Reaching CP 60 24/7

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Reaching CP 60 24/7

Post by Kasper »

Does this topic sounds familiar ? ;)
This time, I think my chances are a lot better.
Lots of free time, and I'm at 30 MCP already.

I want to be at 60MCP the week before september 1, the day the new schoolyear starts.
I think it's gonna be quite a hard job. And I will really happy if I'm able to reach 40 CP 24/7 next schoolyear.
But I'm putting the bar a little bit higher.
I really think it is possible, and I have lots of free time, to work on it.

Main project for now:
Curing feet inflammation. Remove all the callus, and use lamisil for the fungus.
After that, laser treatment for nail fungus.

Daily habits:
-Cold showers
Two cold showers of 20-30 min a day.
One when I wake up, and one before I'm going to sleep.
Trying to some light exercise/shaking movement while showering.

-3 hours of walking outside (to begin with)

-1 hour of studying the big book and normalbreathing.com
Last edited by dime on Fri 14 Sep 2012 21:52, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: changed title, was "7 weeks to reach CP 60 24/7"
Kasper

Re: 7 weeks to reach CP 60 24/7

Post by Kasper »

There are btw must changes going on in my body the last couple of month.
For example, I really love to dance now.
And I can assure, I've never ever liked to dance.
Now I'm just dancing as soon I hear music...

I always loved music tough, and I've played piano/guitar for as long as I remember.
The last 6 years I'm also singing quite much. Just when playing the piano etc.

The last, I think 3/4 months, my singing improved drastically.
I've recordings of my voice since okt 2011.
I record my voice whenever I have an idea for a new song/melody.
And if I'm comparing something I recorded in december to my last song, it's just like two other persons...

But enough of daydreaming of all the positive things that happened...
Go build some healthy habits !
Quote of the day:
"Will power does not last, but a ritual is gonna last you a life time."

I'm trying to build some healthy rituals. It might sound weird, but I'm just repeating the whole day, the exact same actions I want to do every morning.
So it becomes more automatic/fluid, and I don't have to think about it. I think this really effective for building new (complex) rituals in a short time.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Kasper wrote: "Will power does not last, but a ritual is gonna last you a life time."

I'm trying to build some healthy rituals. It might sound weird, but I'm just repeating the whole day, the exact same actions I want to do every morning.
So it becomes more automatic/fluid, and I don't have to think about it. I think this really effective for building new (complex) rituals in a short time.
Sounds very logical to me.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

btw, this is a very motivational video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDTab5qUQ1Y
Even if you won't understand what he's saying, I think this will give a motivation boost.

But besides that, he really says some intersting stuff.
And reminded me of a lot of things.
dime

Post by dime »

Nice video. Sometimes I go to http://ifeelunmotivated.com/, very interesting stuff can randomly come up :)

I think it's best to break down the "7 weeks to reach CP 60" into smaller, maybe weekly goals. That way you're constantly motivated and more aware of your progress.
E.g. when I'm lifting weights, my goal is not to bench press 100 kg, but to increase even a little bit the weight that I've lifted the last time. So I do everything that will get me to lift (no matter how little) more: eat well, sleep well, eliminate stress, etc. I'm 100% focused on that next day I'm exercising.
Sounds like a pretty good trick!
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Great idea dime ! How much are you bench pressing btw? Are you doing this for long ?
I think bench pressing is really good for getting a better posture. I'm doing push ups at the moment, feels very good.

First goal:
- setting up morning rituals, evening rituals
- repeat both during the day, measure the time it takes you, and try to improve it every round
- set up a goal for how long it should take you, make that your standard, try to own that every day, and identify yourself with that standard
dime

Post by dime »

Ah no, the bench press was just an example. I also do push ups, I'm at ten right now with 5kg vest. Also chin ups, and other exercises with dumbbells, all at home. So I've been doing this very strictly for a month already. Three times a week I repeat the exactly same exercises, covering all muscles in the body, so I have a very good idea about progress. As the guy said, it's very motivating when you realize that, wow, I can lift this weight 12 times, last time it was 10! Or measure CP 40 and last time it was 35. You need this kind of feedback to keep you going, and also you get some intuition about which things affect it positively and which negatively.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

You need this kind of feedback to keep you going, and also you get some intuition about which things affect it positively and which negatively.
I think that is the reason games are so addictive. Maybe we should gamenize life a little bit more.
Breaking your own morning ritual highscore, etc :p

Morning ritual:
1. measure MCP
2. Put on clothes
3. 10 push (or more) up with holding breath
4. Dental floss
5. Tooth brushing
6. Nasal wash with neti
7. 5 capsules of bio-kult
8. half tablespoon of xylitol and cold shower
9. foot treatment with callus remover
10. measure CP and write down ritual time
dime

Post by dime »

Hah, let each day be a game level: you pass it if your MCP increases at least by 1 the next day :D
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Measuring MCP is motivating I think before you are in the 30-40 MCP zone.
And also when you have breaked through this barrier, MCP progress is supposed to be quite linear
But in the 30-40 MCP zone, MCP progress seems to be more like a sinus movement. Which demotivates me a little.
Although I know I can break through it, if I persist, I don't think MCP is good indicator of the progress that is going on, and not motivating at all.

I'm now at this 30-40MCP zone. And I will be in it for the next couple of weeks I guess.
I think I'm going to do it like this: Measuring at which time during the day I break through 40 CP.
I have absolutely control about that. And how earlier I'm above 40, how better I feel, how more disciplined I am, less chaos in my head, etc. etc.

Current highscore: 22:07 (at 8-7-2010)
Current CP : 37 s (at 13:30)

So I must be able to set a new highscore today!
dime

Post by dime »

I agree about the MCP, for me it was going up and down quite randomly (or so it looked to me, maybe there were good reasons) and so it wasn't too motivating. It's not a reliable measure..
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Big fail for me today. I'm at 35 CP now... Still not above 40 CP.

Got a bit of a hyperfocus on chymase, very intresting stuff.
Vitamin E plays a role in preventing chymase release from mastcells (and therefore prevents PGD2).
More specific, chymase plays a role in mast cells in the skin, and less a role in mast cells in the lungs.
As I don't have asthma, and I do believe I have a hypersensitive skin, I think I might have a little chymase problem.
I should take more care of my vitamin E intake I guess.

This is one of the vitamins I'm not really sure of if I get lots of it in my diet.
I'm going to experimentate with 100 grams of hazelnut a day.

And now I need to make sure that I get 40 CP before I'm going to sleep!
Still will be second best highscore ;)
overkees

Post by overkees »

Beware if you are going for omega3 balance. 100 g of hazelnuts contain 9g of omega 6. 100 g Herring contains 2g omega 3. This is too much to compensate if you want to stay around 1 : 1 .

If you want to ingest alot of vitamin e with less omega 6, you should buy hazelnut oil. 2 tablespoons already provide 70% of the rda and only 3g omega 6.
dime

Post by dime »

Good idea about the hazelnut oil, I've never come across it. 2tbsp is a lot of oil though.. any other option for getting good amounts of vitamin E?

What about wheat germ oil: 1 teaspoon gives you
35% of E
omega 6 - 2.5g
omega 3 - 0.3g

I've been putting some sunflower oil in my "mayonaisse" for E, but that one has too much omega 6.
dime

Post by dime »

I measured 21 MCP today, not that bad. For some reason I was expecting it's 10-15.