Wai baby 2

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Wai baby 2

Post by RRM »

Mia wrote:I'm going back to the citrus juicer anyway. It's easier because I don't have to peel the clementines or take out the seeds. :-)
When the clementines are fully ripe they are extremely easy to peel.
It will feel as if there is a lot of air between the peel and the flesh,
so simply buy clementines that have 'this feel'. (that is how I always select them)
The peeling is done in 2 seconds per clementine.

Actually, clementines do not contain any seeds at all.
If they contain seeds, they are probably tangerines.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clementines
Mia

Post by Mia »

Yes, in "my" supermarket there is 3 different types of small citrus (I live in a small town far up in the north of Sweden) it's Satsumas, clementines or minneolas. Right now, in the winter, they only sell clementines... But they look and taste different every week. So even if they mark them as clementines I really don't think it actually is clementines every time...

The ones I buy right now often have many tiny tiny seeds... And sometimes a few normal sized seeds.
Mia

Post by Mia »

In June me and my family are going on vacation to Turkey for one week. I have bought a z-star juicer to take with me. But I don't think I can bring raw eggs on the plane...

Would it be okey to buy and eat raw eggs in Turkey if you are used to eat Swedish raw eggs. Is there any risks that I should know of?

And how about fish? I don't think we will eat any fish there. My plan for me and my daughter is to drink juice and yolks that week.

Any tips or advice are very welcomed. :)
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

How about dried fish? Can you dehydrate your fish and bring it on the trip?
dime

Post by dime »

Don't forget about nuts, they are a good alternative when traveling.
Mia

Post by Mia »

Thanks so much for your suggestions Aytundra & Dime. I appreciate your help!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't know for sure, but fresh fish should be fine too (and raw eggs as well). The question is: how strong is your immune system? If you think it's strong, then you can be less careful, and vice versa.
Mia

Post by Mia »

Thank you Oscar.
That sounds great if it's true. :) I'm not so worried about myself, more for my daughter who has had some stomach problems before.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

If you are planning to just give her yolks and juice.
I have an idea.

Idea: Increase the range of egg types that she eats before the trip. So if she is use to 1 brand of egg yolks, try alternating between several brands and egg types (It all depends on your comfort level though, i.e. to choose between organic, free range, regular, super large, large, small, brown eggs, white eggs, omega enhanced eggs....) That way her body may increase tolerance to different types of egg yolks. I am assuming different brands of egg has different production methods, and slight variations to nutrition and bacterial content.
Same thing with juice. Choose a fruit and try variations, to increase her tolerance to the food types before the trip.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sounds like a good idea :)
Mia

Post by Mia »

Now we are back home from our trip. We went with the whole family on an all inclusive trip. Me and my daughter could not eat the food that was served, but we were able to take lots of fruit free from the restaurant and got raw eggs from the kitchen. It worked great. No problem at all in eating the eggs raw.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Wow, sounds like you had a great trip! Tell us more about what you did to get there and back. Did you go even further, and juiced the fruit?
And most importantly, how was the trip what did you see and do besides obtaining Wai foods? :) (Or was that the highlight of the trip. Obtaining Wai foods. :wink:)
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Good to hear :)
Mia

Post by Mia »

Aytundra: We celebrated a family member's 60th birthday.
We sunbathed, swam and just hung out with the family. It was a really good trip. :)

And yes, I juiced the fruit.
I had brought with me a juicer and made fresh juice every morning in the hotel room :D
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

That is very nice to hear! :)
Sunbathing, swimming, hanging out, makes me want to go on a trip too.

What types of fruit does your daughter likes to eat now?
I think every hotel should have a juicer, like their blow dryer, and coffee maker. :D
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!