Ash's Diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
foxybear
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Ash's Diet

Post by foxybear »

HI All,

My name is Ash, and I've been lurking around for the past few days.. and I'm day two of the diet. I'll give you some general background info..
I've experimented with raw foods, veganism, vegetarianism. I was a vegetarian for 5 years.. In June April-ish.. i started a paleo+cheese +alcohol diet. I thought it was great because it helped with a digestive disorder I have (an autoimmune response from the foods i was digesting.. wheat, gluten, dairy). My paleo diet consisted of fruits and lots of cooked vegetables, cooked meat and cheeses! but then in July, I started breaking out.. badly!! I've always had sensitive skin that was rarely pimple-less.. but oh my god this was horrible cystic acne along my jawline.. both sides. I got depressed about it and I hid in my house (Except for work) for more than a month, constantly picking and masking and worrying and researching about what to do about the acne, during this time I gained ten pounds! Mostly from binging.. So i have a history of drug, marijuana and alcohol use.. i've also had binging and purging issues, that most of the time i keep under control (I've read on the site that someone else has bulimic issues, so i thought i'd mention it.).. Anyways.. long story short, I'm marijuana free for almost two months now (love it!!), I've been drinking in moderation... most of the time, limiting myself to a couple occasions per week, and I've been exercising, and not participating in any binge/purge cycles. So.. back to my acne (which is all related). I didn't start getting horrible acne until i started the paleo diet which consisted mostly of cooked meat, cheese, "raw" shelled nuts, roasted nuts.. etc. At first i thought it was the oranges i was eating spiking my blood sugar so i stopped eating fruit, and went mostly to salads and cheese and heated nuts and a cooked meat. ACNE ACNE ACNE! It won't go away!! SO embarrased!!!

I found this site a few days ago, and i've been hooked ever since. The diet isn't a foreign concept to me because i've eaten only raw foods in the past. But this diet makes the most sense to me. I love it! It's delicious! I've been eating pears, oranges, organic raisins, pineapples.. and my favorite things: raw, wild caught, fresh tuna sashimi and the tomato, cucumber, avocado, OO salad! It's freakin delicious!!

Now I can't expect my acne to get better overnight. I'm a girl, i have to cover my acne when i go to work, so I use makeup (I know the guys will say i don't have to). Do any women out there where makeup? Do any women out there use face products? I know we're only supposed to wash with bottled water.. but I'd like to know if this diet has worked for any women that use any facial products? I'm already more on the natural side, making my own facial masks and cleansers with food items (learned in an attempt to control the acne)..and I use the "natural" makeup. Does anyone have any tips on minimizing the acne cysts? Will they just go away on their own?

Also, I'm planning on staying %100 on the diet.. and having only munch items consisting of white wine this weekend (my friends and I will be done with an exam we've been studying months for, so they expect me to celebrate!) It's going to be hard for me to control my diet during the celebration.. but i'm going to give it my best shot.. my plan is only to munch on white wine.

How many tablespoons of OO do most of you eat in a day? I know it's different for everyone.. so I'd like to take a poll. I haven't been able to get any in-shell nuts, so i'm sticking to the OO for now. I'm also not juicing my oranges, but eating them whole with a tsp of OO for each orange/pear.

Anyways, I've read so much of your posts, i just wanted to introduce myself. I love this diet, i don't feel deprived at all, in fact I feel gourmet with the sashimi and salad! but it's only day 2, and i will be in San Diego, celebrating a long awaited exam, with friends on my day 4.. wish me luck! Best to all of you!
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Ash's Diet

Post by Oscar »

Welcome Ash. :)
I don't measure my OO intake, but I estimate around 6 tbsp per day.
Good luck! :)
dime

Post by dime »

I haven't been eating any OO for a few months, but I just bought today and I'll probably get around 30-40ml/day.
Best to you too!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

foxybear wrote:I'd like to know if this diet has worked for any women that use any facial products?
Yes, that has happened.
It differs per person, depending on how sensitive your skin is.
Does anyone have any tips on minimizing the acne cysts?
Diet is the only way; they will go away on this diet.

Will they just go away on their own?
my plan is only to munch on white wine.
good idea. But stick to the white wine only.
How many tablespoons of OO do most of you eat in a day?
Me 1 to 2 tbsp, but thats because i need a lot of sugars (physically active).
wish me luck!
I wish you determination; thats all you need.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Hey Ash! Welcome!
I eat 4tbsp of OO per day. I've also been eating a lot of egg yolks and avocados lately (30%fat). I'm quite sedentary, opposed to RRM :)

Good luck!
foxybear

Post by foxybear »

Thanks everyone for your replies.. 1st day of vacation and I munched on white wine AND coffee during my flights! I was able to get a side of avocado and an Apple at the LAX airport. How in the world can coffee have so much protein? Definately not worth it! The wine helped relax the nerves though...

Thanks again!
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hi Ash, and welcome! :)
In my experience coconut oil is better than any other facial product, and believe me when I say: I have tried many!
I do wear mineral powder on my face every day, and until now I have just taken it away with oil and then low mineral water. But it was quite difficult to take it all away this way, so now I decided to try out a make up remover from Lush called 9-5, it seems quite good so far, very gentle.

But except for make up remover, the best thing you can do is to just leave your skin alone as much as possible. Try to wash your face as little as possible (except when you take away the make up), try to skip all kinds of masks and so on. If you really want to use masks.... then honey as a mask is good!
But otherwise: coconut oil is the best! I just bought a 1600 ml jar of it myself! :wink:
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
foxybear

Post by foxybear »

Maia, I love Lush products and I will look into the 9-5 makeup remover. I too have tried using oil to remove my makeup, but after going through 15 cotton pads and having to rub them on my face over and over trying to get the last of the makeup off, I figured it wasn't a good idea. I've been using Jane Iredale's mineral makeup... I've always wanted to use coconut oil on my face and I love putting it on my body.. but I was afraid it would clog my pores.

Thanks for the tips!
waipete

Post by waipete »

Hi and welcome

I'm a male, I would think maybe you can use makeup while you heal, then try no makeup when you feel comfortable and to see if the makeup causes a breakout. I too love my alcohol but hate it too cause I binge a lot, in my experiences though it always cleared me up for a couple days, but then slammed me hard right after that. Try not to drink (don't have to listen to me I'm only a 10 days sober :roll: ), for me it leads to munch foods, and it throws off the tempo of the diet. I have about 7tbsp of OO a day which is lot's but I'm trying to gain weight. :) GL
foxybear

Post by foxybear »

waipete wrote:Hi and welcome

I'm a male, I would think maybe you can use makeup while you heal, then try no makeup when you feel comfortable and to see if the makeup causes a breakout. I too love my alcohol but hate it too cause I binge a lot, in my experiences though it always cleared me up for a couple days, but then slammed me hard right after that. Try not to drink (don't have to listen to me I'm only a 10 days sober :roll: ), for me it leads to munch foods, and it throws off the tempo of the diet. I have about 7tbsp of OO a day which is lot's but I'm trying to gain weight. :) GL
Hi Waipete, thanks for sharing! You are right about alcohol causing binges. Especially being away from a kitchen and a grocery store! This weekend I majorly went off the diet.. drank like a college student and ate like crap! I'm just waiting for the pimples to show up. Anyways.. I'm going to follow your lead and stay sober until my Vegas trip in early December. I'm also ambivalent about alcohol.. it's a love hate relationship. Congrats on the 10 days sober! Well, I'm back home and I'm ready to begin again! Cheers to forward progress!