. the whiteness is splotchy not uniform..

Also sleeping is not good but also not bad, as opposed to on my whole fruit watermelon watery diet whereas I only needed 7 hours of sleep and woke up automatically. However I cannot eat watermelon in college and not be a freak so I need something easier/manageable.. Like orange juice is a completely solid bottle (they'll think it's water). Plus I felt like I wasn't getting enough nutrients with the melon-water diet, even though I felt good. Blood sugar spikes were also a problem but not as bad as this orange juice mistake I made (not sipping), probably because whole fruits had fiber to slow it down. Does fat slow sugar down as much as fiber?

Also I think I'm undernourished because I crave fatty things like avocado, brazil nuts, and have never succeeded on a fast even though I was strongly passionate about it.. it wasn't the junk foods I just felt like I couldn't keep my eyes open, as I use a computer all day I guess I need energy to keep them going, weird as it sounds since they're so little.

Oh yeah, I have bad eyesight, but hopefully I'll have a few months to spare to relearn to see properly (kinda like bates method, but it means little or no computer, tv, etc because I can't wear glasses, which will be tough)

One last thing, RRM, or Oscar, since you two have been on raw diet soo long, do you find that there is no more gas? or if there is, is it pretty much non offensive? also, how about sweat? is it pure enough that you wouldn't have to clean your clothes as much?

I ask because I read about a study where 5 scientists stayed in a completely isolated earth-dome-bio-ship (big building where they had no access to the outside but still on earth) where the entire ecosystem was inside and they were part of it, their feces/urine fueled the soil which fueled the plants which they consumed which they defecated, which fueled the soil which fueled the plants which they ate..and so on for 2 years, they came out, living off themselves all this time and their family got like 10 feet away from them and they gagged at the families impure smell. Which told me that perhaps the best way of eating will have a similar effect as in less noticeable odor from sweat, defecation, breath, etc.

Thanks! I know it's a long post but I didn't want to make a bunch of different ones and I wanted all of the offensive stuff I plan to ask to be done in one corner so maybe the ladies will overlook it :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Re: panacea's diet log, and questions...

Post by RRM »

panacea wrote:hey everyone
Hey panacea, welcome!
bought pulp free orange juice on way to college (not from concentrate, but pasteurized
If you are doing this diet for acne, then you really cannot drink this juice.
The sample diet needs to be done 100% strictly.
99% simply doesnt work.
going to go with a centrifugal masticating juicer I think
Yeah, i just bought one too; its absolutely perfect for your skin.
brazil nuts (preshelled.. I know, I know.. still got to find out where to get them unshelled from..
Regarding acne, you are not on the diet yet.
You simply cannot do it this way and expect a clear skin.
still have minor gas
Thats from the fiber from whole fruits and nuts.
The masticating juicer will take care of that.
plan to incorporate an RRM style intravenous injection 100 meals a day thing.
he he, perfect ;D
still have problems in the bathroom, constipation
Get rid of the nuts.
squirrelcasing. ... I think in men this isn't so rare?
Sorry, i have no idea.
It can't be a urinary infection though, because there's no pain or anything, it's just an inconvenience, and it all feels healthy otherwise.
Regardless of what you think and feel, PLEASE have it checked!
Go see a MD for that...
what color is your urine usually from OJ
Almost the same as water, just a little less clear.
BTW: you can only tell if you only drink OJ for 24 hours.
Otherwise other foods (from many hours ago) still play a role.
And how many bowel movements per day usually? Hopefully it's more than one which has all those 100 meals in it at once right..?
Once in 2 days, as i ingest very little fiber (90% of my energy comes from filtered OJ, sugar, oil and animal food)
where in the world can I get some kind of man to deliver boxes of oranges to my house for juicing?
Ha ha, in Amsterdam, as thats what i do (10 boxes at a time)
and im sure in many other places! :)
How do you know the oranges are ready?
By trying.
If they are not ready yet, just store them for a while and buy other ones to juice now.
Eventually, they will be ripe enough before they rot away.
How do you clean your ears?
I hardly have to do that anymore.
I used to have to do that a lot, but not on this diet.
Its virtually gone!
But, yes, i use the small cotton balls on sticks.
I still can't 'feel' blood sugar dips/rises besides headaches, or when I stand up from laying down for a while, I almost blackout..
The latter is 'code red', meaning you missed the previous ten warning signals.
Try to listen more carefully as to how energetic you feel.
My last guru told me this is because the blood can't get to the head fast enough due to lack or delay in adrenaline or something
Its a lack of glucose.
I haven't incorporated the eggies into my diet yet,
You should, because they make it really easier, and healthier.
where the freezeek can I get raw fish?
Where can you buy fresh fish?
Or frozen tilapia?
those little counters in supermarket where it's on display
Is it on ice?
can you tell me if the unripe bananas can cause gas?
Absolutely.
Every unripe fruit will, and even ripe fruits can.
The less fiber, the less gass. (thats why i juice, and also because its much easier 'to eat'/drink)
You can also juice bananas in the masticating juicer.
I remember the best bowel-state I had was when I ate nothing but honeydew melon, watermelon (seedless), oranges, cucumbers, water, and occasional OJ (nothing like now).
Of course, because particularly watermelons contain very little fiber.
Also sleeping is not good but also not bad
you need cholesterol from egg yolks.
However I cannot eat watermelon in college
Juice them and drink it.
Does fat slow sugar down as much as fiber?
No, it particularly decreases your dependence on sugars.
Also I think I'm undernourished because I crave fatty things like avocado, brazil nuts
Most beginners ingest too little energy (consuming too few meals), so thats probably true.
since you two have been on raw diet soo long, do you find that there is no more gas?
Consuming no whole fruits, there is no gas at all for me.
Consuming just some whole fruits, there is a little.
how about sweat? is it pure enough that you wouldn't have to clean your clothes as much?
Exactly.
Consuming little protein, your sweat will contain less ammonium and ureum.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Let oranges ripen for at least a week.
I don't think the urine question is a problem.
The color of my urine changes, depending on what has to be excreted.
You haven't been strict yet, sorry. ;)
Raw fish: japanese restaurants, fish mongers, fish markets, good quality supermarkets.
Take care of your diet first, worry about ozone later. ;)
Gas depends on circumstances. Normally I don't have that much gas, but if there's a lot of fiber, or if there's a bad egg yolk, there can be more gas.
My sweat doesn't smell anymore (maybe it does smell a little, but I can't smell it), so yeah I don't have to change clothes that often.
panacea

Post by panacea »

awesome guys!

ok this is day 7!

forgot to mention I live in texas, US haha so we're pretty much fast food nation and that's why they probably don't have the unpastuerized or w/e. My mother was like raw eggs??!? salmonella!? haha. Then I told her the average person would only get salmonella once every 42 years if they regularly consume eggs, and they might not even notice it (;

i bought some better, oj, but still not up to standard, this one was much sweeter, it was juiced more recently and came from some kindof orchard right outside of town but it was 'lightly' pasteurized it said, anyway it tastes alot better the orangeness is even brighter compared to the other brand.. regardless I know I'm not on the sample diet, I'm not doing this for acne actually, I have the occasional pimple but not a problem for me, more of a problem would be my stubble, no matter how close a shave I get I still look like a pothead/misshaven guy I hate it =/

Had some oj with more olive oil this morning (2tbsp one cup), then didnt consume anything for 6 hours (yikes) then ate a bunch of macadamia nuts (delish) and the better OJ I got from the store, planning to eat watermelon tonight staying away from fiber. I got a headache after eating like 20 macadamia nuts and half the OJ liter, so I think too much sugar at once can cause this too, as it's not possible to have too little energy 10-15 minute after doing that right?

I also had 3/4 a raw egg yolk last night, took the sack off and everything, I felt kinda.. energetic it was weird, but no stomach pain at all, so they must be good eggs. They're grade A cage free whatever that says about them :)
Get rid of the nuts.
What is it nuts that's hindering bowels that's not in OO, avocado, egg yolks, or raw fish?

Once in 2 days, as i ingest very little fiber (90% of my energy comes from filtered OJ, sugar, oil and animal food)
oh man.. that sounds nice lol but don't you worry about the flora not being fed by fiber and stuff?
Ha ha, in Amsterdam, as thats what i do (10 boxes at a time)
and im sure in many other places! Smile
So if it takes about a week to ripen, when first starting out I would approach it like, buying 8-14 oranges a day then in 7 days using them? lol I'm going to need another garage, but I'll try.
The latter is 'code red', meaning you missed the previous ten warning signals.
Try to listen more carefully as to how energetic you feel.
I try to flex my biceps and see if there is any 'weird' feeling, like weakness, in holding the flex to see if I need more food as this is easiest to sense for me but I'm wondering if it's accurate?
I haven't incorporated the eggies into my diet yet,

You should, because they make it really easier, and healthier.
How should I balance eggs, nuts, OO, avocado, raw fish? like how many egg yolks = 1 raw fish in fat or w/e, how many avocados, so I don't eat like 1 whole raw fish and it's actually like 12 egg yolks :)
Where can you buy fresh fish?
Or frozen tilapia?
I think I can find frozen tilapia, also frozen wild salmon, but what food is safest regarding mercury/parasites? I'm really scared of those things. Also I live near the gulf of mexico and we just had a huge oil spill so if any of these fish come from there that you guys know of give me a heads up please?

And no the fish I saw in the display wasn't on ice just white paperlike-soft sheets like they do for meat slabs.

Is it the fiber alone that causes gas or the sugar mixed with it, or fat mixed with it, or what? I am kinda preconditioned to think fiber is good so I'd rather have some, because intestinal flora feed on it?

Exactly.
Consuming little protein, your sweat will contain less ammonium and ureum.
Ok if this is the case how do I get the least amount of protein but best quality? from egg yolks, OO, raw fish, nuts, ?? Do I take that methione supplement thing? I really despise laundry (:
panacea

Post by panacea »

couldn't find an edit post button I didn't get to finish earlier -

Thanks for your feedback RRM and Oscar I'm still trying to read all your earlier posts so I'll be caught up in a couple years (:
panacea

Post by panacea »

OH FREEZEEK I REALLY MESSED UP THAT QUOTE IN MY SECOND POST can a mod fix that lol i'll be more careful and this post too? sorry guys i'm getting used to it!
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Squatting is the position more than two thirds of the planet assumes to defecate. Here's one of the few link that addresses the topic:
http://www.naturesplatform.com/

quid poo quo, panacea
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nuts contain lots of fiber (which we don't need, no, not even the bacteria ;)) and aflatoxins. A few nuts are fine, but 20 is too much.
Pre-shelled nuts are almost always heated, so you better stop eating them.

Like every beginner you have to learn to manage your energy, which means getting used to lots of snacks/sips/small meals a day, and learning to listen to the energy signals the body gives. In the beginning those signals can be confused with the craving signals.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

As per wikipedia:
Rodents raised in a sterile environment and lacking in gut flora need to eat 30% more calories just to remain the same weight as their normal counterparts.
There are four things wrong with this information: the mice's diet wasn't outlined; the study was unreferenced; the source is Wikipedia; and HELLO, they're mice not humans. Nevertheless, if true this would explain why I can consume 4000kcal/day without really exercising and not lose weight.
panacea

Post by panacea »

lol djkvan you pulled out a random 'study' and disproved it? what was the point in posting it? noone said anything about that lol
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

LOL!

That last sentence should read: ...without really exercising and not gain weight.

I posted it in response to Oscar's comment about not needing gut flora. The study implies that the presence of intestinal bacteria increases the caloric availability of our food.
panacea

Post by panacea »

interesting - do you have lots of muscle or walk bristly alot, or maybe have high internal temperature? like by wearing little clothing in a cold climate but still feeling warm, would suggest alot of energy is going to sustaining body temp. do you think hard alot? brain burns alot of calories.. they have to go somewhere.. do you have alot of bowel movements? (passing through your system)?
panacea

Post by panacea »

Oscar; if we don't need the gut flora why is it included in mothers milk, establishing babies bacterial 'ecosystem'. surely if we don't feed our flora it will be drastically weakened? and not protect us as well?
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

While following the Wai I've tried to eat when my body tells me to. That seems to work out to a piece of fruit every hour or so with some OO. Twice a day I have egg yolks. I go for walks to the store and around the neighborhood, but other than that I dork around on my computer and watch tv. I possess a mesomorphic physique and do tend to think quite a bit. I'm not often cold, but dress appropriately for given temperatures, so I don't think that is the answer. My bowels move once or twice daily, not unusual. I don't know what else to tell you.

As to the flora question, I think the answer lies in balance and available resources. It's not a question of strong or weak per se. The flora exist in a balance and ideally their numbers are dictated by the amount of food that is available to them, just like with us humans.

BTW we are 'in' the biodome, and I think I know why no one else is coming within 10 light years of us. LOL!
panacea

Post by panacea »

LOL I don't think we smell that bad ey :)

Wouldn't it be funny if the aliens regarded our planet as the shitty planet :)

Well what other planets have shit on them?

How do you get 4000kcal a day by one piece of fruit per hour with 2 egg yolks? Do you mean a whole fruit or a piece of one.. like a bite of a pineapple or one pineapple per hour..

But if you have muscle, keep in mind that uses substaintial energy just to maintain..