Kasper's thoughts

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Kasper's thoughts

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:Yes, we want numbers, then we can be sure indeed :D.
:)
I always wipe dry-wet-dry-wet-dry because i just want to be clean,
taking into account that you cannot see the smallest remainders / bacteria, but they are there.
There is only soiling (no diarrhea) after eating too old eggs / ingesting water from thawed fish.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Strange irritating feeling under my left lower ribs.
I know this feeling, and when I have this it is associated with feeling tired and autistic behaviour.
When I'm doing reduced breathing it will clear up.

I have done this multilpe times, but I'm afraid this is because of this effect, and I only make things worse:
Breathing exercises and breath holds can also cause problems even when the stomach has no solid food. An increase in CO2 is a chemical trigger that causes mechanical effects (intensified peristalsis) and enhanced sensitivity of the immune system. Therefore, strong air hunger, long pauses, and large CO2 increases, all these factors can lead to intensive peristaltic waves that can destroy already inflamed villi. Here is an example.

A person with about 25 s for the current CP starts practicing an intensive breathing session and gets up to 35 or higher for final (or intermediate) breath holds while doing Buteyko reduced breathing with strong air hunger. This immediately causes unquenchable thirst and ear buzzing, with bloating and burping appeared later. Even though the final CP after the session is higher, the final heart rate, due to increased inflammation, also gets higher. Within 1 hour after the session, the CP drops to about 20-25 s. Later effects are increased urination, intestinal gas, greasy stool (with increased soiling), cold feet, poor mood, and many others. Why do these effects take place?

Since many people with digestive problems suffer from GI dysbiosis, abnormal GI flora in the gut, and biofilms in the small intestine, this sudden CO2 and CP increase leads to intensive peristalsis since the body tries to get rid of pathological content in the small and large intestines. This effect of strong peristalsis is generally beneficial: the gut tries to flush out pathogens and their toxins. Such positive reaction, in a form of diarrhea, takes place after, for example, food poisoning. Higher CO2 and CPs intensify this effect: you probably noticed that it is much easier to have a bowel movement with breath holds and reduced breathing. (In fact, instead of straining the abdominal muscles, any person should do reduced breathing to have an easier bowel movement.)

However, when the mucosal surface of the small intestine is inflamed and covered with biofilms, the damaged villi are weak. Intensive peristaltic waves can easily cause the villi covered with pathogens to be broken and wiped down along the GI tract. All these processes take place beyond the stomach and, as a result, broken villi cannot be digested and used by the body. Instead, these nutrients start to putrefy in the large colon, which, in such cases, is full of pathogens that will "enjoy" proteins and other nutrients from the broken villi in warm moist conditions of the large colon. This, in turn, will produce toxins in the blood, offensive smell before or during the next bowel movement, increased soiling, marks on the toilet, and other effects.

Such severe GI reaction due to breathing exercises occurs in students with existing GI damage due to colitis, Crohn's disease, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome), and some other conditions with biofilms on the lining of the small intestine.

Sometimes, the gut is so damaged that even a light reduced breathing with food in the stomach or the CP test on am empty stomach can cause a GI exacerbation.

How to prevent practicing reduced breathing with food in the stomach? One of the suggested solutions for such people is to practice humming through the nose immediately after meals while food is in the stomach. Humming was advocated by Dr. K. P. Buteyko as well.
panacea

Post by panacea »

RRM wrote:
overkees wrote:Yes, we want numbers, then we can be sure indeed :D.
:)
I always wipe dry-wet-dry-wet-dry because i just want to be clean,
taking into account that you cannot see the smallest remainders / bacteria, but they are there.
There is only soiling (no diarrhea) after eating too old eggs / ingesting water from thawed fish.
Don't your fish come in vacuum seal bags? I keep mine in the little plastic seal vacuum bags and thaw them that way so the nutrients don't get diluted, is that not right?

(Place vacuum seal bag with frozen salmon in it inside a ziploc bag, then fill ziploc bag with cold water, seal the ziploc bag, put it in a bowl)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

panacea wrote: Don't your fish come in vacuum seal bags?
No, they (6 pieces) come in a plastic bag with air inside.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Evidence that people with autism suffer from digestive problems:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22850932

Exactly what the gaps theory predicts.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

L-arginine and wheat grass improves my blood flow.
I think by boosting nitric oxide.
Still a lot of chaos in my head.
The only thing that really reduces chaos is CO2 in my opinion.

But energy is great when nitric oxide is high.
Muscles relaxation occurs when nitric oxide is high.
I look much better when nitric oxide is high.
And I think it helps with hair loss.

So, in some way, nitric oxide is able to mimic CO2 a little bit.
But it does not all the things CO2 does.

I think choline is also something important.
http://www.nal.usda.gov/fnic/foodcomp/D ... holn02.pdf

I think it's critical for diets to contain choline.
Egg, yolk, raw, fresh 680.0
Egg, whole, raw, fresh 250.0
Egg, whole, cooked, hard boiled 230.0
Spices, mustard seed, yellow 120.0
Chicken, liver, all classes, raw 190.0
Chicken, liver, all classes, cooked, pan-fried 330.0
Beef, variety meats and by-products, liver, raw 420.0
Beef, variety meats and by-products, liver, raw 330.0
Fish, salmon, Atlantic, farmed, raw 79.0
Fast foods, english muffin with egg 130.0
Fish, salmon, red (sockeye), smoked (Alaska Native) 220.0

283 milliliters of wheat grass:
261.954 mg choline
Compared to those whose diets contained <250 mg/day of choline, subjects whose diets supplied >310 mg of choline daily had, on average:

22% lower concentrations of C-reactive protein
26% lower concentrations of interleukin-6
6% lower concentrations of tumor necrosis factor alpha

Compared to those consuming <260 mg/day of betaine, subjects whose diets provided >360 mg per day of betaine had, on average:
10% lower concentrations of homocysteine
19% lower concentrations of C-reactive protein
12% lower concentrations of tumor necrosis factor alpha
dime

Post by dime »

The text in the quote can not be taken seriously, because based on just that study you could conclude the same for cholesterol. Foods high in choline are also high in cholesterol (eggs, liver). So which one exactly is the cause for those lower concentrations then? :)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Another reason to eat grass-fed cow products:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conjugated_linoleic_acid

"In fact, meat and dairy products from grass-fed animals can produce 300-500% more CLA than those of cattle fed the usual diet of 50% hay and silage, and 50% grain.[47]"

"Anticancer properties have been attributed to CLA, and studies on mice and rats show encouraging results in hindering the growth of tumors in mammary (except Her2 breast cancer), skin, and colon tissues.[13][14][15][16][17][18][19][20][21][22][23][24][25][26] It has been reported that CLA can up-regulate the tumor suppressor gene PTPRG, and may have anti-cancer properties.[14][27]"

"In a side-by-side comparison, they determined that grass-fed beef was:
Lower in total fat
Higher in beta-carotene
Higher in vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium, and potassium
Higher in total omega-3s
A healthier ratio of omega-6 to omega-3 fatty acids (1.65 vs 4.84)
Higher in CLA (cis-9 trans-11), a potential cancer fighter
Higher in vaccenic acid (which can be transformed into CLA)
Lower in the saturated fats linked with heart disease"
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:L-arginine and wheat grass improves my blood flow.
How does wheat grass do so?
Nitrate?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

L-arginine and wheat grass improves my blood flow.
How does wheat grass do so?
Nitrate?
I don't know why.

Oh wait, I found this:
"MP's (mucopolysaccharides) found in the carbohydrate structure of wheat grass, and micro algae as well, are found to strengthen bodily tissue. They also lower cholesterol. This strengthening of bodily tissue includes the tissue in the heart and arteries. It also causes the arteries to dilate and improves blood flow."

At the internet it's claimed that chlorophyll improves blood circulation.
But I didn't found much scientific.

Did you study this overkees ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote:I found this:
"MP's (mucopolysaccharides) found in the carbohydrate structure of wheat grass, and micro algae as well, are found to strengthen bodily tissue.
Yes, proteoglycans consist of mucopolysaccharides linked to protein, in connective tissue.
But MPs cannot be digested mostly.
These proteoglycans are produced inside the human body, through multiple enzymatic steps.
First 4 simple sugars are linked up (forming a tetrasaccharide) and attached to a serine side chain on the core protein,
and then more simple sugars are added one by one, by glycosyl transferase,
eventually forming a proteoglycan.
They also lower cholesterol.
Yes, they are known to have this anti-nutrient property.
Its because they mostly cannot be digested, and bind to cholesterol.
Its better to keep that at a minimum.
chlorophyll improves blood circulation.
But I didn't found much scientific.
Maybe you mean its synthetic analog Chlorophyllin?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I meant chlorophyll. But I really don't know why wheat grass would improve blood flow.
The only thing I can do is quote what is on the internet. But I can't find something that convinces myself either.

By the way, the might be something interesting for fungal infections (athlete foot for example).

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... tment.aspx

I also found this in this article:
Eating excessive protein can be an additional synergistically powerful mechanism. When you consume protein in levels higher than one gram of protein per kilogram of LEAN body mass you tend to activate the mTOR pathway, which will radically increase your risk of cancers. It is very easy to consume excess protein and my guess is that most people reading this are. I know I was, and as a result of this new insight I have reduced my protein intake by about half.
Do you know more about this mTOR pathway RRM ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Do you know more about this mTOR pathway RRM ?
mTOR stands for "mammalian target of rapamycin"
Its an enzyme.
This enzyme transfers the phosphate group from 'energy molecules' (such as ATP) to the OH group of either serine or threonine (phosphorylation).
Among other things, it regulates cell growth and the production of protein.
Most importantly, it regulates secretion of growth factors, in response to particularly protein levels (in blood, cells),
for the production of protein (linking up amino acids from dietary protein) to build new cells.
Basically, high protein levels have an anabolic influence, which comes with elevated levels of growth factors,
which (similar to consuming milk products) increases the risk of cancers that thrive on one of these growth factors.
mTOR for example stimulates secretion of IGF-1 and specific cancers are particularly sensitive to the influence of IGF-1.
So that if IGF levels are elevated, it may so much stimulate growth of this cancer that it can survive the attacks of our defense system.

High protein > activates mTOR > anabolic state
An anabolic state increases cancer risk, due to the elevated influence of growth factors and hormones.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Aah thanks!

How-to: Get drunk by eating fruit:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5E5TjkDvU0