26 days off accutane, the pimples are comming back :(

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: 26 days off accutane, the pimples are comming back :(

Post by Oscar »

Hehehe, I think we've got a number of lurkers too ;)
waipete

Post by waipete »

well I guess this is day mmmm day 5
day 5 - Woke up to 2 pimples, wow thats the least I ever had since I went on this diet, odd places too.. 1 on my neck, which is a new place to breakout ever since accutane cleared me up, and my corner part where my ear connects to my face lol never broke out there before. Seems to me after accutane I started to break out starting from the nose, and the breakout widened as the days went by now I can breakout all over my face, above my hairline behind my head. It seems accutane effects are wearing off, for the skin anyways, but for the eyes I still seem like my vision is blurred at far distances also my eyes get severely red after a shower, those don't bother me I can live with it but It makes me wonder if it is a warning sign..?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

waipete wrote:It seems accutane effects are wearing off, for the skin anyways
Ah, thats great!
, but for the eyes I still seem like my vision is blurred at far distances also my eyes get severely red after a shower, those don't bother me I can live with it but It makes me wonder if it is a warning sign..?
The blurry vision may persist quite some time it seems.
It seems to me that the blurry vision and the redness is caused by the same thing;
diminished 'hydration' of the eyes; dry eyes are known to be a possible 'permanent' side effect of Accutane.
Accutane accelerates cell death of various cells, maybe also affecting the outer-eye tear film.
Hopefully you will recover completely, eventually.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Can I just say something? There is also this related thing to acne called Rosacea. It can sometimes feature red and dry and itchy eyes, perhaps even blurred vision?
Rosacea can appear differently in different persons but can also give rise to pimples..
Perhaps find some eye drops.. to ease the symptom?
And read up on the symptom.. or go to the doc to exclude rosacea and related eye problems?
I have been thinking also, has anybody had a good effect with Wai on rosacea? I guess it might work for that too..
waipete

Post by waipete »

RRM wrote:The blurry vision may persist quite some time it seems.
It seems to me that the blurry vision and the redness is caused by the same thing;
diminished 'hydration' of the eyes; dry eyes are known to be a possible 'permanent' side effect of Accutane.
Accutane accelerates cell death of various cells, maybe also affecting the outer-eye tear film.
Hopefully you will recover completely, eventually.
allergies already gave me dry eyes all my life anyways, my eyes feel no different then before, but the redness.. eyes look worse then I've seen any stoner ever look, maybe I'll shower at night from now on except for Halloween.
abicahsoul wrote:Can I just say something? There is also this related thing to acne called Rosacea. It can sometimes feature red and dry and itchy eyes, perhaps even blurred vision?
Rosacea can appear differently in different persons but can also give rise to pimples..
Perhaps find some eye drops.. to ease the symptom?
And read up on the symptom.. or go to the doc to exclude rosacea and related eye problems?
I have been thinking also, has anybody had a good effect with Wai on rosacea? I guess it might work for that too..
Well the symptoms say red cysts, and small red bumps, red and pink patches. Well my acne always starts from a whitehead pimple, it never started from a red bump, acne only ever went to a cyst when a bunch of pimples formed in one spot, always had red patches, but that goes hand in hand with pimples. I am very interested in this, my cousin said she has rosacea and that seems very true, I've asked her to go on the diet but she doesn't want to commit..

As for eye drops, ever since accutane and this diet, I been scared to use any sorta drug, heck I don't even use antihistamines for my allergies anymore.
waipete

Post by waipete »

day 6 - woke up to about 5 pimples 2 medium, 3 small ones, felt a bit discouraged, thought I was making good progress
day 7(today) - woke up to 2 very small pimples, best result ever, red skin is clearing up even more :D

Oh boy I asked my friend also if he wanted to go on hes got bad acne, but he didn't wanna commit either.. perhaps if i show him some results he will want to.
waipete

Post by waipete »

I think I'm gonna tear up, first day to not have a single new pimple :D

I think im on day 7 of the diet, im not 100% due to the tropicana pure premium but wow im bedazzled this is great :D
waipete

Post by waipete »

No wait I lied I actually looked closer and I had 9 pimples :O ehhh o well they are hard to see.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hehehe.
waipete

Post by waipete »

RRM wrote:
waipete wrote:
RRM wrote:How long have you been off the Accutane?
49 days
Thats a bitch...
The effects of Accutane are known to last for half a year easily.
Some of these effects (such as tightening of the skin) may strongly interfere with eliminating acne by doing the Wai diet.
What exactly did you mean by this statement, that 6months was an easy figure to derive and it could also easily last even more like 6 months to a year? or was it perhaps an estimation of 4-6months?

Anyhow it's been 6 2/3 months since my last pill, uhh I also noticed the diet kicked in pretty fast I started wednesday which was a day of 90% 1800ml tropicana. Thursday about 65% tropicana, lots of handful of chips, couple cups of pop, couple home made burritos. Friday was a day of 90% wai (1800ml tropicana) I managed to go from looking pretty horrible to not bad and only 1-2 pimples. Saturday was another day of about 65%( 3 bowls of beef and vegetable soup some salt, bowl of spicy noddle soup 1800ml tropicana ) I'm looking even better on this day just 2 medium pimples. This morning I woke up my face looked very nice 2 very small pimples and my face's skin tone is looking great also. I can't imagine how it would be if I was 100%.

My face is however somewhat dry (a few noticeable parts on my nose that I would peel off), if I were to wash it id find a lot of dead skin, then I would think the underlying skin would be red and rough looking, usually is that way, I haven't washed it in 3 days. I am enjoying my days with a little bit of munch foods here and there I just wonder if I'll break out a few days down? Time will tell.
waipete

Post by waipete »

Also I think the reason why I'm not to focused, I'd really like to see how much of an effect drinking has on my skin because every time I fell off the diet it was due to drinking, and heavy breakouts followed and it took at least a week to recover.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

waipete wrote:What exactly did you mean by this statement, that 6months was an easy figure to derive and it could also easily last even more like 6 months to a year?
Yes, and even longer according to individual reports.
My face is however somewhat dry
Of course it is. thats what Accutane does.
waipete wrote:I'd really like to see how much of an effect drinking has on my skin
You can simply occasionally drink vodka-orange juice, without any adverse effects on your skin.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Or some organic red wine, just stay below 3 medium glasses!
waipete

Post by waipete »

RRM wrote:
waipete wrote: My face is however somewhat dry
Of course it is. thats what Accutane does.
Yes interesting, yeah my face is dry but not as dry as it used to be, I thought this was my body finding it's moisture\oil balance?
RRM wrote:
waipete wrote:I'd really like to see how much of an effect drinking has on my skin
You can simply occasionally drink vodka-orange juice, without any adverse effects on your skin.
vodka oj, I do drink that, but I often go overboard and go for 3 days. Maybe ill experiment in the future, plan it out so I don't get caught up in the moment.
overkees wrote:Or some organic red wine, just stay below 3 medium glasses!
Although A great drink, I think I maybe allergic to red wine, I noticed while washing a bunch of wine\champagne\ my nose gets irritated, but I think it's specifically the red wine.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

waipete wrote: Yes interesting, yeah my face is dry but not as dry as it used to be, I thought this was my body finding it's moisture\oil balance?
In the initial stages of the diet yes.
How long have you been on the diet now?