Reaching CP 60 24/7

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dime
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Reaching CP 60 24/7

Post by dime »

How will vinegar make your blood more alkaline? I thought vinegar = acid or am I missing something here?
I eat like a liter of apple cider vinegar per 1-2 weeks.. I pour a bunch of it in the slow cooker along with the meat. Why am I not feeling like superman? :)

Today I donated blood, and I think it was a good idea because my hemoglobin levels were almost at the high end (they measured 16.5 I think). So donating is a nice way to get rid of extra iron. Also it might be good to eat less beef. I'm curious to see if donating blood will lower my CP, as there's less oxygen capacity I guess due to less blood. Now CP is only 20, 3 hours after donating (typically it was 30 the past week).
overkees

Post by overkees »

It's about THE ash content, i believe. The ash of apple cider vinegar is alkalizing. It has to be THE unrefined stuff, though.
dime

Post by dime »

I don't think so, because pretty much any other food except water will have more ash than unrefined apple cider vinegar (e.g. the apples from which the vinegar is made..)
overkees

Post by overkees »

Well, I certainly don't support this "alklazing" diet. But if you're interested, read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alkaline_diet

There seems to be alot of people confessing it does give them HUUGE amounts of energy. But everytime I drank something like wheat grass or pure spinache it only said yuck to my tastebuds. We weren't meant to eat grass in my opinion.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Of course, wheat grass is not in any way a part of our natural diet.
And the alkalizing theory doesn't sound solid to me too.

But every day I'm getting more convinced that there is something in this wheat grass that is really really special.
Not because any scientific reason, I just studied quickly some facts of wheat grass.
The reason is just pure my experiences:
- Every time I have a brain fog like symptoms and I take wheat grass, brain fog disappears within 20-30 min.
- Physical energy (the desire to move) increases
- If I do yoga and take wheat grass, I really feel the wheat grass "kicking in". Tension in muscles is relieved much easier.
And much more subtle things, mostly anti-inflammation related.

I don't know any food that give me this. It is little bit like earthing. Muscles relaxes, energy increase.

Here are the experiences of people I gave it:
- My little brother: Just some good feeling, he couldn't specify.
- My mother: Relieve of constipitation, feeling energetic, and less stressed. She also finds it feeling similar to earthing.
- My older brother: Told me he felt absolutely fantastic, (while he had a headache and felt tired because of hangover before he took the wheatgrass)
- My father: Not tired in the evening when taking wheat grass.

And while they all find it taste disgusting, they really force me not to take all the wheat grass to university, because they want it as well...

In fact, the last two things I introduced to my family, wheat grass and gelatine, are both a big hit in my family.
Normally, they are quite sceptical if things really are healthy for them (like cooking in coconut oil, eating lots of fruit, etc.).
But with wheat grass and gelantine, after trying once, they are all absolutely convinced that it is really good stuff.

I'm still trying to figure out what it is in wheat grass that is giving me results.
dime

Post by dime »

Kasper wrote:Again, I can't stress this enough. I'm not saying: Because magnesium is postively reviewed all over the internet, everybody should take magnesium.
But it does say that many people find improvements for relaxing muscles when they take magnesium, improvments in sleep etc.
An intresting question is: Why do so many people have those effects ?
A lack of magnesium in their diet ? Too much calcium ? Absorption problems by gut flora ? Or does taking magnesium give therepeutic but imbalancing effects, which could be better treated by a natural diet?
Good article I just read: http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... l-disease/

Check especially the first comment below the article, it's obviously pretty unlikely to be deficient in magnesium..
Out of curiosity I looked to see if there was any data on the prevalence of hypomagnesemia. In other words, is it worth it for the average person to “play it safe” and just supplement anyways? Well, the data is heterogeneous, and it depends on your definition of hypo. One study from the Journal of Family Practice looked at data from 11,000 white Americans aged 45-64, 4,000 black Americans, and 16,000 Germans and did a lit review and found that rates of hypomagnesemia ranged from 2-15%. Using a cutoff of 0.76mmol/L they found 14.5% prevalance. Drop that cutoff to 0.7mmol/L and the same population is at 2%. Values at which we typically see effects from hypomagnesemia is around 0.5mmol/L (for the docs out there, note this is in SI units, not the typical units we use in the US which is mg/dL). Another study out of the Middle East showed prevalance of 4.6%, but also a 12.2% rate of hypermagnesemia. Both studies noted a difference in sexes, with women having a higher likelihood of lower magnesium levels overall.

So all in all, this seems to me – along with everything Scott wrote about – to be yet another example of supplementation being almost entirely worthless outside of clinical deficiency. If you are clinically deficient you will have symptoms. If you don’t have symptoms, supplementing really won’t do anything useful either because the clinical effect will be very small, non-existent, or hard to achieve through supplementation anyways.
Further comment down the page:
Claims that the nutrient content of fruits and vegetables, including magnesium, have fallen catastrophically over the last century do not appear to be true, based on some research I did a couple of years ago, comparing nutrients in various crops in the 1940s to the present day (which I can dig out if anyone is interested). Since plants don’t grow well if they don’t get enough nutrients, and farmers are highly motivated to increase yields of healthy crops, this is not very surprising.
I've only ever felt some improvements the first week when I started taking a magnesium supplement for the first time, maybe I used to be somewhat deficient. But it may as well have been some placebo effect. Haven't felt any effect whatsoever after that first week.
fred

Post by fred »

Wow I tried home made gelatin (from beef broth) and it gives me headache, like each time I eat cooked meat. I thought it could be different because it is made from bone and cartilage, but it seems like for me cooked protein is cooked protein : toxic.
Peat advocates cooked food and milk, he should not be very sensitive to poison. I wonder how we can trust him regarding his PUFA=toxic theory.
Anyway, for now, I stick to my raw Wai diet.
overkees

Post by overkees »

In fact he advocates a diet high in fruits (at least 2/3), saturated oils, fish and some beef and lamb, either cooked or raw. Where did you read he advocates milk, i missed that part.

And the gelatine that is commercially made is raw according to my data or almost raw. Do you live in the us.? Because then youve got to be aware of accumulated fluoride from the tap wTer that the animals drank and collected in their bones.

Could you try, if youre so sensitive, the great lakes gelatin. Or a gelTin from the organic store? Im very curious. I respect your choice if you arent willing to try.
fred

Post by fred »

Look at that : http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/milk.shtml :
"the regular use of milk and cheese can prevent many chronic stress-related diseases"

and http://www.raypeatforum.com/forum/viewt ... ?f=2&t=168 :
"Dr. Peat has said, when asked general questions about diet, that “everyone should probably have about 2 quarts of milk" or the equivalent thereof in cheeses.

I live in France. Chlorine and fluoride is generally added to tap water here.

I may try a gelatine from a health food shop.

Adding fat to meat should slow down the absorption of amino acids, and thus reduce cortisol secretion.
dime

Post by dime »

fred wrote: Adding fat to meat should slow down the absorption of amino acids, and thus reduce cortisol secretion.
What do you mean by this? That protein digestion increases cortisol in the body?
fred

Post by fred »

Look at Peat's theory : http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml
Cysteine and tryptophan amino acids found in meat/egg yolk have antimetabolic effect, while glycine and proline amino acids found in better proportion in gelatine (cooked collagen) have cell protective effect.
His conclusion is that we should add gelatine to meat to have a better amino acid balance, or better eat cheese.
My conclusion is that we should add fat to (raw) meat and probably eat less protein that what Peat recommends.
Last edited by fred on Tue 25 Sep 2012 06:51, edited 1 time in total.
fred

Post by fred »

overkees wrote: And the gelatine that is commercially made is raw according to my data or almost raw..
Can you share your data?
I thought gelatine was cooked collagen.
Maybe acid can extract gelatine?
overkees

Post by overkees »

Okay, I posted a reply that took me 1.5 hours and now all its contents are deleted. Strangely I am not mad. I will post a summary of the most important parts.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Artour finished his book: http://www.normalbreathing.com/how-to/h ... GMjBrLN_m4

I'm not having a lot of money atm and my gut is looking pretty good, so if the problems will return, I will purchase it. Until then, if you buy the book and read something really interesting: Please share!
dime

Post by dime »

fred wrote:Look at Peat's theory : http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/gelatin.shtml
Cysteine and tryptophan amino acids found in meat/egg yolk have antimetabolic effect
What about this: http://www.dannyroddy.com/2011/5/26/har ... yroid.html
Just to be clear and to end this already long email, the paper you provided cannot be employed as evidence to suggest that consuming cysteine would inhibit function of the thyroid. Anyone who states that cysteine consumption inhibits thyroid function simply does not understand the limitations of the research or is employing some other mechanism to justify the claim.