Starting the diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
FoundTheWai
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Starting the diet

Post by FoundTheWai »

No salt.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I forgot that broccoli is not that low in protein, compared to some other veggies.
5% cauliflower
3% broccoli
2% leek
2% red cabbage
2% asparagus
2% french beans
1% chinese leaves
1% squash
1% rhubarb
1% aubergine
1% onion

A long time ago, my favourite munch food used to be sauteed onions.
Are you back to 100% strict to clear your skin?
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

Yes. I took out grapefruits of my diet.
Apples and bananas, raw egg yolks and orange juice only.

About that list, lower % is better right? Cause it'd be fun to experiment with onions after I'm clear.
Btw, does cooking method matter? Like is it better to boil vegetables than bake or stir fry them?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

FoundTheWai wrote: Apples and bananas, raw egg yolks and orange juice only.
Perfect. You dont like avocado?
About that list, lower % is better right?
Yes.
does cooking method matter? Like is it better to boil vegetables than bake or stir fry them?
Yes, the less heat, the better.
Boiling in water does not go beyond 100 degrees Celsius.
Baking using fat allows much higher temps. Stir frying is even hotter.
And of course deep frying is worst.
Its best to heat in water till (almost) boiling, and then take it off the heat, which you may repeat a couple of time,
until the veggies are sufficiently done. (like slow cooking)
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Steaming might also be a good option if you have or can get that little tray you put in the pan. It is cheap.
Steaming might also be a lower temp as I think the steam doesn't go up to 100 degrees Celsius?
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

Just curious, can not eating enough calories cause acne? I ran out of oranges so I stopped drinking juice completely.
Also, how much olive oil should I be drinking? I drink about one gulp-worth of oil after eating 3-4 apples and about half a gulp-worth on my tomato/avocado/cucumber salad later in the evening. Can consuming too little or too much olive oil cause acne?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

FoundTheWai wrote:Just curious, can not eating enough calories cause acne?
Yes, it can. Thats because the body then breaks down large proteins for energy, resulting in lots of smaller fractions,
which (combined) retain more water than the big one.
Its very important to consume sufficient energy constantly.
how much olive oil should I be drinking? I drink about one gulp-worth of oil after eating 3-4 apples and about half a gulp-worth on my tomato/avocado/cucumber salad later in the evening.
Thats sounds about right.
The more physically active you are, the less oil you need. (active muscles need sugars, resting muscles need fats)
Can consuming too little or too much olive oil cause acne?
Only if your sugar intake is inaccurate (too large meals) and if your sugar metabolism is a bit out of wack,
so thats very unlikely.
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

Since I still don't have a juicer and more oranges to juice, should I just drank Tropicana (flash pasteurized) or just skip juices for next couple days until I can get a juicer and/or more oranges.
CSIV

Post by CSIV »

I'd say, if you can get enough energy, go without juice. If you will likely have trouble with energy, drink the Tropicana.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

My idea.
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. My face has bumps everywhere and it's not getting any better (or worse). It's been like this 5 days now. When I first started the diet, I had good results... now I'm not seeing any?
It's becoming harder and harder to resist eating non-Wai things since I'm not seeing quick results like I did at the start.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

How long have you been on it? I think it takes a little time to clear things up, even if you had result in the beginning. That's what it was like for me. And even now, every time I step out of the stricter wai, I have a worsening.. But then it clears up after a few days. But in the beginning there seemed like the skin was still breaking out, only less. I think you stated that you only stayed on strict wai for like a week? And then had other things. Perhaps you need to commit for longer? Or if you can't, just accept that every slip outside the diet will make you break out, but that it gets a bit better all the time? No idea, it works for me. Just my thoughts.:)
Iris

Post by Iris »

Could be you are still not eating enough, so your body is forced to burn body fat, which can cause new acne. Or maybe you are eating something wrong.
How long are you on the diet now?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

FoundTheWai wrote:I don't understand what I'm doing wrong. My face has bumps everywhere and it's not getting any better (or worse). It's been like this 5 days now. When I first started the diet, I had good results... now I'm not seeing any?
Thats because of the munch food experiments.
Once you have cleared your skin with the Wai diet, your skin becomes more vulnerable
to the ill effects of munchfoods.
And your skin will struggle harder to get clear after trying out munch foods.
Why?
Because its about osmosis; osmosis is about a shift in water balance initiated by a relative difference in water retaining molecules,
regardless of the total (absolute) number of such molecules.
Initially it was very easy to decrease the number of water retaining molecules in the true skin (regardless of absolute number),
because your previous diet was very bad regarding acne.
Getting clean first, and then experimenting with just a little munch foods, your starting point is very, very different.
The very small increase in water retaining molecules was enough to cause a new shift in water retention.
And it takes a long time of cleaning up to get rid of all those extra water retaining molecules that now still maintain that shift in water retention.

An analogy:
If the park is filled with rubbish, its easy to make it cleaner by picking up some stuff. (immediate results when starting to work)
But once it is totally clean, and then gets a bit polluted again,
you need to pick up every single piece of trash before it is equally clean again. (only results after all the work has been done)
It's becoming harder and harder to resist eating non-Wai things since I'm not seeing quick results like I did at the start.
Well, its a simple choice:
Do you want clear skin, or not?
You know its possible. Simply maintain the 100% strict version of the diet long enough, and you will be clear.
Then, once your skin is clear, you decide how badly you want your skin to stay clear
versus how badly you want to experiment with munch foods.
FoundTheWai

Post by FoundTheWai »

Cleared up again... just have a few dark spots left (not bumpy).
I've been on the diet for roughly 3 weeks now.
So far the munch foods I've tried are baked potatoes (no salt or anything, with skin), boiled potatoes (no salt), raw onions and steamed broccoli.
I'm not sure what made me break out, when I first tried potatoes I experienced a breakout after 1 day. I tried potatoes again, but boiled it. Seemed to make no noticeable difference in my skin. I tried broccoli and I think it made me break out, but it could also be from the lack of calories? I think I will try eating seaweed/laver next. Just going to wait a couple more days before I eat it, to make sure I'm 100% clear.
Btw, what exactly is seaweed?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laver_(seaweed)
Wikipedia says it's a type of algae with salt, does that mean it's a vegetable?