Terrence Brannon - my experiences

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
thequietcenter
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

getting bored. but good results

Post by thequietcenter »

I'm happy that I left raw vegan gourmet. I think the Wai Diet is more suited to the body's physiology. This is born out in stool production.

I also like that I am not doing all sorts of raw gourmet food processing - soaking nuts, adding spices, etc.

However, I am starting to feel a lack of variety. I dont care to eat nuts, so I am left with just a few different fruits, raw egg yolks and a sashimi variety box, day in and day out.

My mind wanders to things like oreo cookies, etc.

But I suppose most wild animals dont eat a great variety of foods either. But they also dont do what I'm about to discuss in my follow up post :)
thequietcenter

eating meat then juice

Post by thequietcenter »

The somewhat naturally salty flavor of this fish leads me to immediately consume fruit juice right after it. That is allowed, from what I read, but it is a bit humorous from a natural standpoint.
Kookaburra

Re: crazy for meat ; budget; crazy for chocolate

Post by Kookaburra »

RRM wrote:
thequietcenter wrote: I think a person living a full life should have less time to be focused on eating
You can perfectly do multi-tasking; enjoying your life AND paying attention to your energy levels constantly.
Eh, I don't think multi tasking is effective. For example, when I listen to the radio and read an article at the same time, I feel quite distracted. I think multi tasking means your brain is working at twice the rate as compared to single tasking? Hence, multi tasking requires more energy, and the more energy you consume, won't accelerated aging take place a little faster?
thequietcenter

surprises about sushi grade fish

Post by thequietcenter »

I found a Chinese supermarket and they had a whole freezer labelled "Sushi Ingredients" and inside were all the things I had been paying 10.00 for 3 pieces of at sushi restaurants --- shrim, crab, eggs, etc.

I was pleased to be able to buy this at a greatly discounted rate. However, I noticed the shrimp was salted and one of the frozen fish had MSG and a few other things added to it. The eel was boiled.

Living in florida, perhaps I should train in fishing for myself so I know just where it's coming from.
djkvan

Re: Terrence Brannon - my experiences

Post by djkvan »

Kookaburra wrote:Eh, I don't think multi tasking is effective. For example, when I listen to the radio and read an article at the same time, I feel quite distracted. I think multi tasking means your brain is working at twice the rate as compared to single tasking? Hence, multi tasking requires more energy, and the more energy you consume, won't accelerated aging take place a little faster?
I've learned that listening to music while studying can be a good way of balancing the brain out, particularly if the reading material is decidedly left-brain (e.g. math) in nature.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
thequietcenter

near-painful urination each night

Post by thequietcenter »

Like clockwork, after about 4-6 hours of sleep, I MUST awaken and charge to the restroom because there is a strong burning sensation that must be released via urination. Now, the urine itself does not burn or feel uncomfortable but the requirement to urinate is strong and consistent.

I would say that stool formation is excellent and bowel movements are quite easy. This is much better than my raw vegan gourmet days when I ate tons of spices all over certain vegetables (mainly kale). My eliminations were not as bad as a cooked food diet, but they were "scattered" and splattery, as one would expect when processing something indigestible to make it edible.
thequietcenter

CO treated = carbon monoxide treated

Post by thequietcenter »

I noticed on the back of my tilapia from the Asian market that it had been "CO treated" --- I'm pretty sure that means treated with carbon monoxide based on reading the packaging of something else I bought.
RRM
Administrator

Re: near-painful urination each night

Post by RRM »

thequietcenter wrote:after about 4-6 hours of sleep, I MUST awaken and charge to the restroom because there is a strong burning sensation that must be released via urination.
Maybe you have an urinary tract / bladder infection.
Please consult a MD.
thequietcenter wrote:I noticed on the back of my tilapia from the Asian market that it had been "CO treated"
Yes, carbon monoxide treatment 'locks the fresh color' so that it still looks fresh even when its certainly not fresh.
Carbon monoxide treatment makes even 2 year old ground beef look fresh.
thequietcenter

Post by thequietcenter »

RRM wrote:
thequietcenter wrote:after about 4-6 hours of sleep, I MUST awaken and charge to the restroom because there is a strong burning sensation that must be released via urination.
Maybe you have an urinary tract / bladder infection.
Please consult a MD.
Maybe. But this urge only surfaced when I started the Wai Diet , never before.
djkvan

Re: Terrence Brannon - my experiences

Post by djkvan »

Hi Terence.

Correlation is not causation. :wink:
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
Kookaburra

Post by Kookaburra »

RRM wrote:
thequietcenter wrote:I noticed on the back of my tilapia from the Asian market that it had been "CO treated"
Yes, carbon monoxide treatment 'locks the fresh color' so that it still looks fresh even when its certainly not fresh.
So, is CO treated tilapia allowed on the diet?
thequietcenter

Post by thequietcenter »

Kookaburra wrote:
RRM wrote:
I would be surprised if it is. Unless you like ingesting something that can lead to your death upon inhaling.
thequietcenter

Libido

Post by thequietcenter »

I notice I have more penis erections on this diet and a general increased sense of sexual urge.

I suppose that's OK, but I've never had much success with the ladies.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Libido

Post by RRM »

thequietcenter wrote:
Kookaburra wrote:
RRM wrote:
I would be surprised if it is. Unless you like ingesting something that can lead to your death upon inhaling.
Carbon-monoxide is very reactive (and therefore aggressive),
which means that it readily reacts with molecules in the meat (such as globins;
when it combines with myoglobin, it forms carboxymyoglobin, the bright red color of 'freshness')
which implies that the carbon-monoxide is no longer free / ready to react (no longer carbon monoxide).
I doubt that the treated fish/meat still contains any ('free') carbon-monoxide at all,
and certainly no potentially harmful levels.
thequietcenter wrote:I notice I have more penis erections on this diet and a general increased sense of sexual urge.

I suppose that's OK
It absolutely is. Your body obviously is not in 'survival mode' (anymore).
It reflects that your body has sufficient fructose and protein at its disposal.
thequietcenter

return to the Wai???

Post by thequietcenter »

Well, on 10/31/10 I made my last post in my efforts toward 100% wai.

I had gotten quite slim and clear-headed from my diet of just fruit and fish.

But I began to crave other things and began to substitute food for
enjoyment I could find via other means (entertainment).

So I began to feel rather sickly. But instead of returning to the Wai
Diet, I began Bikram Hot Yoga, a yoga done in a room heated to 105
degrees and 30% humidity. With this yoga, you can eat as much as you
want and whatever you want because the yoga is so purifying. And
Bikram says that raw food and vegan are utter nonsense. And at his age
he is still very capable of doing his yoga and eating at McDonalds.

So I began Bikram Yoga and tons of detox occurred and I ate whatever I
want and was generally fine. But over time, the heat started to make
me uncomfortable. But I kept with it. But after about 70 days I
decided to try Yin Yoga, a yoga done in cold rooms.

Unfortunately, Yin Yoga does not purify the body, so I could not get away
with false diet. I returned to Bikram and was surprised that
increasing the heat in the room made it more comfortable to do the
yoga. However, I really dont think I can sustain a career of hot
yoga. Some people have done it, but I dont think it is for me.

So, I think it is time to transition back to the best diet I found in
about 15 years of searching - The Wai Diet. As I do so, I plan to post
all the WRONG foods I eat and do a detailed nutritional analysis of
them and note how I could've used the Wai diet instead.

Also, because I take Omega-3 pills
(http://us.mannatech.com/product-essential-source.html), I'm going to
see about getting all the fish nutrients via pills.

So be prepared for about 2 weeks of listing various non-Wai foods as I
make my return and analyze why those non-Wai foods are a waste of
time/money/energy/etc.