The skiers diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Pontoonrider
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

The skiers diet

Post by Pontoonrider »

In the morning I drink my Strawberry, pineapple, mango, canteloupe, and OO smoothie.
I will eat bananas (not counting) for the rest of the day (with a swig from the OO bottle when handy cos Im not into meticulously measuring my intakes )
then about 7 or 8 yolks tonight. I dont see why my system cant handle 8 when 1,1.5, 2, 4, and 6 didnt hurt me except for the headache after the first one! I need my protein and cholestorall to heal this damn shoulder

Until my juicer shows up I'm not going to juice my own OJ

My diet dilemmas.
-I live at home for 2 weeks at a time, then I am away at a work camp for 3 weeks (food paid for and cooked)
-At home I live in a small town so The only things available to me are what you find in the average grocery store.
-In the summer I am much less active than in the winter. Wintertime I am ski touring every day which means about 4000' - 6000' elevation gain by cross country skiing, then downhill freeriding. I could consume 10 000 calories in winter before so I'm not sure how thats going to play out when the snow starts flying
-I hate having to meticulously count and scrutinize my intakes and will have great difficulty if that is required.
Pontoonrider

Re: The skiers diet

Post by Pontoonrider »

Oh Im also having the odd munch on raw almonds (unfortunately I can't find any raw "in the shell" nuts here.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Pontoonrider wrote:-At home I live in a small town so The only things available to me are what you find in the average grocery store.
-I hate having to meticulously count and scrutinize my intakes and will have great difficulty if that is required.
I guess you'll have to make do with what you can get. You could look into what you can order online (unshelled nuts, for instance).
The beauty of this diet is that you can listen to your body and eat/drink when/how much you need. The calculating and scheduling and such are for in the beginning, when you have to get used to the frequency and the amounts. Later on it becomes far more instinctive.
Pontoonrider

Post by Pontoonrider »

Finally got my Hurom slow juicer today so now I can enjoy my morning fruit drink without buggering the nutrients via my blender.
Todays diet will be:
2 cups of Juiced: strawberries, Pineapple, and Canteloupe with 1 table spoon of OO mixed in
Bananas with a swig of OO as per hunger
6 egg yolks with a touch of Sugar

Munchies include
1) Dried Mango (not 100% sure how it was dried, looks like it was dusted with sugar too, bought from a bulk food section in grocery store.
2) Raw almonds (pre shelled so not 100% wai)
3) Raisins

???? with regards to munchies 1 and 2, should I eliminate these and try to get 100% wai faster or will my detox process still benefit from having them included in my diet???
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Pontoonrider wrote:I could consume 10 000 calories in winter before so I'm not sure how thats going to play out
In that case you will definitely need to juice virtually all your fruits and add lots of sugar and some oil to your juices.
You will simply need too much energy to waste energy on useless fiber.
10,000 calories is that of a top athlete, so you should consider your diet the same way.
It will also be essential to test how much raw animal food your skin can cope with,
as the protein will have to complement your carb intake;
You will be needing much protein for energy simply because you will be using much protein for energy;
whether you want it or not.
Pontoonrider wrote: Todays diet will be:
2 cups of Juiced: strawberries, Pineapple, and Canteloupe with 1 table spoon of OO mixed in
Bananas with a swig of OO as per hunger
6 egg yolks with a touch of Sugar
perfect.
1) Dried Mango (not 100% sure how it was dried, looks like it was dusted with sugar too, bought from a bulk food section in grocery store.
If it does not specifically 'shout' "100% SUN-DRIED", it isnt.
2) Raw almonds (pre shelled so not 100% wai)
I hope they are sweet almonds, as bitter almonds contain too much anti nutrients.
3) Raisins
If it does not specifically 'shout' "100% SUN-DRIED", it isnt.
with regards to munchies 1 and 2, should I eliminate these and try to get 100% wai faster or will my detox process still benefit from having them included in my diet???
This is not a 'detox diet'; we dont believe in good food temporarily making you feel worse.
Only regarding acne there is a phase that sebum trapped in the skin surfaces,
which may make your skin seem to get worse.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'd suggest you stop eating the shelled nuts, they are the most harmful of the 3 munchies.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

Hey, pontoonrider. How's the juicer working out? I still haven't received my new citrus juicer, but wouldn't you know it, I've gotten used to the piece of crap I already have. LOL! Don't worry about having to scrutinize every little detail. On this diet you will likely find that you begin to experience greater focus and patience, which will make stuff like that bearable. :)
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Pontoonrider

Post by Pontoonrider »

RRM wrote:
In that case you will definitely need to juice virtually all your fruits and add lots of sugar and some oil to your juices.
You will simply need too much energy to waste energy on useless fiber.
10,000 calories is that of a top athlete, so you should consider your diet the same way.
It will also be essential to test how much raw animal food your skin can cope with,
as the protein will have to complement your carb intake;
You will be needing much protein for energy simply because you will be using much protein for energy;
whether you want it or not.
Thats going to make 4 day hut trips difficult as I need to pack everything in and weight is a big deal. Any suggestions on what to do for 4 days away from electricity where everything is packed in (over a 3000' climb) ???. Freezing and keeping things frozen is an easy option.
RRM wrote: This is not a 'detox diet'; we dont believe in good food temporarily making you feel worse.
Only regarding acne there is a phase that sebum trapped in the skin surfaces,
which may make your skin seem to get worse.
I wasnt reffering to this as a temporary diet. I was reffering to getting or feeling the benefits of being 100% wai soooner. I suppose I should just answer my own question and cut the stuff out that isnt 100% wai or Im just going to prolong the "difficult and craving" stage??

Today I havent been irritable at all. I drank 2/3ds of my Juice over 3 hours, then poured the rest into half full water bottle and coasted over a long walk in the park til 2pm when I started eating my first banana. feeling good so far.
Pontoonrider

Post by Pontoonrider »

djkvan wrote:Hey, pontoonrider. How's the juicer working out? :)
The juicer is great, but I guess it wont do OJ very well as cutting them apart and stuffing the pieces into the hopper will probably make me very irritable :wink:
. Whats the best citrus juicer/press out there? I guess I should get one shipped to my work camp ASAP or prepare to eat lots of Bananas and whole fruit for 3 weeks.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I ordered a RaChand 210 from 1(800)624-2128. They are wholesalers and gave me a fair price from what I can tell based on online comparisons with other sites that sell their juicers. It hasn't arrived yet, so I don't know how it performs, but I am assuming it's an awesome juice press. RRM says that these overhand press juicers can extract substances from the skin which will make the juice somewhat bitter, so you have to watch your pressure when juicing. Right now i have a Black&Decker electric citrus juicer. It's cheap, but solid and gets the job done. I just think that it's probably slower and more wasteful than the press will be.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Pontoonrider wrote: Thats going to make 4 day hut trips difficult as I need to pack everything in and weight is a big deal.
Any suggestions on what to do for 4 days away from electricity where everything is packed in
Ok, its dried fruits and nuts then (previously shelled by hand), and frozen fish, naturally.
Its just that the dried fruits will give you some gas though... (which may accelerate your skiing...) Image
I suppose I should just ... cut the stuff out that isnt 100% wai or Im just going to prolong the "difficult and craving" stage??
Exactly.
Pontoonrider

Post by Pontoonrider »

RRM wrote: Its just that the dried fruits will give you some gas though... (which may accelerate your skiing...).
Thats fine. That will keep me near the top of the scoreboard in the hut lol :D :twisted: