Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by Emeira »

because of chronic caloric restriction or overeating and because here where I live I really doubt that imported fruits are nutritious enough. Some time ago in Italy, I have tasted really ripe orange and difference is huge compared with those in here.

I don't know if low alkaline phosphatase is really a sign of malnutrition in my case, some doctors say that you can ignore it as long as it is not too high. Anyway, I'll wait what my doctor is going to say.

Your thoughts?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

ok, more tests results:
Urine urea mmol/l 4,66 Norm: 1,7-8,3 GOOD
Creatinine urine mkmoll/l 67 Norm 44-80 GOOD
Potassium mmol/l 5 Norm 3,5-5,5 GOOD
Magnesium mmol/l 142 Norm 135-145 GOOD
Sodium mmol/l 1,04 Norm 0,7-1,1 GOOD

Total serum protein g/l 65,2 Norm 66-87 LOW
Ferritin ng/ml 44,09 Norm 4,63-204 On low side Serum Ferritin should be more than 70 for hair growth http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3678013/

"A low total protein level can suggest a liver disorder, a kidney disorder, or a disorder in which protein is not digested or absorbed properly. Low levels may be seen in severe malnutrition and with conditions that cause malabsorption"
I did liver and kidney tests, results were good.

I think there is a connection between thin stomach lining (poor digestion), low alkaline phosphatase (malnutrition,malabsorption), low serum protein, low ferritin, Blastocystis hominis in gut (blastocystis correlation with iron deficiency anemia http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18397391 ) and my hair loos

Last tests will be vitamin D and B12
Maybe stomach acid pH or colonoscopy

p.s ferritin in 2014-03 was 38,4 then I started drinking iron supplements, after 3 month ferritin increased 63,25 But only I had stopped taking Iron pills my ferritin levels decreased again to 44,09
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:because of chronic caloric restriction
chronic?
Not intermittent?
Why chronic?
Some time ago in Italy, I have tasted really ripe orange and difference is huge compared with those in here.
Yes, the difference may be big, but still, the body usually has no problem adjusting absorption rates accordingly.
I don't know if low alkaline phosphatase is really a sign of malnutrition in my case, some doctors say that you can ignore it as long as it is not too high. Anyway, I'll wait what my doctor is going to say. Your thoughts?
Low AP by itself is not worrying imo.
AP will be lower when fasting.
Emeira wrote:Total serum protein g/l 65,2 Norm 66-87 LOW
When the tests were done, were you in a fasting phase?
Serum Ferritin should be more than 70 for hair growth
No, that is not true, and not what the study says.
It is true that hair growth may be lower when ferritin is lower.
only I had stopped taking Iron pills my ferritin levels decreased again to 44,09
As the natural range tells you, there is no such thing as an optimum ferritin level.
It very much differs individually.
44 may be your optimum. Forcing it to go up will only have a temporary (and maybe adverse) effect.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

chronic?
Not intermittent?
Why chronic?
With raw food diet I think you have to count calories, because it is easy to under eat. I just can't stand a thought about counting and every time when I let my self to eat what I want and how much I want, there is always light energy deficit, maybe because of unconscious fear to gain weight
Low AP by itself is not worrying imo.
Forcing it to go up will only have a temporary (and maybe adverse) effect.
Maybe or maybe not, how to know?? I am so depressed you have no idea, doing any tests I can think of (and can afford of) to find any clue, what is happening with my hair.
AP will be lower when fasting
What fasting are you talking about? night sleep fast? Because I am not fasting during the day, I eat many little meals per day, fast only when I sleep, like regular people do from 9pm till 8am (Test was done at 8am)
When the tests were done, were you in a fasting phase?
Day before test I ate 6 yolks, 3 slow cooked egg whites (about 1pm) and at 9pm in the evening, before bed I ate whole chicken leg, slow cooked, 250g. Next day, in the morning 8am blood was taken for the tests
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

I read a little about your recent story Emeira. I'm sorry if this contribution of mine is irrelevant, but I just want to be helpful.
There were days that you seemed interested on following a Keto Diet (you have also the Optimal Diet). Both low in Carbs. Have you ever tried reducing Carbs and see what would happen? You seem to be in this situation for a 'quite' a while.
As Albert Einstein once said "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

P.S.: if you have already tried it and you don't do well with more fat intake, I'm sorry then, just ignore this post.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Novidez, I always thinking about that: "what mistake I am doing, what's wrong?"
I tried keto diet in the past, but there was some problems: bad sleep, low energy. Maybe I did it incorrectly, don't know.
I've read on-line says that if you have gastritis you should avoid fatty foods, and I have mild gastritis. Probably from overeating on fruits and any other acidic food.
Anyway, is it healthy to do keto diet even with a wai diet foods?
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Emeira wrote:Novidez, I always thinking about that: "what mistake I am doing, what's wrong?"
When you started Wai, on the first couple of months/years, you didn't have problems at all or did you?
Emeira wrote:I tried keto diet in the past, but there was some problems: bad sleep, low energy. Maybe I did it incorrectly, don't know. Anyway, is it healthy to do keto diet even with a wai diet foods?
I think those are the first symptoms when your body is trying to be keto adapted, but I may be wrong. You weren't really reading Panacea's thread about a Raw Wai Keto, were you? I think it is pretty hard in my opinion. For example, I think gelatin, ghee, butter are common sources of fat on a keto diet and here on Wai we know it's not allowed. Also, the only fruit you can eat is basically avocado. And there, the food you buy, I think the more fat it has, the better.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

When you started Wai, on the first couple of months/years, you didn't have problems at all or did you?
Hair problems started before wai diet, BUT during raw food diet hair shedding become more intense than ever
You weren't really reading Panacea's thread about a Raw Wai Keto, were you?
I did, but still can't imagine what raw-keto diet daily menu looks like... avocado, yolks, coconut oil, fish... hmm what else :?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

so seems like you ingest too little protein? or do I misinterpret?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I guess its more protein malabsorption and indigestion, because of low stomach acid and etc.
I eat animal food, a lot, but afterwards I feel like crap, burping, cravings for sour drinks, heavy feeling. I already wrote these symptoms in the past
After two weeks I'll ask my doctor to do stomach acidity and H. Pylori test
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

did you use the taurine for low stomach acid?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I bought it but didn't started taking it.
taurine helps with protein digestion?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

it helps with low stomach acid yes, do you have the powder form?
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Yes, powder form
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

okay, I would buy some of those measuring spoon and start low, like 1/8 teaspoon two times a day. And worknyour way up. I wouldnt go higher than 3x 1 teaspoon a day.