My diet diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My diet diary

Post by Oscar »

In my experience my skin is softer in general, so I'm not surprised your calluses are getting less.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Now my dance courses have started and I dance approx 1½-3 hours most nights in the week. I have been bringing plenty of OJ with OO and some sugar. I am trying to find a good balance. I am doing pretty well in starting to recognize my body's needs.
But a question:
After sipping OJ in dance class for almost two weeks now I notice that my teeth feel a bit sensitized. I haven't been using a straw since that's quite messy when you have a bottle, and either bottle too big or straw too big, and if just enough it is still kinda hard to fish it out of the bottle.. It just doesn't feel practical for me. So, would it be ok to just mix low mineral water with ordinary sugar just for the classes? I mean I realize that I don't get any micronutrients during training then, but I think I make up for it during the day. But it would obviously reduce the stress on my teeth.
I use straw when I drink at home, but I haven't really found a practical solution for bottle and straw on the go.
At present I drink ca 2 litres of OJ a day, eat a few portions of whole fruits like bananas, papaya, pineapple, avo a day (and sometimes other fruit according to availability and desire.)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sure, if you've checked you're getting enough during the rest of the day, go for it. Do you notice any difference in dancing?
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

I haven't tried yet. I will though. I have no idea if there will be a difference. :D I'll tell if it is. I will make sure to not decrease my fruit intake. (I will reduce added sugar in the other meals and go for sugar for training.) It is a solution to protect my teeth. However, I fear it wll taste pretty gross with just water and sugar hehe...but when the energy is needed I guess that won't matter..;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote:I notice that my teeth feel a bit sensitized. I haven't been using a straw since that's quite messy when you have a bottle, and either bottle too big or straw too big, and if just enough it is still kinda hard to fish it out of the bottle.. It just doesn't feel practical for me.
there are bottle-straw combos that work very well together...
would it be ok to just mix low mineral water with ordinary sugar just for the classes?
Sure, but then you still need a straw to protect your teeth.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Oh, but I seem to notice that it is the acid in fruit (and before also when I had sour candies) that makes my teeth feel icy.. If you know what I mean. I didn't specify, but the problem is that without straw I get icy feeling in teeth from the acid. :D
But bottle+straw combo sounds good.. I'll be looking out for those, and when I find one I'll switch to OJ.
But today I took mineral water that I made luke warm+sugar and a little coconut oil that made for a pretty nice combo with the coconutty oil. I read somewhere that coconut oil goes straight to the liver to be used as energy and I thought a little of that for training might be a good idea.
I had a great day and great dancing classes.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I meant a difference now compared to before starting the Wai Diet. :)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Ah! Unfortunately I can't say my joints are feeling different (yet at least). That was one thing I thought I would feel, but perhaps it is still to come. I have quite some issues with tense muscles and also getting something bad with my AKilles, it seems not the tendon but something called bursit, but this is not diet related, I had it before. Grrrr :evil:
But what I do notice is a general bigger calm in my personality, provided I get my sugars, fats, cholest and prots right. More general optimistic state of mind, not the same feeling of stress, also a stress cuz I craved or needed something that I wasn't giving myself I guess, I wanted sugar and fat, but instead tried to eat away that craving with slow carbs and what-not according to more general health guidelines), and this bigger calm makes the dancing better in the way that my mind is more perceptive to instruction and I also have a bigger tolerance to frustrations if I am not doing something right, or if I feel I fail. It doesn't get so big. So it is more a state of mind change. But as I said, I keep hoping that it might also in the long run help my joints. Because I remember in my teens when I tried some weeks on mostly juices my joints got in so much better shape.
It feels like I am slowly loosing some kgs which will be great for my joints and the dancing in general. :)

Another good change is that I am not feeling so starved, or having the stress of wondering when I will get what I need. I get it all the time. I am more relaxed about that and it feels totally ok, to eat just what I need, and not as greedily as before. It always felt like the 'last meal'. :( This change makes me very happy, because it felt like my body said all the time: hey why you giving me this crap, I want something else (sugar, fat, but I think especially sugar. I mean I was a good girl, I really tried to eliminate sugar from my diet since many health people say it is the worst for ya). Now I give it this something else and I don't feel that stress. :)

My skin is on the same level. I think I need to limit my prot intake for a while until it really cleans up, but I am also trying to balancing it with my cravings. Otherwise I have been pretty strict. I can't say 100% cuz yesterday I had a cup of tea (made w mineral water) and two days ago a few glucose candies w peppermint oil and colorings, and a lolly, but that's really where my 'sins' end. NOthing badder than that. Oh, sorry, one more thing, probably worse but I promise, the only thing worse: some Kimchi :oops: I had mad craving for Kimchi.. :oops: :P But except for a very occasional cup of tea or a few hard candies with just glucose, sugar and peppermint or E-numbers, I have not had anything else these last three or four weeks since I wrote.. Just that one time Kimchi. :wink:
But I didn't notice anything worse after though.
I still smell from my arm pits. I mean it doesn't smell unpleasant, but it is a smell and sometimes in dance class it is intimidating. And then I even did the hooker's shower and applied fresh coconut oil before dance classes.. But you know, you sweat, perhaps you do something in pairs.. and then you wanna smell really good so the other person doesn't feel bad.. :)
I believe optimal to make my skin perfect would be to keep the sample diet, and also to try for a few days with limiting my protein. I usually eat 5-8 yolks and some days also 60-100 grs meat or fish.. I know it is too much, but I felt I needed it..
But for now I am content with trying to be as good as I can. I am also happy that my skin is really so much improved, the small pimples that pop up are kinda peanuts compared to before. I feel really good to know that there is a way I can control them. That it is up to me. 8)
And since I need to feel content and that I am not starving myself, I feel it is better to go slow. I am not afraid of this diet anymore, because i feel so good, and I enjoy the general feeling. I am watchful against deficiencies, but I am not really looking for them, and I haven't noticed anything yet. :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Doing well then, good to hear :)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Hi again, I have been wondering about some things..
My aim is to control my acne (reduce, and eventually strive to eliminate totally), and lose some body fat, and general health. And veery important: to try to affect my anxiety and sleep problems and the resulting unhappiness.. which can be quite overwhelming. :cry: :evil:
The cellulite are going away too I notice.:P

SO, I am thinking about fat. And sugar. And the relationship between them. In the free acne book it is stressed that you should at every time keep the balance between fat and sugar 1:2, or at least, that you should always consume 'some' fat with every sugary meal to avoid blood fluctuation.
Then some days ago I read in a thread a comment by RRM that if you eatsufficient egg yolks and fatty fish you could skip the olive oil. (I think this was said in one of the muscle-threads but not sure..)

And also it is recommended that you let the blood sugars fluctuate more in the morning, until noon if you want to lose weight (in the free acne book), but at the same time for acne it says: don't let it fluctuate.. I try to understand why it would be good to let it fluctuate..? Why would that fool the body to lose fat and not burn protein or muscle or something?

The egg yolks and fatty fish is limited to one (or two) intakes a day, followed by a pretty long time of physical inactivity and also 30minutes of not drinking/sipping or perhaps ideally 1 hour, and then no eating of other solid stuff for another 3 hours, that means that the fat intake would also be just 1 time (alternatively 2 times) a day, and how does that affect the blood sugar levels (with many sugary small meals/sips throughout the day, and only fat once or twice a day)? I have been thinking, the sipping and drinking of OJ, or eating a fruit or two in a 'meal', does that mean a big leap in the blood sugar?

Is that a big risk for diabetes (I mean as I understand fruit contain much much less sugars than ordinary meals.. so the regular sipping, or perhaps even irregular drinking of half a glass or a glass of OJ should in comparison be small (if you don't add sugar, cuz then it is another situation..) )?

In a way I am tempted to skip some of that oil, party because I don't really enjoy it in my OJ or clementine juice. And also I am again thinking along the 'official diet opinions' that skipping some more fat is a good idea when one wants to loose weight. Personally I would welcome any diet that said I could eat a lot of fat and still lose weight, but somehow it doesnt' seem to work? But is your opinion nowadays on Wai diet that it is important to balance the fat and sugar ratio during the course of the whole day?

Also when you work out, dance or are more physically active, I understood that the ratio sinks? But is that only during the active hours? Or do we need more sugar versus fat during the whole day those days we are more physically active? like a 3:1 or whatever.. ? And does that mean bigger glycemic load -> insulin production/fluctuations and then a significant risk at diabetes?

And finally I wonder, during training, is it better to have just fresh raw sieved juice and sugar, or should one add some oil? I was wondering since the body wants to use the blood and oxygen to work the muscles and not to digest? Is that also the case with oil?

I have had some fall throughs this last week. Which has its explanation in a much bigger emotional stress and anxiety :'( and munchies was unavoidable.. Unfortunately that's how I respond to unhappy times. It feels a bit sad, but I try to accept it also as part of beginning such a diet. It is bound to happen. I can't really look on only eating strictly wai for the rest of my life, that has to grow within me.. But since my skin isn't perfect I try to keep as strict as long as I can. I feel a bit defeated since I had some munchies, but ok, I try to handle those feelings of disappointment with myself in a good way.:D
I had 2 bowls of rice in the evening, one with 50gr butter, and one with soy sauce. And a cup or two of tea with cream and sugar.. :$ That's usually the kind of cravings that come up, a bowl of rice with pleenty of butter, some soy sauce, tea with cream, fruit with cream... and lately I have been tortured by fantasies about falaffel.:)

I am also thinking about nutrition, here I made kind of an average of what I eat. I don't eat yolks and other proteins at that ration every day, but sometimes I do eat that much.. But I try to compensate, if I eat 50-100 gr fish/meat, I try perhaps to reduce egg yolks to 2-4. Other days when I eat no meat or fish I take 5-8 egg yolks, according to how much I fancy or believe will feel enough/good. Sometimes I skip the avocado, due to recommendations for weight loss, but sometimes I include it and it is because I have heard that avocado also contains stuff that makes it a 'happy' fruit, and when feeling low it feels like a good idea?

I am 163 cm tall but I weigh more than the example (63kg), I weigh 68-69kg. (it is funny, in all the nutritional examples the examples for women are really for veeeerrrrrrrry short persons, I mean the average height of women in western countries are rather much taller, and I would even be considered pretty short.. :P).

RDA: FDA Women, 25-50YR, 63kg, 138lb, 163cm, 64in

Selection:
[Item-1] 2000ml (mililiters) of Orange juice (Citrus sinensis), fresh, not pasteurized, [1][2],
[Item-2] 4units, medium of Banana (Musa X paradisiaca), [1],
[Item-3] 1.5cups of Pineapple (Ananus comosus), [1],
[Item-4] 1units of Avocado (Persea gratissima Gaertn.), [2],
[Item-5] 10units of Dates (Phoenix dactylifera), natural and dry, [1],
[Item-6] 50ml (mililiters) of Olive oil (Olea europea), [1],
[Item-7] 6units of Chicken Egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [2],
[Item-8] 100g (grams) of Salmon (Salmo salar L.), [2][1].

Weight:......................................3230.4966g

Constituents...................................Quantity..............RDA

Water........................................2598.22644g ..............?g
Energy.......................................2993.56279kcal .....2200.00kcal
Protein quality...................................32.95%
Protein........................................60.57543g ..........50.00g
-Methionine.....................................1.39356g .......13mg/kg (FAO/WHO 85)
-Cysteine.......................................0.82446g .......13mg/kg (FAO/WHO 85)
Total lipid (Fat).............................139.09512g ..............?g
Carbohydrate..................................402.82325g ..............?g missing items:7
Fiber, total dietary...........................33.84755g ..............?g missing items:7
-Fibre, wat. sol................................4.35959g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
-Fibre, wat. ins................................6.59130g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8

Minerals, and trace elements
Calcium, Ca...................................467.02597mg ........800.00mg
Iron, Fe.......................................16.63516mg .........15.00mg
Magnesium, Mg.................................504.07697mg ........280.00mg
Phosphorus, P................................1405.89128mg ........800.00mg
Potassium, K.................................7968.01700mg .............?mg
Sodium, Na....................................136.76927mg .............?mg
Zinc, Zn........................................7.44095mg .........12.00mg
Copper, Cu......................................2.77364mg .............?mg
Manganese, Mn...................................5.43824mg .............?mg missing items:6
Selenium, Se....................................0.05393mg ..........0.05mg missing items:4
Iodide, I.......................................0.06658mg ..........0.15mg missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Cobalt, Co......................................0.03766mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Chromium, Cr....................................0.04084mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
Nickel, Ni......................................0.03687mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Fluorine, F.....................................0.07871mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Boron, B........................................3.85071mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 5, 6
Silicon, Si....................................21.42827mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Tin, Sn.........................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Molybdenum, Mo..................................0.01693mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
Vanadium, V.....................................0.08329mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
Chloride.......................................89.90742mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Bromine, Br.....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Aluminium, Al...................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Nitrite.........................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Nitrate.........................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Vitamins
Vitamin C, total ascorbic acid...............1142.47250mg .........60.00mg
Vitamin B1, Thiamin.............................2.95118mg ..........1.10mg
Vitamin B2, Riboflavin..........................2.02644mg ..........1.30mg
Vitamin B3, Niacin, Nicotinamide...............23.99314mg .........15.00mg
Vitamin B5, Pantothenic acid...................13.20429mg .............?mg
Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine..........................5.38958mg ..........1.60mg
Folate, total.................................740.97310mcg .......180.00mcg missing items:4, 7, 8
-Folate acid (Vitamin B9).....................162.76000mcg ............?mcg missing items:4
-Folate, food.................................740.97310mcg ............?mcg missing items:4, 7, 8
-Folate, DFE..................................740.97310mcg_DFE ........?mcg_DFE missing items:4, 7, 8
Vitamin B-12....................................4.88200mcg .........2.00mcg
Vitamin A, IU................................4607.86900IU .............?IU missing items:4, 7, 8
Vitamin A, RE................................1404.03980mcg_RE ....800.00mcg_RE
Total carotenoids.............................206.31280mcg ............?mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
-alpha-carotene................................39.79000mcg ............?mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
-beta-carotene................................792.93811mcg ............?mcg missing items:2, 3, 5, 6, 8
-gamma-carotene.................................0.00000mcg ............?mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
-cryptoxanthin.................................64.20030mcg ............?mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
-mutatochrome...................................0.00000mcg ............?mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
-lycopene.......................................0.00000mcg ............?mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
-lutein+zeaxanthin..............................0.00000mcg ............?mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Vitamin D.....................................874.30720IU ........200.00IU
Vitamin E......................................19.07675mg_ATE ......8.00mg_ATE
Vitamin H, Biotin..............................77.48800mcg ............?mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6
Vitamin K.....................................181.58290mcg ........65.00mcg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8
Tocopherol, total...............................2.24900mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
-Tocopherol, alpha.............................16.59352mg .............?mg missing items:1, 5
-Tocopherol, beta...............................0.11952mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8
-Tocopherol, gamma..............................0.71720mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
-Tocopherol, delta..............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
-Tocotrienol, alpha.............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
-Tocotrienol, beta..............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Biogenic amines
Serotonine......................................1.73000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tyramine........................................3.97899mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Dopamine........................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Noradrenaline...................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tryptamine......................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Cadaverine......................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Histamine.......................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Putrescine......................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Spermidine......................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Spermine........................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Fruit acids
Salicylic acid..................................1.03800mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Volatile acid.................................272.06751mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Malic acid...................................2574.17721mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Citric acid.................................22183.96624mg .............?mg missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Lactic acid.....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tartaric acid...................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Glycolic acid...................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Oxalic acid total...............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Oxalic acid soluble.............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Chlorogenic acid................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Quinic acid.....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Gallic acid.....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Succinic acid total.............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Acetic acid.....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Ferulic acid....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Malonic acid....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Fumaric acid....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Pyruvic acid....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Oxaloacetic acid................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Alpha ketoglut. acid............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Caffeic acid....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Para-coumaric acid..............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Total sugar....................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Reducing sugar..................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Non reducing sugar..............................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Glucose........................................48.30802g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Fructose.......................................58.94515g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Lactose.........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Maltose.........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Galactose.......................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Sucrose........................................90.16456g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Xylose..........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Pentosan........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Hexosan.........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Pectin..........................................1.79983g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Inositol........................................3.97637g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Starch..........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Cellulose.......................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Polyuronic......................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Sorbitol........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Xylitol.........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Mannitol........................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Myoinositol.....................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Lipids

Fatty acids, total saturated...................7.63450g ..............?g missing items:4, 7
4:0, butanoic, butyric, tetranoic...............0.00000g ..............?g missing items:4, 7, 8
6:0, hexanoic, caproic..........................0.00083g ..............?g missing items:4, 7, 8
8:0, octanoic, caprylic.........................0.15936g ..............?g missing items:4, 7, 8
10:0, decanoic, capric..........................0.01151g ..............?g missing items:4, 7, 8
12:0, dodecanoic, lauric........................0.05622g ..............?g missing items:4, 7, 8
13:0, tridecanoic...............................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
14:0, tetradecanoic, myristic...................0.97326g ..............?g missing items:4
15:0, pentadecyclic.............................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
16:0, hexadecanoic, palmitic...................20.08364g ..............?g
17:0, heptadecanoic, margaric...................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
18:0, octadecanoic, stearic.....................3.62994g ..............?g
20:0, eicosanoic, arachidic.....................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
22:0, docosanoic, behenic.......................0.65000g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
24:0, tetracosanoic, lignoceric.................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Fatty acids total monounsat...................34.73913g ..............?g missing items:4, 7, 8
14:1............................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:2, 4, 6, 7, 8
15:1............................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
16:1, palmitoleic, undiff.......................3.30718g ..............?g
17:1............................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
18:1, oleic, undiff............................75.65542g ..............?g
20:1, eicosaenoic, arachidonic..................0.64786g ..............?g missing items:4
22:1, erucic....................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:2, 4, 6, 7, 8
22:1 undifferentiated...........................1.09000g ..............?g missing items:4, 7
24:1, nervonic, selacholeic, undiff.............0.00000g ..............?g missing items:2, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8

Fatty acids, total polyunsat...................5.38971g ..............?g missing items:4, 7, 8
18:2, linoleic, undifferentiated...............12.29159g ..............?g
18:3, linolenic, undifferentiated...............1.55287g ..............?g
18:4............................................0.19000g ..............?g missing items:4, 7
20:2 n-6 c,c....................................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
20:3 undifferentiated ..........................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:1, 3, 4, 6, 7, 8
20:4 undifferentiated...........................0.00000g ..............?g missing items:4, 7, 8
20:5 n-3, eicosapentaenoic......................0.70900g ..............?g missing items:4, 7
22:5 n-3, docosapentaenoic......................0.49775g ..............?g missing items:4
22:6 n-3, docosahexaenoic.......................2.32927g ..............?g missing items:4

Total sterols..................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Cholesterol..................................1298.46000mg .............?mg missing items:4
Phytosterols..................................179.29886mg .............?mg missing items:1, 4, 5, 7, 8
Stigmasterols...................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Campesterols....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Beta sistosterols...............................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Total purines..................................0.03286mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Adenine.........................................0.01608mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8
Guanine.........................................0.01159mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8

Others
Glutathione.....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Lignin..........................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Tannins.........................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Theobromine.....................................0.00000mg .............?mg missing items:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Iodine deficinency worries me a bit.. and also some of the other ratios that are low. Can I please get an opinion on how it all looks? I should mention that I try to vary my meat/fish intake: salmon, beef, other fish (still trying out what works), scallops..
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

It also strikes me that my Vitamin A is much higher than recommended. I wonder if that may be a problem. I also wonder if that may be a problem if one tries to get pregnant? I mean, Vitamin A in high ratios is likely to cause fetal damage? :S
Are there any other opinions from Wai when you want to get pregnant?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The 1:2 or 2:1 ratio is just a guideline. The more active one is, the higher that ratio can/will be. Your ratio is 2.86:1, so that's fine. What I do see is that you consume almost 3000kcal, which is quite high for someone of 1m63, unless you're very active. Since you want to lose weight, you might want to either lower that directly and/or start to listen very carefully to the energy needs of your body. Do you always eat because you feel your body needs it, or just to finish the meal or because it's 'on the menu"? In any case you haven't made the mistake of not eating enough, so that's great. :)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Yeah, I think I usually consume a bit less than that, it is unlikely that I would get all that salmon, yolk, olive oil, avocado and dates in my body every day, it is more that I vary between them within the week, but it made sense to add them here to get an idea what nutrients I get, but perhaps I should add smaller amounts as spread throughout the week... since there are things that I don't consume every day.. But still I might consume a bit too much. The last days I have been eating a bit more because I needed some comfort foods, ie foods that are not on the strict diet. :( But usually I think I might eat a bit too much esp yolk and protein. But I*ll try to manage that. But I am kinda active, I dance almost 5 nights a week and between 2-4 hours every time. Of course dance lessons are varying in tempo, quicker, slower, some standing still.. etc. :) But I do have the impulse to fill up on glycogen to avoid feeling dizzy or discomfort..
I think I have lost some, it feels like it when I pinch my skin... :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Actually your ratio could be higher if you're that active, more like 1:3.5 or so, but just experiment with what feels the best. Cravings are tough, we all have/had to deal with those, but they diminish and disappear after a while, if you're 100%. I know, that doesn't help now... ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

abicahsoul wrote:some days ago I read in a thread a comment by RRM that if you eatsufficient egg yolks and fatty fish you could skip the olive oil.
It differs because it depends on your activity level;
the more active, the less fat you need, relatively.
understand why it would be good to let it fluctuate..?
Not to let it fluctuate.
Its with regards to losing weight; that was about finding out at what point exactly your body will be in need for direct energy.
This because initially it may be hard to listen to your blood sugar level.
Learning about the lower level in the morning may ease you into listening to your energy levels throughout the day.
Why would that fool the body to lose fat and not burn protein or muscle or something?
Thats not the purpose, indeed.
The purpose was about listening to your energy levels,
which may be easier when your first learn about needing energy.
(as first learning about dark and light may ease you into learning about colours)
that means that the fat intake would also be just 1 time
No, you can also munch on nuts,
or add OO to your juices, for example.
I have been thinking, the sipping and drinking of OJ, or eating a fruit or two in a 'meal', does that mean a big leap in the blood sugar?
the more frequent and smaller your meals, the smaller the fluctuations in blood sugar.
Is that a big risk for diabetes
Insulin responds equallly much to protein as to sugars.
The smaller the meals, the smaller the risks, so that on this diet the risks are minimized.
skipping some more fat is a good idea when one wants to loose weight.
No, its not the fat that you consume, but the fat that your store.
They are not the same, at all.
Fats from small meals are used for replenishing blood fatty acids (they are burned 24/7)
Any energy from a big meal is far more likely to be stored as bodyfat.
is your opinion nowadays on Wai diet that it is important to balance the fat and sugar ratio during the course of the whole day?
Yes, depending on your activity level.
is that only during the active hours?
Yes.
does that mean bigger glycemic load -> insulin production/fluctuations
No. Sugars immediately used for energy do not burden the insulin system.
during training, is it better to have just fresh raw sieved juice and sugar, or should one add some oil?
just a few drops, to prevent acid reflux / burn.
I have had some fall throughs this last week. ... Unfortunately that's how I respond to unhappy times.
dont worry about it, its no problem at all.
Just start fresh.
Never beat up yourself over it.
simply start fresh.
I feel a bit defeated since I had some munchies, but ok
If you are going to stay on this diet, things like that just make you stronger.
Never be disappointed in yourself.
You are trying, so be proud of yourself.
You are trying, and thats all that counts.
You will get there. It doesnt matter how many fights you lose,
as you will win the battle.
Luckily, it gets easier with time.
Iodine deficinency worries me a bit..
No, its okay.
If you are worried, consuming seafish would be an easy solution.
some of the other ratios that are low
I dont think so.
which one are you thinking about?