Reaching CP 60 24/7

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: 7 weeks to reach CP 60 24/7

Post by Kasper »

Wow... good post overkees :)
Keep it up with those 10 km !
I think if you do a good cold shower or cold bath afterwards, muscle aches will not be that bad in my experience.
I must also add that I did a bentonite and zeolite detox for a week. These are magnetic minerals that are good at extracting heavy metals. There are alot of scientific articles for zeolite measuring heavy metals in urine and things like that, if you're interested I can give you the links. Probably something RRM is heavily against, but bear with me: Altogether with prebiotics and probiotics the things that came out for a few days were unbelievable. Strings of fungus, in all kinds of the rainbow, I was shocked. And yes, I already did 1 month of pre and probiotics back then.
Wow... sounds like this detox is the real deal.
Do you have more (practical) information about this bentonite and zeolite detox ? Is it expensive for example?
I also found out that my athletes foot were the problem for me. It's going alot better with my feet, but I can still see skin peeling when I reach high CP. So I must continue with my regime for my feet.
Which regime do you use ?

Athlete foots are hell I know. I also have 10 nails with fungus, which is even worse I guess.
I send (a part of) my nail fungus to a lab, to check which fungus was in it.
The lab personally called me back, to tell me there was something very strange going on with my nail. They found all sort of marks that there should have lived fungus there...
BUT they couldn't find any fungus that was actually alive :).
They personally called me, to ask what regime I used, because they never had seen such a case before :)
I don't know if it AF24, buteyko, diet or whatever, but I really can't believe it, I have this shit since I'm 10.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

The key thing is running, what do you think? It seems like exercise has the biggest impact.
Go Kasper!!
Thanks dime :)

Exercise has biggest impact, definitely.

Critical Alignment Yoga is a new thing, but every time I do those exercise, I feel my posture getting (quite dramatically) better.
I think this is also really important for sleep. I think that if your posture/alignment is (automatically/unconsciousness) good, it will also be good when you sleep (even if you sleep on your back).

Edit: 2.5 hour of running today :) CP 55 s
dime

Post by dime »

So what's the single most important thing to succeed in reaching a high CP? Stay away from injuries so you can keep being active :)
I like doing biking more, haven't gotten any joint pain whatsoever (unless I go crazy and do 200km at once). Whereas with running I get some pains like every other session.
Swimming is even safer.

overkees, where the hell do you come up with this stuff, like zeolite detox, never heard of it :D
Ever since that coconut detox I don't want to even google anything remotely connected to detox, let alone try..
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

So what's the single most important thing to succeed in reaching a high CP? Stay away from injuries so you can keep being active :)
I think so, I actually have an injury/wound on my heel (from wwoofing in ireland)
Therefore I cannot use my barefoot shoes to make a nice 10 km.

I'm running really barefoot now. Really hard to find a good place where you can do a nice track of 10 km which you can run barefoot.
I'm running now rounds of only 150 metres... Little bit boring... but I really like that I'm running earthed (again), I think that is the reason that I'm doing now 2.5 hours of running without problems.

I started with the barefoot shoes to make some more exciting tracks... but this is not bad either actually.
overkees, where the hell do you come up with this stuff, like zeolite detox, never heard of it :D
I actually heard one guy Daniel Vitalis once talked about it.
Some kind of clay that you can eat, right?
It works a little bit like earthing if I recall correctly, but than from inside out.
overkees

Post by overkees »

http://www.zeo-detox.com/publicaties-on ... eoliet.php

A collection of researches in zeolite, there are many more. I have read tons of researches and anecdotes. Some of people with medcines which the zeolite neutralized and didn't work anymore.

The site where I ordered my zeolite is: http://www.zeo-detox.com/publicaties-on ... eoliet.php it is for the dutch only though.

BTW, it is FDA approved and has no side effects. Except maybe some herxheimer? You can safely use 30g a day. You have to be careful that you drink enough though. 2-3 g a day is advertised for detoxing.
dime

Post by dime »

Looks similar to activated charcoal. I don't like the aluminium-calcium in that aluminium-calcium-silicate (zeolite), but if it's regarded as safe there won't be problems I guess.
And no side effect, besides 'normal' detox side efects right? :)
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think my mind can not really tolerate another health project right now...
I may try it later on this year... For now I keep focussing on buteyko, gaps and yoga.

Today I did only 45 min...
Bad guy today was: Age of Empires II (on voobly)..
I think I should quit this thing right now, as I'm getting addicted already...

I learned 3 new yoga exercises tough..
I keep getting amazed from it. They are quite simple, but it is doing wonders for my posture.
My posture wasn't that bad before I started yoga, but I needed to think about it much more.
And also much muscles that are getting relaxed (for the first time in many years).

I'm really excited about how my posture will feel if I completed all the exercises in this chapter (of the critical alignment book).
After this chapter, my alignment/posture should be fine. And than I can do the asana's (real yoga exercises).
These are meant to learn to keep your alignment good in real life (even if you are stressed etc.).

I think those asana's can combine really good with reduced breathing exercises. As buteyko himself was doing them as wel.
Tai-Chi exercises combine also really good with RB exercises. I learned some in Ireland.
fred

Post by fred »

This book "critical alignment yoga" looks interesting to improve posture but I don't see any english translation.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Source: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Critical- ... 9288046755
May 9 2012
Today is an important day for Critical Alignment Yoga. The contract with my American publisher Shambhala Publications is official!
The editing, design and printing will take a lot of time but..... be patient, it will come.
I will keep you informed about the progress.
Today's prognose is spring 2013.

Cheers!!

Gert van Leeuwen
-----------------------------------
July 15 2012
From the editor (Shambhala Publications):

Hello Gert,
Just a brief update on Yoga Critical Alignment: I am about halfway through reading and reviewing your manuscript and there is very little “editing” I am needing to do. Everything is water-tight, precise, and well organized. In places you will see that I have adjusted word choice, but only where I feel it has very little effect on the meaning and just on the pacing....
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Okay, I think I reach the end of those 7 weeks.
To quote Tony Robbins:
"You don't always get your goals, but you always get you standards."

And this is really true I guess.
I'm not at 60 CP 24/7.
I'm not even at 40 CP 24/7.

But my standards improved drastically:
I can run for hours without getting tired.
I need less sleep than ever.
My posture improved so much.
I feel strong and energetic almost all the time (except morning).
And I'm more aware than ever what I need to do get those goals.

But most importantly, I learned that a diary like this really helps me.
So I'm surely continuing doing those diaries. :)

Thanks for all the replies guys, especially dime, really helped me!
dime

Post by dime »

I like that quote, very encouraging and sets you in the right mindset when you don't quite manage to do something as imagined.

Funny, I'm most energetic and feel best in the morning, I guess I'm a morning person. I just wake up and am instantly ready to rock :D In the evening all systems go way down though especially as it comes close to sleep time.

Keep it up Kasper!
I'll measure my MCP tomorrow and see where am I standing. I've been doing 15km of biking almost daily for the past two weeks at pretty high intensity (pushing above my threshold of comfort), so I hope some progress in CP will show up. I have had a lot of progress in the biking itself, just like you did with the running.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Awesome dime!
Disadvantage of biking is the lack of the shaking effect, and bad posture while you do it.
But, what I really like about biking, is that you can far more easily do reduced breathing.
Exercise + reduced breathing is one of the best energy boost possible in my opinion.

Yesterday I did this combination:
Get the edge audio + Pranayama app (for reduced breathing ) + biking

Worked really well! CP went up to 63 s :) one of the best I've ever measured.
I almost automatically synchronize with the pranayama app, so I didn't even had to try hard.
One of the standards I want to achieve is to always do to the pranayama app while I'm walking/shopping/travelling (alone).
It's actually very nice to do, but I tend to forget it.
I'll measure my MCP tomorrow and see where am I standing.
I'm curious !

Sometimes MCP's can be a really disappointing, as you don't always get reflected the effort.
Therefore, I'm doing MCP's much to inconsistently at the moment.
I really must get some more guts, and just measure it.
And reward myself for just the act of measuring as this will only help figuring out how to get closer to my goals.
At the moment, I only measure it, if I'm quite sure if it's above 40 s (at those moments, it is usually already above 50 s ).

I mean let's have your case.
I really hope your MCP is getting closer to the 30s.
But just for the sake of argument, let's say it's still 25s.
If you are not able to improve your MCP after doing much more exercise with nasal breathing than before.
Than probably something is holding your back.
Many people get hold back by unrecognized focal infections, such as athlete foots.

Instead of going through as an scared headless chicken, like I've done much too often with the buteyko program.
For example, I still don't know how different food influence my MCP.
It helps much more, to just measure it consistently, so you can much easier find out what helps you to improve faster.
But who am I to talk... :p

Awesome that you were able to raise your biking standards! Keep the momentum going :)
dime

Post by dime »

Damn, 63!!
I still haven't measured MCP, always forget it. And still haven't measured CP over 30.. But I'm perfectly happy with any CP, as long as I don't have allergy.

I'm getting very good at biking, I can do 15km in 30 minutes with nose breathing only, whereas I used to need 35+ with additional 10 minutes break on half way, and a lot of mouth breathing.
I changed the strategy now after the discussion with overkees, instead of going full on I try to stay at the maximum that will allow me to stay with nose breathing. Seems to work much better overal, and it's much more enjoyable and makes you want to do it again the next day :) When you go to the max with mouth breathing, you get really exhausted and can easily feel sick/dizzy. Doesn't really motivate.

Btw the bad posture while biking: short term it might be bad, your back muscles are tensed, and then they can hurt. Mine always hurt when I start biking in the beginning. But long term I think it's very good as it strenghtens your back muscles, and it will be much easier to keep correct posture with stronger muscles, than with the muscles that all day long sitting in chair produce.
panacea

Post by panacea »

One of the main reasons bad posture is bad is because it exhausts you. Your muscles aren't relaxed and while awake or asleep and standing or sitting still or doing anything you are exhausting yourself unknowingly because of constantly tensed muscles (caused by chronic poor posture activities like computer-sitting or biking or anything unnatural like that). Tense muscles is also another reason some people sleep much longer times.

So it doesn't matter if you built bodybuilder type muscles that bulged a few feet thick, if they are always tensed because you have bad posture you will be exhausted, sleep longer or feel more drowsy and less 'high on life' because you are constantly experiencing muscular stress.

Compare that with a skinny person who walks/runs all day and has relaxed muscles at rest - he has much more endurance in everyday life, and higher quality of life.

Remember guys, MCP drops not because of some 'weird' parasites or focal infections - those only cause CP 'walls', such as you hit 40 s CP in the middle of the day, and a while later feel sick and drop the CP. If your MCP drops from your late night CP it's because of sleeping too long, too warm, on too soft a surface, or some other sleep factor. This is because something in your sleep is causing you to breathe faster or mouth breathe in your sleep, and there is no mystery to it beyond that. If you get 60+ CP one night, in order to maintain it just use an alarm clock to only sleep for max 4 hours. That should even take priority over having enough energy to run or exercise the next day. Maintaining the CP at 60+ for 24/7 will give you much more energy total than constantly going on a MCP>CP rollercoaster.
dime

Post by dime »

While working on the computer is when my muscles are most relaxed probably (chair with back support), same like with lying in bed.
I'm not sure why walking/running is different from biking, in both cases your muscles are tensed to keep your body upright.
And evolutionary it's not like we're all that well adapted to bipedalism, e.g. I easily get knee and hip pain from walking/running (and no amount of practice really helps me adapt); back pain is also considered to mainly stem from our upright postures (no matter whether good or bad), etc.