How to get into jeans again...

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Marrrianne
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

How to get into jeans again...

Post by Marrrianne »

I am not doing the wai diet 100% - but I'm trying to get my diet more wai-way gradually.
I'm finding it hard to prioritize to do this diet more. I would love to be able to do it 80 %.

There's lots of goodness that follows with this way of eating: my skins turns better, my adhd gets more in control and I lose weight.
The only thing thats a barrier to me is how to do it practically. What foods to buy that are sheap and that contain enough calories. When to buy enough and how to make sure I have enough money.

So my problem is to take myself serious.

If anyone's got any advice that would be great. I'm also however, reading other peoples diaries - because I'm interested in how people do this in real life.

I wish I could tell how much I weigh but I'm so tired of measuring myself. I just wanna feel great and I do that when I stick to the Wai way.

Today I ate fruits but I also eat oatmeal and chicken.
And I drink lots of tea and coffee.
ANd I add brown sugar to stuff that I eat.
I drink lemonade and juice that I bought and that is very cheap.
I drink white whine.

I eat all kinds of foods when I'm out. My skin is not pretty right now and I would love to find out what's the matter with it, what it doesnt like.

So I am gonna do the acne diet at some point. It's just so hard. And I'm not very disciplined.

Pray for me? :cry:
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis
dime

Re: How to get into jeans again...

Post by dime »

Hi Marrrrrrrrianne how are you?
First you need to get into a positive optimistic state ;)
And then less lazy and more disciplined and planned. Put some rules!
Then it's easy to do those 80% or whatever else :)
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Some tips:

1 - What Dime said - put some rules. Have discipline. Go cold turkey. It will cost at the beggining, but after a few weeks/months, the cravings will pass; after some more, cooked foods might even not appeal to you anymore!

2 - Have always lots of variety of fruits. It will make your brain happy.

3 - Eat some fine amounts of egg yolks. They have lots of cholesterol, which will keep your brain happy, so it will ask less for the addicting substances of cooked foods. Wash the yolks with a dish brush and soap, and separe the yolk in your hands, in order not to ingest much bacteria.

4 - Eat dried fruit. Sometimes we miss more chewy/dense foods on this diet, and dried fruit could fill that lack. Also fresh bananas are more chewy and dense than must fruit.
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Btw, it's much easier to do 100% than 80% or even 99%. Because cooked foods all have addicting substances, so even if you only eat little cooked foods, you'll keep on ingesting those addicting substances, and your body will keep on asking for more cooked food. If you do 100%, your body will stop asking for it at some point. Or at least it will ask much less.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

In my opinion, one of the hardest things is the combination of going out, and staying 100% wai.
Especially, if you're not sure what the effects would be for staying 100% wai.

I would suggest, if you want to find out where you skin reacts to, try acne sample diet, and make it as easy as possible for yourself.
Tell all your friends, you can't go out for 2 weeks, and that they shouldn't try to convince you this 2 weeks.

If you find out that this diet really works for you, you'll have a huge motivation boost, and you're able to resist much better.
The only thing thats a barrier to me is how to do it practically. What foods to buy that are sheap and that contain enough calories. When to buy enough and how to make sure I have enough money.
Orange juice ! That's how many people on this diet get enough calories.
You need to have a ritual every evening (or morning) to make some orange juice.
Most buy oranges in (cheap) bulks (on the market for example).
And I drink lots of tea and coffee.
Not all people react on tea or coffee.
But you better try first the acne sample diet, and than add other stuff, to see how your skin reacts.
Marrrianne

Post by Marrrianne »

Wow thanks for your answers! Thats just so encouraging. I think that it's true - I better go cold turkey. I wanna make this an investment.

Is OJ not expensive if you make it yourself? I just think that it is.
But I will try it - and then just let ya'll know how my budget looks!

Since I worry this much about the economics I do intend to let you all know about the costs of my diet and how I will get along. I think that a budget would be very interesting. Especially when you are living in a capital and not in the country where fruits are better quality. You basically live as though you we living in a jungle on this diet haha :evil:
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
― C.S. Lewis
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Marrrianne wrote: Is OJ not expensive if you make it yourself? I just think that it is.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1435
mario91

Post by mario91 »

Marrrianne wrote: Since I worry this much about the economics I do intend to let you all know about the costs of my diet and how I will get along. I think that a budget would be very interesting. Especially when you are living in a capital and not in the country where fruits are better quality. You basically live as though you we living in a jungle on this diet haha :evil:
Focus on fruits like bananas and oranges, which are cheap and available mostly everywhere, are very nutritious and have thick peels (which keep pesticides out). Also nuts and egg yolks are available mostly everywhere, are unexpensive and nutritious. Other very good way of saving money and still having 100% quality is buying a big bulk of fruit when it's cheaper, and dry it yourself at home (dehydrator, low-temperature oven, etc).
Marrrianne

Post by Marrrianne »

Thanks so much for all of your answers. And encouragements. I am planning on doing the wai diet a 100% but I feel like my coffee addiction is grave..So:

I do drink coffee still and I eat munchfoods. But I do consider myself to be in rehab when it comes to everything that I hold as an addiction.

I will follow the advices you gave me when it comes to eating oranges and bananas and yolks.

I wonder if I'll ever gonna be able to eat cooked foods after having done this for a month. I once went on a raw food diet and when I drank diet coke after a month or maybe 2 months I PUked the whole night and i've never experienced anything like that... Cramps the whole night. I wonder why that happened.
― C.S. Lewis
dime

Post by dime »

Marrrianne wrote:I once went on a raw food diet and when I drank diet coke after a month or maybe 2 months I PUked the whole night and i've never experienced anything like that... Cramps the whole night. I wonder why that happened.
I'm pretty sure you ate something nasty along with the coke.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Marrrianne wrote:I am planning on doing the wai diet a 100% but I feel like my coffee addiction is grave..
Since your body has compensated for the stimulating effects of coffee, you can expect contrary effects when you stop drinking coffee.