Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by RRM »

If you are worried about getting enough copper; Brazil nuts, dried apricots, olives and avocado are high in copper.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

simple sugars (fructose, sucrose) inhibit dietary absorption of coppe
vitamin C have been shown to inhibit copper absorption
For example, copper absorption is enhanced by ingestion of animal protein
My hair shows copper deficiency. It means that somehow I don't get enough copper for a long period of time. I am on high fruit diet since 2012 (4 years) diet is high in fructose, sucrose, vit. C, low in protein. I am worried that high fruit diet inhibits copper absorption.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Emeira wrote:My hair shows copper deficiency. It means that somehow I don't get enough copper for a long period of time. I am on high fruit diet since 2012 (4 years) diet is high in fructose, sucrose, vit. C, low in protein. I am worried that high fruit diet inhibits copper absorption.
I understand what you're saying. Basically, you're afraid if you lost the ability to absorb copper at all. Is it possible RRM to happen such a thing?

Nevertheless, I want to believe if you reintroduce more foods rich in copper you may end up with more copper in your body, this is, that you can completely reverse the situation. Try the foods RRM said and see if your situation improves.

Keep sharing your thoughts and concerns.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

* Cocoa powder, unsweetened 2.71 mg / 100 g (0.73 - 3.79 mg range)
* Cashew nut, roasted and salted 2 mg / 100 g (1.93 - 2.39 mg range)**
Brazil nut 1.75 mg / 100 g (1.64 - 1.85 mg range)**

RDA: JSNFS Female, 18~29y, 158.1cm, 51.2kg [5] Copper, Cu......................................0.00000mg ..........1.60mg

Hazelnut 1.57 mg / 100 g (1.20 - 1.81 mg range)**
* Chocolate, extra dark, 70% cocoa 1.4 mg / 100 g
Pine pignolias 1.2 mg / 100 g (... - 1.43 mg range)
Pecan nut 1.19 mg / 100 g (0.90 - 1.50 mg range)**
Walnut 1.13 mg / 100 g (0.31 - 1.70 mg range)

Almond 1.07 mg / 100 g (0.10 - 1.57 mg range)
Macadamia nut 0.756 mg / 100 g (0.66 -1.29 mg range)**
* Chocolate paste, hazelnut 0.552 mg / 100 g (0.46 - 0.56 mg range)
* Chocolate, dark-, 40% cocoa 0.548 mg / 100 g (0.28 -1.26 mg range)
Avocado, pulp, raw <0.53 mg / 100 g (0.09 mg /100 g range)

Coconut, mature kernel, fresh 0.378 mg / 100 g (0.32 - 0.43 mg range)
Apricot, dry 0.306 mg / 100 g (0.23 - 0.40 mg / 100 g range)
Olive, green, stuffed 0.23 mg / 100 g
Coconut milk (liquid expressed from grated meat and water ) 0.223 mg / 100 g
Tomato pulp 0.218 mg / 100 g (0.12 - 0.43 mg / 100 g range)

Date, pulp and skin, dried 0.216 mg / 100 g (0.19 - 0.23 mg / 100 g range)
Olive, green, in brine 0.21 mg / 100 g (0.10 - 0.27 mg / 100 g range)

Foods that might be hard to eat raw, and also contains too much copper, though the ranges vary:
liver calf, lamb, beef (0.21 - 20.5 mg / 100 g); Pacific oyster (0.69 - 3.01 mg / 100 g); squid, raw (0.98, 0.11 - 1.89 mg / 100 g); shrimp; mollusks; cuttle fish; foie gras

Source of Data : Anses (2013). Table Ciqual Composition nutritionnelle des aliments French food composition table 2013. https://pro.anses.fr/TableCIQUAL/index.htm
Click the link: Search by component >> Minerals >> Copper

------------

* Those might be munch foods, or you may need to find an uncooked source.
** These are stable in Copper ranges of Minimums and Maximums.
I think i would go for a cashews, brazilnuts, hazelnuts, and pecans, if i wanted to know i ate some copper.
While walnuts and almonds contain copper, their min and max ranges vary a lot, some food item have some minimums very low, and some maximums very high.

JSNFS, Japanese RDA of 1.6 mg for copper might be a bit high, because they eat a lot of seafood, in Nutrition Data, my copper RDA suggested was 0.8 mg.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:I am worried that high fruit diet inhibits copper absorption
There are many factors that influence copper absorption.
Typically, the human gastrointestinal system can absorb 30-40% of ingested copper from the typical diets consumed in industrialized countries.Wapnir RA
Yes, simple sugars (though this study says the opposite) and vitamin C inhibit copper absorption, but any high fruit diet is also high in citrate (and other soluble organic acids), which enhances copper absorption.
Also, a high fruit diet is low in phytic acid and indigestable fibers, and does not contain high levels of zinc (which all also improves copper absorption).

You could try a copper supplement to see what the results are.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

gastrointestinal system can absorb 30-40% of ingested copper
That is so little
For now I just stick to more foods rich in copper, cronometer shows that I get about 2.2mg.... 40%= ~1.32mg
If my doctor advice to take copper supplements then I probably will
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

You could consider supplementing oysters instead to get your levels higher. They are very rich in copper (and zinc).
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

They are very rich in copper (and zinc).
I know, but here where I live there is no good quality oysters
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

after visiting another doctor (because of copper deficiency and stomach lining inflammation problems) new blood, urine, stool tests were done. I am glad that all test were done in one lab and in the same place, it guarantees accuracy of the tests.
Total protein - normal, Alkaline phosphatase - normal, ferritin - normal, blastocystis sp. cysts - not detected.

Two months ago, I had copper deficiency in hair , blood and urine, after that I started eating copper rich foods, mainly: lots of banana juice, hazel nuts. After 2 month... hurray! no deficiency in urine! from 7.21μg/g increased to 15.2μg (norms 10-60) in blood increased very little from 45.77 to 45.87 still deficient (norms 80-163) it could take a long time if I'll try to increase copper only through diet, so maybe I'll buy some copper supplements, did't decide yet. I have noticed that these small copper changes had positive impact to my hair too :)
Doctor told me that probably wrong supplementation in the past (too much iron, zinc etc.) created this copper deficiency in first place.

Stomach biopsy results showed that stomach lining inflammation is caused by h.pylori, but I refused to take triple antibiotics therapy, I want to treat it natural way. Is it possible through a diet? There is very little info on "what to eat" if you have h.pylori. Some says that high carb diet is bad, others - that high fat... any thoughts?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Emeira wrote:Stomach biopsy results showed that stomach lining inflammation is caused by h.pylori, but I refused to take triple antibiotics therapy, I want to treat it natural way. Is it possible through a diet? There is very little info on "what to eat" if you have h.pylori. Some says that high carb diet is bad, others - that high fat... any thoughts?
I don't know if H.pylori will respond to this recipe, Bald's Eye Salve:
It is a 1000 year old British recipe for an eye salve that researchers recently tested and found that it can kill/reduce population of antibiotic-resistant superbugs.

See Article1 and Article2, there are more articles out there, but you might need to piece together the recipe (and perhaps you may even need to go to England to get the exact same ingredients from the place that invented it?):

Article1:
http://www.sciencealert.com/1-000-year- ... stant-bugs
article1 wrote: 1,000-year-old onion and garlic remedy kills antibiotic-resistant bugs
The simple salve is more effective than modern antibiotics.

Keen to try the Bald’s eye salve? You can make your own topical treatment by following the recipe, kindly translated by the BBC, below.

Bald's eye salve

- Equal amounts of garlic and another allium (onion or leek), finely chopped and crushed in a mortar for two minutes.

- Add 25ml (0.87 fl oz) of English wine - in this case, taken from a historic vineyard near Glastonbury.

- Dissolve bovine salts in distilled water, add and then keep chilled for nine days at 4 degrees Celsius before straining through a cloth to remove particulates.

Article2:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/science ... -MRSA.html
article2 wrote: It describes a very specific method of making the topical solution including the use of a brass vessel to brew it, a strainer to purify it and an instruction to leave the mixture for nine days before use.
This one mentions that the ingredients need a brass vessel to brew!

Beware that all the ingredients need to be used, when they tested a batch without the vegetable ingredients it did not work.
I wonder how many grams of garlic, allium and bovine salts are needed needed?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Here is the article for Bald's eye salve, from the researchers in full:
http://mbio.asm.org/content/6/4/e01129-15.full
Harrison F, Roberts AEL, Gabrilska R, Rumbaugh KP, Lee C, Diggle SP. 2015. A 1,000-year-old antimicrobial remedy with antistaphylococcal activity. mBio 6(4):e01129-15. doi:10.1128/mBio.01129-15.

It shows their methods, and the results of testing different types of batches against colonies of bacteria.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Maybe the secret powers of that salve lies in copper.
- Brass has copper.

- Ox bile probably has a lot of copper, as i think the bile is going to the liver, and liver foods almost always has high amounts of copper.

- Leek has more copper than onion (https://pro.anses.fr/TableCIQUAL/index.htm).
- Leek salve scored better than onion salve in reducing bacterial population in that experiment (Harrison F. et al. 2015, see box plot, http://mbio.asm.org/content/6/4/e01129-15.full).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Copper is antibacterial:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antimicro ... _of_copper
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oligodynamic_effect

Copper is in Brass.
To increase copper, maybe you can use brass/copper pots, pans, pitchers, plates, fork, spoons to hold your food.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Novidez wrote: Is it possible RRM to happen such a thing?
Nearly everything is possible, but its highly unlikely.
A low intake usually results in HIGHER absorption rates.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote:
gastrointestinal system can absorb 30-40% of ingested copper
That is so little
Ha ha, it may also be too much, depending on your intake.
Copper absorption rates may greatly vary, also depending on your intake and needs.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: I started eating copper rich foods, mainly: lots of banana juice, hazel nuts. After 2 month... hurray! no deficiency
Great.
That is the way to go about it.
maybe I'll buy some copper supplements
That is a sure way to a LOWER copper absorption rate...