My Diet Diary!! Looking for feedback.

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
idjlee96
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

My Diet Diary!! Looking for feedback.

Post by idjlee96 »

So I'm currently (as of 05.01.2012) on Day #3 of the Wai Diet.
I've been 100% with no cheating.
I'm currently dealing with pretty bad Acne, and used to do a Paleo-ish diet consisting of lots of vegetables and chicken, some salmon (cooked).
I then started adding Green Smoothies (as Raw vegetables can be a real pain to eat), and though it was a improvement, didn't really have any major results.
I was also taking different supplements and experimenting at various times.
When I first added 50mg of Zinc, I saw a lot more improvements, but the effectiveness of it passed.
Haven't taken supplements for a while, (except for Lugol's which I'll explain below)
I went back to eating quite poorly around late August (2011) and my acne became significantly worst again.
Anyway, I found this diet, and want to try it out. It has been extremely frustrating, especially when I've done other, more extreme diets to 100% and still haven't seen good results.
So I seriously hope this one works out.

Typical Diet/Day goes like this.

-1 banana/3 eggs - 1hr upon awakening
-Wait about an hour, then grab 500ml of OJ (freshly squeezed that morning), throw in 2 tblspns of EVOO, mix and drink over time.
-After OJ is done, grab another banana, 3 hand-shelled brazil nuts (to try supplement fats)
-Then repeat with OJ
-Lunch (I tried really hard to keep the Cucumber/Tomato Salad, but its one of the things that I find impossible to down)
Banana + Kiwi with Avocado
-Another OJ
-Banana with Brazil Nuts (3)
-Last OJ
-Banana with Brazil Nuts
As for water, I currently don't have access to low mineral water, looking into RO. I find myself drinking a lot less water (equating that to the Fruit and Juices).
I will add my Nutrition Calc Below

Anyway, days 1+2 I have woke up pretty late (sleep schedule been a little bad, winter break + xmas and new years)
But I woke up at 6 this morning, so I should be good to go starting today.

So I have a few questions regarding the current diet, before I go onto the effects I have been feeling.
Is it okay if I don't include the Tomato-Cucumber diet?
My calcium-zinc-iodide-B3-D-K seem to be below the RDA. Which one of these should be a concern? For D, its Winter in Canada, so on top of it being pretty cold, there's not much sunlight, plus I probably don't speak for myself when I say Sunlight = Acne Sufferer's Worst Nightmare.
Also, the iodine, I have been taking a drop of Lugols Iodine 5% (about 6.25 mg's of iodine/potassium iodide) every morning. But from other post's I've seen, taking supplements is usually a no-no.
All in all, is there anything that you find wrong with the diet? And improvements I should make?

(will add effects in another post)

RDA: FDA Men, 19-24yr (177cm/70in, 72kg/160lb)

Your selection:
[Item 1] 6units of Chicken egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [1],
[Item 2] 2000ml (milliliters) of Orange juice (Citrus sinensis), fresh, not pasteurized, [1][2],
[Item 3] 5units, medium of Banana (Musa X paradisiaca), [1],
[Item 4] 6units of Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa), not dried, [2][1],
[Item 5] 1units of Avocado (Persea americana), California, [1],
[Item 6] 1units of Kiwi (Actinidia chinensis), [1],
[Item 7] 120ml (milliliters) of Olive oil (Olea europea), [1].

Weight:.................................3174.54g

Nutrients...............................Quantity..............RDA

Energy..................................3340.99kcal .....2900.00kcal
Carbohydrate.............................382.81g ..............?g
Fat......................................195.08g ..............?g
Protein...................................45.58g ..........58.00g
Water...................................2531.08ml .............?ml
Fiber.....................................31.08g ..............?g

Vitamins
Vitamin A, RE (Retinol Equivalent)......1156.29mcg ......1000.00mcg
-Beta-carotene...........................778.28mcg ............?mcg no data:3,5,7
Vitamin B1, Thiamin........................2.82mg ..........1.50mg
Vitamin B2, Riboflavin.....................2.09mg ..........1.70mg
Vitamin B3, Niacin/Nicotinamide...........15.23mg .........19.00mg
Vitamin B5, Pantothenic acid..............11.19mg .............?mg
Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine.....................5.21mg ..........2.00mg
Vitamin B8, Biotin.........................0.00mcg ............?mcg no data:1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Vitamin B9, Folic acid..................1021.46mcg .......200.00mcg
Vitamin B12................................3.09mcg .........2.00mcg
Vitamin C, Ascorbic acid................1191.35mg .........60.00mg
Vitamin D................................147.40IU ........400.00IU
Vitamin E.................................25.71mg .........10.00mg
Vitamin K.................................33.65mcg ........70.00mcg no data:1,2,3,4,5,7

Minerals and trace elements
Calcium, Ca..............................484.13mg .......1200.00mg
Iron, Fe..................................13.13mg .........10.00mg
Magnesium, Mg............................537.39mg ........350.00mg
Phosphorus, P...........................1238.89mg .......1200.00mg
Sodium, Na................................93.44mg .............?mg
Potassium, K............................8142.06mg .............?mg
Zinc, Zn...................................7.04mg .........15.00mg
Iodide, I.................................20.94mcg .......150.00mcg no data:1,3,5,6,7
Selenium, Se..............................80.80mcg ........70.00mcg no data:5

Total sugar................................8.12g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,5,7
Glucose...................................51.56g ..............?g no data:1,3,4,5,7
Fructose..................................62.23g ..............?g no data:1,3,4,5,7
Sucrose...................................90.11g ..............?g no data:1,3,4,5,7
Lactose....................................0.00g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,4,5,7
Starch.....................................0.00g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,4,5,7

Fats
Fat, saturated............................30.32g ..............?g no data:4
Fat, monounsaturated.....................112.80g ..............?g no data:4
Fat, polyunsaturated......................18.50g ..............?g no data:4

Omega-3 fatty acids
18:3 n-3, linolenic acid (LNA).............1.38g ..............?g
20:5 n-3, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)......0.00g ..............?g no data:4
22:5 n-3, docosapentaenoic acid (DPA)......0.00g ..............?g no data:4
22:6 n-3, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).......0.10g ..............?g no data:4

Cholesterol.............................1275.87mg .............?mg no data:4
idjlee96

Re: My Diet Diary!! Looking for feedback.

Post by idjlee96 »

So as for how I've been feeling and any effects I've experienced.

The first day went by fine, my body definitely felt a little lighter, less 'dirty'.

As for the second day, it seemed fine, but later in the evening, I started feeling a little sick. No real nausea or anything, just a headache, really tired and gross.
Slept pretty early, ended up sleeping about 12 hours, with a few interruptions (might've been that I was sleeping on the floor)
Felt quite better in the morning, still tired after waking up.
Also, the past 2 mornings, I've noticed a lot darker AND less urine, which wasn't the case prior to the diet (I used to drink quite a bit of water).
Its only in the mornings, the days are fine. Is this fine?

So, this morning, my skin has been extremely dry and itchy around the mouth and lower cheek regions. (not really above of beneath my mouth, but outwards to the left and right, I hope that makes sense :D)
It has been extremely uncomfortable, I also notice some hives-like bumps appearing on the itchy regions.
My guess is it might be some sort of allergies.
Last night, after showering, I used Coconut Oil to moisturize as my skin was fairly dry.
I also used some this morning.

As for skin improvements, haven't noticed anything TOO drastic, but pimples seem to be surfacing.
The extreme itchiness and the dryness seems to the only downfall currently.

I will try and make daily updates, hope you guys can help.

Thanks, to everyone for such a great forum and giving me some hope. I really wish I can finally put Acne in the past and move on :)
idjlee96

Post by idjlee96 »

Day Four

Itch and rash around the mouth region seems to be gone :)
Diet has been the same, except I cut out the brazil nuts and instead I am using a spoonful of EVOO with the banana's.
I want to try getting clear without the nuts, just to be safe.

Also, I slept for about 11 hours last night, and that seems awfully long.
My body in general seems to be a little more tired than usual.
Not sure why, but I am guessing it might be my body overexerting when trying to cleanse itself (which I hope is the case).
Or, I am experienced sugar crashes in the late evening or at night.
Throughout the day, my energy seems to be fine, though I sometimes feel like my brain is out of oxygen..
It may be my asthma (have always had mild asthma).
I used to be extremely active, but haven't been as of late, especially since Acne.

I also have weird sensations when my body gets even the slightest bit 'warmer'.
Its like a prickly sensation on my skin (upper back, chest, shoulders, sometimes face).
Not sure if this is something others may have experienced.

Hopefully someone can help :)

I'll try to make daily updates, I find it a pretty effective way for myself to keep track aswell.

Cheers
-Isaac-
dime

Post by dime »

You seem to be eating enough calories so that shouldn't be the problem. Fat and carbs are in balance so that's fine.
You can experiment with eating a bit more fat and see whether that helps. Also protein seems a bit low, I'd suggest you to add some fish or maybe a few more eggs.
I haven't had that prickly sensation so can't help there :)
waipete

Post by waipete »

Keep at it!
The dryness is expected, the itching I don't know but itching usually comes with dryness. I have experienced this when going back on the diet and I was told it's your body adjusting to find it's moisture balance.