26 days off accutane, the pimples are comming back :(

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
waipete
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

26 days off accutane, the pimples are comming back :(

Post by waipete »

before accutane I had HORRIBLE Acne producing up to 50 pimples a day (24hours) I would litterly have to check the mirror every hour and more would always be there:(, So I was on accutane for 5 months. Now it cleared me up extremely well and the doctor says it will cure me 80% of the time. Past weeks my skin is starting to get oily starting from the center of the nose going outwards and my cheeks have dry spots. Now the pimples have surfaced once again and my doctor told me to contact him if it had arisen again, yesterday i woke up with 3 pimples on the side of my nose, today I woke up with 2 one on my nose, and one under the nostril. To me this looks like its coming back and I have no problem with going back on accutane at all it has saved my life, from becoming sober to cleaning my skin up. I accidentally stumbled apon this site which seems oddly like no other, there is no product to buy and no ads and the admin looks very helpful also I see no negatives said about it. I have to give this a try, 2 weeks psssh nothing, but I do need some help beginning :D firstly my current situation, my diet.

I workout 4 days a week and with this diet I am on I was hoping to gain weight I am currently 5'6 134lbs and was looking to move up to 160, I've been on this diet for 4 weeks but haven't stuck to it because of family issues, although I have used this diet before and it did gain me 2lb a week (Just goes to show how much of a hardgainer I am). Anyways I'm willing to stop working out for a couple weeks to aide myself into the Wai diet (also no smoking ciggarettes). I'm also a practicing Buddhism, it works wonders for stress and other things, and it's all about simplifying life, becoming totally natural, this diet seems before fire was used which seems as natural as it can get :D

Some concerns
how to start off with eggs? 1 yolk a day? I hate wasting the white part of the egg.
raw salmon? where do I start? all i know is canned salmon which is probably pressure cooked.
fruits? are all fruits ok (except for berries)?
avoid tap water? Can I use a shower filter?

Thank you.
waipete

Re: 26 days off accutane, the pimples are comming back :(

Post by waipete »

I forgot to point out also I had eczema for the most of my child years up to 17 where it no longer was bad. Today I am 23 my skin is very dry and goodbumpy and only sometimes gets itchy. I have had allergies as a kid also being alergic to almost anything with a scent such as, cats, perfume, mold, dust, cigarette smoke, eatinig cherries, ??vinigar scent?? cat scratches, moisture (skin redens, gets itchy even with a shower filter and no soap) some of them disappeared when I went on my current diet and exercise. looking forward to Wai.

I just ate a orange, 1/3 english cucumber w/o peelings, a few slices of tomatoes, and a raw omega egg yolk for breakfast.

another concern, what do I do for water? I currently drink 2 litres of tap water a day, I used to drink brita water I can do that if its necessary.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Hi Waipete, welcome. I have been on this diet a few months.. But just wanted to say something. I also had accutane two times in my life. Works like a charm on acne, but it is very bad for your body, and especially your liver. You wrote something about being sober? If you ever had alcohol problems I guess your liver isn't in the very best of states, then you should definitely NOT go on aCCUTANE again. Besides - as I remember it was hella expensive.

I see from the diet plan you posted that you will gonna have to make some big changes.. and leave to the admin to comment.
I know Brita water, it tastes good. I am not sure if Brita mineralizes while cleaning, or? As long as it doesnt' heighten the content of minerals I guess it is ok.
And for the general condition of your skin, with dry, bumpy, itch, I think you can expect this diet to work for that as well. As it has to do with the general behaviour of the skin (did you find and read the free acne book, and the main wai home page?).

Then I am personally in this rave about extra virgin coconut oil (which is an unrefined and cold pressed virgin coconut oil), there are several brands, just make sure that it says extra virgin. You can also read about it online. There are a few sites that also sell the stuff.. so they're naturally raving about it.. but also on the acne board there are some people who tried the extra virgin stuff and says its good. But do not use the hydrogenated or refined or heat treated stuff, cuz that's gonna be bad for your skin - at leat that there seems to be some agreement about. But this is just my personal experience. It is not really official recommendation of this site. The oil is also rather/very expensive so it would be bad if it didnt' work. But it seems that extra virgin coconut oil really has a good effect on different skin problems. :)

And also it is important when you start this diet that you are off all your acne meds. No more accutane. And how's your liver, I guess during your accutane you had to make liver tests?

I don't think you have to give up your fitness excercise.. perhaps just take it a bit easy first?

And it is very important to stop using creams, lotions, tonics, soaps, etc etc on your skin (body & face), cuz it will destroy the good effects of eating the diet.

Just pat with low mineral water, cucumber juice/ slice, or pure rosewater (no other ingredients) on a cotton pad.. and perhaps a little oil where needed. About the extra virgin stuff I even heard it works to put straight on the acne, and that it even helps. But that's hearsay.. But perhaps try it once or twice/ or on small area. Other than that just let skin rest from all kinds of products.. There are several threads here about how to solve your hygiene issues. :D
Good luck.. and soon some admin or mod will come and give you more precise advice. I jsut wanted to say hi and share some. :D
waipete

Post by waipete »

Thank you very much for your reply abicahsoul
abicahsoul wrote:Hi Waipete, welcome. I have been on this diet a few months.. But just wanted to say something. I also had accutane two times in my life. Works like a charm on acne, but it is very bad for your body, and especially your liver. You wrote something about being sober? If you ever had alcohol problems I guess your liver isn't in the very best of states, then you should definitely NOT go on aCCUTANE again. Besides - as I remember it was hella expensive.
I was drinking about 0-2 times a week before I went on accutane, my whole family and friends drank more or less like this, it was a trend I followed that accutane helped me break away from. I was sober for 5 months I was on it, hopped right back on the wagon once my accutane meds were over, had a bad hangover and now I never wanna go back to drinking life. I have good insurance so price wasn't a concern. The only problem I seem to have is my vision has gotten worse. If this diet doesn't work, I will go back to accutane.
abicahsoul wrote:I see from the diet plan you posted that you will gonna have to make some big changes.. and leave to the admin to comment.
I know Brita water, it tastes good. I am not sure if Brita mineralizes while cleaning, or? As long as it doesnt' heighten the content of minerals I guess it is ok.
And for the general condition of your skin, with dry, bumpy, itch, I think you can expect this diet to work for that as well. As it has to do with the general behaviour of the skin (did you find and read the free acne book, and the main wai home page?).
Brita water is not demineralized, I will have to maybe buy water, which sounds expensive. Here is the shower filter I use
according to the http://www.spritewater.com/showerx.htm
Chlorgon & KDF - The only non-carbon filtering media to remove:
Free Chlorine (Cl-), Combined Chlorine (Sodium Hypochlorite), Hydrogen Sulfide (rotten egg smell), Iron oxide (rust water), Dirt, sediment, Odors, Plus, its pH balanced

This is all I can really afford to do ATM.
abicahsoul wrote: Then I am personally in this rave about extra virgin coconut oil (which is an unrefined and cold pressed virgin coconut oil), there are several brands, just make sure that it says extra virgin. You can also read about it online. There are a few sites that also sell the stuff.. so they're naturally raving about it.. but also on the acne board there are some people who tried the extra virgin stuff and says its good. But do not use the hydrogenated or refined or heat treated stuff, cuz that's gonna be bad for your skin - at leat that there seems to be some agreement about. But this is just my personal experience. It is not really official recommendation of this site. The oil is also rather/very expensive so it would be bad if it didnt' work. But it seems that extra virgin coconut oil really has a good effect on different skin problems. :)
I'm on a budget and I can't afford it, I'm sorta looking for the cheapest solution w/o having to go out of the city, For now anyways.
abicahsoul wrote: And also it is important when you start this diet that you are off all your acne meds. No more accutane. And how's your liver, I guess during your accutane you had to make liver tests?
Completely off them. My liver is ok now I guess I haven't done anything detrimental to it since my last drink 24 days ago.
abicahsoul wrote:I don't think you have to give up your fitness excercise.. perhaps just take it a bit easy first?
Yeah, I'm just not sure how much to eat.
abicahsoul wrote: And it is very important to stop using creams, lotions, tonics, soaps, etc etc on your skin (body & face), cuz it will destroy the good effects of eating the diet.

Just pat with low mineral water, cucumber juice/ slice, or pure rosewater (no other ingredients) on a cotton pad.. and perhaps a little oil where needed. About the extra virgin stuff I even heard it works to put straight on the acne, and that it even helps. But that's hearsay.. But perhaps try it once or twice/ or on small area. Other than that just let skin rest from all kinds of products.. There are several threads here about how to solve your hygiene issues. :D
Good luck.. and soon some admin or mod will come and give you more precise advice. I jsut wanted to say hi and share some. :D
Thanks I will try the cucumber slice, Thanks so much for sharing, you made me feel better about following this diet already :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I notice you're getting 3500kcal per day, which means you have to aim for the same amount (or a little less). Basically every fruit is okay. One way to cut costs is to use sugar for energy, but you still have to make sure you're getting enough micronutrients.
Normally starting with one yolk per day should be fine, though if your immune system is weak, start with as little as one teaspoon. After a week increase the one yolk to two.
Fish can be bought from a fishmonger.
You will probably have to experiment later on to find your protein tolerance/need, to find the balance between muscles and acne. RRM can tell you more about that (or read more on this forum). For starters though, get rid of your acne and abide by the rules of the Acne Sample Diet: http://www.waiworld.com/waicure/acnesamplediet.html
waipete

Post by waipete »

Oscar wrote:I notice you're getting 3500kcal per day, which means you have to aim for the same amount (or a little less). Basically every fruit is okay. One way to cut costs is to use sugar for energy, but you still have to make sure you're getting enough micronutrients.
Normally starting with one yolk per day should be fine, though if your immune system is weak, start with as little as one teaspoon. After a week increase the one yolk to two.
Fish can be bought from a fishmonger.
I really jumped the gun I went straight to 3 yolks, next day I went to 2 yolks (got itchy hive like so I skipped yolk 3), next day I was outta town so 0 yolks, this morning I had 2 yolks. I'm eating about 80% Wai because my friend offer me McDonalds and he never ever is generous so I accepted outta kindness ( it was the first time I ate mcdonalds in a year).
You will probably have to experiment later on to find your protein tolerance/need, to find the balance between muscles and acne. RRM can tell you more about that (or read more on this forum). For starters though, get rid of your acne and abide by the rules of the Acne Sample Diet: http://www.waiworld.com/waicure/acnesamplediet.html
My acne is almost 100% clear just some redness that's about it. I have been breaking out everyday since 5 days ago but since i started weening in the diet the pimples have been going away, sometimes I notice they surface then it comes out in a hard glob within 3-6 hours or just comes leaks out. Yes that sounds right, for this week I will be weening myself on the diet, next week try to be 100% wai as possible and follow for another week, then week 4 I will start to integrate my exercise routine with increasing proteins.

Thank you guys for the replies, this really makes me happy.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good. If you can tolerate 2 yolks already then that's fine. Listening to your body is always important.
You're welcome :)
waipete

Post by waipete »

I keep getting hives.. I'm sure it's just an allergic reaction, and it seems to be the eggs yolks giving it to me.. I ate them in the morning, hives at night, continued till when I woke up (now). Not sure it could be the tomatoes also, not even sure I guess. Also woke up with many small small whiteheads, I know this is supposed to happen :D.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Usually an allergic reaction happens within an hour or so, so between morning and evening is too long a gap.
waipete

Post by waipete »

small little red bumps that are itchy, I think they are mosquito bites I had when I had when I fell asleep in a car. If anything further develops i'll ask a doctor and post here. I feel totally fine besides all that.

DAY 2 almost over and keeping it 100% so far ;).

2 big pimples around my nose, all the smaller hard to see ones went away.
waipete

Post by waipete »

DAY 3 ate some packaged raw shelled almonds and raw shelled cashews from California, before reading It's bad too:(. I was a bit confused about the word shelled and hand shelled, thinking nuts without the shell were good :? lol o well. Now I know nuts shelled are usually done by heat which is bad, so back to day 1. 3 big whitehead pimples around my nose.

DAY 1 Read a lot more of the freeacnebook just to be sure I can get through my 2 weeks without any errors, very interesting read so far :). Up to 3 eggs a day :) itchiness has gone away, pimples from yesterday have gone away, 1 still fading, no new pimples, had to deny a dinner/alcohol invite, my family tends to throw jokes at me about my diet lol I laugh n make jokes too :). Face still really dry, can't find a place to buy some oil, maybe I should just tough it out till my skin will naturally go smooth, right? Haven't used anything for a week but water, and some cucumber slices this morning cause I was desperate.
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Do you have a health food shop in the area? There you can find extra virgin coconut oil.. and perhaps I exaggerated, its not that expensive.. and it last long.. I think it is good to keep skin protected by a bit oil if it feels dry. *tough it out* - it has no point in itself, or?
waipete

Post by waipete »

abicahsoul wrote:Do you have a health food shop in the area? There you can find extra virgin coconut oil.. and perhaps I exaggerated, its not that expensive.. and it last long.. I think it is good to keep skin protected by a bit oil if it feels dry. *tough it out* - it has no point in itself, or?
I bought this http://www.sangsters.com/news.php?news=58
It says its 100% extra virgin coconut oil, organic. not sure if it's cold pressed.
It cost me 20$ CAN which is equivalent to US dollars, not bad considering like u said it last long. The oil is very hard and compressed no added water so you get a lot for your buck :D

DAY2 woke up 1 small unnoticeable pimple rest of my pimples faded, ate 3apples 5oranges and 8(40ml) teaspoons of OO half a Hot house tomato (no peelings) half a english cucumber (no peelings), 3 egg yolks (with the bag, didn't know it was useless to eat the bag, now i know.) Well I didn't eat that much that day because of work, and I had no juice, all i brought was 2 oranges with me and for 9 hours thats all i ate, I noticed 4 hours into my shift I had 1 pimple from the morning then I checked 2 hours later I broke out with 2 more big pimples (yikes), I thought it maybe due to the starvation I did to myself.

I so far lost 4pounds(134-130) since I was on this diet I've been on it for 7 days, I know im losing all my muscles :( but I must keep 100% wai and make sure not to under eat, I need a juicer for work, I'm also not doing any exercise at all, besides work which can be as active as walking to lifting 20 pounds above your head (dishwashing). The less dry parts of my skin is soooo soft, my skin has never been so soft It's almost like a babys bottom, and the dry patches seemed to be getting softer :D

Another concern is I dishwash and the steam from the machine is sometimes in my face (this is rinse water so it's like tap water). I hear minerals are to heavy to float is that true? so the steam can be good? what about the chlorine n other bad stuff can they float?
waipete

Post by waipete »

I bought a juice extractor, for 60$ I looked all over for a hand juicer but this electronic juice extractor is the cheapest thing I could find. Well It uses a tube to shove the orange in and small blades circulate at loud high speeds up to 800 watts and pulp is separated from the juice through a filter. I think I am gonna take it back as it looks like it would cause the fruit to heat up. http://www.walmart.com/ip/GE-Juice-Extractor/12311470

any recommendations?
abicahsoul

Post by abicahsoul »

Yes, for oranges that's not a good idea. You don't need an extractor for oranges you need a citrus press, a juice press. One where you cut the oranges in halves and squeeze them on a cone.. if u can find an electric that's the best.
I'd take it back, because I think the small blades are like a mixer, and as far as I understand that's not so good? Or?