Food intake and weight issue

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
paradise
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Food intake and weight issue

Post by paradise »

Hi,

27yrs, 1,60m/5'3", 43kg/95 lbs!!

My normal weight lies around 48kg. I've always been slim, and the highest weight ever was like 53kg after returning from the "big meal" States. ;) But I'd love to get back to a healthy looking slimness.

I've lost weight since the beginning of the year. I had left a longlasting relationship and moved out. I changed my diet then already and also skipped to eat out for lunch to save money. I guess that was the starting point for my body to lose weight. I don't know if it also has anything to do with the big change, new beginning thing. And starting with Wai in May didn't help to gain back weight so far. So I need some advice.

At first I ate way too less, came up to 1100-1400 calories per day. In June I started out eating between 2100-2300 calories. The last two weeks I ate less again around 1200-1400 cal a day, because I wasn't feeling so well emotionally. And it's frustrating to hear from everywhere "you have to gain weight, you have to eat more!" And when I'm asked what I eat, I don't like to explain "loads of fruits" because that usually gives me the response "well, no wonder".

This is what i had today (1st day of eating more than 2000kcal again), the fig was fresh though, the watermelon was 2,6kg in whole so i guessed the eatable:

[Item 1] 3units of Apple (Malus sylvestris), no skin, [1],
[Item 2] 1units of Avocado (Persea americana), California, [1],
[Item 3] 4units of Banana (Musa X paradisiaca), [1],
[Item 4] 3units of Chicken egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [1],
[Item 5] 1units of Fig (Ficus carica), dried, [1][2],
[Item 6] 70ml (milliliters) of Olive oil (Olea europea), [1],
[Item 7] 250ml (milliliters) of Orange juice (Citrus sinensis), fresh, not pasteurized, [1][2],
[Item 8] 1500g (grams) of Watermelon (Citrulhus lanatus), [1][2].

Weight:.................................2923.20g

Energy..................................2347.75kcal
Carbohydrate.............................327.73g
Fat......................................119.80g
Protein...................................29.14g
Water...................................2433.71ml
Fiber.....................................37.44g

I usually eat tomatoes and cucumber every day, too. The fruits change according to availability and graving.
I often read here, the most important thing is to keep my energy / blood sugar level stable. I don't have a juicer, make my OJ by hand.

Would it be okay to sip more OO even without eating fruit just before?

I don't like to use too much extra sugar, either, only with OJ. So I have to peel and eat a lot of whole fruits during the day. Can't have too many bananas, as they are not really my thing, they sometimes give me stomach ache for a couple minutes. My favourites are grapes, cherries, watermelon, mango. For a while i tried to eat two avocados a day, but that makes me dislike them pretty soon.

Is it really bad concerning weight, to have an unstable calorie intake? And is it important to stick to some rhythm for oneself like the time of the first meal in the morning or having the yolks always at the same time of the day? What about getting hungry while already in bed, is the body going to adjust to the time, when the last meal is consumed? As there are people who don't eat after 6pm and not before 12am? Therefore isn't it also important for the digestive system to rest after eating every 30 minutes during the whole day?

Another question that bugs me: Why do we have to eat as much/even more than people on a cooked diet? Don't we get a whole lot more efficient nutrients to fuel the body? I understand that fruits are quickly digested and don't have that long lasting energy releasing effect such as bread. Is it because of all the water in the fruits that makes them less energy-dense?

Sorry for the long post again.
paradise

Re: Food intake and weight issue

Post by paradise »

Today I had about 2160 kcal of Wai safe foods plus a big lunch plate of fried rice. I know, I know, doesn't belong here. :wink:
5 apples
4 bananas
500gr cherries
1 fig
1 pear
3 yolks
70ml OO
250ml OJ

I was feeling full nearly every minute of the day.
But I absolutely don't like how i've been feeling since i had the fried rice: sleepyness, blown up belly, yawning. So I kept eating cherries till the end of work. I had bad breath, yikes. And it made me dislike my fruitsalad for dinner. This blown up stomach makes it hard to breathe. It's giving me headaches, too. :evil: I'm pretty sure new pimples will show up tomorrow. Too bad, but my first priority right now is to gain weight.

How do you know when you have the optimal weight? Except for my skinny look, I've felt super fit so far on the diet. I can't stop thinking that maybe I'm not even underweight, but every one else is just a little overweight due to all the water retention… :wink: :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Most people are at least somewhat overweight and have water retention. If you listen carefully to what your body tells you, you will get to your ideal weight. What that weight is, is difficult to say. It depends on many factors, like your natural build.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Most people are overweight, indeed, so that non-overweight people readily seem to thin in comparison.