My Diet Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Maia
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My Diet Diary

Post by Maia »

Hi everyone! I am new here, but I have been just reading for a while... :)

So I have had acne since I was about 13 years and now I am 20. I really want an end to it now. I have been going to facials, and besides using the skincare products the facial doctor also told me to stop consuming diary products. When I did so my skin looked slightly better, but the acne did not go away anyway.
But that made me search the two words "Acne" and "diet" on google, and that was how I stumbled upon the Sample Diet.
I read it all through, and the more I read the greater it sounded to me! Not only that the acne will disappear, but also that the body will actually regain its natural functions, and work the way it is supposed to!
After that I read that I started the diet, cold turkey, right away. (Even though it was 3.00 am... :P ) The next day was the 27/7, so I have eaten ackording to the sample diet for exactly a week now, except the first two days I drank boxed orange juice and did not peel the fruits, and continued to use the skincare products. So basially this is day 5 for me.

To begin with my acne was mild/moderate, but I had a lot of "vulcano-shaped" pores. The worst areas of my face are my forehead and my right cheek (the left one is much better for som reason)
Now they all have started to become small whiteheads, and I also have got a few ones that grow under the skin. I really don't hope that all of them have to break out before I will finally be clear. That will take a really long time won't it? My goal is an entirely clear and nice skin.
I have used some mineral powder make up on my skin. Does that make the process go slower? I am just still to embaressed to go outside without it...
I have also lost 2 kg. Is that the excessive water maybe?

I have really strong cravings, mostly I crave things like ham, meatballs, smoked fish etc. I want it so much!!! But I haven't touched anything...
Yesterday I made muffins because we had guests, but I didn't eat any myself.
Now I think I can imagine what it feels like to quit smoking....

But except for the cravings mosty I feel really good. I wake up earlier, and my stomach feels good too. (Before I often had problems with constipation and gases). Although I still am a little gassy. hmm...
And sometimes (quite often actually) when I sit down for a while and then stand up I feel like I will faint. I can't see straight because everything almost turns black and I feel very dizzy. (But just for some seconds) I guess I am just not eating enough..?

I have a question regarding the low-mineral water. I live in Stockholm, and I couldn't find any of the waters that were listed in the book (Volvic, Montcalm etc.), but I did find a Norwegian one that is called "Imsdal". Here is what it contains:

mg/L
Calcium/Ca - 9,9
Sodium/Na - 0,9
Potassium/K - 0,5
Magnesium/Mg - 0,4
Bicarbonate/HCO3 - 31,2
Sulfat/SO4 - 2,9
Chloride/Cl - 0,6
Silisium/SiO2 - 7,0

pH: 7,5

Is this a low-mineral water?

And I also wanted to post what I ate today.

1 banana + extra virgin coconut oil
½ avocado with chives and extra virgin olive oil
juice made of 2 tangerines and one orange with olive oil
2 french white peaches (peeled) + coconut oil
2 apples (peeled) + coconut oil
1 banana and 50 g pineapple
About 4 (?) tablespoons of raisins with maybe 3-4 walnuts (that I shelled myself)

And I also drank some of the Imsdal water and I thought I will have some more orange juice with an egg yolk (still getting used to them).

So what do you think so far? :)

I am really grateful that I found the Wai site by the way, it's just a pity that more people don't read it and find out about how they are fooled every day by the food industry. I told my mother and my brothers about this, and at least my mother said that she wants to eat Wai too. (She wants to loose weight and cellulite, but she still drinks tea, eats preserved olives with feta cheese and raw cabbage)

/Goldrandy
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
Oscar
Administrator

Re: My Diet Diary

Post by Oscar »

Welcome. :)
How fast your acne will heal is hard to say. Some people are completely clear after two weeks on the Acne Sample Diet, for some it can take much longer.
I'm not sure about the mineral powder. I'm sure it has some influence, but in the end it's your diet that makes the big difference.
The 2kgs is most likely excess water and perhaps some body fat.
Yes, cravings are the worst when going cold turkey as you're doing. The positive side is that you'll be over them sooner. :)
Goldrandy wrote:And sometimes (quite often actually) when I sit down for a while and then stand up I feel like I will faint. I can't see straight because everything almost turns black and I feel very dizzy. (But just for some seconds) I guess I am just not eating enough..?
Yes, that's correct. Have you entered your diet into the nutrient calculator? If you have trouble eating more you can always drink more (sieved) juice, which is easier.

Otherwise you seem to do fine. :)
As far as your mom's concerned, the tea and cheese are the addictive foods. If that's the only thing off the diet she's consuming, then that should be fine to start with. Once she's used to the diet she can stop eating them.

I'll let RRM answer the water question.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Goldrandy wrote: and I also have got a few ones that grow under the skin. I really don't hope that all of them have to break out before I will finally be clear.
No, many of them may just fade away.
That will take a really long time won't it?
Sometimes, but in general it will not take longer than 2 weeks.
My goal is an entirely clear and nice skin.
You can have it!!
I have used some mineral powder make up on my skin. Does that make the process go slower?
No.
I have also lost 2 kg. Is that the excessive water maybe?
Maybe, but most people make the mistake of under eating.
Now I think I can imagine what it feels like to quit smoking....
Ha ha. :)
Just be prepared that once your skin is clear, you will often be tempted to try some of that stuff again.
Just know that you can always rely on this diet again.
Although I still am a little gassy. hmm...
If you juice your fruits instead of eating whole fruits, you will not be gassy.
Dont use a blender though!!
And sometimes (quite often actually) when I sit down for a while and then stand up I feel like I will faint. I can't see straight because everything almost turns black and I feel very dizzy. (But just for some seconds) I guess I am just not eating enough..?
ABSOLUTELY.
You got to do something about that real fast!
Drinking a lot orange juice with added sugar will help you.
I have a question regarding the low-mineral water.
When you are on the 100% strict diet, you dont need any water.
Instead, you need to drink juice for the energy!

Goldrandy wrote: I did find a Norwegian one that is called "Imsdal". Here is what it contains:
Check it out here:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1329
And I also wanted to post what I ate today.
Please submit it to the nutrient calculator,
and you will see that it supplies you with too little energy.
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-calcsimple.html
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hi guys, thank you both for answering! :)

So yesterday I ate and ate and ate and finally I managed to eat enough to make tha Nutrient calculator satisfied :D :
(It felt like eating was the only thing I did yesterday...)

1 avocado
2.5 raw egg yolks
5.25 apples
2 tea spoons Coconut oil
2 table spoons Olive oil
4 dried figs
1 kiwi
1 glass of mandarine juice with sugar
maybe 800 ml of orange juice with honey or sugar
3 peaches
1 tea spoon of raisins

I don't have a mecanic juicer yet, just a small thing made of glass so I have to squeeze the oranges by hand. But maybe next week we will buy one and then I can drink more juice. :)

This morning my stomach hurt, I think it is because after I drank the juice with egg yolks yesterday my brother and my mother had a fight :(
But it felt better after I ate an avocado.

I think yesterday made a big difference on my skin, for the better. Except eating enough I also took a 1.5 hour nap.
That helped a lot, or so it seems to me at least. Right now I have mostly red marks left on my cheeks. My forehead looks better too, the "vulcano-shaped pores" are getting fewer...
I think I will take a nap today too!

I still find it hard to "listen" to when my body is hungry. So I just eat all the time to be on the safe side, haha. :wink:
Maia

Post by Maia »

Oh and I have some more questions:
1) Am I allowed to eat apple cider vinegar (or any other vinegar) while on the Acne Sample Diet?
2) Can eating to many dried fruits cause gases?
3) My mother asks if she is allowed to eat cabbage and pepper. And she also wonders why green tea is considered toxic.
4) She also says that apples are the only fruit that is more healthy to eat warm than raw. Is that true or false?

Hm. I think that was all for now.
/Goldrandy :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Goldrandy wrote:I still find it hard to "listen" to when my body is hungry. So I just eat all the time to be on the safe side, haha. :wink:
Well done :) In the beginning that's the best way to get used to it.

ad 1) Yes. The safest would be pure white vinegar.
ad 2) Yes. Dried fruits contain relatively a lot of fiber (most of the water content has disappeared during the drying process).
ad 3) She can eat cabbage and pepper, though in the end it's better not to. Green tea (like all herbs and spices) has medicinal properties, so it's a bit like taking an aspirin while you're not sick. ;)
ad 4) False. Why does she think that?
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hello again!

I am still on the diet. After I started the first time my skin got much better, but after about 14 days I had to go to China for a masterclass (I play piano) and they had fixed the food, so I just ended up eating the "normal" way... :oops:

But anyway, after I got home, which was the 5th September, I have not eaten a single thing that was not on the diet. That makes it... About 1 month and 3 weeks now.
But I still get pimples, although it IS a lot better, but still. :(

I think that the mistakes I made were that I ate some pieces of sashimi that were not raw. Like octopus, shrimp, seaweed salad and something more. I guess that was bad.
And I also didn't always eat fat after the fruits. And... what more..
Maybe I still don't eat enough, because it seems to me that I am losing more hair than I should and I also get kind of depressed easily. But at least the fainting thing has stopped (long ago)...
Maybe I eat to much fish when I eat sashimi, but it is just hard to know, I can't exactly bring the kitchen scale with me to the restaurant... :?
And I have been eating apple cider vinegar, and now the last days white wine vinegar.

I clean my face with the imsdal water and cotton pads, and afterwards with this:
http://www.rawgaia.com/organic-skin-car ... anser.html
And then some coconut oil.

I also do steam baths for my face about 1-2 times a week, and use Rhassoul or green clay face masks also 1-2 times a week. Should I stop doing that?
Here are the masks that I use:
http://www.rawgaia.com/organic-skin-car ... -clay.html
and
http://www.rawgaia.com/organic-skin-car ... -pack.html

Should I maybe use rose water instead?
Do you think that this recipe for making it yourself is good?
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/rose_water
I found it on the old acne board.

I wash my hair with egg yolks. Sometimes I sleep with coconut oil in it, when I do that the yolks just don't take all the grease away, so then I end up using shampoo. (Although my scalp itches horribly from that)

Every day when I don't eat fish I eat two egg yolks that I add to orange juice or to sliced avocado or just eat them on their own or with chives. Sometimes with parsley, dill or basil. Is that wrong maybe?

I eat quite many avocados some days. 3-4, but they are small.
I eat quite many bananas.
Apples (peeled), some of them are sour. Is that bad maybe?
Honeydew melon
Tangerines.
Orange juice, self-made (1-2 glasses a day) All the oranges that I can find here are sour. Bad?
Grapefruit juice, self-made
grapes or grape juice, self-made
cherry tomatoes, different ammounts.
And olive oil or coconut oil with everything
Some days I eat walnuts, self-shelled.
Some times I eat a few dates.
Sometimes raisins (rarely)
I also eat raw manuka honey and plain raw honey and I put white sugar into the orange juice, mostly because it is so terribly sour!!
Some weeks ago I ate macademia nuts that were allready shelled, but I bought them on an internet shop run by a raw-eating couple and they said that the macademia nuts were certified raw.
I also ate some raw brasil nut butter, but I read in the old acne board that this can be bad, so I stopped doing that.

My favorite thing to eat is this salad:
Avocado, cherry tomatoes, dates or grapes, parsley or chives, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, walnuts.

Hm, what more do I eat... today I ate a mango. I tasted dried durian some weeks ago. It tasted HORRIBLE! Never again... :lol:

I touched the pimples quite a lot, but I read that it is really bad, so now I really try hard to not do that.

Right now I just feel SO horribly discouraged. And I am 100% sure that the diet is real, and works, I just don't know what exactly is the thing that I am doing wrong.
Today is the day 7 since I started eating fat after EVERY sugar-meal. I take a bottle of oliveoil with me.
I might have ate too much sashimi yesterday. But since maybe 3 weeks I have not eaten anything except for the fish in the sashimi, when I eat that. The sushi rastaurant owners always think I am crazy:
"Do you want rice?" they ask.
"No"
"Miso soup?"
"No"
"Green tea?"
"No, and I also want the sashimi with nothing but the raw fish in it."
"Are you trying to loose weight?! You really don't need to, you know!" [I am 157 cm and weigh 51,5 kg]
"No, I'm not....."
:? :P

Anyway, what exactly should I change in my diet?
Thank you for having this forum! :) :D
/Goldrandy
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Goldrandy wrote: I still get pimples, although it IS a lot better, but still. :(
...I ate some pieces of sashimi that were not raw. Like octopus, shrimp, seaweed salad and something more. I guess that was bad.
absolutely.
The problem is that when you are more strict, your skin becomes more susceptible to bad foods.
So that such occasional mistakes have big consequences.
Maybe I still don't eat enough, because it seems to me that I am losing more hair than I should and I also get kind of depressed easily.
Yes, you are defiitely undereating.
Maybe I eat to much fish when I eat sashimi, but it is just hard to know, I can't exactly bring the kitchen scale with me to the restaurant... :?
How often do you eat out?
And I have been eating apple cider vinegar, and now the last days white wine vinegar.
Thats ok.
Should I maybe use rose water instead?
Yes, because you should leave your skin alone more.
Give it time to recover properly.
Do you think that this recipe for making it yourself is good?
http://www.cutoutandkeep.net/projects/rose_water
Yes.
Every day when I don't eat fish I eat two egg yolks that I add to orange juice or to sliced avocado or just eat them on their own or with chives.
Sometimes with parsley, dill or basil. Is that wrong maybe?
Its ok, but could you please double your egg yolk intake?
Apples (peeled), some of them are sour. Is that bad maybe?
All the oranges that I can find here are sour. Bad?
No, only for your teeth and regarding anti-nutrients.
Grapefruit juice, self-made
Maybe you can leave this out?
(it has some pharmaceutical properties)
Some weeks ago I ate macademia nuts that were allready shelled, but I bought them on an internet shop run by a raw-eating couple
and they said that the macademia nuts were certified raw.
Cant trust that, im afraid.
Right now I just feel SO horribly discouraged. And I am 100% sure that the diet is real, and works, I just don't know what exactly is the thing that I am doing wrong.
You know exactly what you did wrong.
Stick to the right diet, and the results will reflect that.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hi RRM!
How often do you eat out?
Not very often, because it is quite expensive... But at the most 2 times a week.
I'd love to, I love eating egg yolks!
I was just worried that 4 of them would be to many for me, as I am only 157 cm, a girl, and I don't workout.
But if you say it's ok, then I certainly will. :)

I will make the rosewater tomorrow and I will stop drinking the grapefruit juice.
And regarding the nuts, I'll just continue searching for unshelled ones. The only ones that I have found so far are walnuts..

Thank you for taking your time and answering, I really appreciate it!
:)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hi Goldrandy!
Goldrandy wrote:
RRM wrote: How often do you eat out?
Not very often, because it is quite expensive... But at the most 2 times a week.
Thats just about enough to cause elevated protein levels if you are eating too much at those occasions.
Can you order it to take away once? (the same as you always order)
So that you can weigh it at home?
I'd love to, I love eating egg yolks!
I was just worried that 4 of them would be to many for me, as I am only 157 cm, a girl, and I don't workout.
But if you say it's ok, then I certainly will. :)
It will be okay. And this way we can rule out consuming too little good cholesterol as the cause of depression.
And regarding the nuts, I'll just continue searching for unshelled ones.
The only ones that I have found so far are walnuts..
Maybe you can stop eating all nuts alltogether for 2 weeks.
Once your skin is totally clear we can add them back in.
Thank you for taking your time and answering, I really appreciate it!
:)
Thank you, thats sweet!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Most fruit isn't ripe (enough) when you buy it, so you better let it ripen for a while. For instance oranges can easily ripen for a week or more, which will make them/their juice far sweeter. It takes some planning, but in the end it's worth it. :)
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hi again!
So now I have been doing everything exactly right. I have been writing down exactly what I ate every day. I started eating 4 yolks every day, no grapefruits, no nuts, no suspicious sashimi-pieces. Todays is day 11 of this.

My skin has a LOT of small closed pores, and also a few pimples that grow under the skin that I don't think were there before, but it is hard to say if there was a closed pore there before or not...
And some of them have started to become whiteheads too, but it all takes a really long time.

It feels like it doesn't get any better :( :cry:

The only mistake I can think of is that I ran out of Imsdal water and rosewater and washed my face with clay and regular tap water for a few days. How bad bad that be..?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Keep on going, give it some more time, you should be fine.
If you list exactly what, how much, and when you eat, we can see if there's anything you could improve.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hi Oscar and thank you for anwsering my whiny post.... :roll:

I forgot to say that I sleep much better since I started eating 4 yolks. I eat them in the evening right before sleep and after that I am sooo sleepy..

Ok, so here follows everything I have been eating the last 12 days. Some days I forgot to write down what time it was, though.

27 October

100 g avocado
90 g tomatoes
90 g mandarines
140 g honeydew melon
~4 table spoons OO

3 mandarines
1 mango, OO

1 avocado
5 cherry tomatoes, OO

2 apples
1 banana, OO

310 g honeydew melon, OO

1 glass of OJ, 1 table spoon sugar, 2 yolks, OO
1 avocado, 2 yolks, dill

22.00?
1 banana
2 apples
90 g honeydew melon
some grapes
OO

28 October

2 apples, oo

1 mandarine, 1 banana, oo

1 banana, 4 dates, oo

later in the evening (time?)
2 avocados, 3.5 yolks, 2 cherry tomatoes, 1 banana, 5 dates, oo

29 October

10.00 apple-, mandarine- and grapejuice. Made maybe 70 cl all in all.
Drank the juice until 12.40

then later in the day:
4 yolks
2 avocado
6 cherry tomatoes
1/2 honewdew melon
~10 grapes
1 mandarin
oo
vinegar

30 October

750 ml OJ, oo, sugar
3 bananas + oo
1 apple,1 avo, oo
10 g honeydew melon, 1 mandarin, oo
1 avo, 5 cherry tomatoes, 5 grapes, oo, vinegar
1 avo, 2 yolks
1 glass apple-, melon- & grapesjuice & 2 yolks (bad tasting combo, never again!)

31 October
~50 g salmon, tuna
honeydew melon, oo
2 avo, 2 big tomatoes,oo
2 bananas oo
1 apple, oo
10 mandarins, coconut oil (not all at once...)
1 glass OJ, oo, sugar

1 November

5 bananas, oo
1 glass OJ, sugar, oo
1 avo, 1 big tomato, 90g melon, oo, vinegar
1 glass oj, sugar, 4 yolks, oo
1/2 honeydew melon, 5 cherry tomatoes, oo, vinegar

2 November

1 apple, oo
150 g strawberries, oo
40 tartar and 1.5 yolks
1 avo, 2 bananas, 100 g strawberries, oo
1 avo, 9 cherry tomatoes, oo
1 apple, 1 tea spoon honey, oo
1 glass oj, oo, 1 table spoon honey
50g raisins, oo

3 november

11.40 1 glass oj, sugar, oo
and later:
1 apple, oo
1/4 cherimoya, oo
1 avo and 3 yolks
2 apples & oo
1 glass oj, oo, sugar
40 g raisins, oo

4 November

1 glass oj, sugar, oo
2 apples, oo
3 bananas, oo
2 avo
4 yolks
1 big tomato & oo, vinegar
3 table spoons honey& oo

5 November

4 apples, oo
5 mandarines, oo
50 g salmon with some limejuice, 1 glass oj, sugar, oo
1 cherimoya, oo
1 banana, oo
0.25 red orange, oo

6 november

1 glass oj, oo, sugar
2 apples, oo
1.5 avocado, 1.5 tomato, 1 small apple, 1 banana,
10-12 grapes, vinegar, oo
1 glass oj, sugar, oo
3 apples, 2 table spoons oo
1 glass oj, 4 yolks, oo, sugar

7 November (today, so far)

10.00 1 small apple, 1 orange, oo
11.00 1 small apple oo
13.20-13.45 1/2 honeydew melon, 1 avo, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 mandarin, oo, vinegar, a little sugar
2 mandarines oo
1 mandarine oo

phew... That was all! :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Goldrandy wrote: It feels like it doesn't get any better :( :cry:
For a big minority of people it first get worse before it gets better.
So keep on hanging in there.
The beginning is the hardest. After that it gets easier and easier.
The only mistake I can think of is that I ran out of Imsdal water and rosewater and washed my face with clay and regular tap water for a few days. How bad bad that be..?
Clay? I have no idea of the effects, but it seems all fine to me.
Goldrandy wrote: I forgot to say that I sleep much better since I started eating 4 yolks. I eat them in the evening right before sleep and after that I am sooo sleepy..
Ha ha, yes thats the effect exactly.
Now check out your next period, and more specifically the pain involved (which will be not there).
Ok, so here follows everything I have been eating the last 12 days.
Perfect.
I submitted your intakes to the nutrient calculator, and regarding energy, vitamins and minerals you are doing great.
Also regarding acne you are doing everything fine.
Congrats.
Its just that you might spread those meals more.
For example:
100 g avocado
90 g tomatoes
90 g mandarines
140 g honeydew melon
3 mandarines
1 mango, OO
1 avocado
5 cherry tomatoes, OO
1 apple
1 apple
1 banana, OO
100 g honeydew melon, OO
100 g honeydew melon, OO
100 g honeydew melon, OO
1 glass of OJ, 1 table spoon sugar, 2 yolks, OO
1 avocado, 2 yolks, dill
1 glass of OJ
90 g honeydew melon
1 banana
1 apples
some grapes
OO
40 tartar and 1.5 yolks
Whats 40 tartar?
Maybe you mean 40 grams of raw beef?
phew... That was all! :)
Thank you for the insight.
One may think they are doing everything fine, whereas sometimes something is off,
which might ruin everything.
You are doing a great job though.
How is your skin now? (in detail, please...)