Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Emeira
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by Emeira »

... and high cholesterol is 10000% NOT because of the raw egg yolks, right?? :?

Well, apples from our garden, so they are without pesticides. Grapes, nectarines, peaches from around the world. I do not peel them and sometimes I eat them without washing It :roll:

I did not know about the balance of fructose : glucose. Could this be the reason of my headache and dizziness?

I will start eating more organic dry fruits, bananas, oranges. Thanks for the advice

Nutrient calculators:

http://nutritiondata.self.com/

http://www.fitday.com/
overkees

Post by overkees »

Unlike glucose, which can travel into the bloodstream without passing through the liver, fructose does have to pass through the liver, where its fate will depend to a strong degree on the feeding state of the individual. In a fasted state, blood glucose will be in short supply and gluconeogenesis (the production of glucose from other substances) will be upregulated, meaning that fructose (always initially transformed into fructose-1-phosphate) will eventually become fructose-1,6-bis-phosphate and then (via the activity of phosphofructokinase) fructose-6-phosphate, glucose-6-phosphate and finally fresh glucose for the bloodstream. As you may have noted, a lot of phosphate is used in this process, which uses up a lot of ATP and the source of its phosphate (dietary inorganic phosphorus). Once in the bloodstream, glucose is able to nourish the brain, and to fuel the muscles in the form of glycogen.
The liver also stores glycogen and, if the individual is in a better-nourished but not overfed state, glucose-6-phosphate (derived from fructose or from glucose entering the liver) is more likely to be stored as liver glycogen. Also in this state, and in the fasted state, a sizeable amount of fructose will end up as pyruvate and then lactate (a gluconeogenic substrate for glycolytic energy expenditure) and/or (via acetyl-CoA) carbon for oxidative/aerobic use in the citric acid cycle and/or ketone bodies (an alternative source of fuel for the brain when glucose is in short supply). Ketone bodies are normally present in higher quantities on a high-fat, low-carbohydrate diet. It is interesting to note, therefore, that fructose can behave almost like a fatty acid.
So, yes a balance of them is very sufficient energy wise. Fructose can behave a bit like a fatty acid and buffer your blood sugar. But then there needs to be abundant glucose in your system. The dried fruits are very good at providing glucose. Glucose can be much better used in the brain and a lack of it results in dizziness and headaches. Apples also lessen your hunger, so you might feel your energy levels less, which is already a very hard thing to get right on wai, certainly in the beginning. I had a LOT of headaches, took me 3 months to get it right. (I was never on 100% wai for more than 2-3 weeks though, more like between 85 - 95% all the time and still am(I don't have acne problems!))

And yes, Im not in the mood of posting all the research for egg yolks, but they in fact LOWER cholesterol (just as butter by the way). There are alot of researches about it! By the way, fructose also tends to have a bad effect on cholesterol if it is out of balance with glucose.

Organic apples out of your own garden are a good choice as a fruit though! But they are not bulk foods like citrus. Supermarket apples are worthless in my opinion.

I recognized the nutritiondata tables, so I already went and took a look. But it appears you needed a login to gather all the foods. LOL! I used that site for over a year and never knew it had such an option.

My graphic (Note: I eat ALOT of carrots ;))
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Can you show me your typical daily menu? what and when you eat
overkees

Post by overkees »

Yeah, but I don't do it like wai prescribes anymore. I adapted the diet till I found the version that really suits me. I also have some munch foods and in the above tables I took the avg I eat for a day in a whole week.

Now keep in mind that I don't have to get up everyday at the same time so my wakeup times differ (between 6-8 am). On mondays, wednesdays and fridays I make 1.5 - 2L Orange juice (OJ)+ 1tbs Olive oil + 1-2 tbs Raw Honey, on the tuesdays and thursdays I make 1L Carrot juice (CJ) combined with 1L of Orange juice (OJ) (2kg carrots!!) with the same amounts of honey and olive oil:

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 9am 300mL OJ, 11 am 300 mL OJ+ 25g 85% Chocolate, 14 pm Raw Parma Ham (or Serrano), 16pm 500 mL OJ + 25g 85% Chocolate, 18 pm 300 mL OJ, 19-22 pm finish my last sips
Tueday and Thursday: 9am 300mL CJ+ OJ, 11 am 300 mL CJ+OJ+ 25g 85% Chocolate, 12pm 200g very light smoked salmon (sometimes it almost tastes like raw salmon), 14 pm Raw Parma Ham (or Serrano), 16pm 500 mL CJ+ OJ + 25g 85% Chocolate, 18 pm 300 mL CJ+ OJ, 19-22 pm finish my last sips, just before bed a tablespoon of strong concentrated maple syrup
Saturday and Sunday: 9am 3-5 egg yolks +10-15g of gelatine + 30g of cheese + 30g of butter, heated up till 60-70 degrees for 3-5 minutes. One kind of 'funky juice', like 0.5 - 1 L grape juice, pineapple juice, orange juice, kiwi juice, carrot juice without O. And 100g of spinache + 3 tomatoes + 1 small bush of parsley + 1 cucumber combined juice. And 750mL fermented beet root juice one of the days. No olive oil.

My snack foods I don't consider very beneficial are (per week): 1-2 times a croissant, 0-1 small french fries + mayonaise, 1 time a week spelt bread (50 g).

I'm surprised at how much nutrients I am getting. Note that the vitamin E content is probably around 20 - 25, as it couldn't give an amount for the salmon and chocolate, which both contain a lot of it. I also was surprised that I use fat rather than sugar for my energy. 1000 calories from fat and 700 calories from sugar. I am around 2000 calories a day, which also is much lower than I expected. Certainly because I have a a lot of exercise. My typical day activities: 6-8 am: wake up, run 5km, then cycling high tempo 15minutes, 40 minutes sitting in the train listening to audio tapes of training NLP (tony robbins) or learning Spanish, 20 minutes of cycling, 5-10 hours at the university of applied sciences where I often need to cycle 15 minutes to a place to do research and also 15 minutes back, cycling 20 minutes, sitting in train learning NLP (tony robbins) or spanish for 40 minutes, cycling 15 minutes, then I am at home and sometimes I do an additional 3-5 km of running in the evening. This is a typical day for me, and 2000 calories seems so little...
I also fast 1-2 times per month for a whole day or at least 18 hours and I will go to the sauna on these days.

How I do it now? One word: Buteyko. http://www.normalbreathing.com Since I started practicing this for 2-3 months I became adapted to a higher CO2 level and never experienced a headache EVER again, I had those headaches 3-4 times a week, also before wai. I also had a very low blood pressure 50-80 and it is now always at 80 - 120 (we have a device that is also used by medical staff at home so it pretty accurate). Probably related to eachother.
What it basically comes down to is that you breathe slower and inhale less, with total relaxation (this makes it very hard). Do as much aerobic excercise as you can do on a day, but make sure you only use your nose. Your mouth can only be used for talking and eating. It is this simple adaptation that completely changed EVERYTHING in my life. If you really want to progress fast, combine a wai diet with buteyko and you will feel AWESOME in no time. There are a lot of topics about the buteyko and CP (control pause, a test to measure your condition) and people here have very good results with it.
A note: aerobic exercise on high intensity with only nosebreathing lets you progress much much faster than simple breathing exercises. But I advice to start with simple walking and trying to have a comfortable level of air hunger, if it is too low intensity incease your pace.
dime

Post by dime »

overkees, is your weight stable at only 2000calories?

I have similar experience, that I need less calories to maintain weight, even though I'm a lot more active. I think with time if you stick to a certain diet you adapt and become more efficient at digesting and utilizing the energy. Otherwise if you're changing the things you eat every day, like every day it has to be something different for lunch or dinner.. you can never reach the same adaptation. For almost half a year I'm limited to eating the same few foods every day: orange juice, egg yolks, fish, meat and rice. I'm always craving the rice+meat with raw yolks on top :) Raw fish not so much on the other hand, but I nevertheless eat it few times a week.
I've found it's also very important to know WHEN to be active; never after a meal for example, as you'll compromise digestion and the workout will likely be more damaging than helpful.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

On normalbreathing.com it is stated that you need much less calories at higher CPs.
I'm experiences the exact same thing. I'm very active but I consume only around 2000 calories day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:I'm so confused right now, here are my blood test results:

2011-12-09 (After stupid atkins diet) total cholesterol: 8,39mmol/l (normal range...5,2)
2012-03-15 (After mediterranean diet) total cholesterol 6,4 mmol/l still too high!
2012-09-21 Today, (5 months after mediterranean diet ( I was eating a lot of raw dairy) , 1 month after 90% Wai and 3 weeks 100% Wai) total cholesterol: 5.89 mmol/l

...and high cholesterol is 10000% NOT because of the raw egg yolks, right?? :?
If the raw egg yolks would increase your cholesterol, it would show in your blood.
The opposite is shown: a decrease in the blood cholesterol.
And as Overkees said; it really takes time to see a natural decrease in your cholesterol level. (unlike the level of many nutrients, such as glucose)
I did not know about the balance of fructose : glucose. Could this be the reason of my headache and dizziness?
The number #1 cause of headache and dizziness on this diet is unstable blood sugar levels.
When you juice fruits, its much easier to keep your blood sugar level right.
Whole fruits require a lot of energy for digestion.
Sipping fruit juices is most conveniently for this purpose.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Do you know your cholesterol levels?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

No.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

just curious
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't know mine, but my mom's were perfectly OK (after 6 years on the diet).
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote: The number #1 cause of headache and dizziness on this diet is unstable blood sugar levels.
I still have acne problems.
Is this because of unstable sugar levels? (too much fructose)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:Can too much fiber cause water retention and small pimples
Yes, too much fiber can cause water retention,
and anything that can cause water retention can cause acne.
Emeira wrote:I still have acne problems.
Is this because of unstable sugar levels? (too much fructose)
No, not because of fructose.
If you still have water retention its very likely caused by too much fiber.
Can you afford to buy a slow juicer?
overkees wrote:I would stop with taking those kind of amounts of apples though. Those are alot of apples and apples and grapes, and both have a lot of pesticides in them
The pesticides are on the skin / peel.
It would be great to juice the apples and grapes with a slow juicer (not blender!!), so that you dont ingest so much fiber, and then you dont ingest the pesticides either.
Why don't you go for some dry fruits as prunes and apricots
Too much fiber causes bloating and gasses and water retention.
your fructose is sky high.
Its okay if that fructose does not come from any supplement (fructose syrup etc).
Its okay because you are taking in small amounts at the time; no big meals.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote:Too much fiber causes bloating and gasses and water retention.
That's exactly how i feel!

I cannot afford slow juicer, but a few days ago I bought this one http://www.amazon.de/Philips-HR1869-00- ... B0079V00L2

For orange juice I am planning to buy this: http://www.amazon.de/Philips-2752-Zitru ... =8-1-fkmr1

I eat lots of nuts, walnuts and hazelnuts (raw, in shells). Are nuts rich in fiber?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: I cannot afford slow juicer, but a few days ago I bought this one http://www.amazon.de/Philips-HR1869-00- ... B0079V00L2
]
Ah, its a centrifuge juicer.
centrifuge juicer.jpg
Not perfect (high speed) but acceptable.
For orange juice I am planning to buy this: http://www.amazon.de/Philips-2752-Zitru ... =8-1-fkmr1
Yes, thats good enough.
Until i bought a real juicer, for many years i had been using this! :)
Juicing 4 litres of juice each day ;D ;D ;D
plastic hand juicer.jpg
I eat lots of nuts, walnuts and hazelnuts (raw, in shells). Are nuts rich in fiber?
Yes, high in fiber.
And since you still have acne, can you please eliminate these for a while?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.