My Wai journal

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
needhelpjjj
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My Wai journal

Post by needhelpjjj »

I am going to use this thread to post everything I am eating while trying out this diet...

Today was my first day on the WAI diet....

Height 5'2"
Weight this morning - 109.4
BMI 20.1
fat % 26.2

I will weigh myself in 10 days when I return home from my road trip...

I decided to start this diet today as I am on vacation from work (no stress) and am doing a road trip with lots of fresh fruits abundantly available... now it seems like a bad idea - with all the other temptations.....
I was off to a great start but things went downhill in the evening :(

I had a laser hair removal appt (in places I dont want to mention - so painful but totally worth the results :) ) at 8:00 am, wrapped that up, came back home and started on my road trip...
Here's what I ate:

7:00 am 1 banana
9:00 am 1 banana
11:00 am 2 cups red grapes
1:00 pm 1.5 cups red grapes
3:00 pm 3 small oranges
4:30 pm cucumber, red bellpepper, OO salad (I assumed the organic cucumber at the grocery store will be as good as the ones I get in my farmers market - it was pretty bad tasting and had to throw out the salad...)
This is when things started going downhill - hotel lobby had fresh baked cookies and hot tea.. I had a few :( and then was craving indian food like crazy (wierd - I hate Indian food usually....) ended up eating - rice, breads, curries and chai
I came back looking for more cookies!!! luckily they ran out... I am dreading the breakfast buffet tomorrow :(

Tomorrow - I will just eat the fruits and take a sip of the olive oil everytime after I eat the fruits to see if that helps
I will be back tomorrow night to post how my day went....

I know if I stick to it the results will be great... need to find the determination/motivation to stick to it...
WILL BE VERY GREATEFUL IF I CAN GET SOME GUIDENCE ON FINDING THE DETERMINATION TO STICK TO THE DIET...

Thank you for reading my post!
needhelpjjj

Re: My Wai journal

Post by needhelpjjj »

Ome more question - I entered what I ate in to fitday and the results are attached..
I know I need to eat the egg/fish for Vitamin D, B12, Omega3, etc....
Are there other fruits I can eat to improve nutrition intake of other micro nutrients/minerals?

Thank you

!
nutri.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maia

Post by Maia »

Hi needhelpjjj! :)
7:00 am 1 banana
9:00 am 1 banana
11:00 am 2 cups red grapes
1:00 pm 1.5 cups red grapes
3:00 pm 3 small oranges
4:30 pm cucumber, red bellpepper, OO salad (I assumed the organic cucumber at the grocery store will be as good as the ones I get in my farmers market - it was pretty bad tasting and had to throw out the salad...)
It is no wonder that you got huge cravings for bad foods, because you ate waaay to little!
Eating around 1 fruit every 2 hours is basically starving yourself. And this can make you break out too, because the body starts to eat your muscles = too much protein in your skin = breakouts.
You should eat fruits every 30 min, or at least every 45 min or one hour. With fat!
Make sure you eat more than 2300 kcal. You can enter what you eat into the nutrient calculator to check it:
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-calcsimple.html
If it is hard for you to eat that much food, you can drink freshly squeezed orange juice with olive oil, (or other fruit juice, just make sure it is freshly made, and not blended!)

This is when things started going downhill - hotel lobby had fresh baked cookies and hot tea.. I had a few and then was craving indian food like crazy (wierd - I hate Indian food usually....) ended up eating - rice, breads, curries and chai
I came back looking for more cookies!!! luckily they ran out... I am dreading the breakfast buffet tomorrow
I have noticed that when someone craves sugary things (like cookies....) it means that they need to eat sugar, which means: FRUITS! (with fat)
When someone craves something with a lot of protein/salty/spicy (like indian food...) it means that they need protein, which means: Raw egg yolks or raw fish!
Next time you feel cravings, eat something that is on the diet and you will see that the cravings will already diminish! :)
Tomorrow - I will just eat the fruits and take a sip of the olive oil everytime after I eat the fruits to see if that helps
Yes please do that ;)
I know if I stick to it the results will be great... need to find the determination/motivation to stick to it...
WILL BE VERY GREATEFUL IF I CAN GET SOME GUIDENCE ON FINDING THE DETERMINATION TO STICK TO THE DIET...
1. Always have a lot of fruits and egg yolks available to you, even more that you actually can eat that day.
2. Eat fruit with fat every time you come to think of it.
3. When you feel that you want something that is not on the diet, full of dirty protein/salt/spices, eat egg yolks or fish, and it will totally, magically go away! ;)
4. Read the testimonies: http://www.freeacnebook.com/results.htm
5. Read the positive differences forum!
Ome more question - I entered what I ate in to fitday and the results are attached..
I know I need to eat the egg/fish for Vitamin D, B12, Omega3, etc....
Are there other fruits I can eat to improve nutrition intake of other micro nutrients/minerals?
This page lists all the nutrients and all the food items that contain the most of that nutrient:
http://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-foodpernut.html

Good luck!!
A bit beyond perceptions reach
I sometimes believe I see
that life is two locked boxes, each
containing the others key -Piet Hein
needhelpjjj

Post by needhelpjjj »

Thank you Maia

But I am 5'2" and 110 pounds.... If I go above 1200-1400 calories I gain weight... and I am trying to get to a 100 pounds as I have a lot of fat on my lower body
I understand the theory behind eating smaller meals very often to prevent weight gain.... I will give that a try today and go up to more calories...

Being a vegetarian all life - havent been able to get myself to eat fish (not abt raw - I would rather eat raw fish than cooked) but yes I was able to eat raw egg yolk without a problem.
needhelpjjj

Post by needhelpjjj »

Maia - Yes I have a masticating juicer at home - OMEGA3 that I can use once I get back from my road trip on the 28th
may be some cucumber/red bell pepper/orange/apple juices - yum! In the past - whenever I juice I over eat junk food like crazy.. however smoothies make me feel fuller and not overeat on junk... I know blended smooties with banana are a no-no for acne - thats why just eating fresh fruits... In the mean time will visit juice bars here that carry freshly squeezed juices along with the fresh fruits and olive oil...\

Eggs once I get back - or may be sooner - today -

and as far as the fish goes.. still trying... even yesterday we were at a restaurant/fish market that sold sushi grade yellow fin tuna - served other fish dishes that my family relished but I couldnt eat... I will keep trying... may be one of these days I will put a piece in my mouth... any recommendations on what to order next time I am at a japanese restaurant or a fish market?

Many thanks!!!
needhelpjjj

Post by needhelpjjj »

Here's what I ate today...

Raisins
Bananas -2
Honey
Orange juice - freshly squeezed
Cranberry juice

bananas - 2
dehydrated figs
apple, cucumber juice - fresh

blue berries
orange juice - freshly squeezed

sips of olive oil after fruits thru the day...

Although I wasnt hungry or craving anything - I wanted to eat something other than fruits... ended up with thai takeout - a salad and rice and green tea :(
Didnt drink enough water today and it burns when I pee - will have to drink more water tomorrow...

I do feel healthier when I am eating the fruits and feel sick when I eat all the unhealthy cooked food... trying to do a fruit diet when they rest of the family is on vacation is walking in and out of restaurants is getting a little complicated... The valet gave me strange looks carrying all my fruits up to the hotel room...

I am tired - the lowes hotel at santa monica is awesome - will get some rest and see how tomorrow turns out :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

needhelpjjj wrote:If I go above 1200-1400 calories I gain weight...
Thats not possible, actually.
Counting calories generally only adds to the confusion, so i would advise you to give that up.
Instead, start learning to listen to your body. Its a little hard in the beginning,
but as you keep trying, it gets easier and easier.
needhelpjjj wrote:Maia - Yes I have a masticating juicer ...
may be some cucumber/red bell pepper/orange/apple juices - yum!
Cucumber and red bell pepper are not very practical (low yields with regardis to nutrients and energy)
In the past - whenever I juice I over eat junk food like crazy..
Vegetarian, no?
You need good cholesterol from raw animal food to control cravings.
any recommendations on what to order next time I am at a japanese restaurant or a fish market?
something that doesnt look / feel / smells like fish.
Maybe surfclams?
needhelpjjj wrote: Although I wasnt hungry or craving anything - I wanted to eat something other than fruits... ended up with thai takeout - a salad and rice and green tea :(
That is why you need raw animal food.
To prevent this
waipete

Post by waipete »

I think it's great that you took on this diet. I think to help with the desire to indulge is to recognize your craving as soon as it happens, and find out what triggers you too eat, maybe it's the phrase "aww well ill just start tomorrow" or "ahh i don't care I want this food" try to go against those with things like "ok im on a experimental diet which requires 2 weeks of discipline if I fall off now I will ruin the experiment and lose out in knowing if it clears my skin and loses me some pounds. What is more important, satisfying my craving now or my results in the future?" in fact ask yourself that question now, and then when in the moment of cravings remind yourself of the answer you chose to avoid you from making the choice on a whim. Do some breathing exercises or whatever helps you focus when the cravings hit to get your mind in the right place.

Remember when you discipline yourself you can learn in the process by listening to your body and mind, which can also be exciting and motivating, you don't have to wait till your end results to happen to learn.