My diet diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
abicahsoul
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My diet diary

Post by abicahsoul »

I am not saying I have diabetes.. I am just talking about the effect of too much sugar/glucose.. I guess a healthy body also reacts with wanting to drink a lot and consequently pee a lot if too much sugar is added..?
But I guess since I feel so thirsty.. either I'm just thirsty :lol: or I might have consumed a bit too much sugar for my activitly level. But I wonder.. have I then filled up my glucogen depots? Or what could/should I do before going training? Or perhaps it is enough with that energy drink I made? I would guess that would be enough. And I also bring some dates and hand shelled walnuts for emergency. :D
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I went to my african dance. It was nice. Energy levels ok. Just that when I feel like I get empty of energy it feels like it is from one moment to the next.
Went home and had a slice of pineapple, and a banana.
Then prepared 100gr of raw meat (yummiiiie) I really had a craving for raw meat today.
And topped with 6 yolks. mmmh..
was watching tv, started feeling tired after almost an hour
had
1,5 OJ
1tsp sugar
½tbsp OO
and almost immediately after poured another
1,5 dl OJ
1tsp sugar
½tbsp OO
because I felt hungry and also my theory was: I have been working out, which should make the burning a bit faster, had big portion of protein, which it takes energy to digest I believe?, and also to make sure that while my body is buring a bit faster, and also has a lot of protein to digest that it doesn't start to make sugar/energy from the proteins.. That's my theory.. The juice tasted really good, and drank with delight as if I needed it.
Now I feel satisfied.
Gonna stretch a bit. It's 2 hours since I ate, and of course I won't do violent stretching.. just static stretching.. :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If you lose energy completely from one moment to the next, it means your glycogen depots are empty. If your depots were full you'd have enough energy for 8-12 hrs.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

what??
I don't get this at all. I guess I have to study that Wai section again. Or perhaps you have some other suggestions for reading material. If it is not easy to explain here?
What I don't get:
Ok, if you say my depots are full and I'd have energy for 8-12 hours, then I guess you mean without actually filling up with OJ+OO, or fruit or sugar during that time, that only water would be more or less enough?
And how do you fill up before training?
WIll that filling up mean more strain on the body, I mean I guess it would be big sugar load? (Ok, balanced with oil.) Will the proper balance of sugar and oil secure that I don't overstrain my insulin (pancreatic?) production?
Ok, if I fill up my depots like that, is it gonna make it harder to lose weight?

Yes, I have really felt weakened during training. ANd tried to compensate by small meals of OJ+OO (some sugar), or some dates and walnut pieces, or banana DURING training.

Is it hard to fill up the glycogen depots, because eating that much sugar might make you feel a bit disgusted with the sugaryness??? And will it mean not "listening" to the body?

I should also say that I didn't lose energy completely. I mean if someone had pointed a gun at me I am sure I would have been good for some action. But, I did feel a slight discomfort, that is not normal for me during training. I know the difference between the feeling of working my body and when something feels a bit wrong. But perhaps it is because when it feels a little bit wrong I get scared that if I push it the muscles will start to "burn" (in the sense, to free energy, hence loss of muscle mass), or that I will strain myself in some other way, when you feel weak and not totally great also it is bigger risk that you might make a wrong movement and hurt yourself or sprain something. (When weak you're not so focussed etc.)

Today I have been experimenting with having sugar with every meal I have. I feel like I eat almost all the time. I also eat a bit before I feel hunger because I am afraid I will get dizzy etc. I feel pretty good. I want to eat pretty much during morning hours, feels like the body tells me to eat more, because overnight it didn't get anything. But at this time of day, around 14:00 pm, I always get some weird feeling. Slight nauseous feeling, sliiight pressure over the head, totally put off from eating. Difference frmo yesterday is that I feel very perky, not tired at all. So I guess I do what I have done before. I do nothing, except drink some mineral water and wait. If I am meant to eat, the signlas will get stronger, or if I had a little too much, then I should be feeling better as things even out..?

But I feel pretty nauseous. It must mean I have ate a liiiittle too much. Strange. Because it was now at least 45 minutes I had something to eat.. Hmm.. perhaps that's the time it takes.. and if I feel this slight nausea.. it might mean that by now my depots are filled up? Because the thought of any food just disgusts me right now.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote: Ok, if you say my depots are full and I'd have energy for 8-12 hours, then I guess you mean without actually filling up with OJ+OO, or fruit or sugar during that time, that only water would be more or less enough?
Yes, it would prevent 'going empty' completely,
but no, you would still need additional energy to feel energetic (to keep your blood sugar level up).
And how do you fill up before training?
By consuming lots of small meals, just as you always do,
but consume a little extra energy each time.
WIll that filling up mean more strain on the body, I mean I guess it would be big sugar load?
No, not big, but yes, a little bigger than when not loading up on glycogen.
On a normal diet, this happens after every meal.
With this diet its already a challenge to eat enough,
so that you need to set your mind to it to eat that little bit extra to fill up your glycogen depots as well.
Will the proper balance of sugar and oil secure that I don't overstrain my insulin (pancreatic?) production?
No, the proper balance cannot undo a too big intake of sugars at once.
First you need to learn to eat enough to always feel energetic.
The next step is to consume a little extra with each small meal to replenish glycogen.
Ok, if I fill up my depots like that, is it gonna make it harder to lose weight?
A little bit, as loading up on glycogen always comes with a little bit of fat storage.
But dont worry, on this diet its still very easy to lose weight.
On a normal diet, after each meal a LOT of fat is stored, and (partly) re-used in between meals.
On this diet the ratio stored-glycogen:stored-fat is greater as the insulin spikes are smaller.
Yes, I have really felt weakened during training. ANd tried to compensate by small meals of OJ+OO (some sugar), or some dates and walnut pieces, or banana DURING training.
Consuming food during training doesnt work, as it takes too much energy to support digestion. (it will make you feel less energetic)
So, sieved OJ with sugar added is ok, but not food.
... eating that much sugar might make you feel a bit disgusted with the sugaryness???
When its too much, yes, but not if its just a little bit extra.
Its all about finding the proper balance, which requires experimentation.
And will it mean not "listening" to the body?
No, its all about listening to your body.
1. You need to eat often enough and as a result feel energetic.
2. You need to keep those meals small enough so that you never feel 'disgusted by the sugaryness'
3. You need to consume a little extra, but still in between 1. and 2.
I should also say that I didn't lose energy completely. I mean if someone had pointed a gun at me I am sure I would have been good for some action
That doesnt count; thats adrenaline enabling you to do so.
I know the difference between the feeling of working my body and when something feels a bit wrong
Exactly.
So, trust yourself and try to load up on glycogen, even though its scary.
I feel like I eat almost all the time.
Thats because you are not used to it yet.
Drinking oj with sugar is most easy.
... at this time of day, around 14:00 pm, I always get some weird feeling. Slight nauseous feeling, sliiight pressure over the head, totally put off from eating.
How about drinking?
Difference frmo yesterday is that I feel very perky, not tired at all.
Thats good. So, you are almost there.
But I feel pretty nauseous. It must mean I have ate a liiiittle too much. Strange. Because it was now at least 45 minutes I had something to eat.. Hmm..
how about a sip of juice, or 2?
this slight nausea.. it might mean that by now my depots are filled up?
It may mean various things, so lets find out by experimenting.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Thanks veeery much for your response.:D I am embarking on further explorations. :-8 Especially about this 14:00 pm dip, I'll try with a sip or two of juice to see how that works, and also I will see if I can make my meals even smaller perhaps during late morning, noon. WHen I wake up I need more, I feel really that I want to eat or drink (OJ) a bit more, but perhaps a trick could be to eat smaller close to noon. Or perhaps it is the other way around, that I should have more, and it is all the fibre (from whole peeled fruit) that make me feel full and queasy? Could be. So more or less, I'm gonna find out! :)
And drinking, yes, I guess you mean OJ now? Because I want to drink, but I what I really desire is the clean, fresh low mineral water. But today I didn't make OJ so far. I ate peeled fruit.. But I actually long for orange right now.
Another question: what are the specific benefits of tomatoes and cucumbers, except the variation to the taste buds (which is NOT to be underestimated.. )
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote:WHen I wake up I need more, I feel really that I want to eat or drink (OJ) a bit more
Thats perfectly fine.
but perhaps a trick could be to eat smaller close to noon.
Yes, try to feel when you need to make those meals smaller.
perhaps it is the other way around, that I should have more
no, i dont think so.
It makes more sense that during the morning you replenish at least your liver glycogen,
so that once your liver glycogen is filled (400 kcal)
your body will no longer tolerate 'big' meals.
it is all the fibre (from whole peeled fruit) that make me feel full and queasy? Could be.
Could absolutely be so indeed. Fiber may stop you from eating even when you may need the energy.
Hence the juice.
I guess you mean OJ now?
Yes, but it may also be applejuice, for example.
Because I want to drink, but I what I really desire is the clean, fresh low mineral water.
That may be a response to 'big meals' later in the morning - towards 14:00
what are the specific benefits of tomatoes and cucumbers, except the variation to the taste buds (which is NOT to be underestimated.. )
ha ha, just the latter. After drinking juice all day one may fancy a 'bite'.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Hi, I am keeping Stockholm strong here.. hehe.. It is going rather well! Yesterday I was training a bit harder, and yes having consumed fruit with more sugar during the day and also a rather strong sieved OJ w sugar and OO mix at hand I had energy all the time. Whopee.. I don't know if i consumed too much sugar during the day, but I never felt weird, and that's a good sign I guess. And in the 6,5 dl Oj I added 5 tbsp sugar and perhaps 4 tbsp OO. This lasted me during 1 hour dance of low intensity, and 45 minutes of efficient switch training (machines worked in group under supervision with very fast changes and no real relax time). I went home still feeling rather energetic and in a good mood. However I notice that late in the evening or even during the night I have to go up and get something because it seems I don't get filled up enough after training, and perhaps the body also burns quicker? Also I wonder, is it so, that sugar is diuretic (=draws water from the body), even if I drink all this juice and eat all this fruit I still need to drink water. Especially at and after training, since I sweat. Good thing is I dont' need to go so much to the toilet in the night, though. But the pee in the morning is much darker than it used to be, and not so much. So I guess that's the downside.

Today I feel great. My skin is a little worse. I am wondering if the extra raw meat and yolks might be the reason, or if it is just still cleaning out. After two weeks of Wai I shedded a lot of grains of tallow (sebum), but now it is like it is coming more. Things are much improved, and I guess the trapped stuff still has to come out. It is much less and much smaller grains.

Since this is my thread I wonder: what's the state of the art in juicers, straws and bottles?

I want to get a good juicer but I have a dilemma, the Philips one that is recommended everywhere deals with whole fruits, you put in the apples etc with skin and seed, and out comes the filtered juice. But I guess since I will be doing a lot of oranges it will be a problem, it seems the stupid thing doesn't have a citrus press to it.. and to peel dozens of oranges to juice is just not practical. What I wonder is what you people prefer from longstanding experience.

Second I wonder, I read about this plastic thing, Bisphenol etc., and I was horrified. I don't wanna mess with my hormones. I hope to get pregnant one day, in a pretty close future. So what do you do? Any suggestions for bottles for OJ to take to training? Or water bottles for that matter? If they had an inbuilt straw it would be great. And if one chooses a steel container for the juice isn't one still faced with the same problem: that the acid from the juice will also make steel particles come out in the OJ??

I saw something about steel straws, anybody found something satisfactory?

Perhaps there are separate threads but I just wondered what the recent discoveries are. Since I live in the EU it is great if the product is available, but I would appreciate links from the resto of the world too.

Also I wonder if you found brazil nuts in their shells in Europe? I haven't found any in Sweden. Not even around Christmas (which was possible before). Because since the mould risk they stopped selling them it seems. :/

Cheerful greetings :D

PS: also I wonder about the best way to take care of bad smell under my arms, it waries from day to day. Some days it has started to become odourless, but yesterday and today: Goddamm.. not even I like to smell that.. :twisted: :lol: thai stone? or normal deo - or will that "spoil" the diet??
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote:...1 hour dance of low intensity, and 45 minutes of efficient switch training...
...I notice that late in the evening or even during the night I have to go up and get something because it seems I don't get filled up enough after training
Yes, correct, because after training, you have to replenish all the lost glycogen,
which requires consuming a lot of energy.
perhaps the body also burns quicker?
No. Its just that you now get more 'energy-related messages; from your body,
as now your energy intake is much more in line with your energy expenditure.
On a normal diet, the 'warehouse' is always full, and you never need to worry about spare energy.
On this diet, you constantly need to make sure to replenish your spare energy.
So, on this diet, your awareness of the used energy is much greater.
Its about perception.
is it so, that sugar is diuretic (=draws water from the body), even if I drink all this juice and eat all this fruit I still need to drink water.
On this diet, water retention is minimal, so that when your body wants to lower its temperature (due to physical exercise)
it readily releases water to do so (evaporation and sweating).
So, on this diet, you wont get as hot (red face etc), and you lose much more water without noticing it.
Good thing is I dont' need to go so much to the toilet in the night, though.
Thats one of the consequences, indeed.
But the pee in the morning is much darker than it used to be, and not so much. So I guess that's the downside.
Its not a downside; there is simply less water that needs to be deported still;
hence more concentrated urine.
My skin is a little worse. I am wondering if the extra raw meat and yolks might be the reason
It might be, but you cannot tell if you also consume some munch food.
(who did it?)
what's the state of the art in juicers, straws and bottles?
There's lots of info about that already in the forum about fruits and juices.
I will move your juice question to that forum.
I will move the rest of your comments to the various threads (about deo, Brazil nuts and plastic bottles)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Yeah, I did have a pommes with salt on it 7-8 days ago and some bearnaise, when I was out with company and needed something. Might be that. Otherwise I really try to keep free from munch foods. I have resorted to a hard candy that I guess should be safe: it contains sugar, glucose syrup, peppermint oil, and coloring (E120, and E160a). I understand that it is still munch food though. Yeah, whodunnit? We don't know, not even Sherlock Holmes would know.. 8) :twisted:

I am keep on keeping on. 8) ;D Thanks also for the help to dig out the other threads. :)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Hi y'all! :D

I am still on the diet. I keep the diet, but have made some deviations from the straight and narrow these last days. I had crazy cravings. I don't crave anything with cooked proteins. What I crave is mostly rice or potato w butter and sometimes something w salt like liqorice or crisps. I think it is PMS, it always affects my mood to become very dark, and I get a lot of cravings those days.
Anyway, back to the good stuff. :)
Any suggestions about PMT (PMS in Swedish, pre-menstrual syndrome/tensions whatever: very bad mood, very unhappy feeling, cravings etc..)?
Today I tried some new fish and seafood instead of salmon. I tried a fish called Lubb in Swedish. I'll see if I can find the english term. It was awesome, unfortunately not good looking, had to pick out some bones, and I couldn't cut it nice, but the taste and texture was TOP NOTCH. And it was cheap, and of course fresh! This fish tend to have parasites sometimes, but the seller reassured me that it is never the case with the fish from Sweden, but only with that from Iceland or (Norway??), so I shopped with confidence.
I put some lemon juice on it. Which leads me to the next question: When you put acidic (lemon, vinegar etc) on meat or fish it changes color a bit, and as far as I know it is also a way to "cook" protein without heat. So my question is: should putting lemon juice on fish and meat also give us some dirty protein and therefore be avoided by those on strict wai?
For me it seems I can keep a strict wai (except that I eat more raw protein/yolk than the recommended 2yolks OR 50grs raw protein) for a week and some days or more. But there is always some little thing: I go to a café and have a tea made from tap water, or I have a lollipop w some E numbers (no other forbidden stuff, just glucose and citric acid), and then when PMS starts I get fixated in my mind and then I just try to choose munchies that will be the least bad, cream in tea, lots of butter w rice or potato, or some salted crisps. But then I wanna get back on the tracks again!

My skin had a bit set back. Just veeery little and any pimples cleans up on their own after a day. But the skin on my hands have been extremely dry these last days. I dunno if there is a change in the weather. Or sth with my diet. I have also been doing water-aerobics a few times last week and this week, but I decided I had the last of that. I just can't stand the chlorine, by body gets soooo itchy. It was two days ago but my skin is still itching terribly. Even if I have been smearing plenty of coconut oil.

Other skin-news, the calluses on my heels and big toes seem also to be going away. Is that possible? My back is getting really smooth, still some bumps and some marks from my scratching. But really such an incredible change. Around my hairline on the forehead there are still pinched off sebum, I was wondering how this could be since that area never really was a big problem (I always had my bad pimples around my jawbone and on the neck under it. But then I realized: when I wash my hair I get tap water on the sides of the forehead. I guess that's the reason. Plus not having done the diet perfectly this last week..

I haven't lost any weight to speak of but I did loose quite some fat, it shows, and I am pleased to notice that I must have built some muscle that I had because it feels stiffer and I look leaner and when I pinch my skin the fat seems lesser too. That proves to myself that the way I do or interpret wai can't be totally off. Which is happy. And also I feel more confident about energy management.
I still want to lose fat, because I could definitely be leaner. It would be great for my dancing too. :D
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

OK, about frozen foods in general. I just had a revelation that frozen fish is totally ok, protein-wise, if it is not adulterated in anyway in brine or other additives. But just plain naked frozen fish is OK. Then I can finally buy some frozen tuna. :D

But now I wonder what about other frozen foods?

Fresh raw frozen meat without additives, frozen fruit if nothing is added (or if just sugar is added)?

Raw eggyolk frozen? Ok that's just hypotetical.. but it is a bit related to questions about ice cream making and bearnaise...

When you heat egg yolks with some cream or milk, or butter, in order to make ice cream or bearnaise you have to be careful not to heat it to a temperature over (ca) 75 degrees celsius.. or something.. at 80 or 81 they will start to coagulate.. are the proteins dirty before or after that temperature? I am aware that ice cream is made with cream etc.. but could be a munch food... but does the protein count as dirty? and.. if you made lemon sherbet (with egg whites which are then only frozen) then it would be completely wai.. even strict?

Perhaps I should make a thread.. but perhaps there is already a thread about these questions..
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote: Any suggestions about PMT (PMS in Swedish, pre-menstrual syndrome/tensions whatever: very bad mood, very unhappy feeling, cravings etc..)?
Yes: egg yolks.
Some women just need 1 egg yolk daily, but some need up to 10 yolks daily to eliminate PMS / PMT completely,
but it works in all women.
Particularly the week prior to your period is essential.
When you put acidic (lemon, vinegar etc) on meat or fish it changes color a bit, and as far as I know it is also a way to "cook" protein without heat. So my question is: should putting lemon juice on fish and meat also give us some dirty protein and therefore be avoided by those on strict wai?
No, thats just simple denaturation.
Its harmless.
the skin on my hands have been extremely dry these last days. ... I have also been doing water-aerobics a few times last week and this week, but I decided I had the last of that. I just can't stand the chlorine, by body gets soooo itchy.
Its probably the chlorine.
the calluses on my heels and big toes seem also to be going away. Is that possible?
What are they?
My back is getting really smooth, still some bumps and some marks from my scratching. But really such an incredible change.
Congrats!
If you want total victory, just try the 100% strict version for a while...
abicahsoul wrote: Fresh raw frozen meat without additives, frozen fruit if nothing is added (or if just sugar is added)?
Thats ok.
Raw eggyolk frozen?
No, because you cannot check it for freshness anymore.
When you heat egg yolks with some cream or milk, or butter, in order to make ice cream or bearnaise you have to be careful not to heat it to a temperature over (ca) 75 degrees celsius.. or something..
Its not worth it.
I understand, you are still craving so much that you try to find alternatives.
Just let it go and go 100% strict for a while.
Eventually you will feel its not worth it. Its just a phase.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Thanks. You're right. I am looking for the loop holes.. (maybe this and this might work after all.. but I tell you what, I also just remembered why it wouldn't be ok anyway: because in both bearnaise and ice cream- making you whip the yolks so it is no-no either way.) ;) and yes, the heating is certainly also bad. So I put my mind off that.

Calluses are the things on the back of the heels and sometimes side of the big toe or small toes that are a bit harder skin that can tend to chap or crack a bit, the stuff you otherwise scrub away... and it feels like my feet are almost turning to baby feet, soft and not dry! :D

And no more chloride pool for me.

Thanks for the questions.:D I am also really happy about this site and everything that can be learned.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote:
RRM wrote:
abicahsoul wrote:the calluses on my heels and big toes seem also to be going away. Is that possible?
What are calluses?
Calluses are the things on the back of the heels and sometimes side of the big toe or small toes that are a bit harder skin that can tend to chap or crack a bit
Ah, ok.
Well, its winter now, and in the winter we tend to wear socks and shoes, so that there is less skin friction
(as opposed to walking barefeet or wearing sandals) and calluses therefore tend to disappear somewhat.
You think that could be it?